test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A token of gratitude from the Neverwinter Team

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
We'd like to thank you with this token of our gratitude: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• phloxr5aphloxr5a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys. Left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Hopefully this eases some of the tension.

The scrolls and XP boost will come in very handy, so more people can help test out the higher level stuff in the Open Beta sooner :)
  • yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Appreciate the gesture :)
  • mroerrmroerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Copied from http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471

Really? A silly cape, a broken mask, a healing rock? You guys really spent time coding this stuff instead of fixing the AH or repairing the XF nerf? A great thanks would have been fixing more errors that the game has, not taking the time to design trinkets that bind to characters who, for the most part if they're at all leveled, will never use? And not even for new characters who might be able to get some uses out of them for a few levels. I'm underwhelmed.
  • stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Did I miss the title we were supposed to get?
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • obekkwaeobekkwae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my founders pack today, remade my toon as a Drow and now i find out that makes me ineligible for this reward pack. Disappointing to say the least. All because i supported the game too. lol. Guess i shouldn't be surprised - it is Cryptic after all.
  • keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah well, there goes the hopes of something functional like a bag or cat :) I'm a bit disappointed there was nothing given for the loss of celestial coins or astral diamonds. I only lost 8 coins between my characters, but my wife lost 19 - and she'd gotten the blue ward from one of the 7s she cashed out Sunday, so that's a bit rough.

The title is probably the thing I'd be most interested in from the fluffier options, since it's a permanent memento _and doesn't eat up inventory space forever_, like many of the other items.
  • zbluggzblugg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still better than anything Blizzard's ever done when servers went coo-coo. And still a better love story than Twilight.

I appreciate the gesture. Better than getting nothing.
    21.jpg
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some pretty cool stuff in there, thanks. :)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't expecting much, but I think what we are getting is pretty cool to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeeolagaeeolag Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like previous users have posted I would much rather have a bag that holds enchants. Right now it is taking up almost 2 spaces in my bags plus my bank since I cant even sell the blues I have on the AH.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't expecting much, but I think what we are getting is more garbage to throw away.

Fixed it for ya
    21.jpg
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.... they give you free stuff in a free game and you are still unhappy. I really worry about what kind of parenting is going on in the world today....
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Wow.... they give you free stuff in a free game and you are still unhappy. I really worry about what kind of parenting is going on in the world today....

I didn't say I was unhappy, Just merely pointing out that they are just handing us a bunch of garbage.
    21.jpg
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't say I was unhappy, Just merely pointing out that they are just handing us a bunch of garbage.

You are sharing your opinion. That is fine. I don't feel the options are garbage. You opinion differs from mine. Neither of us are wrong.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    obekkwae wrote: »
    I got my founders pack today, remade my toon as a Drow and now i find out that makes me ineligible for this reward pack. Disappointing to say the least.

Your drow didn't suffer any downtime, and therefore did not lose anything to the rollback.

It's a token of appreciation guys, what did you actually think we were going to get? At least the devs have a sense of humor about all of this.
    edited May 2013
    Fixed it for ya

So throw it away and shut up if you don't like it. Some of us are more grateful than whiny little self entitled children.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    You are sharing your opinion. That is fine. I don't feel the options are garbage. You opinion differs from mine. Neither of us are wrong.

You Sir get
    /salute
    /respect
    21.jpg
  • twitch0420twitch0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think under the conditions they did an excellent job with listening and fixing the problem as quickly as they could with as little impact on the players as possible. Ya people lost some coins and some AD/XP with the roll back and I can understand people being upset about it but it is an Open Beta still. I have played MMO's for years and Cryptic I'll take everytime over Blizzard. Blizzard would have just shut the servers down and said deal with it and not gave anyone a single thing. As for the pack we'll get for the down time it's all good to me and at least we are getting something that's much more than money hungry Blizzard would have ever done. Thanks Cryptic keep up the good work props all the way around!!!!!
  • dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The huge take away for me was the level of communication. Nicely done and very informative all the way through..
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mroerr wrote: »
    Copied from http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471

Really? A silly cape, a broken mask, a healing rock? You guys really spent time coding this stuff instead of fixing the AH or repairing the XF nerf? A great thanks would have been fixing more errors that the game has, not taking the time to design trinkets that bind to characters who, for the most part if they're at all leveled, will never use? And not even for new characters who might be able to get some uses out of them for a few levels. I'm underwhelmed.

Or maybe the items were made by people whose jobs don't include fixing such things. Like I doubt the designer would made the cat logo for the cape would be much help fixing the AH.
  • xahfarxahfar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Much appreciated guys, glad to see you folks weathered the storm and are working to provide us players a strong base to help build the game up from.
    edited May 2013
    And you sir/madam (not really sure as your name and signature are rather conflicting) need to be slapped a few more times.

And you need brought down to reality. It's free, they did not have to give anything, and you complain that it's garbage. Honestly, even if I thought it was garbage, I wouldn't have posted about it, it just comes over as being a spoiled child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    And you sir/madam (not really sure as your name and signature are rather conflicting) need to be slapped a few more times.

And may I suggest we just agree to disagree and walk away from this before it turns into a flame fest on what should be a positive thread? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obekkwaeobekkwae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your drow didn't suffer any downtime, and therefore did not lose anything to the rollback.

It's a token of appreciation guys, what did you actually think we were going to get? At least the devs have a sense of humor about all of this.

I did though - i lost a day of play time and in spite of the debacle on the weekend i opted to support the game, yet because of that i miss out on the title and goodies even though i was there for it all. All because they opted to do it at the character level not the account level.

Like i said, disappointing but not unexpected. It is Cryptic after all.
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the gifts! Ignore the spoiled brats!
  • vulpanguevulpangue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are people whose sole reason for posting is in order to whine, complain and then whine some more. Seriously, everyone got not one, but a whole package of gifts. Just say thank you and kindly leave them alone with your insatiable demands.

So, thank you. Really, even if it might not look that way, most of us appreciate your effort.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't be catty!
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited May 2013
    Get it? Catty?
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Get it? Catty?

=^.^= ... unfortunately I hate cats...
    21.jpg
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its funny! Glad to see the Devs having a sense of humor rather then sulking. The fact we get something for an error on another's part is fine with me!

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"