test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• starkiller3434starkiller3434 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STILL no updates on Glory. Im beginning to think no one from PWE or Cryptic actually read this anymore.

Oh, and for whoever says wiping would be too punishable because he took one day off from work: what about people who cant afford to take a day off, but have only Sunday out of the 7 weekdays to really play? What about someone who can only farm his gear Sundays and did so, for seven hours on that day? Someone like that would be insanely crippled by a rollback, enough to make them quit the game. Yet, if everyone where wiped, the sting would seem equal to everyone. Cryptic doesnt want to wipe even though it is the safest/fairest course of action. Why? They would lose a lot of subscribers, more then with the rollback. But you know what? Tough ****ing luck. you knew about the exploit, did nothing, and there are consequences to be suffered, sorry. You want to show you are a good company and that you'll take the good decision without regards to profit? Wipe everything.
    Want to be seen as greedy developers trying to scrub this under the rug to be forgotten? Keep at it this way.

Its really too bad, I liked the game itself, the people working on it were doing a good job... Im going to assume its the asshats in charge making the **** decisions.
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    STILL no updates on Glory. Im beginning to think no one from PWE or Cryptic actually read this anymore.

Oh, and for whoever says wiping would be too punishable because he took one day off from work: what about people who cant afford to take a day off, but have only Sunday out of the 7 weekdays to really play? What about someone who can only farm his gear Sundays and did so, for seven hours on that day? Someone like that would be insanely crippled by a rollback, enough to make them quit the game. Yet, if everyone where wiped, the sting would seem equal to everyone. Cryptic doesnt want to wipe even though it is the safest/fairest course of action. Why? They would lose a lot of subscribers, more then with the rollback. But you know what? Tough ****ing luck. you knew about the exploit, did nothing, and there are consequences to be suffered, sorry. You want to show you are a good company and that you'll take the good decision without regards to profit? Wipe everything.
    Want to be seen as greedy developers trying to scrub this under the rug to be forgotten? Keep at it this way.

Its really too bad, I liked the game itself, the people working on it were doing a good job... Im going to assume its the asshats in charge making the **** decisions.

A a**hole like this who plays 1 day a week opinion should be worth about the same as Astral Diamonds during the exploiting.... Nothing... We play 7 days a week to level and get to 60 , and you have some broke , grocery bagger at the safeway who doesn't even have the time in his week to play trying to demand a wipe...
    edited May 2013
    Lol, look at this kid trying to make me feel bad for having a busy job: I play everyday, unfortunetly playing under one hour a night doesnt give much time for progress, does it? Your reaction here indicates what type of person you are, and you sir, are a sad little man. Ive been playing MMOS for years, and through all the bugs and exploits, this must be the worse handling ive ever seen... This rollback is a temporary, no, esthetic solution to a real, present problem. It has been happening for a while, before Sunday, so this seven hour rollback, what is it... arbitrary damage control? You sooo not wanting a wipe is actually a little suspicious! Dont wanna lose those gains you made and somehow didint get caught doing?

Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all) doesnt give me any credit here, but seeing that a wipe is necessary, and mostly extended downtime to actually COMPLETELY fix the game (ah and such) IS nbecessary. I dont want to level my **** rogue to 60 again, but Id rather do that then keep playing it broken.

Lastly, I would hate to have **** people like you playing my game, but hey, thank god Im not in charge right?
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to create a new shard for those who want to start over in a "clean" economy. Founders keep their chars, QQ'ers get their do-over. Everyone's happy.

and zen is reset to accounts of people stupid enough to turn it into diamonds before all of this stuff came out into the open. no one should take a loss on zen bought with real money neither through ****ty conversions or having to abandon the ad on the other server. weeks back i converted most of my zen assuming as the game settled in conversion rates might go down a little and I could have a little bit of extra zen, totally the opposite as it hasn't gone below 400-420 at 'best' for the diamond to zen even after the servers came up. which was expected by anyone with any sense, there's no way everyone lost much with dozens of mule accounts. a new server though, if my zen was restored for as much as i paid for and my old server characters were wiped clean, then I could definitely deal with that it would be the same thing as a wipe for me basically so long as I could spend the zen I paid for again.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    WHY?
    This would have never happened in a REAL MMO beta or not.

ohh so you did not play Diablo 3
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Lol, look at this kid trying to make me feel bad for having a busy job: I play everyday, unfortunetly playing under one hour a night doesnt give much time for progress, does it? Your reaction here indicates what type of person you are, and you sir, are a sad little man. Ive been playing MMOS for years, and through all the bugs and exploits, this must be the worse handling ive ever seen... This rollback is a temporary, no, esthetic solution to a real, present problem. It has been happening for a while, before Sunday, so this seven hour rollback, what is it... arbitrary damage control? You sooo not wanting a wipe is actually a little suspicious! Dont wanna lose those gains you made and somehow didint get caught doing?

Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all) doesnt give me any credit here, but seeing that a wipe is necessary, and mostly extended downtime to actually COMPLETELY fix the game (ah and such) IS nbecessary. I dont want to level my **** rogue to 60 again, but Id rather do that then keep playing it broken.

Lastly, I would hate to have **** people like you playing my game, but hey, thank god Im not in charge right?

Get back to work
    edited May 2013
    Haha, Ill take that as admitance of your stupidity. Have a nice day, I have to go work.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What additional steps are being taken to help bring the economy back to normal? Clearly it's not doing it on its own, with Zen / Ad exchange still over 400 AD to 1 Zen. Right now it costs almost 50k AD for a lockbox key. So for Founders 600k AD thats only 12 keys... not sure that is what was expected.

And the players that used the exploit of knocking the bosses off and farming instances with 1 hit 1 kill? And the boss respawn because being able to reset the boss without having to rerun the entire zone again?

You obviously can't control the market because it is player based afterall, but you CAN control the Zen shop. What consideration has been given to adjusting the Zen Shop to reflect the change in the market due to this, known since beta bug that has ruined the economy at this point?
  • cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry I'm new to this problem u had pass few days because I was not so active on forum and in game ,got a lot of work irl.
    But what I read till this point bunch of people spamming lot of funny things ,angry or ignorant accusing devs and PW of some kind of fraud, not being responsible and fair to the customers and I really don't know what the hell are they talking about...
    I mean how can you accuse someone being greedy when they made u a FREE TO PLAY game ?
    They jumped from their own pocket for missing this crucial error in debugging the code for Auction House and hurt them much more then anyone else ...it's in their interest to have a solid economy so they can profit from it ....and Yes ofc they wana profit from the project they made with passion so people around the globe can play D'n'D saga online with their friends and make a new ones via guilds etc.
    Can't change the world I know but I wish more people would appreciate some ones hard work to provide them fun ....
    Yes games is all about fun ...who would say ....
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A robust package? It is actually another piece of garbage. A robust package would include a bag of holding or adventurer knapsack. THE AUCTION HOUSE IS STILL DOWN AND I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE FOR PURPLE STUFF. Now there are tons of people spamming as well. This game is becoming a waste of time simply because this bug could have been prevented by including the fix from STO. This bug occurred some time ago in STO and was repaired. Get your act together programmers and stop being lazy. The economy is still messed up because the rollback was not far enough either. A wipe with full refund of Zen would have been better. The company would not have lost money because everything the Zen was spent on would have been deleted.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • silvriquesilvrique Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really miss the auction house. When will this be back? My inventory and bank is full of stuff to sell and I am out of space! I already spent a ton of zen on new bags and bank slots because of this!
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silvrique wrote: »
    I really miss the auction house. When will this be back? My inventory and bank is full of stuff to sell and I am out of space! I already spent a ton of zen on new bags and bank slots because of this!

The snark side of me wants to say, "You just answered your own question... you spent a ton of zen on new bags/bank slots."

But the realist in me says, "I'm sure they're working on it and will tell us more soon."

It would be nice to have an update and ETA on the auction house, though... I, too, am running out of space and unwilling to sell at a loss to the merchants. On the other hand, I'm not willing to sink more into bank and bag slots.

I'm probably going to stop playing until it's back online.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all)

Never known anyone who bragged about their income on the internet to be actually telling the truth.

In any case a 6 figure salary WILL BE chump change to some people here, so should that mean their views are automatically superior to yours?
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm.... PW / Cryptic...

Can you explain this ?

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/
  • deathgod8671deathgod8671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys dont know if this is the correct thread to ask this but im a little bit confused abt the combat and needed some help. How and more importantly where do i buy armor and weapons? I found some weapons that are not for my class,what do i do with them? Also,how can i buy a horse??
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The funny part is that many of these exploits were caught in closed beta, but the devs are only fixing them after they "go public." It seems like, no matter how many times you report an exploit to the developers, as long as you don't literally announce that exploit to the entire world, they let it continue.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • imhereforuimhereforu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing to see here
  • bullfrogbullfrog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will happen to mails what disappeared from mailbox, but sent/recieved before the wipe?
  • valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i know that, i'm still a Time Lord. After 4 unreaded tickets and 2 posts on forum, can i have any solution for this? These are 2 empty mails, wich went back in time and i lost with high ammount of AD.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5292&stc=1&d=1369308825
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • m0shulm0shul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is dead in 2 weeks
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    m0shul wrote: »
    This game is dead in 2 weeks

na lets say 4 weeks until server merge ( thats the time you know its dying ) and other 4 weeks ( cash cowing ) until they bring the server down. maybe without any announcement. i would enjoy it so much !
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Honestly... I'm not opposed to a full server wipe of all items, money and AD. Refund Zen, let us save our actual character levels and profession levels but wipe everything else.

If you do that, that eliminates ALL exploit gotten loot but allows all of your hard work on your character to stay.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    Honestly... I'm not opposed to a full server wipe of all items, money and AD. Refund Zen, let us save our actual character levels and profession levels but wipe everything else.

If you do that, that eliminates ALL exploit gotten loot but allows all of your hard work on your character to stay.

Decent idea, pretty much what I have suggested before. It keep almost all of the progress for casuals whereas more serious players can easily get the good gear again relatively fast.
  • gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Umm.... PW / Cryptic...

Can you explain this ?

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/

Has this been addressed?
  • milodinosaurausmilodinosauraus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, apparently after the AH went up my 2 surgeon's band went missing. I found them before the exploit and happened to sold them during the exploit. Now those 2 items are gone. Can I have it back? ):
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi, apparently after the AH went up my 2 surgeon's band went missing. I found them before the exploit and happened to sold them during the exploit. Now those 2 items are gone. Can I have it back? ):

Making a ticket about your issue has a slightly better chance of succeeding then randomly asking about them in a thread about the AH.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • polkmnbvcxz7polkmnbvcxz7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for someone just about to start WOO glad i hadnt joined before the exploit had went down with the reroll, and woo bug fixes making a game im starting even better before i start!
  • nilzone77nilzone77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NM misunderstood
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    for someone just about to start WOO glad i hadnt joined before the exploit had went down with the reroll, and woo bug fixes making a game im starting even better before i start!

They didn't really fix much. Enjoy the hilariously overtuned Temple of the Spider though!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    alaazxxc wrote: »
    you are making wayyyyyy too much drama out of this if you dont want to play thats fine but STOP whining on the forms in such a childish way like " why we should trust you again" come on man its not your gf you are talking to here it is just a video game

There was nothing "childish" about that post you quoted. The only childish post here, is yours, which was entirely driven by taking solid criticism personally, because fanboy. This is a BUSINESS, if you don't think customer trust is a major factor in an industry glutted with alternatives, than you're the child. Or a very naive adult.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
This discussion has been closed.