Install Arc
Options

Chat Banned. Proof this system sucks.

Comments

• Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phaetu1 wrote: »
    Why won't the NW team make a Trade channel?
    Seems logical.

It's pointless until they merge the shards.

Edit: Actually if it's implemented like the zone chat it wouldn't be.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    best and only solution is for you to behave and follow rules.
    where you get the idea that it`s spoiling your game experience ? while you are the one spoiling others by spamming or whatever.
    topics like this should be removed and get a warning for making them.

posting a picture with maybe not even 30 sec timeframe, who knows what has been spammed before that screenshot. i`m sure you got what you`ve deserved, or maybe too little for opening this topic and trying to win souls for your .... campaign.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stop spamming your garbage and you won't get banned? I have never had this happen to me and wtb/wts in chat constantly.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    haha you got banned loser
  • Options
    vistolvistol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    The chat system requires a lot of people to report as spam to ban.. it's not just a handful of people. I've seen quite a few people who spam LFG/LFM and never get banned.. so I'm a bit dubious of people who say they weren't spamming and got banned.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 ways to look at this.

One people get banned by mistake when you get the gold bots spamming, it's easy to click report spam on the wrong person by mistake.
    2nd, if someone has it in for another player, you can report them for spam along with a few friends to have them banned.

Considering its 2013 you would have thought PW wold have learnt from other games how to manage gold bots/spam in chat.
    But then I suppose as this is beta, that's what we are all here for, to test all of these things /sarcasm off
    Just curious though why people would get a chat ban for 24hrs, must mean the same happens to the gold spammers also lol
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nvm...............
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    2 ways to look at this.

One people get banned by mistake when you get the gold bots spamming, it's easy to click report spam on the wrong person by mistake.

Sure. Then a whole bunch of other people have to repeat the mistake. I just don't believe protestations of innocence.
  • Options
    flowsharianflowsharian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Yes, it's quite annoying isn't it? Now will you do anything that will cause that to happen again?

Do what you need to do, but this kid is a ****. Ignorant, idiotic, annoying. ****.
  • Options
    flowsharianflowsharian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    No, I don't think you guys get it. If there was no mitigation of trade chat in zone chat, the text would be scrolling so fast that no one would even see any of the things people are trying to sell or buy. I am suggesting that you find some other way to pawn your stuff, than zone chat, or you will be chat banned. It's pretty simple, and effective.

Also, let's refrain from the personal attacks, yes?

Guys this person doesn't get it, or if he does he's just being funny. Here's a perfect constructive retort for him: They could easily make it so there are multiple chat channels of zone chat(1,2,3, etc) to change to so not everyone is in one chat channel so that it's not stupid to look at zone chat. Make multiple chat channels, Trade, looking for group, etc etc. I mean this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is common sense, and it's not on here? At this point in MMO gaming? I don't quite see it's possible, I really don't. I thought there was a post from Cryptic about not trolling... hypocrites?
  • Options
    preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    So if somebody did that repeatedly in the span of a few seconds, you would be eager to start a conversation with them?

that would be spam
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    preludeii wrote: »
    that would be spam

Exactly the point.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    And how many times before that screenshot was taken had you posted your message in zone chat, hmmm?

I concur with dixa1 when they say the zone spam is obscene and people are sick of it. I definitely am, and will continue to report those who post the same message in quick succession until they get the hint!

You're wrong, I've had the same issue happen to me, one post roughly within 1 min of my last, one single post, not a 2 or 3 post in succession, and I was banned. This should not be possible for people, how the hell do you not understand the gaming community at large in this day and age.... it has SO many players that act like children and love to grief people for the thrill of doing so.... how can you provide something so damaging in the hands of players?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »
    this guy is right

scroll up more for proper screenshot
    or its just the last message of the spam than you got banned

nice try OP

/SMHSS(supersadly)
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So ****ed up that there are people advertising AFK PvP and Exploit runs and PWE just worries about spam. What a ****ing load of absolute a-grade horse-****.
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone wrongfully silenced like me reads this feel free to join Dragon and start reporting for spam everyone in the channel.Hopefully this will force Cryptic to address and notice this bug.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have another solution. Keep spam reporting people like you until you STFU and start behaving yourself.

If I keep seeing this type of player in the community at large, I will stop playing. I really wish I could say the words that need to be said, but alas all the children would come out in force and push their grubby little fingers on the report button and turn it all into folly. I disagree with shahualing, you have terrible logic and you truly don't understand what you are saying at all, and I don't think it would be worth the time to straighten you out(that would take WAY too long sadly) and anyone who sides with his viewpoint. The basic point to be made is you do not give players that ability, you just don't. That's like giving someone the ability to control who gets loot in a random dungeon group, you're going to run into so many people that just take it(Even WITH knowing they will leave, and then you won't be able to complete and finish the dungeon, it will still happen so much). But I digress, this is ridiculous that they came up with this mechanic, and that people are siding with it....and for people who are being offensive and belligerent to call out to other people with valid concerns that they are the ones being offensive and belligerent, heh, makes me chuckle.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :D Great, when people get pissed over something like that.

On a more serious note. I definitly do push the spam button when someone keeps flinging one and the same message a gaziljon times in the chat, no matter what zone I'm in. If I can't have a conversation with anyone anymore just because someone feels the need to advertise gold, items or looking for whatever. Use the que to get into a group for dungeons and so on, use the auction for selling and buying stuff(yes I know its down right now) and use the forum for finding or advertising a guild.

Yeah uh you can't do anything in zone chat except pretend to chat and possibly learn to read faster, so what are you talking about again? The issue and true concern here is the system is broken for spam reporting, and also that there are that many people on one channel having to via for being read. Enough Said.
  • Options
    jaidentjaident Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that I know my spam reporting is actually having an effect and helping the issue I am thrilled to continue reporting spammers. It's refreshing to actually see something happening here, not just thinking, its not going to make a difference so why bother. Really, really cool to see, Perfect World just scored some points with me.
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I keep seeing this type of player in the community at large

I'd say it's a rather typical playerbase of F2P fantasy games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    I'd say it's a rather typical playerbase of F2P fantasy games.

And it should be atypical rather. The developers have got to know that enabling the "children" only loses them player volume.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    best and only solution is for you to behave and follow rules.
    where you get the idea that it`s spoiling your game experience ? while you are the one spoiling others by spamming or whatever.
    topics like this should be removed and get a warning for making them.

posting a picture with maybe not even 30 sec timeframe, who knows what has been spammed before that screenshot. i`m sure you got what you`ve deserved, or maybe too little for opening this topic and trying to win souls for your .... campaign.

you should really get a clue first, actually. And no, you don't have one, /end.
  • Options
    gumboilgumboil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    If 20 people are sharing a problem with you, you are the common issue with 20 people. How are you not seeing that as the problem?

I have yet to see 20 people roving around to harass people with the chat system. I have been playing since day 1.

You don't need 20 people just 20 accounts. You also assume that those 20 people/accounts represent the views of the majority. 20 can ban 100 or 1000 then who is the problem with? It will be intresting to see what happens when the griefers start banning everyone they see on a spider or just everyone full stop. It is completely exploitable and hopefully be fixed before it is widely exploited.

My hunch is that it was only ever intended to allow players to police themselves and that it was simply a mistake to allow them to dish out arbitrary punishments. Personally I think it's a flawed system but in any case it should only occur in the channel that it is reported in.
  • Options
    jaidentjaident Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you should really get a clue first, actually. And no, you don't have one, /end.
    lol, nothing in the few replies I have read that you have posted in this thread have made any sense. I hope I am not the only one reporting you.

Now, as for this system, it is gorgeous and I hope it never changes. Perfect World got it right here folks.
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    If anyone wrongfully silenced like me reads this feel free to join Dragon and start reporting for spam everyone in the channel.Hopefully this will force Cryptic to address and notice this bug.

Since it's not a bug. And Cryptic is well aware how the system works. They have said it works as intended. Players have been asking change to player run muting for like 3 years in Champions Online forums. Since the system was 1st in there, before it came to STO and then to NW. If you really like to find out more, drop a visit to CO forums.
    All you're doing is cause trouble to yourself by using 'Report Spam' to others not spamming. (If there was someone actually monitoring the reports that 'Report Spam' supposedly sends to the "Muting Moderator"):rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You will find that fanboys will defend absolutely anything, no matter how ridiculous the system is. The sad truth here is that Cryptic/PW is well aware that people abuse the system, they have said as much in their other games. They just don't care because it saves them money through not having to manually handle spam reports.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    You are literally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You complain of being banned (by the choice of your fellow players and then write things like this, thinking it will persuade people you were unfairly banned ?
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After seeing the OP fight with half the community in what has now become a 24 page QQ post, I see the problem.
    We're arguing over the wrong thing here.

The reason the OP is so mad is not because he got banned one time.
    It is because he's one of those pain in the *** trolls that wants to exploit ruin and harass everyone else in the rest of the game.
    Yet every time he even starts trying to harass someone in zone, he's going to get yet another 24 ban.
    So you see, this ruins his method of game play - and makes this kid quite mad.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    After seeing the OP fight with half the community in what has now become a 24 page QQ post, I see the problem.
    We're arguing over the wrong thing here.

The reason the OP is so mad is not because he got banned one time.
    It is because he's one of those pain in the *** trolls that wants to exploit ruin and harass everyone else in the rest of the game.
    Yet every time he even starts trying to harass someone in zone, he's going to get yet another 24 ban.
    So you see, this ruins his method of game play - and makes this kid quite mad.

Are you kidding me? This game is made for trolls! :)

Want to silence someone for no reason at all? Np. just form a guild of trolls to report him.
    Need some AD? No worries, play a cleric and roll need on everything, they can't afford to kick you.
    Want that boss drop? Easy enough, just as long as you are the leader you can kick your competition out.
    Need some PvP gear but can't be bothered with it because it's kinda lame? Well, just join a AFK group or better yet multibox AFK it yourself.

The troll community is a fairly large demographic so I guess it makes sense to design a game for them.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's people like you two that cause the real issues. I post once and get chat banned from EVERYTHING for 24 hours. You are missing the point. Ban me from zone, fine. But from everything else? That's a joke.

2 days ago I was chat banned for "LF1M CN," not even spamming it. What should I use when I need to find people? What do you suggest zone chat be used for? Roleplaying? Get off your high horse and look at the real issue.

Just move on. This game is complete fail. Great combat/graphics but Cryptic/PW have no clue how to implement and manage a big boy MMO. Wildstar and TESO are just around the corner.
This discussion has been closed.