test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A token of gratitude from the Neverwinter Team

12346»

Comments

• kharpo7kharpo7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the large list of self-entitled spoiled whiners "WHO SAID YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING?" PW nor NW owe A THING! Not one thing. They have done as best they could to remedy a situation that was adversely affecting the community. They went even further to offer some gifts as compensation for lost progress and time. It does not cost one dime to play this game. There are NO subscription fees. So any downtime is not taking away from money REQUIRED to play this game. But still PW gave players a gift. You can be whiny and ungrateful and demand more. There are always some that will NEVER be happy. I'm glad I don't know any of you in real life. I can't stand people that think they should be given everything (I'm betting you played Alliance in WOW). If you don't like the game LEAVE. Stop bashing the devs, company, community and game. Leave or shut up or accept what you're given.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    leonf wrote: »
    Pointing out a big note here... this is BETA. Not full release, not the whole shebang, just a basic of what the final project will be, being a Beta it has bugs that need to be fixed, and to fix a major issue they had to roll back the servers... In doing so they gave items bound to the account and not just the characters you claim them on. Blizzard takes forever to fix known bugs and they also have never given anything for such a delay or downtime.

I really enjoy the fact I got some random stuff that honestly, looks kinda funny and I will be happy to parade around in when new players come, tell them tales of people who try to cheat everyone and gain from bugs like that. Those kind of people are the kind you meet in real life, always skimming by, and probably b*tch and moan when they don't get sour cream on their tacos.

Cry me a river children, cause I have a boat of entertainment, and it's name is Neverwinter!

Diggin this post. +1

goodwork1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it is great, but why can't u add another slot so u can wear the cape like with the peasant clothes? I don't want to wear it in battle since there is No AC to it.
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BTW, saw something cool on a website today, it said that Whiners will be SHot on Sight. I think you could use a sign like that here, grin.
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • belenzorbelenzor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I believe from what I see that noone is realy gratefull for the gifts.

For me you just sent me bunch of space wasting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Cape without any stats, that looks... like a childs toy, pure 1 slot waste, you cant even wear it as a RP clothing... and speaking of... that mask. Fun to have a slot taken at least, but lets be honest... noone wears those, they are ugly, your main gear looks 1000x better so why bother? Another slot spender.

Ok thinking of how easy is to lvl up your toon WTF was that XP boost for? You just sent a totaly useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that cannot be even traded to your other toons and those wont get anything if they werent created before the incident.
    Oh... btw, you could make gold/AD a account wide currencies or AT LEAST give the option to send those to your toons without the need of multiboxing, asking friends to trade etc. This IS possible atm, you just make it stupidly complicated... Aaaand we are on the char thing... 2 slots? srsly? I would trade all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that i could get on any toon for a 1 slot. Ppl would be happy.
    Well I am getting off track here.
    As a token of gratitude i got a bunch of consumables... yay... Well at least those are usefull right? Not exactly.
    Why would you even need a Town Portal scroll, when all you do in endgame is sit in town queueing to dungeon after dungeon or pvp after pvp? I dont go anywhere. Why oh why... another slot spender.

I am starting to think that this whole thing is accualy a "Buy a bag for real money ZEN" commercial. Sice you are doing everything that you possibly can to stuff up your players with useless junk. You cant even put those into bank since... your bank is probably full since lvl 10. Sorry... "bank", you cant call a Bank something that is 2 times smaller than your backpack...

Back to the deal.
    We got Healing stones! YAY! another consumable. I will at least use this. So i got some healing pots that i could easily get by just going to vendor and buying them. (i know i know you cant buy those etc. in regular vendor bla bla bla, you know the deal) But realy this is the ONLY thing that we will accualy use... or... not becouse why would you even need those when Cleric shield makes you invincible forever? You can tank bosses as a rogue with this, and it isnt even a daily. So another slot spender if you ask me.

Dear PW, thank you for trying but you made yourself look like a bunch of not thinking ppl (polite way FTW). Or you just want to get more $$$ from us for speding it on bags to hold those precious items.

TL : DR - Thank you for nothing... or wait, thank you for wasting my bag space. Wasting my coins that i could get some usefull enchantments (had 7 coins on the day of the bug and for this i am furious the most, this should be the 1st thing that you even consider "giving" or rather RETURNING BACK to the players that wasted 7 days of continuous loging in just to to a Ctrl+I)
    Consider that PW team.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let us wear our capes OVER our Necklace slot, so we can have the skin equiped and have stats of the necklace.

Still, terrible compensation for a major malfunction that probably could have been caught
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, worst ever economy screw up AND compensation...
    It's a gift, not "compensation". They don't owe you anything.
    belenzor wrote: »
    For me you just sent me bunch of space wasting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Cape without any stats, that looks... like a childs toy, pure 1 slot waste, you cant even wear it as a RP clothing... and speaking of... that mask. Fun to have a slot taken at least, but lets be honest... noone wears those, they are ugly, your main gear looks 1000x better so why bother? Another slot spender.
    Hahahaha, umm, lol? This is a, how to put it, videogame? Like, it's supposed to be fun? It's a hilarious memento, and you, sir, need to lighten up a bit. Ain't all about slots and min/maxing.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get jack. And I was playing all weekend.

*sigh* Thank goodness I haven't spent any cash on this game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • cthultistcthultist Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the gift.
  • geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK folks...here's the FACTS. It IS a free to play game. The ONLY thing anyone here has to complain about is the 12 hours or more of missed playing time...THAT IS IT. The fact that the Devs (and Admins) chose to "compensate all of us" was because they felt bad for taking the game offline for so long. They kinda feel bad when they have to take the game down for Updates that take 90 minutes. You expecting them to compensate you for THAT too?
    The Face Mask goes in the Fashion slot for your head...not as a replacement for your Armor Helm. The Cape is something to wear as a badge of Surviving the Cat-astrophe!!! Wear it when you are roaming around People's Enclave. Don't wear it to replace any part of your normal fighting armor. The heal stones are COMPLETE Heals, regardless of your normal Hit Point total...and there are 50 of them in the stack...that saves a LOT of coinage spent on heal potions that only catch 1K or 2K HPs per use.
    Personally, I appreciate that the Creators of this game gave us ANYTHING at all. Instead, they went out of their way to keep us apprised the entire time they had the game offline. They told us WHAT they found, and the fact that they were able to fix it. As for the whiners complaining about losing Celestial or Ardent coins...DID you? or were the losses accrued DURING the time frame they mentioned (meaning 5 AM to noon on the day in question...being a Sunday) If you gained the majority of your "coins" during that time, then YES, you losae them...no ifs ands or buts. Everything that occurred during that time frame was rolled back, lost, taken away. It was during that time frame that the majority of the illegal activity took place, thus they "cleaned the slate". For EVERYONE. And punished those they caught either introducing the exploits or making use of it.

Geez Whiners. Go rub dirt on your wounds and walk it off...quit being Nancy Boys!
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    OK folks...here's the FACTS. It IS a free to play game. The ONLY thing anyone here has to complain about is the 12 hours or more of missed playing time...THAT IS IT. The fact that the Devs (and Admins) chose to "compensate all of us" was because they felt bad for taking the game offline for so long. They kinda feel bad when they have to take the game down for Updates that take 90 minutes. You expecting them to compensate you for THAT too?
    The Face Mask goes in the Fashion slot for your head...not as a replacement for your Armor Helm. The Cape is something to wear as a badge of Surviving the Cat-astrophe!!! Wear it when you are roaming around People's Enclave. Don't wear it to replace any part of your normal fighting armor. The heal stones are COMPLETE Heals, regardless of your normal Hit Point total...and there are 50 of them in the stack...that saves a LOT of coinage spent on heal potions that only catch 1K or 2K HPs per use.
    Personally, I appreciate that the Creators of this game gave us ANYTHING at all. Instead, they went out of their way to keep us apprised the entire time they had the game offline. They told us WHAT they found, and the fact that they were able to fix it. As for the whiners complaining about losing Celestial or Ardent coins...DID you? or were the losses accrued DURING the time frame they mentioned (meaning 5 AM to noon on the day in question...being a Sunday) If you gained the majority of your "coins" during that time, then YES, you losae them...no ifs ands or buts. Everything that occurred during that time frame was rolled back, lost, taken away. It was during that time frame that the majority of the illegal activity took place, thus they "cleaned the slate". For EVERYONE. And punished those they caught either introducing the exploits or making use of it.

Geez Whiners. Go rub dirt on your wounds and walk it off...quit being Nancy Boys!
    The hell we can't complain. Personally, I didn't think I'd have anything to complain about. Then they froze up the AH until items that should have sold for 130K-150K went for 10ad. Now you ask why should it matter because it's free 2 play. Well it matters because we aren't all leeches who simply play for free. Some of us spend money. Now I could have cared less if they reset the whole **** game and gave me back my zen. But they decided to just randomly screw some people over more than others without any consideration to the fact that some of the items being sold on the AH are items purchased with zen or directly acquired as a result of spending zen. So before you go on your little ***** fest about people complaining, donate some money to the game first so they can screw you over too.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OK folks...here's the FACTS. It IS a free to play game.

Nancy boys tow the company line, and never stand up for themselves. Nancy boys never complain.

This is the problem right now in gaming. Companies have caught on, that they can make potentially more money on "free to play" games than they ever could with subs. AND, as a bonus, it comes with all sorts of convenient excuses to ward off scrutiny. FTP has become a marketing buzzword, a term meant to distract and misdirect.

It's the perfect set up. They disguise massive expenditures over a shorter period of time. This is why MapleStory makes WoW-scale money, and why Nexon can get away with poor customer service, and greedy sales practices. Players like yourself just point to the word "free" with little attempt to put the term into context. They have their own players working for them.

It's also perfect, because gamers like yourself have decided that as long as marketing put "free" anywhere in the sales pitch, it means we can't complain. But that's the thing. It isn't really free. It CAN be free, but many aspects of the game require money to be played to its full potential.

If they didn't charge for things, you'd be right. But they do. and yes you can grind out that currency, but how many people are going to do that reasonably? The grind is so massive, that it's hardly worth the effort. Most will just end of leaving, or spending. They removed companion upgrade books? Why? To force payments to get a companion that levels past 15. There was a quest to get a free green upgraded companion in Neverdeath, they removed it. Why? See the above.

End game enchants have a 1% fusion success rate. Why? Cash shop.

Couple that with the "founders" packs and this company makes a ton of money.

Complaints are feedback. This game is a business. Not a charity, they simply have the service set up to require no money down, but they still expect money at some point (which they deserve), thus people have the right to tell said company what it will take to get said money.

It sucks because you're working against your own best interests, when you chastise others for complaining, and stepping on their rights as a consumer. If you were a stock holder, I'd see your concern, but you aren't. You're a consumer.

I've spent $80 so far. I feel I have the right to complain, or tell the company what it will take to get any more money from me.
    and I have a feeling many who haven't, wouldn't mind spending the money. If the methods used to receive it, weren't so invasive or expensive.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • kelton59kelton59 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They know how sadly impatient many players are.
  • saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We also got a box of some sort that was supposed to enclose a rank 5 enchant. But when open the loot disappeared. I have heard several complains about this from other players.
    I know for 100% that I got a yellow rank 5 enchant and I didnt have any in bank nor in my bag after opening the box.

Not an important item but maybe next time it happens it could be something of greater value.
  • kenjuukenjuu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm cool prizes!
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sadly it looks like the outside web sites that sell gold or for this game astral diamonds due to I am guessing the exploit have thousands of things to sell for cheap.

Heck they are even blatently selling the stuff on zone chat as I write this message.
    So combined with the player spam we have the outside game groups selling stuff now.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=