test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat Banned. Proof this system sucks.

Comments

• andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! We're looking into this, and your feedback is extremely helpful. Thank you! :)

Thnx, an official LFG, Help and Trade channel should clear things up.
    As goes for 24h ban, working as intended indeed !
    Should also lock or put this thread on The lower Depths,
    as its getting out of hand.
    Thnx Cryptic, keep up the great work !
  • thequeueballthequeueball Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andomiind wrote: »
    Thnx, an official LFG, Help and Trade channel should clear things up.
    As goes for 24h ban, working as intended indeed !
    Should also lock or put this thread on The lower Depths,
    as its getting out of hand.
    Thnx Cryptic, keep up the great work !

Can you provide a link to where they say it's working as intended? I can find numerous threads of complaints in the other games, but no official response.
  • iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is getting Better and Better...

LOL
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    league of legends? i don't see the relevance in this topic...
  • nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Dude, you can't possibly believe that moderator. He's just new and doesn't know what's going on.
    These policies have been live and complained about in CO and STO forever, and no one changed them.
    They're not going to change now.

In fact if you go to the CO site, a lot of them had conversations months ago at how all the D&D fans were gonna rage over things just like this. And guess what, the STO forums knew all about the AH too!

The CM that answered did not state that they would be eliminating the current system, (s)he stated that they are looking into this, looking into this does not mean a change is coming, or perhaps if a change does come means they will enhance the current chat system without eliminating the current chat ban by complaints (i.e. Adding a serverwide trade/lfg channel)
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are literally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Instead of facing the issue, you just want everyone to stay out of zone chat? I have a solution for you, turn your zone chat off.

This is the real problem . All the mature players HAVE turned off zone chat . You are asking for group members in a field of kiddies . And they think its funny to ban everyone . Just don't post in [zone] for the next month or so . By then all the kiddies will of left and it will be fine . STO had this same problem when they first implemented this system. Now it works fine .
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    LOL. You do understand that's just a standard phrase to keep sheep like you happy, right?

This is the first game of PW/Cryptic's that I've played. Therefore I'll reserve judgement on their comments until I have a better understanding of how they handle issues.

That said, there are things I wish they solved faster while other issues have been resolved in a timely manner.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look in other Cryptic games we the playerbase have tried, and tried again and tried some more to get rid of this. The facts are an ignore/spam button is much more cost effective than hiring in game moderators.
  • kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Look in other Cryptic games we the playerbase have tried, and tried again and tried some more to get rid of this. The facts are an ignore/spam button is much more cost effective than hiring in game moderators.

It's always been that, but they should have created another system for others who were falsely accused of spamming.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the first game of PW/Cryptic's that I've played. Therefore I'll reserve judgement on their comments until I have a better understanding of how they handle issues.

That said, there are things I wish they solved faster while other issues have been resolved in a timely manner.

Well, if anything is going to change. This will be the game to change it. It currently has the most dev attention so if anything will be heard it will be heard here.

That said. A few simple rules to those new to Cryptics way of doing things.

One, simply because something is said, don't expect any action on it. This goes double if the something said is worded in a way that already promises nothing. Cryptic is very good at talk, less so on action.

Two, if something is done. Don't expect it to be done in a way you wanted, liked, or understand. I honestly think there is something in the water in the Cryptic offices. Often times the community will cry out for something to be done, only to get something totally unexpected. Often when folks, for example, demand ponies, Cryptic will give then zebras. And often times the fix seems worse then the original problem. Ask anyone from CO how the request for vehicles went over.

And keep in mind, this is all coming from someone who deeply considers themselves a fan of Cryptic.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

I'm not sure I agree with that entirely. Better customer service generally leads to better customer retention (higher profits as well). There are numerous studies to show this. I'm sure they realize this so i'm not sure why they would disregard their customers so much.

The spam button seems to be the lazy way out as no other MMO (even the F2P genre) or game employs a system like this for reasons discussed in prior posts.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure I agree with that entirely. Better customer service generally leads to better customer retention (higher profits as well). There are numerous studies to show this. I'm sure they realize this so i'm not sure why they would disregard their customers so much.

The spam button seems to be the lazy way out as no other MMO (even the F2P genre) or game employs a system like this for reasons discussed in prior posts.

I dont agree with it myself but thats how Cryptic does things. *Would also add none of this is PWE's doing as all their games dont have this stupid feature.

*I know CO,STO and NW are owned by PW but you get the jist of it.
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, did you send in a report about this?
    You can show that you were not spamming.
    The game needs to have a auto spam-guard. If people continue repeating the same thing, they should be banned for 30 minutes. 24 hour bans are ridiculous.

Maybe we should all join a Facebook group for in-game issues. Someone could try the online-petition route to see if Cryptic would receive the outcry of the community and actually heed it.

Also, I would like to think that those who report everyone for spam would also receive a ban for abusing the "report spam" button...
    I ignore all the chat. It does not bother me.

I have never advertised for group or items in town, but after finding out that there are several people who are abusing the "report spam" button, I probably will not try to advertise for anything.
    edited May 2013
    velourian wrote: »
    OP, did you send in a report about this?
    You can show that you were not spamming.
    The game needs to have a auto spam-guard. If people continue repeating the same thing, they should be banned for 30 minutes. 24 hour bans are ridiculous.

Maybe we should all join a Facebook group for in-game issues. Someone could try the online-petition route to see if Cryptic would receive the outcry of the community and actually heed it.

I have but the ticket seems to be deleted and I never received a response. Now the chat ban is up, so that avenue isn't even a worthwhile venture. You have to deal with the ban because even if you try to put in a ticket you never receive a timely response ~ even if you do nothing wrong.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't see the problem when they will be able to respond to tickets in a timely manner, the abuses will be punished, and a minor tweak to set "ignores counter" to 0 every 24 hours... and the sistem is perfect.
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I really don't see the problem when they will be able to respond to tickets in a timely manner, the abuses will be punished, and a minor tweak to set "ignores counter" to 0 every 24 hours... and the sistem is perfect.

The problem wouldn't exist and there would be no need to submit tickets if the spam report didn't effect all forms of chat in the game. If it was a zone ban for 24 hours that would be a fair punishment. As it stands being banned from guild, party, whispers, and all other Crypic game chats is unacceptable.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is because most of the players aren't customers.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

All players and users are considered customers/potential customers and offering good support is vital for any business.

But this thread isn't about that.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All players and users are considered customers/potential customers and offering good support is vital for your business.

Not when it's cost-prohibitive.
    But this thread isn't about that.

I didn't bring it up.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is exactly the problem.
    Shouldn't they be looking to make more customers?
    They should be stimulating their players to become customers and spend money.
    I am chat banned.I cant play I will not be spending money.
    Why should I support/by paying money/ their product , if they are not supporting it themselves?

Frankly after reading how many people have zen problems / character bugs/ 2 weeks ticket times I am scared I will not get my money's worth if I decide to buy guardian/founder/zen.
    edited May 2013
    Not when it's cost-prohibitive.

It's not.

Better customer service leads to higher customer retention. It also increases the likelihood of attracting new customers, and increases repeat purchases, etc. Companies that invest in service see an increase across the board ~ there is nothing cost prohibitive about it.

If you want an example of great customer service, look at Amazon. Their profit margins are insanely low, and they need to rely on frequent purchases to drive revenue. They do this extremely well on the back of their service.
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    This is exactly the problem.
    Shouldn't they be looking to make more customers?

If you think chat-bans are what's preventing them from having more customers you have a very poor understanding of F2P MMOs.
    edited May 2013
    It's not.

Better customer service leads to higher customer retention. It also increases the likelihood of attracting new customers, and increases repeat purchases, etc. Companies that invest in service see an increase across the board ~ there is nothing cost prohibitive about it.

Okay, you clearly don't understand business at all.
    edited May 2013
    If you think chat-bans are what's preventing them from having more customers you have a very poor understanding of F2P MMOs.
    You are clearly trolling.
    If you had bothered to read my post you would understand that I believe that what is preventing them is zen problems / character bugs feats,missing skills / 2 weeks ticket times mainly.Along with the other problems they have admited.
    edited May 2013
    Okay, you clearly don't understand business at all.

My MBA and 7 years in the industry fail me :(
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it was a zone ban for 24 hours that would be a fair punishment. As it stands being banned from guild, party, whispers, and all other Crypic game chats is unacceptable.

It is perfectly acceptable. You yourself have mentioned being chat banned on three occassions. This is not something that happens at random.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    This is not something that happens at random.
    One of the problems we have pointed out in this thread is that it actually does happen at Random sometimes.Just because it has not happened to you does not mean it never happens.You can write like 1 message in the chat and get chat banned if someone is abusing the system and doesn't like that you are looking for group or asking a question.
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    It is perfectly acceptable. You yourself have mentioned being chat banned on three occassions. This is not something that happens at random.

Being chat banned three times has no relevance in the argument. I don't spam zone, end of discussion. If support looked at the logs and responded to me they could verify that.

You have yet to give any valid response to the questions i've posed to you ~ especially as to why being banned from every single chat and other games chat makes any sense at all.

I'll just consider you a troll.
    edited May 2013
    My MBA and 7 years in the industry fail me :(

Clearly, since you think there's no conditions under which improving customer service is not profitable.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    One of the problems we have pointed out in this thread is that it actually does happen at Random sometimes.

On multiple occassions?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
This discussion has been closed.