test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overwhelming outcry from

Comments

• shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    rakeleer wrote: »
    Poll of forum goers is not super accurate representation of the entire player base. True.

Poll of anything in real life is not super accurate representation of the entire population effected by policy based on the poll outcome. True.

Some people jump instantly to this fact whenever poll disagrees with whatever opinion they hold. True!

Some people ignore all poll results ever presented because; F-YOU FRANK! :)
    People using biased polls to support what they want. true.
    America is messed up because of above statement. true.
    I gave a way for there to be a more accurate poll, but you choose to ignore that. true
  • karmeliakarmelia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronbo68 wrote: »
    Q: This bug existed for more than 7 hours. What are you doing about the fact that players took advantage of this before the rollback window?

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.

That's exactly what PWI said about the goon glitch abuser in Perfect World. In the end they did nothing against the bug abusers.

My bet is the same thing will be done about that here : nothing.

Welcome to the not so perfect PWI games management.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • doobysnackzdoobysnackz Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Pathetic? Thats it? That is all you can manage as an insult because I don't hate and loath the game?

Really your lack of skill in the arts rhetorical are a shining example of how well polished brass can be to gleam and cast forth nothing to the day.

Look, dummy. There are thousands of people who think shooting heroin is FUN...it doesn't fracking mean it's any good for them or that they aren't getting exploited tho.

So what, you have fun in this game in it's current state. That doesn't mean you aren't getting shat on in the process. It just means you're too fracking stupid to realize it.
    edited May 2013
    Pathetic? Thats it? That is all you can manage as an insult because I don't hate and loath the game?

Really your lack of skill in the arts rhetorical are a shining example of how well polished brass can be to gleam and cast forth nothing to the day.

Your lack of logic is amusing. You take a swipe at people for criticizing the game on the forums while the ONLY thing you are doing is making excuses and singing praises for the game on the forums...LOL!!!!

IN OTHER WORDS, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, SHUT UP AND PLAY THE GAME.
  • rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    I gave a way for there to be a more accurate poll, but you choose to ignore that. true

Sorry, F-YOU FRANK was apparently a too-obscure reference.

I chose to ignore your "more accurate" poll because I just don't care. Apparently, Cryptic/PW also doesn't care. They don't want their game run by the democratic process - which is what a 'poll' presented as a forced vote before login would be. Can't say I blame them.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously a wipe is not needed in this situation. The roll back is probably sufficient, and I don't think the investigations are done yet. I expect we'll see waves of bans to come.

I think those should be perma-bans, 72 hours is simply not good enough. There should be 0 tolerance for cheating of this type in an MMO, beta, live, or otherwise. (In a beta, these sorts of bugs should be reported not exploited, and anyone not doing the former deserves to be kicked out of beta and never let back in.)

Anyway, IMHO, a wipe would overly punish innocent players for no real reason.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look, dummy. There are thousands of people who think shooting heroin is FUN...it doesn't fracking mean it's any good for them or that they aren't getting exploited tho.

So what, you have fun in this game in it's current state. That doesn't mean you aren't getting shat on in the process. It just means you're too fracking stupid to realize it.

Well comparing me to a drug user is a slightly better insult but it still lacks any sign of skill or style. You are still struggling with cheap and vulgar insults. I'm sorry that the lack of your education has so crippled your ability to craft a riposte that delivers proper degradation. If this is all that you can manage then I shall feel pity for you and bask in my superiority to you in every fashion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmeliakarmelia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think those should be perma-bans, 72 hours is simply not good enough.

PWI don't permaban anyone.

In a beta, these sorts of bugs should be reported not exploited

That's why there is a wipe at the end of a true beta. No more wipe=this game is not in beta anymore.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your lack of logic is amusing. You take a swipe at people for criticizing the game on the forums while the ONLY thing you are doing is making excuses and singing praises for the game on the forums...LOL!!!!

IN OTHER WORDS, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, SHUT UP AND PLAY THE GAME.

Not once but two different failed attempts. Really it is sad what are they teaching children these days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

Nice 7 hour roll back with a few thank you cards that wont amount to anything.

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
    http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

The public isn't asking for it. The cry babies on the forums are asking for a wipe. I don't want a wipe. I didn't exploit, and couldn't careless about it. It has not affect on me at all.

Also I laughed when you said mmorpg.com has reputable reporters.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are cats being hawked all day long in chat, roll back did not solve the problem at all. My thread asking about it was removed:mad:.
    edited May 2013
    Well comparing me to a drug user is a slightly better insult but it still lacks any sign of skill or style. You are still struggling with cheap and vulgar insults. I'm sorry that the lack of your education has so crippled your ability to craft a riposte that delivers proper degradation. If this is all that you can manage then I shall feel pity for you and bask in my superiority to you in every fashion.

I and many others have already squashed your "argument" a thousand times over...
    I don't want to take up your time - you've got crosses to burn, mayonnaise sandwiches to eat, pro-wrestling to watch, etc. etc.
    edited May 2013
    Not once but two different failed attempts. Really it is sad what are they teaching children these days.

Is eating paint chips one of the sacraments of your faith?
    edited May 2013
    The public isn't asking for it. The cry babies on the forums are asking for a wipe. I don't want a wipe. I didn't exploit, and couldn't careless about it. It has not affect on me at all.

Also I laughed when you said mmorpg.com has reputable reporters.

I laughed when you opened your liehole. Try actually refuting the points made in the article...I'll wait..for however long it takes for you to come up with some BS "argument."
    edited May 2013
    Is eating paint chips one of the sacraments of your faith?

Clearly your dooby has rotted your brain. I'm afraid you reduced to nothing but inane ramblings with not facts are details to actually back you up. Sad. Really sad. Even more that you don't recognize the quote. Actually that is kind of pathetic. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Clearly your dooby has rotted your brain. I'm afraid you reduced to nothing but inane ramblings with not facts are details to actually back you up. Sad. Really sad. Even more that you don't recognize the quote. Actually that is kind of pathetic. :D

You've never stepped up to my level so I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. Can I ask you another question tho? So, who peed in your gene pool?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good God you two...you both have to have the last word eh?
    Just stop please.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I'll do it just for you, wrenaq.

Later.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    There are cats being hawked all day long in chat, roll back did not solve the problem at all. My thread asking about it was removed:mad:.

I saw people begging for cats, and I saw joksters making them run around in Hotenow, but I have not seen any serious offers nor have I seen any more cats in Neverwinter than usual. I paid attention to that all afternoon because that would have been an indicator. But there was no evidence whatsoever for that. The rollback covered that time frame sufficiently, apparently.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Do you realise how much money they'd have to give back? The legal ramifications? The time it would take? They've probably already spent some of it.

From the company's perspective, doing a server wipe (which by the way, is a LAST resort so desperate that many developers would never even conceive of such a drastic notion) is not only stupid, it's nigh on impossible. It seems to me that creating a new server would make the offended group happy without pissing off a huge number of players who couldn't care less about things that don't directly affect them.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will wipe when they're done with the Beta.

It's going to happen. Don't worry about it. Just wait for the final release of the game and you'll be fine. Until then, enjoy it for what it is.
    edited May 2013
    alturen wrote: »
    They will wipe when they're done with the Beta.

It's going to happen. Don't worry about it. Just wait for the final release of the game and you'll be fine. Until then, enjoy it for what it is.

Nope not gonna happen they have said this many times.
    Many MMO's do not wipe after hitting open beta...age of wushu, MWO to name a couple.
    edited May 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    Do you realise how much money they'd have to give back? The legal ramifications? The time it would take? They've probably already spent some of it.

From the company's perspective, doing a server wipe (which by the way, is a LAST resort so desperate that many developers would never even conceive of such a drastic notion) is not only stupid, it's nigh on impossible. It seems to me that creating a new server would make the offended group happy without pissing off a huge number of players who couldn't care less about things that don't directly affect them.

None of the money has to be returned...
    Just the zen.
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Nope not gonna happen they have said this many times.
    Many MMO's do not wipe after hitting open beta...age of wushu, MWO to name a couple.

That's because it's not really open beta. It's launch. If it was open beta then wiping would be legit.
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be gone already...

Ok, this time for real.
    /poof
    edited May 2013
    I would say launch is when all the content is done, every character class etc.
    Then they sell the extra addon content ;)
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the people on here asking for a wipe are probably just annoyed they did't get to use the exploit or got directly screwed over by it. I have been playing since CBW3 and I think I may have used the auction house 4 or 5 times and that was just for cheap materiel for crafting, so this "major crisis" has no effect on me what so ever. What would have an effect on me is a wipe, that would be something for me to get up in arms about. This silly economy thing will sort itself out in a couple of months, and sure we will loose a few people, but I don't think its as many as people keep trying to shove down our throat. I was just in game and there are still tons of players, far more then have ever come to the boards. If there was a way to poll ALL players in the game, not just the ones who post in the social media or forums, I think the "No Wipe" would far exceed the "Wipe" people. I am sure that would be to difficult to actually implement, but I would love to hear the crying from the "Wipe" group when they find out just how much of a minority they actually are!
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I would say launch is when all the content is done, every character class etc.
    Then they sell the extra addon content ;)

That is a relatively new concept of open beta/launch.
    Open beta was always the part just before launch when pre-orders, founders and etc got a head start and had nothing whatsoever to do with content not being released yet. All content(races, classes, zones and etc)was in game at open beta except for maybe end game content. Which usually followed a month or two later.

The problem with this new definition of open beta is that it allows for games to never be officially released. There will always be some new class they are working on, or some new zone, races, some new spells, or whatever. It allows for them to play it by ear while taking money from customers as if it had been a full launch. It allows for them to not be fully accountable to their customers.

Now let me describe a stage in game development and let's see what everyone thinks the stage is.

NDA lifted? Check.
    No wipes? Check.
    Money exchanged for services? Check.
    Current and future bugs, patches, and new content releases? Check.

Now what stage is that?

It's launch in every single mmo to date. This one is no different no matter how hard people are trying to redefine it.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, most people are NOT asking for a wipe. You mean most people in the forums which is NOT representative of the entire player base, as most people do not visit the forums. Do not speak for others as that is just idiotic. Speak for your self only and that's it. Oh yea, this is another pointless thread. There'll be no wipes and that has been stated over and over by the Devs.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Several people I talked to in game couldn't understand why they lost all the items and xp recently acquired (because they don't keep up with the forums). If you just wiped their characters I am pretty certain the game would lose almost all credibility in the eyes of the many players that don't have the time or inclination to hang out here.

To be honest the exploiters haven't impacted me at all except for the rollback and extended server downtime. As long as the exploits are patched, in time the economy will right itself.