test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    basement12 wrote: »
    what do you put in your utility slots? dark ench?

I'm putting ArP on Cat and Recovery on my gear atm because when I get Timeless set for bosses I'm gonna also get another set of jewelry with ArP on it (I would have too much recovery if I had recovery on Cat).
  • pezze1pezze1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was wondering what the stats are on the timeless hero's longsword i want to know if it's stats are better than the ancient one for this build ... i'v looked everywhere for the swords stats and cant seem to find them
  • turathiwarfiendturathiwarfiend Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for sharing this, Rokuthy. It has been most helpful.
    My rage might be justified, but it still burns within the heart of a devil.
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pezze1 wrote: »
    i was wondering what the stats are on the timeless hero's longsword i want to know if it's stats are better than the ancient one for this build ... i'v looked everywhere for the swords stats and cant seem to find them

I'm not in game so can't give you a SS atm, but it's a direct upgrade to the Valiant sword (just like every other T2 item - a direct T1 upgrade). So look at the valiant sword, and add some stats.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • tarascosaurustarascosaurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I've just gotten to 60, and with the client/server block change frustrating me a bit, I decided to try out this build since it is not blocking reliant. My old build was similar to the debuff turtle, maybe not exact, but focused on buffing block and getting all mitigation options available.

I am a little curious about the playstyle for this build. Doing the same (non epic) content that I was previously doing in my shield build (without difficulty), when I start a pull and head into a pack of mobs, I'm almost always... tossed around like a ragdoll if not blocking (and without the talents, if I do block, it shatters super quick). It just seems like every single mob attack comes with some sort of knockdown, knockback, stun, or similar, and that these lock you almost perpetually in the areas of the big damage attacks. I take huge amounts of damage and my health usually drops to 25% or less instantly while I jam on my keys and hope to get a potion or Iron Warrior off as I stand up.

I do try to be more mobile, running out of marked effects and watching for animations as best I can, but especially in situations with multiple mobs, I often find this means I'm running more than I'm actually hitting anything, and that the only attacks I can actually safely land are ranged encounters (frontline surge/enforced threat) and if I stop to try and land some cleaves I just get pummeled.

I do have Villain's Menace as an anti-cc, but it alone doesn't seem reliable enough.

What am I missing here?
  • massaferamassafera Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started this game last week.
    Thanks for the guide, it
  • scumroachscumroach Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey what do you think about crushing pin over battle trample?
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scumroach wrote: »
    Hey what do you think about crushing pin over battle trample?

Probably a better choice, especially for PvP. Battle Trample isn't that great.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    how are you handling this crappy change to block
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited May 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    how are you handling this crappy change to block

By not playing.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • valeri0wnvaleri0wn Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What change? I have been living under a rock. What have I missed? I just came back to my Guardian from rolling a rogue. Don't make me go back to my rogue Perfectworld :(:'(
  • psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I understood Knight Captain T1 Set doesn't work like intended atm? Looked like an interesting and cheap option for GF-starters, but was so dissapointed =X
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    valeri0wn wrote: »
    What change? I have been living under a rock. What have I missed? I just came back to my Guardian from rolling a rogue. Don't make me go back to my rogue Perfectworld :(:'(

You try to block, but what you get is either your character does a epileptic shuffle (no block) or looks like you're blocking but you're not.

The conspiracy theroy is they moved the client side block and stat scripts to server side due to the exploiters changing their values. (Quite possible seen this happen in many of games )

Before; you push block..your pc tells tells the server your blocking, ..it responds with "ok you block"
    Now; you push block ...the server says "one second please, I'm attacking you...still attacking..still going..ok what did you want?"

The official word "we did nothing, looking into this" (see above conspiracy as this bug occurred the same time as their exploit fix)

The simple solution ; follow suit as with most other games, leave it a client side script, just have the values match the server side script in values.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    By not playing.

:( exactly what the majority of us GF are doing, they ruined my favorite class...just ruined it
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The exploit doesn't work anymore and yet Cryptic swears they didn't change anything.

"Rogue intern patches game on the sly!"
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • astos2astos2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the switch to 1/3 Combat Superiority? Did you test it sometime after your answer on Page 8?

Thanks!
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to make this guide. I have referenced it extensively. Just got my GF to 60 (after my cleric main and a 60gwf I never play).

I have a couple questions. First, which GF encounter earns the most action points? I'm full dps, I ran an Epic Pirate and was using Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge. For the final boss I replaced Lunging with Into the Fray. I'm wondering if there is something I can replace Frontline Surge with to build even more AP, especially since FS has a relatively low max target limit, looks like it might be 4? If there is nothing else with huge AP gain, is there anything I could slot instead of FS for DPS?

Next question, unrelated to this guide, but I am having trouble changing the appearance of my chest and gloves. Icefall Gauntlets and Greywolf Breastplate... anyone have any idea if these are impossible to change appearance or do I need some particular kind of item to use as a template?

Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to make this guide. I have referenced it extensively. Just got my GF to 60 (after my cleric main and a 60gwf I never play).

I have a couple questions. First, which GF encounter earns the most action points? I'm full dps, I ran an Epic Pirate and was using Rush, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge. For the final boss I replaced Rush with Into the Fray. I'm wondering if there is something I can replace Frontline Surge with to build even more AP, especially since FS has a relatively low max target limit, looks like it might be 4? If there is nothing else with huge AP gain, is there anything I could slot instead of FS for DPS?

Next question, unrelated to this guide, but I am having trouble changing the appearance of my chest and gloves. Icefall Gauntlets and Greywolf Breastplate... anyone have any idea if these are impossible to change appearance or do I need some particular kind of item to use as a template?

Thanks!
    Frontline is like 15% of our dps, I wouldn't replace it considering hitting 3 targets builds over 40% AP (i forget exactly how much it is)
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Frontline is like 15% of our dps, I wouldn't replace it considering hitting 3 targets builds over 40% AP (i forget exactly how much it is)
    Cool. Thanks for the reply. Also, I edited the original, but when I said "Rush" I meant Lunging Strike.. can't keep all these names straight.

Oh also I figured out the graphics thing... I think there is some kind of bug either dealing with items already bound or items you already had before getting the one you're trying to appearance change. I dunno, it's weird.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments and details in this list, after reading it completely i decided to follow this guide from scratch, i just started yesterday still lv 7 will continue to lv up today :) since i'm a complete **** i was wondering if you can help me with a couple of tips :D here are my questions:

Is it really worth it to adquire the Founder pack i mean not due to the exclusive stuff mostly for all the other things, and well if some of them will really help me for my GF

do you have some tips to level up? like best gear to start with where to lv up per lv? is it worth it to have a cleric as companion to lv up?

now i was reading about profession, how many professions can we learn? and which ones are the best to get in order to earn/have the most AD and stuff? and well applied to a GF (i will no be lv 20 profession in 2 days like Rocku lol i do not have that kind of a time) but i sure will play this game at least till November.

Do you know where i can find a good guide (if there is any) of the quest that i can follow as a ****, i'm all alone and probably will not be able to play in parties to much only if i can find one within the game so was thinking on doing more solo play than other stuff to LV up and earn AD (and probably this will also mena that the sets i will probably get them by Auction house) that is why was thinking on which profesion would currently help me get more AD.

Thanks in advance for your help

PD: Roku the guide did help me a lot so i'm looking forward to be a good GF to enjoy this game
    PD: forgot to mention sorry about my english i'm not a native speaker
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey I've pretty much soloed my way through this game and to be honest no quest is really hard. Just make sure you use your potions when you get in trouble.

Personally I found Recovery followed by Power to be the best gear to search for as you level. I had a little life leech on as well which smoothed out some of the bumps. When I hit 30 I started to search out Recovery Armor Pen and Power gear. To be honest I'm late 40's now and still in some of my level 20 gear and really not struggling all that much. Just keep your main hand weapon upto date since all our damage scales off of that.
  • nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I soloed through levels 1-60 as well, other than when quests told me to queue for skirmishes or dungeons. Looking back on it, I didn't have any real direction as far as a build and the choices I made with equipment weren't that great at times. So basically, while choosing the "right" gear can probably make leveling a little easier, I think you can go through the levels quickly enough that just making sure you're using the highest level stuff you find will work.
    As for companions, I have all 5 of the basic companions (the ones you can buy with in game gold) and I found the cleric to be the most useful. Using her, and potions when necessary, I didn't find things to be too difficult.
    In short, others may have different opinions, but I wouldn't stress too much over finding the "perfect" gear as you level, just have fun with it and once you hit 60, you can start doing the epic dungeons to try and farm the good stuff.
  • warblackwarblack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really a nice guide!!!

but have a question... how the indomitable warrior set is for tanking in T1?
  • vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys...i just wonder.....
    can GF have any usefull place at Cn???
    edited June 2013
    vaam3 wrote: »
    hey guys...i just wonder.....
    can GF have any usefull place at Cn???

I had no issues clearing CN with my group - I've done it with 2 different comps:

DC, DC, GF, CW, TR

and

DC, GF, CW, CW, TR

I've cleared the final boss one time with 1 of each class, and it was awful.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    I had no issues clearing CN with my group - I've done it with 2 different comps:

DC, DC, GF, CW, TR

and

DC, GF, CW, CW, TR

I've cleared the final boss one time with 1 of each class, and it was awful.

i always try with tr,dcx2,cw,gf

but gf dont really needed in there

dcx2,cwx2,tr is the perfect grp!!
    i hope make the gf better in this game!!

and 1 more question!!
    at last boss at cn..what excactly do??i am focus on boss...is anything else we can do??

p.s. ty for this guide the help me a lot...if u not had this guide maybe i had reroll to another class :)
    edited June 2013
    1 DC 2 CW 1 TR 1 GF is the best possible group to clear dungeons. It's the fastest by far. For Dracolich put on your timeless set, bull charge, knee break and tide of iron and single target dps the boss, you'll do the second most dps to the boss after the TR (and you won't be that behind either).
    edited June 2013
    Also, Rokuthy, aparently recovery doesn't work how everyone thought it worked. So BiS gear is 22% ArP (which is really like 21.5% because of dex), recovery and crit from gear and then full power enchants. Crit/recovery/power rings, power/crit/arp necks, power/recovery/arp belt on you, crit/recovery/arp on cat, full arp enchants/runestones on cat.
    edited June 2013
    Also, Rokuthy, aparently recovery doesn't work how everyone thought it worked. So BiS gear is 22% ArP (which is really like 21.5% because of dex), recovery and crit from gear and then full power enchants. Crit/recovery/power rings, power/crit/arp necks, power/recovery/arp belt on you, crit/recovery/arp on cat, full arp enchants/runestones on cat.

mk sounds good, I'll log in and check out my stuff and redo the OP. thanks.

For CN last boss, yeah, just full single target.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    edited June 2013

haha, that's the exact gear I'm wearing and 100% to the T what I have on the OP, the only difference is the enchants - I'll just drop recovery enchants and go 1 more ArPen and the rest power.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer