test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rokuthy isn't as sexy as me, pls. I'm a dwarf, there's more to love.
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    anyone know going price of longsword of the timeless hero?
  • st4tu5st4tu5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    The Ebon dye pack.

Thanks for the reply!
    edited May 2013
    Ebon dye on Steel Bulwark.
    just the armor or did you tramsute the full set into steel bulwark? thx
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    basement12 wrote: »
    just the armor or did you tramsute the full set into steel bulwark? thx

Full set, except boots. I can't find the boots drop location, probably not in game or extremely rare.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to thank you for your guide. As I was leveling I hadn't really planned out my powers and had just tried to pick for defense/guarding because that's what I thought GF was "supposed" to be. I like to stick to PVE for the most part and it worked fine for but once I hit level 60 I found that suddenly my cleric companion was getting killed even quicker and I just didn't feel like I had the damage output to do much. After reading your guide for a few days, I decided to respec yesterday and other than having to get used to a slightly different play style for this character, I'm really enjoying it.
  • malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where does the Gemmed pants and shirt drop?
    edited May 2013
    yeah cant seem to find gaunlets or boots for the set
  • st4tu5st4tu5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Where does the Gemmed pants and shirt drop?

Those are crafted by a level 20 Platesmith.
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah cant seem to find gaunlets or boots for the set

Gauntlets drop in Frozen Heart, they were easy to snag.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • humunguzhumunguz Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    which companion should i use? i cant decide between the cat and ioun stone of allure... the ioun stone is much cheaper and you get the same stats.. and i heard that if the cat dies you only get the half of the stats from it and ioun stone never dies, is it right?
    edited May 2013
    humunguz wrote: »
    which companion should i use? i cant decide between the cat and ioun stone of allure... the ioun stone is much cheaper and you get the same stats.. and i heard that if the cat dies you only get the half of the stats from it and ioun stone never dies, is it right?

Cat never really dies
    edited May 2013

I think I've seen the Cat die one time ever.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    edited May 2013
    Gauntlets drop in Frozen Heart, they were easy to snag.

you'd think there would be atleast a pair on ah >.>, are the bound on pickup?
    edited May 2013
    one last q, does Helm Of The Stalwart Bulwark drop from only the dragon boss, or can it drop from the bosses before u get to him? ty
  • elanithelanith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one last q, does Helm Of The Stalwart Bulwark drop from only the dragon boss, or can it drop from the bosses before u get to him? ty

Dragon boss or Chest from Dungeon Delve
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    you'd think there would be atleast a pair on ah >.>, are the bound on pickup?

I assume that since they fixed the rush exploit Frozen Heart suddenly became much less popular.
  • difcardifcar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to make the drops clear to everyone:
    The Mad Dragon can drop tier 1 helms and his chest can give tier 1 helms
    Idris can drop tier 1 chest pieces and her chest can give tier 1 chest pieces
    The last boss from Cragmire Crypts can drop tier 1 greaves and his chest can give tier 1 greaves
    The last boss from the Cloak Tower can drop tier 1 gauntlets and his chest can give tier 1 gauntlets

The last boss in The Spellplague Caverns can drop a tier 2 helm and his chest can give any tier 1 gear or a tier 2 helm
    The last boss in The Temple of the Spider drops tier 2 chest pieces and her chest can give any tier 1 gear or a tier 2 chest piece
    The last boss in The Frozen hearth drops tier 2 Greaves and his chest can give any tier 1 gear or tier 2 greaves
    The last boss in The Caverns of Karrundax can drop tier 2 gauntlets and his chest can give any tier 1 gear or the tier 2 gauntlets

Tier 1 includes the Stalwart bulwark set
    Tier 2 includes the Timeless hero set

Chests and bosses don't always give tier pieces

I strongly recommend you don't buy any pieces from the AH because they are overpriced as hell (sold 2 bulwark helms and a timeless helm for a total of 4,4 mil and that might even be cheap considering how high the demand is right now)
    The tier 1 none helm pieces are very easy to get, (I vendored a few bulwark gauntlets because I thought they'd be worthless, considering how easy the cloak tower is and how much I got from the DD chests)

Also consider that the 4 set bonus will eventually be nerfed (I sure as hell hope they do anyway (and I'm saying this as a GF)) and selling a tier 1 helm (If one drops) for the AD equivalent of 4000 zen or like 40$ might not be such a bad deal.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maior, not major, but yeah that's us.

I have fond memories of racing Vis and Lotus Cult for mobs back in the day. I was in wraith/rev raiding alliance.

Few things stand out . . .

teaming with Vis to break the LC c-block on plane of time entry. we brought 2 raids together, maybe 200 people, lagged the zone so badly the boss wasn't even hitting the tanks. SOE had to put a limit of how many people could enter the zone because of us. the thread on quellious collective about it went on for like 20k posts.

one other stand out was in the ssraa(sp) temple. we were there in force and ready to start and Vis wasn't ( or maybe it was LC, don't recall) BUT we couldn't get in because you had all the enchanters in ogre form and blocking the door (yay for collision logic ) so we had to call in a GM to moderate. we lost the roll but one of the wraith guys 'kettel" cursed out the GM who then insta ported us all out of the zone and banned use from entry for 2 weeks.

ah, the good old days . . . .
  • rathpithrathpith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So would your listed offence enchantments be better than greater tenebrous enchantments. With damage up to 1.2K and 5 of these runes, they sound pretty powerful?

I read that you were at one point testing the tenebrous enchantments, I would be interested to see why you chose recov stats over the tenebrous! Thanks.
  • xenodusxenodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    difcar wrote: »
    Just to make the drops clear to everyone:
    The Mad Dragon can drop tier 1 helms and his chest can give tier 1 helms
    Idris can drop tier 1 chest pieces and her chest can give tier 1 chest pieces
    The last boss from Cragmire Crypts can drop tier 1 greaves and his chest can give tier 1 greaves
    The last boss from the Cloak Tower can drop tier 1 gauntlets and his chest can give tier 1 gauntlets

Oh my, I must really be very very unlucky. Did over 20+ DD Idris and gotten 30+ Shield of the Stalwart Bulwart/Valiant Warrior instead of the chest piece. Ended up buying it on the AH from selling all those shields at 3k AD a piece :(
    Filjorn Gyrfalcon@xenodus of Dragon ~
  • vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello rokuthy!!

i just wonder do u use "trample the fallen" skill??
    is this good? and GF got controls powers?
    edited May 2013
    rathpith wrote: »
    So would your listed offence enchantments be better than greater tenebrous enchantments. With damage up to 1.2K and 5 of these runes, they sound pretty powerful?

I read that you were at one point testing the tenebrous enchantments, I would be interested to see why you chose recov stats over the tenebrous! Thanks.
    They have a long internal cooldown.
  • humunguzhumunguz Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    is anyone using the ioun stone of allure and can post the stats which he get from it
  • rathpithrathpith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    They have a long internal cooldown.

If I wanted to be successful in both PvE and PvP, which set of runes should I buy (since I can not afford two sets)? I know tenebrous are better for burst damage, but how large is the margin in consistent dps between regular enchants and tenebrous?
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    is anyone using the ioun stone of allure and can post the stats which he get from it

Stone: 155 Power 155 Crit 155 Recovery
    Cat: 225 Recovery 225 Crit
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013

When applied to an item: Offense Slot: When striking a foe you have a chance to deal 1% of your current Hit Points in Necrotic damage.

That is the issue with these enchantments and why they may be able to be replaced with more recovery or power. If you are low HP (as you will be when not guarding most times) these become less effective and the damage from your encounters may overtake the damage from the enchantment.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
    edited May 2013
    If I wanted to be successful in both PvE and PvP, which set of runes should I buy (since I can not afford two sets)? I know tenebrous are better for burst damage, but how large is the margin in consistent dps between regular enchants and tenebrous?

There's a pretty big difference. If you wanna maximize your PvE dps you also have to get Stalwart+Timeless+extra jewelry for the Timeless set.
    edited May 2013
    what do you put in your utility slots? dark ench?
  • nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually don't like to ask things like this as it's most often an "do whatever you feel is best for you" answer but I just got my first very rare drop, Knight Captain's Gauntlets, and I'm curious whether you all here think I should use them until I get something like the Stalwart Bulwark Gauntlets mentioned above, or if I should just throw them on the AH?