test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overwhelming outcry from

Comments

• ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Another ridiculous thread. No wipes please. Devs, keep investigating and deal with the exploiters as best you can. You are taking the right approach. Thank you for letting us keep our progress as you take care of the people that created this mess.
  • vaargtuyolevaargtuyole Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wiping is the only 100% fair across the board way to handle something game breaking. there is no way a seven hour roll back handled a problem reported months before the open beta started. meaning while they caught the largest offenders with their massive bank accounts in game, the damage they did to the economy while building those accounts is not only done but untraceable.
    I think about two weeks ago I accidentally participated in this exploit because I purchased with gold a level sixty guardian fighter epic weapon for five gold. I know for sure I didn't gain any AD I shouldn't have but I'll never be able to not question that purchase.
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It hasn't. But thanks for the name calling. Typical fallback for someone who is WRONG.

if wipes are not possible regardless of reason that's a live game. other wise known as a launch.
  • forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh exactly. What people forget is that the vast majority of players in a game don't care about whatever forum fuss is currently going on. In one game a few years back there was a big fuss about a game mechanic change on the boards with lots and lots of screaming and people up and leaving. The devs later reported that the actual number that left was about 2% of the active playing population.

So yeah the noisy crowd on a forum often doesn't represent the actual player base. And in this case the average player would be spitting mad if they wiped the game.

The crowd wanting the wipe are the exploiters who already cashed out and hope to get away clean and the PVP crowd who somehow think that their win is currently spoiled. Aside from that most people don't actually give that much of a care to it. For them the 7 hour rollback is more annoying.

Vast majority and Forum Fuss?? You have no way of knowing the preferences or thoughts of a majority of anything, and I'd hardly call this situation 'forum mess'. Yes, we're discussing it in the forums, but you run out of valid statements there. This is an in-game issue, calling into question the integrity of the entire game. You have not ONE clue about HOW MUCH of the playerbase the 'noisy forum crowd' actually represents, or how many non-forum users feel the same way. So, enough of that.

The crowd wanting a wipe is NOT made up of exploiters; that is extremely unlikely, and pulled right out of nowhere, thanks. I think its more likely made up of players like myself: people that enjoy Neverwinter, and wish to continue playing the game...clean. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't want to give anymore time to a game with a failed economy, where my efforts will never put me on the same playing field as a player who exploited in the early weeks for massive, game-breaking sums of AD.

People NOT wanting a wipe are MOST LIKELY made up of:

A) The exploiters themselves, with the most to lose
    B) People reluctant to give up on time already commited (kind of like not ending a bad relationship, because you have time invested)
    C) Honest players who either have no idea any of this happened, or just how widespread and severe the damage really is (because FANBOYS DOWNPLAY THE EFFECTS) - THIS portion MOST LIKELY makes up the VAST MAJORITY you speak of...the UNINFORMED masses
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

Nice 7 hour roll back with a few thank you cards that wont amount to anything.

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
    http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

I REEAAAAALLLLY hope you realize that your narcotic view on things is wrong. The internet/forums BARLEY even scratch the surface of the population of this games community.

So NO the community doesn't want a wipe. Only a few do...

You all are doing more harm than good, these posts people are making about whining and complaining, poking around false facts about things you dont even understand needs to stop. You all are ruining the experience of the game for others.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    How is wiping fair?

Do people not realize that the majority of players never even touch the forums? In fact I believe I'm the only one in my guild who even knew what happened and why. None of us use the AH to make purchases either, we sell things there but it's not a huge inconvenience to us that it's down, we'll just hoard stuff in our guild tabs til the AH is back up and sell then.

It's called farming what you need as a guild >.>

Wipes would simply cater to those who got banned or screwed over on the AH. Do people not realize in a f2p mmo if they wipe everything, all of those who were banned are now on an even footing and will simply create a new account and find a new exploit.

Not to mention you have fans like me who have spent well over 1k already on this game, with plans to spend more, who will have over 100k zen and 2+million AD for a fresh wipe!?!?!?! AND I'd know exactly which pets for each class rather then just buying them all and duplicating it on toons I wanted those pets on. In effect leaving me with a TON of zen to sell after all is said and done.

TL/DR: A wipe doesn't fix your problem, but it causes one for the rest of us.
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    I REEAAAAALLLLY hope you realize that your narcotic view on things is wrong. The internet/forums BARLEY even scratch the surface of the population of this games community.

So NO the community doesn't want a wipe. Only a few do...

You all are doing more harm than good, these posts people are making about whining and complaining, poking around false facts about things you dont even understand needs to stop. You all are ruining the experience of the game for others.

how is he ruining others experince of the game by complaining on the FOURMS? last i checked the forums wernt visable in game.
  • doobysnackzdoobysnackz Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    if wipes are not possible regardless of reason that's a live game. other wise known as a launch.

Exactly.
    Not to mention, money is being exchanged for services, the NDA has been lifted, and bugs, fixes, and patches occur with launched games as well.

I have no idea why anyone with a lick of sense would defend this questionable business practice of labeling an undeniably launched game as "open beta." By that very same logic...ALL games are open betas...ALWAYS.
  • rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    The internet/forums BARLEY

Mmmm.... Baarrrrrrrley

220px-BarleyEars.JPG
    edited May 2013
    how is he ruining others experince of the game by complaining on the FOURMS? last i checked the forums wernt visable in game.

People come to the forums to get answers and to get help, but all I see lately is people putting down the developers and endlessly conmplaining.
    edited May 2013
    rakeleer wrote: »
    Mmmm.... Baarrrrrrrley

220px-BarleyEars.JPG

LOL i just noticed my typo, This made me laugh.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game will be dead once all those poor ignorant folk realize they can't afford anything.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except they already said no wipes so... That's the reason and it is relevant.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ones that want it can't even get out of Bronze I or Silver I in League of Legends. Sorry Diamond I here can't be troubled with peoples stupidity in every game or forum.
    edited May 2013
    Exactly.
    Not to mention, money is being exchanged for services, the NDA has been lifted, and bugs, fixes, and patches occur with launched games as well.

I have no idea why anyone with a lick of sense would defend this questionable business practice of labeling an undeniably launched game as "open beta." By that very same logic...ALL games are open betas...ALWAYS.

Indeed. Its not like you were sold a CD or anything of the like, now I would 100% be behind a full refund or reinstatement of all zen purchases(made with cash not AD) post wipe. But the truth of the matter is people either overvalue their time(holding that promise too dear) or just aren't willing to speak truth to the matter. This is a live game, and if you want your game to be live then make it so but don't bull**** me with the open beta to feel like you have an excuse for a decent game with terrible bug fixing.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

Nice 7 hour roll back with a few thank you cards that wont amount to anything.

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
    http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

Funny you say majority, but when I logged in most people in game had no idea what had even happened. When it was explained to them they said rollback was good. When told you guys in the forums were looking for a wipe they said that was silly. Most people actually playing the game don't want a wipe. I personally feel some of those banned are pushing for it so they don't have to start over alone, because they are mad they lost their status as big dog.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if the vast majority of players don't use forums and you have no way of polling their opinion on the need for a wipe it's just safe to assume they don't want one?

You guys have a bright future in census work. The people who don't want a wipe are the exploiters who got 72 hour banned, perm banned, and now have illicit AD on their mule accounts. Only cheaters want no wipes, case closed.
  • tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    People NOT wanting a wipe are MOST LIKELY made up of:

A) The exploiters themselves, with the most to lose
    B) People reluctant to give up on time already commited (kind of like not ending a bad relationship, because you have time invested)
    C) Honest players who either have no idea any of this happened, or just how widespread and severe the damage really is (because FANBOYS DOWNPLAY THE EFFECTS) - THIS portion MOST LIKELY makes up the VAST MAJORITY you speak of...the UNINFORMED masses

People wanting a wipe is most likely made up of :
    A: zen buyers that want a reset so they can use the zen another way
    B: zen buyers that didt take advantage of 500:1 ad ratio and want another go at it
    C: So they can rush to 60 and take advantage of the gear AH while its hot
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Except they already said no wipes so... That's the reason and it is relevant.

except that exposes the lie of the situation. If you cannot solve game breaking problems you just intend to let them weed themselves out YOU LAUNCHED THE GAME. every mmo that is not in developmental death and even a few that are have patches, and updates. thats part of live games (World of Warcraft/Guild Wars 2/Ever Quest 2) all have patches. all of them are live. none of them server wipe for exploits because they are past that part of testing. this game is either past that part of testing or its not. if it is then its launched if not then its a beta. dont defend bull****.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    So if the vast majority of players don't use forums and you have no way of polling their opinion on the need for a wipe it's just safe to assume they don't want one?

You guys have a bright future in census work. The people who don't want a wipe are the exploiters who got 72 hour banned, perm banned, and now have illicit AD on their mule accounts. Only cheaters want no wipes, case closed.

I dare you log into the game and propose in zone chat that a wipe is needed. See what response you get.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    This game will be dead once all those poor ignorant folk realize they can't afford anything.

We'll see what the AH prices and the exchange rate are like when they come back online. You can call be an ignorant fool if you are right then. I won't call you that even if it turns out that you are wrong. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    I dare you log into the game and propose in zone chat that a wipe is needed. See what response you get.

just because the cry babies dont want to lose time doesnt mean its not the best approach. do you really think that all of the damage was only done in seven hours? if you do i have some ocean front property in arizona to sell you.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He is actually talking about the community as a whole.. he stated to read the news sites etc.. not just the forum goers.. looking on twitter and facebook as well, you have those that are wanting it as well..
    He is speaking about a minority of the comunity. A few loud criers don't are the comunity like a whole. Count the real number of the guys that are asking for the wipe and you will see that there are not that many of them. Even if they post on different forums you will see that they are basically always the same guys
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just because the cry babies dont want to lose time doesnt mean its not the best approach. do you really think that all of the damage was only done in seven hours? if you do i have some ocean front property in arizona to sell you.

Yeah but it puts lie to your claim that most people want a wipe. Doesn't it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So once again someone lamely claims that a wipe is needed once again the vast majority shuts him down.

When will they ever learn?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013

Or maybe some of us aren't so dependent on the AH to play the game. Maybe we like to work for what we have and are willing to spend the time to do so. And I don't want to hear the I work a full time job excuse, because then you can just buy zen to help you along if you need help that bad. So, in the end a wipe would just prove their word is meaningless and hurt them more than anything else. Because once you can't take a company at their word you just wash your hand of them and stop giving them money.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but it puts lie to your claim that most people want a wipe. Doesn't it.
    everyone i know is waiting till the end of the month for a wipe or uninstalling. I never claimed that the vast majority want it, people in general are too stupid to take the level playing field. they would rather struggle in a way similar to their daily lives in a broken economy than have the fair start they deserve.
  • musclesmarinaramusclesmarinara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1st of all: What sites are you visiting that are stating this game is an epic fail, "all over the place"?

2nd of all: G4, mmorpg.com and a host of other more "credible" mmo game review sites have GW2 ranked number one, and that game is total horsecrap imo. Guess what though, it's relative to the user. Nice way to waste time with your post though.
    edited May 2013
    everyone i know is waiting till the end of the month for a wipe or uninstalling. I never claimed that the vast majority want it, people in general are too stupid to take the level playing field. they would rather struggle in a way similar to their daily lives in a broken economy than have the fair start they deserve.

I didn't say ask your guild I said go into zone chat and ask. You'll find that the attitude is different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'll get a response from the people who were selling cats yesterday and are now on alts saying they don't want a wipe cause in 72 hours they can play their main again. Cheaters want to keep their exploited goods that's why they exploited in the first place.

Besides in the other thread "Almost no one uses zone chat only guild chat" excuse was used when I said how many exploit groups were being formed in /zone. So which is it, no one uses forums? No one uses zone chat? You guys need to make up your mind on where the "majority" of the players get their news.