test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A token of gratitude from the Neverwinter Team

Comments

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you to everyone involved in getting this done. And thank you for the gifts. I wan't expecting anything so this is a great sight.
    You guys are doing a great job. Things happen. Things get missed. Things get fixed.
    Thanks again for a great game! I love it!
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just happy they were nice enough to give anything at all to the players as a thank-you. Would I have /liked/ to have seen other items or something like a respec token or the like? Yes. But I'm happy with the gift as it is.

I think if they had added 1 key to every pack, they'd have perhaps gained more sales of keys in the future. I swear, opening lockboxes is stupidly addictive. Once you open one, you want to open them ALL. Every time they drop. Before opening one, there was no feeling of ooh or aah...but after 1? It's over. At least for people like me. I've already begun to set money aside just for Zen for keys. Hehe.
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for that and all but I'd rather just have the AH back, just saying.
  • kaldana420kaldana420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kadirra wrote: »
    I'm just happy they were nice enough to give anything at all to the players as a thank-you. Would I have /liked/ to have seen other items or something like a respec token or the like? Yes. But I'm happy with the gift as it is.

and name one other game that would do that in an OPEN BETA. If you still play in 5 years there is gonna be some **** wondering where you got that cape, mad cause he can't get one. Thanks guys. I absolutely hate MMORPGs for the most part. This game is not like others and I enjoy playing. Love it.
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Love the cape! I must say that the amusement I got from the Caterday Survivor Pack outweighs the irritation I suffered due to the rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the FREE gifts. also other than the cape im sure the stuff wasn't coded with this in mind most of it is from the booster packs you can buy for zen. Im sorry to people who feel this gift was not free enough. though I do agree would be really cool if fashion outfits had a cape slot or the ability to "show cape" since most the fashion outfits have no neck slot item.

I do actually agree on the addictingness of keys its nice you can make a profit on them here unlike in CO even if your not lucky. though if they did include key(s) they'd have been flamed 100x worse as some people just hate boxes existing.
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    2xAdventurer's XP Booster:4000 xp bonus earned at 25%
    Dvarven Facemask: A Fashion Hat.
    Stone of Health: Insta heal. 50 charges.
    Cape of Catastrophe: A cape, with cat on it....
    5x Teleport Scrolls to Protector's Enclave.
    Caturday Survivor title.

Thanks, kinda surprised that this wasn't explained in the opening post.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could start by not repeating the mistakes they made in STO a year ago.

That they included a bug that they not only already knew about, but also had a solution for, and knew of its existence in NW in closed Beta makes you almost think they wanted that bug to go live.

All The Best

I pointed this out in the original post about the gratitude, but the price of Zen went up around 50 AD per Zen coin in the Exchange, since a week ago, meaning more people who want or "need" ADs and have real cash to spend, will buy up Zen to sell it at an inflated price.

Seeing as they knew of this bug since STO, had a solution for it (since STO), were warned about it (in STO and during the closed beta of NW), but did nothing, til it was blatantly exploited (again, mind you...) by the masses, only brings to question whether or not they wanted inflate the prices of Zen to begin with.

In the "real world" a bank or individual that tried to do something like this would be arrested, as this is basically shoe leather inflation and a Ponzi scheme.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. Thank you for paying attention in your Economics class. ;)
  • obekkwaeobekkwae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, i am going to provide an update and give credit where it's due. I just checked my mail on my Drow (whom is my only character) and noticed i have a Caturday mail and pack. Totally unexpected and a nice gesture from whomever at PWE/Cryptic did this behind the scenes manually for me. Thank you.
  • leonfleonf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ilmenur wrote: »
    8k experience for 7 hours of lost progression on a hard to play solo character? No more Neverwinter Online for me till my faith has been restored.

Pointing out a big note here... this is BETA. Not full release, not the whole shebang, just a basic of what the final project will be, being a Beta it has bugs that need to be fixed, and to fix a major issue they had to roll back the servers... In doing so they gave items bound to the account and not just the characters you claim them on. Blizzard takes forever to fix known bugs and they also have never given anything for such a delay or downtime.

I really enjoy the fact I got some random stuff that honestly, looks kinda funny and I will be happy to parade around in when new players come, tell them tales of people who try to cheat everyone and gain from bugs like that. Those kind of people are the kind you meet in real life, always skimming by, and probably b*tch and moan when they don't get sour cream on their tacos.

Cry me a river children, cause I have a boat of entertainment, and it's name is Neverwinter!
  • covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We'd like to thank you with this token of our gratitude: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471

Adamant player of Cryptic games here, and I have to say I didn't have any doubt that the exploit issue would be handled appropriately and asap. In my experience Cryptic has always been good with player concerns and support. I've been a long time player of both Star Trek Online and Champions Online (no longer owned by cryptic:( ), 2 other great cryptic games. Started playin Neverwinter Online about 3 weeks ago and for a Beta game it already has a lot to offer and a style all it's own. Tyvm Cryptic for recognizing your players and their concerns and doing the best u can to make it up to your players when something displeasing or disruptive to the fairness and enjoyment of the game occurs. The reconciliation pack given out in this case is more and better then most other mmo games would give to their devoted players, if they'd give anything at all. Keep up the great work and ignore the naysayers and prophets of doom and whinnies. Kudos. :):p
    edited May 2013
    Tisk, Tisk, to all the people who still have nothing better to do then complain and whine. Seriously, so sad. Like they say, "you can't please all the people all the time!" You should be happy you got anything. Cryptic didn't have 2 give out ANY form of compensation, a lot of mmo's wouldn't of give more then an apology if that. Get over it and enjoy the game or play something else it's that simple.:rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    leonf wrote: »
    Pointing out a big note here... this is BETA. Not full release, not the whole shebang, just a basic of what the final project will be, being a Beta it has bugs that need to be fixed, and to fix a major issue they had to roll back the servers... In doing so they gave items bound to the account and not just the characters you claim them on. Blizzard takes forever to fix known bugs and they also have never given anything for such a delay or downtime.
    I really enjoy the fact I got some random stuff that honestly, Cry me a river children, cause I have a boat of entertainment, and it's name is Neverwinter!

BIG QUOTE, Sorry for the quote but it's a very valid and well put statement! Kudos.:p
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes up for all the recent problems in the game! A mask, a cape, and some scrolls a stone and something else! Yay!

Honestly, it's interesting, but it should be useable for all levels. I'm not sure if it scales to level or not, but it should be as good as gear you're wearing when you get it. This has been a -very- rough Open Beta thus far, and it isn't looking great for their future. I guess we'll see, but I really hope more comes for the game like more PvP and more variety of things to do
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    This makes up for all the recent problems in the game! A mask, a cape, and some scrolls a stone and something else! Yay!

Honestly, it's interesting, but it should be useable for all levels. I'm not sure if it scales to level or not, but it should be as good as gear you're wearing when you get it. This has been a -very- rough Open Beta thus far, and it isn't looking great for their future. I guess we'll see, but I really hope more comes for the game like more PvP and more variety of things to do

It scales perfectly... no stats when you first get them and no stats as you level up. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    It scales perfectly... no stats when you first get them and no stats as you level up. ;)

Oh so what you're saying is it's completely useless? Even better. Should have been style items.

That reminds me, Style Items suck. I should be able to wear a Style hat without requiring to get style legs or shirt...
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • jishinkaminarijishinkaminari Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Oh so what you're saying is it's completely useless? Even better. Should have been style items.

That reminds me, Style Items suck. I should be able to wear a Style hat without requiring to get style legs or shirt...

Better yet, any equipment should be usable in the style section including chest, legs, arms, head, cape...
    edited May 2013
    Better yet, any equipment should be usable in the style section including chest, legs, arms, head, cape...

And if you only want to weild 1 piece you shouldn't be required to wear ALL of the Style items..
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Classic case of being damned whichever way you turn. The best (imo) option would have been to lock down the servers, if necessary for even a week, and root through the logs so that the innocent lost nothing and the guilty were caught and suitably dealt with. However had that option been exercised the forums would have needed to be locked down as well or else the pages would scroll with complaints about lost playing time and how people took a weeks vacation to play and now lost that and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the gesture, hopefully lessons have been learned to limit similar issues rearing their ugly heads down the line.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its wednesday .... stop arguing and get on with it.
    The game isnt about "getting stuff". ... i lost 3 levels and some other progression and my gf had to create her character completely from scratch after powerlevelling her cleric 8 levels... sure it sucked... and we were whining and yelling like everyone else. but its been 4 days now... move on... the game isnt broken, its still fun and it will only get better.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dustmite wrote: »
    This here was from the start. Not the time they rolled back to. They still have the mules from the original people with tons of AD. You will from time to time see these people taking these AD from these mules to new mules in smaller amounts or laundering by buying there own items in the AH. Then posting them for sale on the exchange for Zen. Then take the zen and sell it for cash. They think its a smaller scale, but in time they will see. The issue will loom for a long time. On the plus side these higher rates will cause players to buy there zen from PWE not a 3rd party. nice strategy eh?
    I keep seeing these assumptions, and I keep seeing no proof. Some less nice devs/moderators on other gaming forums (Bethesda or Bioware) regularly hand out permanent forum bans for less than this. In real world, they call it libel, but it's nice that we're on an online forum with understanding moderators, eh?
  • marzipanikmarzipanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loved the items. It really gave an upside to a sad day for many. KITTY POWA!
    RookBannerFinal_zpsc8b09fb3.png
  • tunicadartostunicadartos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes, of course. Let's all complain about the FREE gift we are getting from a FREE game that we didn't in any way shape or form have to pay money for. Seriously, I've seen many pay to play games in their full release version that people have spent a ton of cash on have more and worse problems.

I mean, if you got a free sandwich, would you complain to the person who gave it to you that it didn't have quite enough lettuce?

I for one find this to be an excellent, and enjoyable game. I find the problems that it is experiencing minor in relation to the overall gameplay. I find its help staff more patient and amicable than is the norm. And I find that they are offering a gift at all a rather overwhelming symbol of that amicable nature. Do any of you remember the problems that Guild Wars 2 had? It's auction house was up and down more than a prostitute's skirt. They didn't make any apologies or give any gifts for it. And every body paid for that game, and it was post beta. Now this happens a few times on a free game's beta run, and every body is going to whine? Seriously, re-examine what you are complaining about.
  • zygronzygron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    What a load of Shtaco. I deleted the email on one account and discarded the rest of my lvl 60. Really? First u charged me $20 for a paltry 12 slot bag, then u had an already bogus economy tank, and now u throw me some Shtaco that would have temp value at best and inventory space wasting. Sorry, Thanks but No thanks, go spit in someone else's face.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have published a Foundry mission to commemorate the economic catastrophe. You'll find the short-code in my sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • udinbak777udinbak777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have only one suggestion... for now at least :P ... The caturday cloaks, in fact any similar commemorative items you issue in future, could they, maybe, just maybe, have some purpose other than an obscure bragging-right? If you put the date into the description, for example, it would make slightly more sense as a commemorative item. You could even give it level dependent stats that are only active on that day/weekend each year. Like extra gold/experience/run speed/whatever. Something to make it worth people wearing/keeping. It would also be nice if it was account bound not character bound, that way we could wear it on the character we happen to be playing that day and, and this is the important part, keep it safe on an alt or in the mail so it doesn't just sit there taking up a precious inventory slot, screaming "discard me I'm pointless".
    Anyway, just a suggestion :)
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was really pleasantly surprised when I found out about this pack. I expected nothing and this would be more than enough compensation, IF you had done the items right. The mask is nice, but the only way to wear it is by switching to your costume gear, which wouldn't be so bad if 90% of the players weren't all wearing peasant garb.

Also the awesome cape, doesn't have stats. Fair enough. But I also can't reskin my other gear with it. So its just another costume piece, but I can't wear it with my other costume pieces.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    udinbak777 wrote: »
    I have only one suggestion... for now at least :P ... The caturday cloaks, in fact any similar commemorative items you issue in future, could they, maybe, just maybe, have some purpose other than an obscure bragging-right? If you put the date into the description, for example, it would make slightly more sense as a commemorative item. You could even give it level dependent stats that are only active on that day/weekend each year. Like extra gold/experience/run speed/whatever. Something to make it worth people wearing/keeping. It would also be nice if it was account bound not character bound, that way we could wear it on the character we happen to be playing that day and, and this is the important part, keep it safe on an alt or in the mail so it doesn't just sit there taking up a precious inventory slot, screaming "discard me I'm pointless".
    Anyway, just a suggestion :)

You get the package mailed to all of your alts.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, worst ever economy screw up AND compensation...

Most exploiters are still out there and the economy is as bad as it was, new bugs/hax in PvP and ive heard PvE T2 farming was as EZ as 123...

You guys could have come up with something better than junk I will just end up trashing anyway...