What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is that 2k without the set bonus up? If so drop all that crit til you have 1k and replace with Apen. It's the same for every class I believe but 2k is about 20%.

yep w/o, so i get 1k arpen from that, you advised for 2k, does that mean i have to take 1k from my recov also?
    gibbo1 wrote: »
    Umm 1 question

i just bought the cat companion, but im not sure what jewerly/runestones.

Cat has Offense/Offense/Defense with Neck,Waist, Ring

Cheers

get an offensive belt (rare)
  • Options
    axlefgkaxlefgk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i prefer more CC over the temp health for damage, from what i've played ive wished many times for that second of knockdown on my prones(mostly because i come from playing CC focused characters in other mmo pvps) but I've never noticed the extra damage from temp hp doing anything ever, even in your videos and other dps gf vids you barely have temp hp. So i modified your build for myself to have more CC. I'm only posting here to hear any input you have about this (not downplaying your build at all, since i love it and it is pretty much why i have a Guardian).

Would love to hear your feedback.
  • Options
    lassewtlassewt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice guide. Any reason for not taking the 'Pin Down' heroic feet? Looks **** on paper to me.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking of the Paragon Feat that allows for an extra second of Frontal Assault. Could go a long way in PVP for an AOE KD.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    jaeldynjaeldyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which pet do you use ? I assume you are using either the cat or the ioun stone for the stats ? also, at lower levels, would you rather use the Knight Captain set or the Stalwart Bulwark one ?
  • Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    who gonna help me with trample the fallen skill???
    i can decide if that skill is usefull for pve?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaam3 wrote: »
    who gonna help me with trample the fallen skill???
    i can decide if that skill is usefull for pve?

Been addressed a few times. Decent for PVP, other passives work better.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been addressed a few times. Decent for PVP, other passives work better.

so isnt that good for pve?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Went without internet for a few days and upgraded to a connection where I can steam. Unfortunately, I'm burnt out on NW and probably won't be playing until the balance/content patch. Cya then!
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Testing out the stream with a few PvP matches.
    twitch.tv/supjeremiah

Youtube Channel

• Options
    mzanthropikmzanthropik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Envy,

I had a few questions in regards to weapon enchants.

I'm fairly geared and with my current regular dungeon run group and current boss mechanics I'm finding myself spending more and more time either dpsing the boss or in PVP scenarios getting in a few hits, a kill and then moving on to the next target.

This brings me to my question, you mentioned that when vorpals are fixed they will most likely be our bis, now atm i don't really have the time to apply the full Plague Fire debuff before they're.. well dead. So I've been considering making the move to a greater vorpal but am currently a little uncertain about making the expensive move..

You mentioned they are bugged?
    what's the bug you're referring to?
    is the bug on all the versions of vorpal?

and at a glance with a full stack of greater tenebs with the Plague Fire dots is it worth it?

I'm currently having trouble deciding what path to go down as its a pretty expensive decision and would love any input your willing to provide to help sway my decision:P

yours Sincerely,

Colours.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi Envy,

I'm fairly geared and with my current regular dungeon run group and current boss mechanics I'm finding myself spending more and more time either dpsing the boss or in PVP scenarios getting in a few hits, a kill and then moving on to the next target.

This brings me to my question, you mentioned that when vorpals are fixed they will most likely be our bis, now atm i don't really have the time to apply the full Plague Fire debuff before they're.. well dead. So I've been considering making the move to a greater vorpal but am currently a little uncertain about making the expensive move..

and at a glance with a full stack of greater tenebs with the Plague Fire dots is it worth it?

I'm currently having trouble deciding what path to go down as its a pretty expensive decision and would love any input your willing to provide to help sway my decision:P

yours Sincerely,

Colours.

I'm not sure that vorpal is bugged anymore although dont take my word for it. I just remember parsing a greater vorpal and it not having any effect. This was like 3 weeks ago. Greater Vorpal would be better for PvP than Greater Plague Fire. You don't need to rely on plague fire ticks to proc your Tenebrous stones. They will all almost certainly proc from one of your three encounters. If I were in the position to make a choice I would work towards a Vorpal. Better than both though, I would make sure to have either a Greater or Perfect soulforged.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    mzanthropikmzanthropik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I were in the position to make a choice I would work towards a Vorpal. Better than both though, I would make sure to have either a Greater or Perfect soulforged.

Alright thanks for your input, also another question. With the perfect quality of enchants I've been having some trouble working out what does and does not have perfect quality.

i was told Plagues do, but i was under the impression that enchantments obtained via boxes cap out at greater, tenebs etc...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchantments#Enchantments

answered my own question. That wiki finally did come in handy:P thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchantments#Enchantments

answered my own question. That wiki finally did come in handy:P thanks for your help.

Yup, nightmare lockbox enchants cap at greater but I think anything else can hit perfect. Honestly though the price between greater soulforged and perfect is not worth it for 1 more second of invuln.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure that vorpal is bugged anymore although dont take my word for it. I just remember parsing a greater vorpal and it not having any effect. This was like 3 weeks ago. Greater Vorpal would be better for PvP than Greater Plague Fire. You don't need to rely on plague fire ticks to proc your Tenebrous stones. They will all almost certainly proc from one of your three encounters. If I were in the position to make a choice I would work towards a Vorpal. Better than both though, I would make sure to have either a Greater or Perfect soulforged.

I know there were several posts a few weeks back saying that Greater Vorpal would only work as long as you don't have a single Tenebrous. Were those posts wrong, or have they fixed the interaction of those 2 enchantments?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I know there were several posts a few weeks back saying that Greater Vorpal would only work as long as you don't have a single Tenebrous. Were those posts wrong, or have they fixed the interaction of those 2 enchantments?

I honestly don't know. When I tested Vorpal I didn't have any Tenebrous slotted.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Stream is live.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Streaming some PvP for ~an hour and a half. Answering questions between matches and during death timers. http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Envy, wich shield/template are you using now when you are streaming?

Thanks
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Envy,

yours Sincerely,

Colours.

the glitch was/is that the crit bonus gets capped at something like 80% when you have tenes equipped... They tested this on a rogue forum where he said tenes were garbage because of that...

If it is fixed Vorpal would be killer, but I dont have the ability to check...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    Envy, wich shield/template are you using now when you are streaming?

Thanks

I just changed the template to steel bulwark. It's the round, spikey shield..

Youtube Channel

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Envy - You playing your GF again?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Envy - You playing your GF again?

Not too seriously. I'm actually really bored with the game and wouldn't play if it weren't for the fact that I just got new internet thats 20x faster that allows me to stream. I want to build up a base viewership before gauntlgrym comes out and help people out who may have questions.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I see you are not casting anymore. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I see you are not casting anymore. :(

I have friends over for DnD! 4 hour sessions on wednesdays. GG. I'll be streaming and answering questions around midnight EST, granted I'm sober enough.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    D&D Pen/Paper? Get me in some of that action! It's been ages since I played Pen/Paper. :D Who's the DM?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    D&D Pen/Paper? Get me in some of that action! It's been ages since I played Pen/Paper. :D Who's the DM?

My buddy who writes/illustrates comics. It's a lot of fun because he creates really creative and unique encounters. I'm a swordmage huehue.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    okay so, i got 1k arpen just by buying a berserker blue belt and changing my slavemaster rings to pyro bands with dark stones. You said if we ever should get arpen it should be boosted to 2k. Does that mean i have to remove 1k from my recov and put it into arpen? I have this feeling that arpen will be wonderful when I make the jump to vorpal.