test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New **Raid** Zone Gauntlgrym sounds terrible

Comments

• kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Well they stole cool ideas from other games to implement a **** version of it in their game.

For Example the Spellplague endfight is a watered down version of the Rift Raid-Endboss in the Water Dungeon (forgot the name).
    Gauntlrgrym stuff looks like a cheap version of darkness falls (daoc pvp dungeon with accsess only to the realm who have most castles in pvp)
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also: for those complaining the PVP part directly decides the final part (t2 or t1 gear) you didn't listen closely enough to the video it said the team with highest overall score which means phase 1 combined with phase 2.

I am excited to play with this it looks great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I thought it would be t1 and t2 raid equivilant loot, dunno maybe I am mistaken. What needs to be clarified here though is how many players can you queue up together and if you get to stage 3 how difficult is it infact going to be. If it is really difficult (hopefully not just endless add swarns that needs to be knocked off) I guess the usefulness of a guild finally comes into play, if not well then I think the model seems kinda iffy.
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this only seems interesting if you're in a guild with group of people you like play daily with.should be fun for some and others will most likely ignore it.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a PvP guy... but i sure am a lover of strategy, 20 player's teams can get a lot of those to the point of making this content awesome... i will now do something i didnt care before... look for a good guild for my 13k GF and 10k TR and spend a few bucks improving them... Heck, i will try to get also a DC and CW to 60 in those 2 weeks...
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zarchos wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? So this new raid zone will only give us tier 2 loot? Is this loot different from the existing loot that's available right now?

And to top it off- we can only get to the T2 level if we beat an existing team? What about people that have absolutely NO interest in PVP? This is a forced PVP on people, I don't like the system at all.

You know what's terrible, a player (like you) that wants to play a game like all others. If you do not want to be "forced" into pvp, then F'ing quit the game. Most likely you don't know your class outside of hitting normal mobs, with no special skills, and who are predictable. PVP is different, its fresh, and it is ALWAYS different every match. Go QQ somewhere else... or .. QUIT THE GAME.. no one is forcing you at all to even be here.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also: for those complaining the PVP part directly decides the final part (t2 or t1 gear) you didn't listen closely enough to the video it said the team with highest overall score which means phase 1 combined with phase 2.

I am excited to play with this it looks great

You are correct, people can't read. You have a choice to go in there and just bust all out with pve skills and destroy phase one. YOu could then just half ***/try a little at pvp, still loose and get the dungeon access you need.
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Preferring PvP over PvP and having a sub-50ms connection to the servers doesn't make you a "better player". This is a gear-based game, so "skill" is really a minor aspect. The skill aspect is further diminished by how little time it takes to kill someone. What matters is gear and who gets the jump.

I don't grind dungeons for 8+ hours a day, because that's as little fun as the "booom, dead in 2 seconds" kind of PvP we currently have. However, I don't have a problem dropping down a few hundred bucks and buying the gear I want, though, if we really have to do PvP in order to do new PvE content. That will make me a "better player", no doubt. :p

WOW, skill less important than gear? I beg to differ. Skill allows you to understand your spec, know how to play, what abilities to use... how does that even compare to having perfect gear? I have seen people who bought all their gear off the AH with AD from zen.. and those people suck. I will take a skilled person over a geared one anyday.

Such an idiot.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The promotional video on Youtube, posted by PWE, says that Phase 3 rewards players with "Tier 2 equipment" (1:50 in the YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-CV3F-lA7lU). The side that loses Phase 2, will be able to get only Tier 1 equipment.

Is the phase thing for pvp? If so, I can see why you can only get lower rewards then if you do a dungeon and get tokens. As stated, the tokens are epic so they are more than likely a higher teir of gear then t2.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaator wrote: »
    read this post, read the replies,... all i read was:

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yep QQ because Raiders don't receive gear that is head and shoulders better than anything else in the game. This isn't a Raid game it never was,and actually they are **** lucky to be getting that.

Personally I'm pissed because they gave Gauntlgrym to the raiders when it would have made an epic storyline dungeon, but you don't see me whining about it on the forums.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This isn't a Raid game it never was...

I honestly don't know what kind of game Neverwinter is trying to be. It seems to be trying for a little bit of everything. It certainly isn't a PvP game. It doesn't have real raiding, so it isnt really a PvE game. It's more of a hybrid, and this new zone kinda reinforces that. I think anyone looking for either a pure PvP or pure PvE experience would be better served in other games.
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    I think the reason people are somewhat annoyed comes in three forms:

1) PVE phase gives a bonus for PVP phase, but PVP phase winner alone determines which side gets access to the end-game. Unless the PVE phase bonus is massive the PVP types will get a free pass to the end-game.
    2) Tier 2 loot is not very exciting for people who already have full suits of Tier 2 loot, Tier 1 loot sounds downright insulting for 'endgame'.
    3) Gauntlgrym is only accessible at certain times of the day (the event schedule included it on the first couple days of Open Beta) and represents a significant time investment
    You're also forgetting the complete imbalances between classes especially in PvP and we still don't even know what balances they even plan on making, if they do it wrong people will just want to stack x class then people not playing any of the dominant classes are left out.
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what kind of game Neverwinter is trying to be. It seems to be trying for a little bit of everything. It certainly isn't a PvP game. It doesn't have real raiding, so it isnt really a PvE game. It's more of a hybrid, and this new zone kinda reinforces that. I think anyone looking for either a pure PvP or pure PvE experience would be better served in other games.

Good point..they do need more focus I agree, I think they want neverwinter to be like STO a story based game, that offers the mini games of PVP and Raiding and you can have a PVE game without Raiding, despite my not liking the TESO beta I can say that they did pull that off phenomenally.

The down side with them being as fuzzy on finding their voice is they really aren't pleasing anyone, they should play to their strength Module based game play, that takes us on a Journey in true D&D fashion...they can never please the Raiders or PVPers ..so they should just stop trying to.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Good point..they do need more focus I agree, I think they want neverwinter to be like STO a story based game, that offers the mini games of PVP and Raiding and you can have a PVE game without Raiding, despite my not liking the TESO beta I can say that they did pull that off phenomenally.

The down side with them being as fuzzy on finding their voice is they really aren't pleasing anyone, they should play to their strength Module based game play, that take us on a Journey in true D&D fashion...they can never please the Raiders and PVPers ..so they should just stop trying to.

Which is the crux of the argument around gauntlegrym xD No one likes the messy lack of direction and please everyone while annoying everyone approach xD but It's not doom and anger or hair pulling, it's more that it's kinda funny.
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    I heard no mention of a new PvE zone in the Gauntlgrym video. Kinda sad if there isn't because then the only place to grind 60 mobs @ Live Release will be a small teeny tiny sliver of Whispering Caverns...wheeeee!!!
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The concept seems fairly similar to Wintergrasp in WoW. While WG certainly had balance issues at the beginning, it was immensely popular with both the pvp and pve crowds. I really enjoyed WG, so I hope to enjoy this as well.
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure they were patting themselves on the back at the moment of its conception. "What a great idea! We'll kill two birds with one stone! Why work on two things when we can just work on one and funnel everyone into it? That'll go over well!" Then they announce it and everyone on the forums universally craps all over it.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    Will be so much AoE spam from CW, Rogues will have no way to get close
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All i've been hearing is "give us more content, no not that content Q.Q whine whine"
    Stfu and dont play it if you don't want to. end of story.
    21.jpg
    edited June 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    The concept seems fairly similar to Wintergrasp in WoW. While WG certainly had balance issues at the beginning, it was immensely popular with both the pvp and pve crowds. I really enjoyed WG, so I hope to enjoy this as well.

As a Wintergrasp veteran myself, I must say Gaunt is nothing like it. The PvE raid in Wintergrasp became available to your faction for a couple hours after a victory, but you didn't have to participate in the battle itself to get in. Your side just had to win. So the PvE'ers avoided the PvP battle and just waited for their faction to win. In Gaunt, there is no waiting. The PvE battle morphs into a PvP battle and then morphs back into a PvE battle. There's no skipping the portion(s) you don't like. It would probably go over better if it was more akin to Wintergrasp.
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Warhammer Online did the PvE/PvP thing. This could turn out well.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All i've been hearing is "give us more content, no not that content Q.Q whine whine"
    Stfu and dont play it if you don't want to. end of story.

+1

/10char
  • viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seriously Looks AMAZING
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
    edited June 2013
    c45hcr0p wrote: »
    Warhammer Online did the PvE/PvP thing. This could turn out well.

The three people still playing Warhammer Online might disagree.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't mess with my toot toot.

/thread

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is in your cupboard... eating your cookies.
    edited June 2013
    The three people still playing Warhammer Online might disagree.

Lies! I'll have you know there are eight people playing warhammer online.

Seriously though just because the execution sucked doesn't mean the idea is bad..I think what a lot of people are fearful of is this will be "the " (as in only) model for end game and I don't think that will happen.\
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Don't mess with my toot toot.

Noooo please you will make me remember that horrible night of Karaoke in Osaka.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I'm not liking this new "raid" zone. That is my opinion. If YOU do not like my opinion then too bad so sad.

Why don't I like it? It's PvP gated PvE content. Anyone who has played MMO's before knows full well the vast majority of MMO players are PvE'rs and do not partake in PvP. If this game advertised itself as a PvP-centrific MMO I would not have come here. I play GW2 and WWIIol for my PvP fix... those MMO's have FAR better PvP than this game will ever have.

PvE, based upon 4th Ed. D&D, is what Neverwinter advertised itself as not as an AQ-era WoW where PvE was gated behind other game content.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As a Wintergrasp veteran myself, I must say Gaunt is nothing like it. The PvE raid in Wintergrasp became available to your faction for a couple hours after a victory, but you didn't have to participate in the battle itself to get in. Your side just had to win. So the PvE'ers avoided the PvP battle and just waited for their faction to win. In Gaunt, there is no waiting. The PvE battle morphs into a PvP battle and then morphs back into a PvE battle. There's no skipping the portion(s) you don't like. It would probably go over better if it was more akin to Wintergrasp.

There were tons of people standing around right after the battle spamming chat looking for a spot in the raid. At least there was on my server :)
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    250px-Grumpy_Bear.jpg
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have a feeling that, since people are (for the most part) T1 and T2 geared already, Phase 3 will not be happening very often.
    Since some PvP players will probably go as far as completing the PvP-Phase 2 aspect and then /leave their respective groups.

Perhaps I'm wrong but...
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore