What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    there needs to be a wipe cmon man people made millions trillions of AD by cheating

and yet again there is another 1 hit + godmode exploit for the GF -_- wipe wipe wipe pls
  • Options
    vincirevincire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a full wipe

Due to the damage the AH exploits have caused, I don't see any other option other than to start over. Otherwise, the future of the game is compromised.
  • Options
    dreeddreed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stoped played some time ago.. get gear and thats all.. more ppl stand in town and "earn" Astrals in milions than play in dungeons or skirmish...

another thinks is a balance... Tank will not tank, pings and lags on pve and pvp, no EU shard/server/maint time, broken economy, bronek proffesion system - try earn somerthing or more.. try craft something good what u can use during lvling or on max lvl, insane price in Zen Shop.

I'm Waiting for wipe, changing in calsses, maybe for new class, changing in profession system. In current game condition i dont even want to come back and play.
  • Options
    aqis88aqis88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe
  • Options
    bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not about who has what. from what i'm reading its about the economy i have been playing about 3 weeks and only managed to have what 40k astral diamonds? not everyone wants to do dailies for AD and some people have millions of AD selling items for millions of AD all from exploits? thats just not fair to the new comers why should they have to buy zen for keys to catch up to buy gear? It just makes the NW economy screwed and once economies get screwed they never "recover from whatever has been done". Personally I bought 10$ in zen and made the decision its not worth it till 60 since gear and such changed almost hourly. But I do support a full wipe since it is "BETA" I know they said no wipes but it is beta and people that spent money for founders packs shout get refunded but buying zen is a choice everyone made knowing it was an "optional" way to play so wipe away please!!!!
  • Options
    morbidisastermorbidisaster Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is absolutely necessary in repairing the economy of this game. But I do not believe that characters should be wiped; only currencies and the auction house. A fair way to do this without wounding players too harshly would be

A. obviously refund payments and Founders' zen.

B. Also send out an amount of AD/gold to all players based on their level.

This would be a fair way to restart the economy because players will still have their same characters AND some currency so that they can put into the market to get it going again in a smooth transition.
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is this thread still alive?
  • Options
    ganseigansei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im also agreed on wipe.

I wont play this game unless there will be wipe.

And yes. i have already 60lvl char. but there are too many bugs
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    burleyxiii wrote: »
    9E868Oe.jpg

This is exactly what these threads sound like in my head :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    where you value yourself over that of the legitimacy of the product. Stop being absurd.

And I'll respond in the same way. Of COURSE I value myself more than a collection of pixels. Especially when said game pixels are advertised as free to play. I'm most certainly NOT free to play.

z-formation-snap-o_zps1297c2cb.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    magusiek1990magusiek1990 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HI
    I dont want this WIPE. I have Wizard 60 lvl with T2/T3 items and i have Inferno Horse. I did not use any bugs/exploits and does not want to lose it all. Those who want to WIPE is the children who are unable to transitions dungeons and they do not have Items.

Sorry but this is TRUE

Why do I and others like me have everything to lose? People who have worked hard and earned your items entering the dungeon. why do they have to lose everything?

Explain to me your fck logic.

Sorry for my bad english xd
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Those who are willing to consider a wipe are those who care about the game and want the economy and exploits fixed. They know that anything they currently have is easily replaceable in game and are willing to sacrifice a couple of weeks of game play to fix the next several years.

Name calling simply makes you look like what you accuse others of being.

Not to mention, since it is such a large part of the forum community, it stands to reason that it is a valid option.

Both sides have their points, being respectful of one anther while making your point demonstrates your maturity or lack thereof:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    magusiek1990magusiek1990 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok you're right, i'm sorry for that

Well talking about two parties have their reasons. Me too I would like that there was any bugs and exploits, etc. however, this is a beta and you need to catch errors.

but immediately WPIE?

have items that are worth + / - 10kk, others have stuff worth a lot more and also earned a normally not using any bugs
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OMG this nonsense is still being discussed?
  • Options
    mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe with full zen/AD refunds for all real money spent in Beta is a good idea.

It is the best way of addressing the exploitation that has occured during the Beta period and will also make the game feel fresh when the actual release hits.

With no wipe, new players are going to feel like second class citizens. That's a bad situation for the development studio and also for the player base.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is this thread still alive?

This right here. This thread serves no purpose as Cryptic already decided and said no.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Feedback usually serves a purpose. In this case it shows that 1400 vs. 600 think that Cryptic should change their mind on this issue. That's fairly compelling all by itself. The thread also has some pretty good feedback in it and that's generally a valuable thing for a developement studio to have from its community.

If Cryptic doesn't want this feedback, they are certainly welcome to participate in the discussion and say so.
  • Options
    wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did every quest possible, and leveled my GF as the game intended, it went pretty quick (6 days) but I felt good... At 60 I spent 200$ on ZEN and converted to AD so I could buy enough new gear for EPIC dungeon runs... WOOT life is going good, then all the exploits emerge with AD, foundry & tons of "quick" xp BS... now I feel stupid, yes .. i just watched some youtube on the foundry quick XP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and wonder how the *** they didn't see that coming.. lol, WOW, that was epic. Top that off with the AH /AD fallout and a wipe is the only answer to bring everyone back to level playing fields. NEVER LET THIS THREAD DIE !!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mamatank wrote: »
    A full wipe with full zen/AD refunds for all real money spent in Beta is my opinion.

It is the best way of addressing the exploitation in my opinion that has occurred during the Beta period and will also make the game feel fresh when the actual release hits.

With no wipe, I am going to feel like a second class citizen. That's a bad situation for the development studio and also for the player base.

There. Fixed for truth.

Okay. I concede that the suggestion in my sig is a bit extreme, but if the game is really upsetting you THAT much and you're just THAT OBSESSED with this ONE game.....then maybe it's not so extreme. Perhaps it would be a good idea to delete everyone in your personal rosters and uninstall the game. Lord knows if I felt that obsessed about a game that I'd demand a complete redo of EVERYONE just to satisfy MY desires, I'd have to step back and re-evaluate just what's going on.

I mean, it's not like people haven't spent real money on the game and got keys to unlock boxes and gained unique items that on a second go around said people might not get again. It's not like Cryptic can't guarantee that every unique item gained legitimately can and will be replaced for every. Single. Player. That. Earned. Or. Payed. For. Or can they? I don't think they can. Or will. Or SHOULD. Why should everyone suffer just because a minority of the game's population want to reset things so they can feel better about some fictional economy in a game? (Meaning the currency is fictional, it's a fictional setting, it's a FANTASY WORLD.) And make no mistake, despite a forum poll saying "so many" are in favor of a wipe, you can bet your bottom dollar that the general populace of the game does NOT frequent the forums and would indeed leave if suddenly, without warning, their characters were set back to level one. With nothing.
    Seriously. If it means that much to you, protest or something.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    If Cryptic doesn't want this feedback, they are certainly welcome to participate in the discussion and say so.

So the multiple posts from community reps, game admins and even devs in these forums stating that there will be no wipe just isn't good enough for you? Wow, that's some ego.

• Options
    psendaronpsendaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is pointless at this point. I haven't used AH so far so I can't really talk about the prices there but as I figure more and more stuff will become available on AH as to more and more ppl reach the lvl cap and have cool stuff to sell thus resulting in lower value of that equipment. So the economy will eventually fix itself.
    "Don't change colour to match the walls.
    Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you."

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Okay. I concede that the suggestion in my sig is a bit extreme, but if the game is really upsetting you THAT much and you're just THAT OBSESSED with this ONE game.....then maybe it's not so extreme. Perhaps it would be a good idea to delete everyone in your personal rosters and uninstall the game. Lord knows if I felt that obsessed about a game that I'd demand a complete redo of EVERYONE just to satisfy MY desires, I'd have to step back and re-evaluate just what's going on.

I can't take anyone seriously asking for a wipe unless they follow your signature. If this poll correctly represents the people in the game asking for a wipe, then having Cryptic lose 66% of the characters in the game would be a meaningful poll that represents the player's desire for a wipe. Otherwise it is just talk. If you want a character wipe, then wipe your character.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Not to mention, since it is such a large part of the forum community, it stands to reason that it is a valid option.

Except for this fact:

It would matter not a jot if the ENTIRE forum community were behind the wipe, because the forum community is a SMALL portion of the entire GAME population.

Consider how zone chat was the day after the seven hour rollback. I can guarantee Cryptic lost paying customers there. D'you really think they want to chance losing more? Or if they did, don't you think they are going to aim for the larger player base rather than the smaller one(which would be us, on the forums)?

But let's roll with your idea of wiping. A total wipe is not necessary. Wipe all bank space. Wipe the auction house. Wipe all inventory space. Refund Founder's pack items and refund actual cash purchases of zen. Progress need not be lost just to satisfy a small portion of the game's population so the economy can conform to their vision of it. And that's what it boils down to, really. The economy is not living up to someone's expectations.

Truth be told, I'm on mindflayer server and I don't see anything out of the ordinary with exchange rates or auction house prices.
    Don't wipe my server because exploiters are on some other server. Far as I know, there's no server transfer tokens. SHOULD be fairly isolated. Wipe a whole server. But not ALL servers.

Heck, as far as we know, the upcoming server merge may very well wipe all servers anyway.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I can't take anyone seriously asking for a wipe unless they follow your signature. If this poll correctly represents the people in the game asking for a wipe, then having Cryptic lose 66% of the characters in the game would be a meaningful poll that represents the player's desire for a wipe. Otherwise it is just talk. If you want a character wipe, then wipe your character.

Yo, Spanky.

Forum population is not equal to game population. We're in the minority here. Just so you know.

Edit: And my sig is just as outlandish a suggestion as a complete game wipe is. THAT is the point I'm trying to get across with it. And until a forum mod says something to me about it, it'll stay.

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yo, Spanky.

Forum population is not equal to game population. We're in the minority here. Just so you know.

Edit: And my sig is just as outlandish a suggestion as a complete game wipe is. THAT is the point I'm trying to get across with it. And until a forum mod says something to me about it, it'll stay.

Thats why I said "If this poll correctly represents the people in the game asking for a wipe". The whole idea about wiping their character, then asking for a wipe is so that the suggestion has actual impact. Anyone can ask for a wipe, but not many people would be willing to back their suggestion through action and action will always speak louder than words.
  • Options
    nexxisssnexxisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe except for character level!

Wipe everything and give everyone a full set of greens for their level (or just levels 10,20,30,40,50,60).

Alternatively open a new server and give everyone a free transfer. On transfer give players back their ZEN and give them a set of greens. At least this way you have the option to transfer!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm an entitled brat with parents who use the computer as a substitute for a baby sitter. I disagree with the opinions expressed by the majority so I'm going to be as loud as possible and throw temper tantrums on the internet until I get what I want.

See? I can break the terms of use agreement too.

but if the game is really upsetting you THAT much and you're just THAT OBSESSED with this ONE game

I didn't say that I'm obsessed with anything. I made a reasonable, mature statement and voted in the poll. I didn't threaten to quit playing, make emotional statements, hurl insults at other forum users IN CAPS SO THOSE INSULTS CARRIED EXTRA WEIGHT, or anything like that.

Lord knows if I felt that obsessed about a game that I'd demand a complete redo of EVERYONE just to satisfy MY desires, I'd have to step back and re-evaluate just what's going on.

Says the guy modifying other peoples statements inside of quote boxes and making sweeping, irrational demands in his signature.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that self-evaluation isn't a tool you've made much use of in your life.

Eh, I was going to respond to the rest, but I have a strong feeling that my sarcastic remark at the beginning of this post isn't very far off from the truth. I'm not going to raise someone else's teenager on the internet.
  • Options
    zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This poll is irrelevant, the majority of player base don't participate on the forums and only the minority lot comes on the forums to complain.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Founder, a HotN pack holder, and someone that spent hundreds of dollars on the Zen shop - I support this thread. We need a wipe. If people knew even half the exploits that go on here the ones that everyone is trying to cover, they too would want a FULL wipe.

I would even give up my so called "founder head start" if everything gets wiped and we all start fresh. That's how much I believe in it. Simply browsing around "certain" sites will have everyone come to the same conclusion. The screenshots and videos I have seen - can not be unseen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Eh, I was going to respond to the rest, but I have a strong feeling that my sarcastic remark at the beginning of this post isn't very far off from the truth. I'm not going to raise someone else's teenager on the internet.

Shows what you know. I won't say how old I -am-, but if you think I'm a teenager, you're off by about....three decades.

What I -am- is sick and tired of the attitude spewed out by those people asking again..and again...and again...and again...and again...for game wipes, when it's already been stated by admins....devs....community managers...there's going to be no wipes.

Apparently, no isn't good enough for you. You can't cope with someone denying you your will, so you'll just keep asking. Going from mommy to daddy to uncle to aunt to granpa to granma hoping for a different answer that gets you your way. I'm not the one throwing a tantrum here. I asked for a wipe the first time, and when it was said there isn't going to be any......it was good enough for me!!! I will state for the record, that no. I'm no fanboi. Cryptic really dropped the ball on some things, and yes, they should be held accountable for those things. But they're not wrong here and now with this.

And I went from asking for a wipe to backing the -game developers- on this. And given time to think about it, I did come to realize that a wipe would hurt more than help. Apparently, you don't listen to zone chat much. It's okay, given the nature of the beast, but...the day after the seven hour rollback? Holy God, you should've heard it.

And in closing, yes it's a sweeping, irrational statement. It's supposed to be, or perhaps you simply chose to ignore the last edited in part of my previous post. It is just as irrational, sweeping and inane as demanding over and over and over and over and over and over that the developers eat crow. Go back on their word. You and others are asking the developers to lose face even more. At least right now, they're taking a stand and saying "this far, no farther", which I can respect. They said "no wipes".....and they're sticking to their guns. I can get behind that. Why can't you? Oh, yeah. Because you're doing this for the good of the entire game. I'm calling bull.

This discussion has been closed.