test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A token of gratitude from the Neverwinter Team

Comments

• malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The cape looks nice. Hehe.
  • penguinjoepenguinjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the gift PWE.
  • deadstretchdeadstretch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um let's see... lots of dumb in this thread. Where to start...

Cash Shop: How else can they properly test it and flush the system out if it's not live during the betas?

Celestial Coins: S.T.F.U! You can only max out at 7 and even then there are only 3 things you can buy with Celestial Coins! Here's a tip Celestial Coins ARE NOT Ardent Coins!

Reading. It really is a lost art form these days.
  • timmentimmen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic. Lost some nice stuff but its ok.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Celestial Coins: S.T.F.U! You can only max out at 7 and even then there are only 3 things you can buy with Celestial Coins!\.

there are actually 4
    21.jpg
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cash Shop: How else can they properly test it and flush the system out if it's not live during the betas?

They could start by not repeating the mistakes they made in STO a year ago.

That they included a bug that they not only already knew about, but also had a solution for, and knew of its existence in NW in closed Beta makes you almost think they wanted that bug to go live.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • blightwraitheblightwraithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys! Rollback whatever is needed to keep the exploiting and cheating to a minimum. Losing levels shouldn't mean you're not going to enjoy earning them back (it was only 7 hours after all)

By the sounds of things, these sorts of events happening may be weeding out a lot of the players I've already taken the opportunity to ignore in zone chat. This could be considered a win-win situation!
  • johnh317johnh317 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a character roughly 2 weeks ago, i casually played it and it got up to level 15 or so. with the rollback my character got deleted. i didnt make a big fuss about it. i just made a new character. But now i cant get the reward for sticking through this tough time of caterday... is there a chance my character will be restored or my new one can get the gift?
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    You're not entitled to anything except the stuff you got from the founder's pack if you made it after the roll-back.

Kids these days thinks they're entitled to everything and anything... Grow up...

From Wikipedia:

Narcissism

In clinical psychology and psychiatry, an unrealistic, exaggerated, or rigidly held sense of entitlement may be considered a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, seen in those who "because of early frustrations...arrogate to themselves the right to demand lifelong reimbursement from fate."

This is a trait not unique to any one generation.
  • magusryzelmagusryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! That's a nice surprise.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mroerr wrote: »
    Copied from http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471

Really? A silly cape, a broken mask, a healing rock? You guys really spent time coding this stuff instead of fixing the AH or repairing the XF nerf? A great thanks would have been fixing more errors that the game has, not taking the time to design trinkets that bind to characters who, for the most part if they're at all leveled, will never use? And not even for new characters who might be able to get some uses out of them for a few levels. I'm underwhelmed.

With games like this, developers split off into teams, and the team that creates new content (the team that would be in charge of creating this gift) wouldn't be working on fixing the auction house anyway, so calm down. Those who were tasked with fixing the auction house did so diligently, while the content teams made this. You're getting free stuff, chill out.

To the Neverwinter team: thank you.
  • bagpiper619bagpiper619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dargathi wrote: »
    The huge take away for me was the level of communication. Nicely done and very informative all the way through..

Agreed 100% I have played numerous MMO's and never had the luxury of actual communication. Well done Cryptic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tomhic19tomhic19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so just curious in regards to one thing, I see a few people asking for a title and such, I never even thought that up and it would be an alright idea, but eh real question is, with the loss to quite a few people who obtained a mount from the lockboxes what will happen now? I feel that a lvl 2 or 3 mount riding token should of at least been given for this pack to make up to those who lost their mounts and such. I do not require the mount as I have a founders pack and gave my nightmare mount to a friend but I was just thinking of those who spent realy money, got their keys and got lucky on a mount, now they get reimbursed and probably dont get their mounts again. Just seems something is severely lacking from this
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Stupid question... But what the hell do all those things do?
    I know about the Teleport scrolls, but the rest?
  • codenamezeuscodenamezeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude... wow... we're getting an awesome cape :D
  • xymmxymm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want my celestial coins. Pretty sure this stuff was given out just to sell bag/bank space.
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really have bag space for vanity items though...
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xymm wrote: »
    I just want my celestial coins. Pretty sure this stuff was given out just to sell bag/bank space.

Yeah. I like the XP boost for the 3 levels they negated on rollback, but where am I gonna keep the useless stuff in this pack.
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazenby wrote: »
    Yeah. I like the XP boost for the 3 levels they negated on rollback, but where am I gonna keep the useless stuff in this pack.

If it's useless to you, why are you worried about keeping it? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • dustmitedustmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    The bug is/was free publicity. Review webpages will boast how bad they messed up. Thus pushing them to the top of the news. As for people there one remark.

Case in point: this past weekend, the Neverwinter community helped us to identify a major exploit involving the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange, which we promptly addressed through a number of corrective actions, including permanent bans on exploitative accounts and a necessary rollback to the time before the exploit was initiated

This here was from the start. Not the time they rolled back to. They still have the mules from the original people with tons of AD. You will from time to time see these people taking these AD from these mules to new mules in smaller amounts or laundering by buying there own items in the AH. Then posting them for sale on the exchange for Zen. Then take the zen and sell it for cash. They think its a smaller scale, but in time they will see. The issue will loom for a long time. On the plus side these higher rates will cause players to buy there zen from PWE not a 3rd party. nice strategy eh?

As for the cry baby's about getting junk or that its taking space. Delete it or don't accept it.
  • rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    So am I correct in that I cannot use my cape, without it replacing my necklace, effectively gimping me?
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a trait not unique to any one generation.

Sure, there will always be those who feel like they are entitled just because they grew up getting everything they pointed at in real life by their parents or next of kin etc. I might've put it a bit wrong perhaps, but most people get the point, i'm sure.

It's their parents who are at fault in the end though, sadly. Overwhelming their kids with gifts left and right, anything they point their fingers at, never setting any limits and letting their kids do as they please. These kids in most cases developes the personality disorder.

However, this psychological defect isn't something you can get just like that. It's something that manifests itself in kids at an early age due to the reasons i mentioned above.

Spoil your kids too much and you basically screw them over by making them think that they are entitled to everything and anything they point at as they grow up, as well as later in life. Just like some display here on these forums, thinking they are entitled to everything vritual or physical regarding the game and its content.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Accept your money? They gave you an option to spend money prior to the official launch. If you feed them money and buy their product, why shouldn't they accept it?

If you spend money on the game, then that is YOUR CHOICE. Noone's holding a gun to your head saying "Buy ZEN and spend it on the cash shop".

It IS a beta, you just have two choices. Use the cash shop, or don't use it, and wait until it's officially released.

From Wikipedia:

Narcissism

In clinical psychology and psychiatry, an unrealistic, exaggerated, or rigidly held sense of entitlement may be considered a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, seen in those who "because of early frustrations...arrogate to themselves the right to demand lifelong reimbursement from fate."
    That pretty much covers 80% of everyone posting on these forums...

I think you're arguing just for the sake it. There is no logic whatsoever. Have you every seen a car manufacturing company say "Hey here is out latest concept model. You can go ahead and try it for a spin, but you can only use the gas pedal half way down. Or you can buy the car, and be able to use all its features. But hey, remember, this is still a concept car, so we don't guarantee it working properly! But we will happily take your money to make sure we work out all the problems."
    Are you actually listening to yourself? Who the hec would pay money in a game if there was the possibility of a full wipe? Who would pay money in a game if you were told ahead of time that any progress you've made, anything that you might acquire, maybe taken away from you under the banner of 'We're still in Beta'. The ONLY people that are ok with that, are those who didn't spend a penny. And even then, some of those people still feel entitled to their time wasted.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My character was hit hard by the rollback (level 35>25). So thanks for the xp boost!
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, there will always be those who feel like they are entitled just because they grew up getting everything they pointed at in real life by their parents or next of kin etc. I might've put it a bit wrong perhaps, but most people get the point, i'm sure.

It's their parents who are at fault in the end though, sadly. Overwhelming their kids with gifts left and right, anything they point their fingers at, never setting any limits and letting their kids do as they please. These kids in most cases developes the personality disorder.

However, this psychological defect isn't something you can get just like that. It's something that manifests itself in kids at an early age due to the reasons i mentioned above.

Spoil your kids too much and you basically screw them over by making them think that they are entitled to everything and anything they point at as they grow up, as well as later in life. Just like some display here on these forums, thinking they are entitled to everything vritual or physical regarding the game and its content.

While I don't disagree with your evaluation of today's generation, I think you are WAY off on labeling those who are complaining about the situation as belonging to such a generation. Assuming that everyone who is happy with how things were handled are nothing but a bunch of spoiled kids is utterly arrogant and disrespectful.
    I am one of those who are not appreciative of the situation. I am not going to jump off a building, threaten to leave, etc...but hec, I think the money I spent so far in the game totally gives me the right to speak my mind and criticize even. I don't know why some of you are acting like Cryptic is doing us a favor. It's the other way around. We are doing THEM a favor by financially supporting them, and being patient with the early stage of a game launch. But everything has a limit, and in my world, the consumer is always right.
    I teach my kids to be respectful of others and well mannered, but I also make sure they understand how to know when they are being taken advantage of.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    the thing is the characters i made over the weekend are gone because of the roll back... these should be account bound and given to every character made on the account.
  • heavyheddlelulzheavyheddlelulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I' d rather you give back the 6 levels of experience i lost because someone else exploited the AH. i dont even use it and my character was reset. i lost about 5 hours of game play and had to be shut out by the huge amount of maintenance you have had to do. thi all puts a really bad taste in my mouth for your product. dont think ill be spending anymore cash
  • manuelito75manuelito75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Dude. You can call it Black and White Beta. But when a company accepts $70 from me, I in turn expect delivery. If it was truly Beta, they wouldn't have taken money from people. it's the reason they are giving out free stuff. It's definitely not for the benefit of the free loaders, but actually those that supported the game financially. Thanks for trolling anyways.

Amen to this.
    I respect everybody's opinion, so please respect mine. I lost 5 levels and got back to 55lvl, I lost some deals on the AH, not to mention all the loot/gold I got in the gameplay, and yes, I am one of those who spent 60$ for the founder edition. I know things like exploits happen, but if you send me something as a gift to compensate the burden created (and let's be honest, they know people invested money in this game, else they would not feel guilty and give presents, right? they could just have said "**** happens") I expect to find inside something useful/interesting/playable, especially in a game where you can really spend money to have consistent gameplay advantages.
    The idea of compensating players was well thought, the result was weak. Maybe if you were lvl60 and all of a sudden found yourself lvl55 again, you would agree with me.
    Anyway, I guess we just need to vent and accept the silly gift. I honestly would have rather received nothing instead. The apologies of the House were more than enough. The gift pack just sounded like a joke.
    just my 2 cents
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Hah hah hah, I can't believe they're calling it the Caterday pack. That's great. The cape is hilarious too.

Anyways I have to say thanks, I hadn't done anything but work on my Foundry mission, which was obviously totally unaffected, and I was at work for the larger portion of the time affected by the rollback anyways.

So, free stuff? Heck yeah. The teleport scrolls are awfully convenient and the stone is nothing to scoff at.

Thanks.
  • cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty damm pathetic to be honest. Totally worthless. SHould have been a token to grant 7 celestial coins to make up for the ones we lost. A couple of keys and better XP boosts to make up for lost time.

This is so pathetic is practially an insult.

Cant even send the Xp booster to alts.....despite it being account bound....fail.