What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat Banned. Proof this system sucks.

Comments

• bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    On multiple occassions?
    Yes , if you play alot and regularly look for groups or sell items in the /zone chat.Another cleric will see that you are looking for group also and report you.Another guy will see that you are undercutting his Enchanted Keys and will hate report you.Maybe you get 1 report every hour but what happens if you play 6-7 hours a day?
    I've seen in my guildchat people give a person's @handle and ask everyone to ignore him to kill his chat because he ninja looted or flamed someone in chat or is undercutting or their party to karrundax is also looking for cleric.
  • thequeueballthequeueball Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    Yes , if you play alot and regularly look for groups or sell items in the /zone chat.Another cleric will see that you are looking for group also and report you.Another guy will see that you are undercutting his Enchanted Keys and will hate report you.Maybe you get 1 report every hour but what happens if you play 6-7 hours a day?

Don't bother responding to him. He avoids the real questions and keeps repeating the same thing over and over. Look through all his posts.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've seen in my guildchat people give a person's @handle and ask everyone to ignore him to kill his chat because he ninja looted or flamed someone in chat or is undercutting.

On the weekends I play more than six to seven hours per day. I haven't gotten a single chat ban for looking for a group. I haven't gotten a single chat ban for undercutting auctions. I haven't gotten a single chat ban for outbidding people on auctions. Neither has anyone I know in game.

And yet I am to believe that out of the thousands of people that are playing at any given time, there are players who just happen to have been picked by other players to get this dubious distinction? These players who come on the forums, using profanity and insulting and making personal attacks on other posters, yet claiming innocence of misdeeds in the game chat?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother responding to him. He avoids the real questions and keeps repeating the same thing over and over. Look through all his posts.

It seems to me that would actually be you.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited May 2013
    I will quote my first post to you.
    Please tell me how this is fair?And how Have I done something different than what you claim to be doing?
    8x4ks4.jpg
    adlrw9.jpg
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will quote my first post to you.
    Please tell me how this is fair?And how Have I done something different than what you claim to be doing?
    8x4ks4.jpg
    adlrw9.jpg
    If you are Illuminati I see it as fair. You were spamming... o.o
    edited May 2013
    I am Warpriest Of Tyr.You can see my name top left.Do you see it as fair?
    edited May 2013
    I am Warpriest Of Tyr.You can see my name top left.Do you see it as fair?

In that case. This system is messed up beyond belief. Give it time I am sure they will re-tweak it.
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! We're looking into this, and your feedback is extremely helpful. Thank you! :)

But yeah. They are so why do people still scream out in tears? o.o A staff said they are looking into it. Which means it will change.
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Honestly those screenshots tell me nothing. There's nothing in there about you being banned, there's nothing about you being Reported. You could have just logged on after your ban and put that into zone, took some screenshots and said, "SEE, that's all I said!".

Hell you might not even have been banned and this is the single longest troll post ever.

The real question is do you really think someone would be panicking this badly if it didn't happen? Use your brain idiot.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But yeah. They are so why do people still scream out in tears? o.o A staff said they are looking into it. Which means it will change.

Don't hold your breath.
    It has had 3 years time to change.
    Or maybe they just ignore the playerbase of the 2 other Cryptic games. Which on the other hand wouldn't surprise me at all.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    It seems to me that would actually be you.

I have answered any questions asked of me. I also have formed arguments as to why this is a bad system. I have yet to see you give a good reason as to why this is a good system. Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Go search the other games and forums for "chat banned" and look at all the evidence mounted against the system. Come back when you realize how insane the chat system is in this game.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In that case. This system is messed up beyond belief. Give it time I am sure they will re-tweak it.

Heh. Upthread he admitted to sending 3 times in 20 seconds. Also, he had an over-the-top rage thread that he edited. Based on his behavior in the forums, he's earned every one of his chat-bans.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    You could have just logged on after your ban and put that into zone, took some screenshots and said, "SEE, that's all I said!".

Hell you might not even have been banned and this is the single longest troll post ever.
    I am not a troll.I am banned.I am not lying.I have not manipulated the screenshots because I dont know how to and im sure people can tell by pixels or something.
    There is something there that says You have been flagged as spammer.
    here i took another screenshot for you that clearly says i am still flagged
    era7ir.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I sended 3 times with 20-30 seconds interval between each.Learn to read.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, all it means is that they're looking in to it. Honestly, the most likely change that we're going to see is that they'll tweak the threshold number of reports in order to get banned.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    I have.Its the post with 2 screenshots.If you bothered to look at it you will see

I say something
    about 14 other ppl say something
    I say something
    flagged as spammer.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they are going to "tweak" it, tweak it so that ignoring someone doesn't count for the muting. That's the biggest flaw of the whole FUBAR system.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    That is 2 pages , and it is not a matter of seconds it is a matter of atleast 20 seconds because I was careful not to spam.And between each message i Alt-tabbed and was reading cleric forums.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    If they are going to "tweak" it, tweak it so that ignoring someone doesn't count for the muting. That's the biggest flaw of the whole FUBAR system.

Or just allow the demerits expire over time. That way a few ignores a year ago wont count for much.
    edited May 2013
    Yes this is dragon.This is not prime time.I am currently logged in dragon and a whole page at the moment takes about 15 seconds.

Can you please remember that i am not some chinese spamming that I am selling diamonds , nor am i a kid 'spamming' zone chat saying my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is big or a racist or whatever.And I did/do not write 2 lines or more in a row.
    edited May 2013
    Yes this is dragon.This is not prime time.I am currently logged in dragon and a whole page at the moment takes about 15 seconds.

Can you please remember that i am not some chinese spamming that I am selling diamonds , nor am i a kid 'spamming' zone chat saying my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is big or a racist or whatever.And I did/do not write 2 lines or more in a row.

He's trolling you. Check his history. He's one of the people spam reporting others.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ERM I'd do less of the China bashing, Chinese money helped fund this game..you know Perfect World. Not all gold sellers are from China I bet most countries have these scammers. This is about the chat ban system not your bigotry. I am starting to see why you where chat muted.
    edited May 2013
    He's trolling you. Check his history. He's one of the people spam reporting others.

I suppose we're supposed to ignore that bel1eveee was trying to organize a mass reporting campaign on this very forum?
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I am starting to see why you where chat muted.

My point was that I did not break the rules or deserve to be flagged as spammer as evident by my screenshots and the flaws we have pointed in this thread.No offense to the chinese .
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    ...and there it is. It usually only takes three posts before you folks make it clear the REAL reasons you keep getting chat-banned. Thanks for not disappointing.

Turning yours off instead seems to be working.

Ahh Syber you are indeed one of my favorite poster here , logic in a sea of hyperbole. :cool:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I suppose we're supposed to ignore that bel1eveee was trying to organize a mass reporting campaign on this very forum?

I had no idea. But I do know shahualing has been trolling this thread from the start.
  • synkodesynkode Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got out of a 24 hour ban, and now am back because 1 person reported me as a spammer.
    edited May 2013
    my suggestion has been and always will be to move trade chat somewhere else where it's out of the way and voluntary to listen to. A bazaar zone, start promoting the player-made trade channel...whatever the case may be.
    I agree that something has to be done and that is what I've been working towards by posting here.
    About the mass report organize I was angry and my logic was that its the same situation with the AH exploit ->Cryptic does not give attention to a problem unless a LARGE amount of people are affected.I do not want to be afraid of looking for group.
    Nevertheless the plan did not work because I edited my post by the time I cooled off[about 5-10 min later] and realised that my logic was affected by my anger.
    edited May 2013
    How can I promote them , when I will most likely get spam reported again.
This discussion has been closed.