test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    So trample the fallen and crushing pin have outweighed a survivability loss of improved vigor? Like how is it a noticable loss of survivability. Im still leveling im at 29

While leveling you may prefer Ferocious Reaction but once you're end game geared you won't find yourself dropping below 50% health in PvE and DPS > survivability in PvP.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey envy I'm rolling a Human guardian even though I have a dwarf guardian. I just can stand the look of my dwarf guardian LOL. Any advice where to put the 3 extra feats?
  • Options
    dardi6dardi6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey ho people :)

According to all the stuff here on forums, I am pretty much considering rerolling from dwarf(20 constitution base roll) to orc based on str and dex.

I am currently lvl 36, and if i would reroll, i want to do it as soon as possible.

Do you think it is viable to reroll? - and yes, I am asking about the difference at the very high end "endgame" content + pvp.

Thanksie :)
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    While leveling you may prefer Ferocious Reaction but once you're end game geared you won't find yourself dropping below 50% health in PvE and DPS > survivability in PvP.
    DPS? this build isnt feasible as an endgame tanking? (with block not being borked) lol.
    I just want pve tankability but with the pvp damage :) is this what this build is capable of?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dardi6 wrote: »
    Hey ho people :)

According to all the stuff here on forums, I am pretty much considering rerolling from dwarf(20 constitution base roll) to orc based on str and dex.

I am currently lvl 36, and if i would reroll, i want to do it as soon as possible.

Do you think it is viable to reroll? - and yes, I am asking about the difference at the very high end "endgame" content + pvp.

Thanksie :)

dex dont give cric chance to gf
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    DPS? this build isnt feasible as an endgame tanking? (with block not being borked) lol.
    I just want pve tankability but with the pvp damage :) is this what this build is capable of?

Yes it can tank anything.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    mslettlesmslettles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy - Thank you so much for this guide. I used your tips and applied them to my own ideas and I was top on the parse for most of my dungeon while keeping aggro on bosses and large add swarms. Now if only I could throw my teammates out of ground effects when they stand in them....
  • Options
    scooby1361scooby1361 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy are you still slotting all Tene Enchants in your offensive slots? I was reading somewhere that it no longer procs off of our Plague Fire Dots? If you are not what do you recommend slotting in it's place (I'm strictly PVP) I was thinking Rank 8 Dark for Armor Penetration?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Scoob
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scooby1361 wrote: »
    Envy are you still slotting all Tene Enchants in your offensive slots? I was reading somewhere that it no longer procs off of our Plague Fire Dots? If you are not what do you recommend slotting in it's place (I'm strictly PVP) I was thinking Rank 8 Dark for Armor Penetration?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Scoob

It still procs. If they ever get nerfed I would socket Arpen.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loving this build, Envy. Currently 25 Dwarf Guardian. PVP is so much fun! Thanks for all the input and feedback .
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    scumroachscumroach Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey do you think battle trample is better than crushing pin?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scumroach wrote: »
    Hey do you think battle trample is better than crushing pin?

Battle Trample is awful and should never be used in any case ever for any reason even if someone is paying you to use it.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    envy how u deal with impossible to catch from TR? The rotation of cloud>deft>impossible to catch+Duelist when GF is near>roll and rotate.

I tried my tr against my friends gf, no chance lol... Just keep poo-ing on him.

We are equally geared. Rank 8 all.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What did you use in that healing/damage video, fighter's recover or villians menace and how do you know when ferocious procs?
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    envy how u deal with impossible to catch from TR? The rotation of cloud>deft>impossible to catch+Duelist when GF is near>roll and rotate.

I tried my tr against my friends gf, no chance lol... Just keep poo-ing on him.

We are equally geared. Rank 8 all.

Run away~~

Youtube Channel

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shield bug is getting insanely annoying for PVP.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    unnoticedshadowunnoticedshadow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Sir Envy! I was just looking at your very well written guide and just had some questions. I'm level 10 now and liking the new abilities I have; but for stats,, what should i prioritize? And is becoming a good pvper hopeless if I don't spend money?
  • Options
    kornkilla2kornkilla2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yo envy what are your thought of the ancient weapons set from CN, with the +450 defense.. the main hand has slighty higher dps but lower power than the elder lizard main hand. is it worth it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kornkilla2 wrote: »
    Yo envy what are your thought of the ancient weapons set from CN, with the +450 defense.. the main hand has slighty higher dps but lower power than the elder lizard main hand. is it worth it?

Nope. Stick with Scimitar. CN set sucks. Hoping for a DPS set with Gauntlgrym.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey Sir Envy! I was just looking at your very well written guide and just had some questions. I'm level 10 now and liking the new abilities I have; but for stats,, what should i prioritize? And is becoming a good pvper hopeless if I don't spend money?

Power > everything early levels.
    End game you want Crit to ~2k, Arpen low 2ks, Recovery low 2ks.
    I haven't spent a dime on this game apart from the 2 day headstart.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    m0nt3s3m0nt3s3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I have some questions:
    1) "Crushing Pin" feat has effect on "Knight's Challenge" power?
    2) What "Prone" means?
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, Envy, I am lvling a guardian based on your build. I saw that you did another update and moved it to an exclusive(?) PVP statement. I am full PVE so my question is: this build is still valid for pve? I see no difference except from 1 point moved from shield use to another thing.
  • Options
    kroandarkroandar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Envy, question for you.
    I enjoy the offensive fighter archetype (always have and always will); do you think if/when the GWF gets buffed that would be a better class choice to work on, or is the offensive GF a viable option for both pvp and pve?
    18.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    m0nt3s3 wrote: »
    Ok, I have some questions:
    1) "Crushing Pin" feat has effect on "Knight's Challenge" power?
    2) What "Prone" means?

1) I really don't know. I rarely use Knight's Challenge unless there's more than one Cleric on the enemy team.
    2) Prone is when you knock someone down.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    Hey, Envy, I am lvling a guardian based on your build. I saw that you did another update and moved it to an exclusive(?) PVP statement. I am full PVE so my question is: this build is still valid for pve? I see no difference except from 1 point moved from shield use to another thing.

It's 100% valid for PvE. I just think Rokuthy is more willing and knowledgeable on the subject.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    kroandar wrote: »
    Hey Envy, question for you.
    I enjoy the offensive fighter archetype (always have and always will); do you think if/when the GWF gets buffed that would be a better class choice to work on, or is the offensive GF a viable option for both pvp and pve?

If GWF become as strong as they were in Closed Beta, I think it'll be really close. Don't forget though, GF are likely to receive buffs as well if the forum is any sort of indicator.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey envy...i just wonder can trample the fallen help in pve??
    and we had any control power??
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    okay so i now have timeless, but my enchantments are still sucky at best, I'm now leaning towards the Arpen line instead of slotting tenebrous. Coz I think it's gonna be better for my PvE DPS but will still do ok in pvp. Currently I have 2k Crit strike basically 0 Arpen and 3k recov, how much of those are you willing to sacrifice for arpen it I were you?

how much armor penet does 2k arpen do for GFs?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    okay so i now have timeless, but my enchantments are still sucky at best, I'm now leaning towards the Arpen line instead of slotting tenebrous. Coz I think it's gonna be better for my PvE DPS but will still do ok in pvp. Currently I have 2k Crit strike basically 0 Arpen and 3k recov, how much of those are you willing to sacrifice for arpen it I were you?

how much armor penet does 2k arpen do for GFs?

Is that 2k without the set bonus up? If so drop all that crit til you have 1k and replace with Apen. It's the same for every class I believe but 2k is about 20%.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    gibbo1gibbo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Umm 1 question

i just bought the cat companion, but im not sure what jewerly/runestones.

Cat has Offense/Offense/Defense with Neck,Waist, Ring

Cheers