Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yuratei wrote: »
    How on earth can you (or anyone, not just you specifically) determine what the majority want when you yourself admit that those that didn't vote likely don't read the forums or don't have time for the forums? The truth of the matter is that there is no way to tell what they want, and as has been stated in numerous posts, the people who voted or post or even just read these forums are by no means an accurate representation of the majority of the players.

I hate to say it but its really similar to how votes go in the US but we still go off those votes. If they dont do a wipe which they did state they will not do any more then that is fine. I am pointing out that those that seem to care and took the time to vote would show the majority of those folks want a wipe. IF PW doesnt then so be it but also with that said they can understand why those ( if I had to guess) 1,269 people leave. Does it mean for sure they will, nope, does it mean any of them will stay, nope just pointing out what is already known and that is those that took the time to vote want it wiped.

If a major exploit like this breaks the economy and the reason to play for a good percentage of the player base then they need to do things like a full wipe, could it be the right answer who knows just going of this poll you can say yes but this is not everyone or even close so who knows.

A wipe would do go with incentive to re-level, but that takes time and effort, two things that companies like PW, WoC, and Cryptic dont want or willing to do.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    lol how have they remained silent? They have said over and over "no wipe". It's not that Cryptic is silent it's that The Wipers refuse to listen and accept the answer. So who's derping now...

They remain silent with any logical reason behind letting a pack of exploiters keep their loot. Not rolling back a game that has been so heavily exploited that no one sitting at 60 with good gear could claim any sort of accomplishment with a straight face.

They remain silent why they choose to ignore the MAJORITY of ACTUAL beta testers and founders who paid in thinking this was actually a BETA TEST. You may have come to just play a game, I come to help test a game that could some day be great...If we care enough and do out jobs as BETA TESTERS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    apocse7enapocse7en Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support full wipes.

I paid more money than I'd care to admit for Zen, I'd obviously prefer to get it back, but even if not - You can keep it. You can keep the founders AD as well... I support a full-wipe for the integrity of the game, and because I fully believe without said wipe, a large percentage of those who paid money (those who keep the game alive) will leave.

It's a shame for something with so much potential come crashing this fast; especially when a "quick rip of the band-aid" has a chance to save it.

Obviously these are my own thoughts and feelings, and no, I don't wish to debate them. It's just my opinion.
  • Options
    warpspitewarpspite Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's an idea, merge 2 of the servers and wipe 1 of them. That way nobody is lost and a sever is free for ppl to start again in a perfect (non corrupt exploited) world.
  • Options
    haralorharalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make an ingame vote about it and make the right decision.

The idea of a new Server is also good, if i can get my founders AD and Items to this server, the AD i earned i would let them on the old server or delete it.

As it is now i prefer a wipe and dont care about the AD i earned in this time, and leveing is so fast ein do not care about doing that again.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haralor wrote: »
    Make an ingame vote about it and make the right decision.

It's not. Whiny people just need to accept the decision, that was there prior to Open Beta even beginning, instead of wanting a poll every time they don't get their way.
  • Options
    blizzardof72blizzardof72 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Yeah ,,but considering the exploit was there in closed beta and one of their other games,,it smells like the everquest scam all over again,,they wont stop it because their the ones behind it and making even more money from it,,which is why they absolutely wont wipe it,,its a scam from start to finish.
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's not. Whiny people just need to accept the decision, that was there prior to Open Beta even beginning, instead of wanting a poll every time they don't get their way.
  • Options
    crowflcrowfl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe at game release, all other game's did why would this game be excluded? If its a good game then it will last and be played. You will always have the 24/7 crowd that wants it all and wants it fast, they are just part of every game. Ban the exploiter's (period).
    No excuse's, if you used a exploit you're done, go away, go back to WOW.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still support the idea of a full wipe. PWE and Cryptic needs to pay attention to the hundreds of requests for a wipe. New threads are popping up every day. People still have exploited gear, gold, AD, and exploited zen.

You don't even have to refund money, just refund the zen / founders items and it's all good. Seriously people will hit level 60 again in a couple days, if it even takes them that long. I am struggling NOT to level with my character, I must have gotten 15 levels now from simply praying.

Leveling in the game is super easy. Wipe the servers, give a clean slate, let us start over with out the exploited gains floating around the servers.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    iridium666iridium666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe.
    To the players that had lvl 60 characters, give us some kind of double exp boost for 2 weeks after the launch, will help us lvl faster. There won't be any exploited gear, and people will be happy.
    70% of the community supports a full wipe, you guys should take this more seriously.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What I actually support is 'wipe or I quit' and other doomsday style threads -posted by people obviously too immature to handle the internet properly -to be moderated into the below. =)
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sup tool ^

(or exploiter, they all look alike to me, I don't mean to sound like a bigot)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1er69m/so_are_there_really_people_who_still_got_their/
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My vote is no, because I'm trying to level my professions - which means a lot of time in the neverwinter gateway. I find it takes so long that even with a refund, I wouldn't want to bother with it again. I think another solution would be a new shard where people who wanted a 'fresh start' could just go to.
  • Options
    morrowfiendmorrowfiend Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 4 days in this game, had fun, luckily I read forums and can say Sayonara again. I feel so sorry for anyone that has payed for this game and now got screwed.
    Everyone...quit the game instead of threatening to do so.
    The way all this (not only the 9 month long AH bug that has even ocurred in other PW games as well, but muchmuch more) has been handled is a pisss in the face on us all.
    **** PW.

there, you can ban me now you **** thieves.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 4 days in this game, had fun, luckily I read forums and can say Sayonara again. I feel so sorry for anyone that has payed for this game and now got screwed.

I "payed" (sic) for this game and I don't feel screwed at all. Have fun back in WoW.
  • Options
    morrowfiendmorrowfiend Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never played WOW
    You just revealed yourself as a trollfanboy
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still looks like the majority of players are fair and decent and want a clean start..Alot of folks who exploited their way to the top also looks like..To lazy to level up once, for sure to lazy to do it a second time.

For the record tho, I never said I am quitting the game outright. The worst thing I have said is that I considered a charge back,with those exact words..I did not charge back because I knew going in what i paid for..

I have not "quit" but I am not playing..I will not be playing until their is some resolution to this whole mess and the community and economy settles down.

At that time I will decide if I am ok with where everything settles. If not, I will go..As for now, I am still a beta tester, an unhappy one, but still trying to stand with those I support on a major issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    68% yes vote says it all. In most institutions a 2/3 majority would result in the motion passing.

Sadly PWE/Cryptic are not democratic institutions to which we have any say or sway over. Therefore there will never be a wipe, as it is just work for them which they do not want or are ever willing to do.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I support full wipe ... but, when the GM and admin is "ready". I'm not suppose the game ready is free of bugs, cause that impossible, I mean is GM and admin can act quick when something happen to game including banning or reseting exploiter account
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There won't be any wipe , now chill and go out get some air .
  • Options
    delavega86delavega86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as long as i get my zen back, yes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "There wont be a wipe"...The battle cry of the exploited ...

No one can say if their will or will not...In reality PWE will do what it takes to keep paying customers around...Right now it looks like that will take a wipe to restore confidence.

We have the stam bug loosed and now a new dungeon boss exploit has become common knowledge ...I have reported on at least 4 other major game breakers...So working with more knowledge than most of you, I say that most likely we will see a wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ANOTHER one of these threads? Sheesh. How many times are you guys going to get the same answer to this question?

The answer to your wipe issues is in my sig. Do us all a favor and follow it if you're so bothered by the game.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    ANOTHER one of these threads? Sheesh. How many times are you guys going to get the same answer to this question?

The answer to your wipe issues is in my sig. Do us all a favor and follow it if you're so bothered by the game.

Yea, the short sighted position you have on display there has been handled very effectivly by many..Even in the post directly above you..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    9E868Oe.jpg
  • Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

I'll follow you around with this comment as it seems to shut you up for a while.

That's actually unintelligent, illogical and irrational. It's completely based on individual laziness and selfishness where you value yourself over that of the legitimacy of the product. Stop being absurd.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll follow you around with this comment as it seems to shut you up for a while.

That's actually unintelligent, illogical and irrational. It's completely based on individual laziness and selfishness where you value yourself over that of the legitimacy of the product. Stop being absurd.

I think I <3 you...In a strictly forum nerd kinda way tho..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Wipe my ***
  • Options
    xcamilloxxcamillox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Agree for wipe
  • Options
    macij66macij66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a full wipe
This discussion has been closed.