test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• deathgod8671deathgod8671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys dont know if this is the correct thread to ask this but im a little bit confused abt the combat and needed some help. How and more importantly where do i buy armor and weapons? I found some weapons that are not for my class,what do i do with them? Also,how can i buy a horse??
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The funny part is that many of these exploits were caught in closed beta, but the devs are only fixing them after they "go public." It seems like, no matter how many times you report an exploit to the developers, as long as you don't literally announce that exploit to the entire world, they let it continue.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • imhereforuimhereforu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing to see here
  • bullfrogbullfrog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will happen to mails what disappeared from mailbox, but sent/recieved before the wipe?
  • valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i know that, i'm still a Time Lord. After 4 unreaded tickets and 2 posts on forum, can i have any solution for this? These are 2 empty mails, wich went back in time and i lost with high ammount of AD.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5292&stc=1&d=1369308825
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • m0shulm0shul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is dead in 2 weeks
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    m0shul wrote: »
    This game is dead in 2 weeks

na lets say 4 weeks until server merge ( thats the time you know its dying ) and other 4 weeks ( cash cowing ) until they bring the server down. maybe without any announcement. i would enjoy it so much !
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Honestly... I'm not opposed to a full server wipe of all items, money and AD. Refund Zen, let us save our actual character levels and profession levels but wipe everything else.

If you do that, that eliminates ALL exploit gotten loot but allows all of your hard work on your character to stay.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    Honestly... I'm not opposed to a full server wipe of all items, money and AD. Refund Zen, let us save our actual character levels and profession levels but wipe everything else.

If you do that, that eliminates ALL exploit gotten loot but allows all of your hard work on your character to stay.

Decent idea, pretty much what I have suggested before. It keep almost all of the progress for casuals whereas more serious players can easily get the good gear again relatively fast.
  • gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Umm.... PW / Cryptic...

Can you explain this ?

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/

Has this been addressed?
  • milodinosaurausmilodinosauraus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, apparently after the AH went up my 2 surgeon's band went missing. I found them before the exploit and happened to sold them during the exploit. Now those 2 items are gone. Can I have it back? ):
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi, apparently after the AH went up my 2 surgeon's band went missing. I found them before the exploit and happened to sold them during the exploit. Now those 2 items are gone. Can I have it back? ):

Making a ticket about your issue has a slightly better chance of succeeding then randomly asking about them in a thread about the AH.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • polkmnbvcxz7polkmnbvcxz7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for someone just about to start WOO glad i hadnt joined before the exploit had went down with the reroll, and woo bug fixes making a game im starting even better before i start!
  • nilzone77nilzone77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NM misunderstood
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    for someone just about to start WOO glad i hadnt joined before the exploit had went down with the reroll, and woo bug fixes making a game im starting even better before i start!

They didn't really fix much. Enjoy the hilariously overtuned Temple of the Spider though!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    alaazxxc wrote: »
    you are making wayyyyyy too much drama out of this if you dont want to play thats fine but STOP whining on the forms in such a childish way like " why we should trust you again" come on man its not your gf you are talking to here it is just a video game

There was nothing "childish" about that post you quoted. The only childish post here, is yours, which was entirely driven by taking solid criticism personally, because fanboy. This is a BUSINESS, if you don't think customer trust is a major factor in an industry glutted with alternatives, than you're the child. Or a very naive adult.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't we use the Caturday Cape to change the appearance of other neck items?

I'm still low level so maybe I don't have the "right" neck item? Can not every neck item be made to look like any other? Are there "categories" of neck items and if I find one that is "cape-ish" then I can use my Caturday Cape to change the appearance of it?

Or did you guys make it so that can't happen? I think it's pretty useless if we can't do that. Would have been better to give us a fashion shirt with a cat on it so at least we don't take off our actual gear for it.
    cROpbBa.png
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    This is complete BS. take your flipping gift and shove it where the sun don't shine. I want my auction items back not 11ad for an item that should have sold for 10000-15000x that but because you decided to let the auctions expire we get punished. I wouldn't care if you rolled back the game to the beginning and lost everything, I wouldn't care if you rolled it back and I had to resell items or regain xp, because it's fair to everyone. But you basically just screwed me out of my items and my AD for doing nothing.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually spent over an hour typing a complaint and realized IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE PAYING CUSTOMER THINKS

I HAVE NOT LOGGED INTO THE GAME SINCE THE EXPLOIT AND SPENDING OVER $600.00

EVENTUALLY THIS WILL SPEAK TO THEM IN ALL TONGUES !!!!
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    talk with your wallet, charge your money back.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wondering...how much AD is classified as suspicious? was looking at the AD exchange on mindflayer and noticed someone trying to buy 120,000 odd zen @ 355 a piece maybe this is normal but that's what? 42mil AD for $1200 worth of zen?
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    rizzaria wrote: »
    Just wondering...how much AD is classified as suspicious? was looking at the AD exchange on mindflayer and noticed someone trying to buy 120,000 odd zen @ 355 a piece maybe this is normal but that's what? 42mil AD for $1200 worth of zen?

That isn't one person. That is every person who is buying it at that price.
  • tristo1987tristo1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was reading the state of the game that they did, and I found this line. "in this particular situation we had to permanently close all exploitative accounts and coordinate a 7-hour rollback of all characters and currency transactions."

Then i go to my favorite gaming blog site and find in the comments below, a user who got nothing but a 3 day ban what a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. In a game that is prepared to take your money and have this stuff happen is just unbelievable, and just in case someone claims its in open beta bla bla bla, i say stop allowing people to pay for your game game until you fully fix this. I mean really ban the accounts and look into it further, not just get it all back online so the cash can continue to flow. I'm also aware that the game is free and no one has to use the cash shop, but its open beta so turn it off and stop letting people line your pockets while you sit back in your arm chair and laugh as the money rolls in. I honestly feel cheated by Cryptic. You cant solely blame the exploiters when the bug was brought to their attention way before it went viral. I would imagine that a lot of people got the same as the comment below.

Sorry about the wall of text i just feel very angry about the whole thing.

Here is what the comment said.

"My 3 day ban for clicking a bugged diamonds chest enough time to get 50 million is up. Nothing was wiped or taken away. I have never exploited before until this and having a magic chest of money that refills instantly I just couldn't resist. I never had so much. It was like playing a slot machine but you never lose. I could have macroed it like some others did and made a billion diamonds. I was to lazy though and my friend told me to make mules and I was to lazy to even do that and in the end I didn't need them anyways. Every one of my characters has nightmare mount, full bags,

I didn't even know it was temporary ban because they never bothered to email me I was banned they just blocked me from logging in or reading the forums. Clearing cookies let me view forums as long as I didn't try to log in. I figured I was permabanned because of what I did. I know I deserved one."

How many others probably got the same treatment as the comment above?
  • zyberneticzybernetic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A cat goes to Aralynn the Pious of Protector's Enclave, said he's depressed. Life seems harsh and cruel.
    Said he feels all alone in the threatening world of men.

Aralynn said to simply pray to the gods for company and friendship.
    And so prays the cat did.

"Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds..."

"Large amount of illegal AD has been laundered by purchasing and selling the Cat companion from the Wondrous Bazaar..."

"Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance..."

"Caturday now announced as the 3rd major festival in Turmish..."

Well prayed, Cat. Well prayed.
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cant blame the exploiters when the bug was brought to their attention way before it went viral.

I'm sorry, but this made me call bull****!!!!! To me, it is like saying, "Don't blame the crook when you leave your door unlocked." "Don't blame the con man cause granny didn't research." or "Don't blame the rapist when the girl is stupid enough to walk alone in the dark."

Cryptic made a mistake, call it overlooked, call it wrong prioritizing, whatever, with the bug. Does NOT give the exploiters (crooks) the right to steal.

Period.
  • tristo1987tristo1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with what you say. If you note in my post i want the exploiters to be perma banned, Ill refrain what i said, you cant solely blame the crooks. My aim was at the fact that the so called Crooks are still running round with millions of diamonds, you'll never stop crooks but you can at least punish the ones that get caught. I wasn't defending the crooks they are to blame.

You cant tell me your going to leave your door unlocked just because they don't have the right to enter. In the gaming world if there is a unlocked door people do anything to go through, that doesn't make it right but it happened.

Lets just call it a very big mistake on both parties and agree that not enough was done about it.
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I can agree to the mistake... and I can agree with that sentence, now that you edited it.
  • rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    That isn't one person. That is every person who is buying it at that price.

thanks for clearing that up, learn something new everyday
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tristo1987 wrote: »
    I agree with what you say. If you note in my post i want the exploiters to be perma banned, Ill refrain what i said, you cant solely blame the crooks. My aim was at the fact that the so called Crooks are still running round with millions of diamonds, you'll never stop crooks but you can at least punish the ones that get caught. I wasn't defending the crooks they are to blame.

You cant tell me your going to leave your door unlocked just because they don't have the right to enter. In the gaming world if there is a unlocked door people do anything to go through, that doesn't make it right but it happened.

Lets just call it a very big mistake on both parties and agree that not enough was done about it.

I could almost agree with you there...but if you come into my house uninvited, locked door or no locked door, you will be shot. :)
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • thfourteenthfourteen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There still seems to be a serious bug with the Auction house. I lost about 500 AD before I realised what was happening, glad I didn't spend a real amount!

I also tried to report the bug in game but the bug reporter seems to be... bugged
This discussion has been closed.