What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    dustinmustindustinmustin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So right before the setback, I had joined a Guild with some very nice people, and now I cannot remember the name of any of the members or the Guild itself (I have a horrible memory), and I'd like to know if you can help me get back to it. Thanks!
  • Options
    kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Real they asking he questings and awnsering them its like.

Q.Lets make neverwinter online P2Win?

A. yes.

LET US ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE THANKS.
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • Options
    compistecompiste Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is so ****ing bull****. Buggy as hell and don't say that it is in beta and it's normal for games that are in beta. This game has the buggiest beta i've ever seen. I can't even open the launcher...
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    ITS JUST A BETA!

You didnt like pay real money or anything... errr wait a second...
  • Options
    zoroasterrzoroasterr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good job ^^ take those AD out of the economy
  • Options
    thirdeye69thirdeye69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "robust thank-you pack"? I think that is debatable.
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope with the extended downtime with the AH that it will return with a search function that works correctly.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thirdeye69 wrote: »
    "robust thank-you pack"? I think that is debatable.

Wait, you don't think useless items are robust?!
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Q: But... I won the Armored Nightmare from a lockbox! I'll never get that lucky again!

A: We are currently working to restore Armored Nightmare mounts that were earned legitimately during the period of time that was rolled back.

Will you be doing the same for the rare companions?
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • Options
    forum888forum888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is awesome but still needs a lot of work I love the game though keep working hard and you will have a great game
    :eek:
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about people that got banned for reporting the exploit after having tested it to provide a thorough step-by-step in the report? It is a Beta test after all. I seem to recall reading a post giving an e-mail to contact for people that feel they've been wrongly banned but I can't seem to find it now. I'm assuming my friend can't access the forums anymore to search for it.

What sucks is that since PWE uses one login their STO and CO accounts are also closed down now after years of support. I'm sure PWE will help them out but I just wanted to find the best means for them to contact PWE about this exploit.
  • Options
    amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okoko1pl wrote: »
    Hey, when AH will run?!!!

My guess is it will be back up when they have a fix for the exploit/loophole. Otherwise, restoring a database is easy and fairly quick enough so I am guessing it isn't an issue of a restore to a certain point in time but more of a fix the hole in the system and then restore all the auctions back to just before the cats invaded.
  • Options
    amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazareanu wrote: »
    What is going to happen to items sold during the rollback? They took my item and ad. The faq never mention about returning items on the consignment....

I think what I have read, your items will be back in the AH once it is restored, and at whatever state they were in, and the auction end time will not have changed. Considering the length of time it is OOS most or all of your consignments will have expired and you will receive them back in the normal manner unsold auctions would come back to you, through the in game mail system if memory serves.

I had a Nightmare Mount in the AH, it had a bid of 800k on it before the cat was let out of the bag, and then someone bought it out at the buy out price during the Cat attack. I lost the 1 million or so AD as they rolled back to before it had sold and before I had picked up the AD from my mail. So my mount should still be in the AH with a bid on it as long as they restore it to the same point in time as they rolled back our characters. Of course the poor guy who bid the 800k before the cats invaded lost that on the rollback and will most likely win the auction since it would have long since expired.

If any admin can correct any of my logic and what you think will happen later this week then please feel free to chime in. Because knowing is half the battle!! ;)
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    amazingr wrote: »
    My guess is it will be back up when they have a fix for the exploit/loophole. Otherwise, restoring a database is easy and fairly quick enough so I am guessing it isn't an issue of a restore to a certain point in time but more of a fix the hole in the system and then restore all the auctions back to just before the cats invaded.

I'd hope they put the AH up when the auction investigation is over. They can just turn off the gateway <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> til they fix it. The problem that was exploited existed in STO. Their browser based interface is the problem.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I'd hope they put the AH up when the auction investigation is over. They can just turn off the gateway <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> til they fix it. The problem that was exploited existed in STO. Their browser based interface is the problem.

Ah gotcha. Well I hope they don't kill the Gateway as I use it to screw off at work and work my character's professions lol. I never did much but watch my consignments as far as the AH goes. They can just remove that if they can't fix it.

Though I do wonder if they hired the programmers like Michael Bolton from Office Space: "I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place or something ... I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail." :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    amazingr wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. Well I hope they don't kill the Gateway as I use it to screw off at work and work my character's professions lol. I never did much but watch my consignments as far as the AH goes. They can just remove that if they can't fix it.

Though I do wonder if they hired the programmers like Michael Bolton from Office Space: "I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place or something ... I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail." :D

The whole gateway needs to be deleted and rebuilt from scratch. Someone already wrote a program that automates the profession and auction house portions.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we do not have an ETA of when the Auction House will be available again, we do know that it will not be before Thursday, 5/23, Pacific Time.
    Yeah, I'm done.

The lack of being able to purchase items/gear, sell my own, and the loss of money due to the AH going down while I had a bid on my items for 2% of their market value is enough to make me quit this game just as I did with GW2 (TP down for weeks).

All I've been doing since the day of the mass use of the exploit was invoking, setting my professions and standing around in town. I can't enjoy the game anymore.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done.

The lack of being able to purchase items/gear, sell my own, and the loss of money due to the AH going down while I had a bid on my items for 2% of their market value is enough to make me quit this game just as I did with GW2 (TP down for weeks).

All I've been doing since the day of the mass use of the exploit was invoking, setting my professions and standing around in town. I can't enjoy the game anymore.

They're waiting out the auctions rather then deleting things by the looks of it. Is the max posting time the same as the minimum AH downtime? Wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What to do, if i had an item in the Auction House. That has been sold before the exploits. But, i got an EMPTY message with JAN 1 date that called: "Your item has been sold". So.. it's and empy one, i cannot recive nothing. The 2 emails worth 130,000 astral diamonds. I can make a picture, if it needed. Can i have an answer, how to solve it?
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    valkyr92 wrote: »
    What to do, if i had an item in the Auction House. That has been sold before the exploits. But, i got an EMPTY message with JAN 1 date that called: "Your item has been sold". So.. it's and empy one, i cannot recive nothing. The 2 emails worth 130,000 astral diamonds. I can make a picture, if it needed. Can i have an answer, how to solve it?

Jan 1? Really?
  • Options
    valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jan 1? Really?

Yess... and well it seems crazy.. still waiting for the solve, and no reponse on ticket :(
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    djarkaan wrote: »
    There is : copy paste their username go to User CP and edit ignore list, add a member to your list, click ok and save changes.

Pure gold!! Thank you thank you!! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They're waiting out the auctions rather then deleting things by the looks of it. Is the max posting time the same as the minimum AH downtime? Wouldn't be surprised.

I am interested to see. The Nightmare mount I put up was Friday night I think and I put it for the max of five days. So tonight it would have expired at the earliest. I will have to keep an eye on my email and see if I get one of those emails with the last bid amount or min bid in AD.
  • Options
    corpse0grindercorpse0grinder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eggsn wrote: »
    I believe the rollback was the right idea.

For those who think it is not, take note of my case: As a founder, the deal for the founder's pack is the 5 day access, on top of cool toys. Because of this, knowing there will not be a wipe, I took off 1 vacation day from work to play this game with my spouse for fun because we were so excited. That being said, how are they going to be able to pay for all those time I have spent if they wiped the characters? Should I expect that they will pay me for 1 day's worth of vacation, how are they going to refund me that time? Will they let the founders play 5 days by themselves and then bring in the F2P after and make them wait even longer?

Wipe is just not the right thing to do. They kept their word on what they promised as part of the founder's pack and the service. I'm glad of their decision for the rollback instead of the wipe. It doesn't fix everything but it is the best way for them to have handled that issue in my opinion. I just wished the cape can be made into a costume or something, it looks cool :cool:.

They just need to create a new shard for those who want to start over in a "clean" economy. Founders keep their chars, QQ'ers get their do-over. Everyone's happy.
  • Options
    ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    speed2x wrote: »
    If I receive astral diamonds from auction house what will happen to them I just made 1,800,000 AD :(

Looks like you're part of the problem.
  • Options
    ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still for a complete wipe; restore Zen from Zen purchases made with real money and restore AD to all original levels of each account based on packs purchased. The game is still in beta so wipes are to be expected. Personally, I would regard each person who isn't willing to do this as suspicious. Other's may have been taken in by gold/AD sellers, but buyer beware especially when making shady purchases.

Better to do it now than when we're six months into the game and discover the economy is hosed. There will be talk about progress made, but people will get over it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ixspar wrote: »
    Looks like you're part of the problem.

People paying tons of AD for t2 and the seller is part of the problem? Next piece of Timeless I get, should max buyout be 20k?
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: When will the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange become available?

The Astral Diamond Exchange is currently open, and we're working on bringing the Auction House back up as soon as possible. While we do not have an ETA of when the Auction House will be available again, we do know that it will not be before Thursday, 5/23, Pacific Time.

WHY? This is just lazy and incompetent administration. The entire purpose of the roll-back was to eliminate the exploited transactions...UNLESS; you really didn't fix anything and you are just waiting for the transactions to expire.

Seriously Cryptic, if your pre-launch development strategy is any indication the support once launched, I hope you make enough during beta to pay off your development costs because you won’t be around for long.
    This would have never happened in a REAL MMO beta or not.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    carnherbcarnherb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know is, I'm not spending any more money on this game for a long time.
  • Options
    brodofragginsbrodofraggins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I won't be playing this game until AH is back up, impossible to progress in gear when my inventory is full of purples I want to sell but can't.
This discussion has been closed.