test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overwhelming outcry from

tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

Nice 7 hour roll back with a few thank you cards that wont amount to anything.

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html
Post edited by tredo on

Comments

• nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Only half the forum is asking for it. Most players dont care. Most players dont come to the forums.

Exaggeration.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup just because some forum users have asked for it does not mean that most players want it.
    It will never happen....accept it or move on.
    If they did a wipe they would lose more players than the few on the forums.
    Also why make another thread when there are already many?>
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Only half the forum is asking for it. Most players dont care. Most players dont come to the forums.

Exaggeration.

He is actually talking about the community as a whole.. he stated to read the news sites etc.. not just the forum goers.. looking on twitter and facebook as well, you have those that are wanting it as well..
  • blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe would clear the economy issues and affect not only the exploiter accounts but their mule and storage accounts. Not to mention zero out the zen/ad exchange as well as the AH.

Leveling in this game isnt an issue since its so fast and easy.

They knew it was an issue but did nothing,,it seems to drive down the value of AD and dive up the value of Zen.

The only one saying things are fine seem to be the ones most affected by a wipe.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that Dev thread regarding exploits was about the infinite boss loop, the instagib GF bug and the infinite quest reward bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverspritesilversprite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny, I saw people today complaining about what they lost in a 7 hr roll back, I wonder how many players would be happy to log in tomorrow and find all of their characters back at lvl 1 and everything they spent months on is lost.

Nepht said it well, most players dont come to the forums, if you want to do your polls id say ask real players in game and not the ones that just want to come here for the popcorn and drama
  • lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    Googled NWI. I'm curious which company you are complaining about? The National Wellness Institute, National Wraparound Initiative, National Wetlands Inventory, or The Times of Nortwest India?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He is actually talking about the community as a whole.. he stated to read the news sites etc.. not just the forum goers.. looking on twitter and facebook as well, you have those that are wanting it as well..

Most of the people agitating for a wipe on twitter and facebook are the same ones doing it here.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The "public" is NOT asking for a server wipe. Over 99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot including this one. Cryptic has already stated many times over that there will NOT be a sever wipe after Open Beta and release. Give it a rest already... The dead horse has already been kicked enough.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, word is out..Neverwinter is done..So sorry, we tried to save you from yourself...We begged..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exaggeration?? Go through the forums,,FB and twitter . What doesnt get deleted by PR team still show a trend towards wanting a wipe.

Exaggeration.
  • absynthe7absynthe7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because "the public" isn't asking for it - screeching forum howler monkeys are asking for it. Those are different things. The vast majority of people value their own time more than they value punishing every cheater everywhere in the game, along with themselves, in the vain hopes that this time no one's going to try to game the system, since that is a real thing that actually happens in online games.

The thing is, people who value their time are, by definition, very unlikely to visit internet forums.
    edited May 2013
    Also the game has been in open beta for 2 weeks and the devs are sorting things out...why not leave the game for a month and come back If you are so peed off.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, i know its hard to believe that this community does exist outside these forums.. with social media and gamer sites all over, this news is spreading like wild fire!
    A full wipe would clear the economy issues and affect not only the exploiter accounts but their mule and storage accounts. Not to mention zero out the zen/ad exchange as well as the AH.

The only one saying things are fine seem to be the ones most affected by a wipe.

Yes, I think that most everyone would agree with you on both counts!!
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny, I saw people today complaining about what they lost in a 7 hr roll back, I wonder how many players would be happy to log in tomorrow and find all of their characters back at lvl 1 and everything they spent months on is lost.

Nepht said it well, most players dont come to the forums, if you want to do your polls id say ask real players in game and not the ones that just want to come here for the popcorn and drama

But those people don't support the argument and are therefore invalid! You have to accept news that follows the personal agenda of the OP or you are invalid! Didn't you learn forum etiquette yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

^ Just leaving this in here for this thread too :)
    houserin_signature.png
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a good chance that the Facebook and Twitter followers asking are the same people that are here. Not guaranteed, but a good chance.

Bottom line is, they have stated many many times there will be no wipe, so if that's not a decision you like, it's time to move on. All you need to do is log into the game right now, it's not even prime time US and the servers are packed, this game is far from dead.

If they were ever going to wipe, last night would have been that time. It's never going to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Exaggeration.

It's as much an assumption to say that most players don't care as it is to say they do.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Let me see if I can find a calender, you refer to "months" when in fact the servers launched on the 30th... so your months reference is indeed 20 days, I just counted them for you!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think its safe to say most players don't care about the economy most don't even know its an actual thing. Most just care about rushing to max level and raiding for what they think is "leet loot".

If there is a massive wipe and everything is set to zero most players will leave. Doesn't matter what each of us here thinks, our personal opinions matter not to the unwashed masses.
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    It's as much an assumption to say that most players don't care as it is to say they do.

All very well and good discussing a wipe or no wipe but the fact remains they will not do a wipe.....never going to happen ever ever ever.
    So why waste your time eh? accept it and support the devs or not.
  • oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
    http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

Because the "public" that is asking for it makes up a small percentage of the actual user base...

Just because they are loud doesn't make them the majority.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm a paying customer and I do not want a wipe. I wanted a rollback, which we got. I wanted them to look carefully in the AD issue, and they did (exchange and AH are still disabled). I hoped people would get banned, and they did/are getting banned.

I do not want, or see any need for, a server wipe.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • mojodammmojodamm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    "The Grey has Risen, Book One" - NW-DDK8N6EYP
    "No Prey, No Pay" - NW-DG2XDJH84

Coming soon, "The Infinite" - NW-DMOHSQHM5
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    All very well and good discussing a wipe or no wipe but the fact remains they will not do a wipe.....never going to happen ever ever ever.
    So why waste your time eh? accept it and support the devs or not.

Care to point out where I mentioned anything about a wipe?
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, the OP could solve his own issue entirely merely by deleting his characters & uninstalling the game.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    Hit the wrong button my bad......
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exaggeration.
    You do know that if half is asking... there is no most... just the other half.... ;)
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • kalemendraxkalemendrax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only way i would support a full wipe is once things settle and these major bugs,exploits and issues are worked out more fully. Wiping now is stupid from every aspect of the situation because when you JUST had a huge exploit..and we all know there are a lot of issues still around..wiping now might mean you same people cry wipe it every time there is an incident..so why not wait, let things get polished,fixed and see how trhe economy responds while the bugs and other issues get worked out..THEN decide if you think a wipe is more neccessary or worth pulling for.

If the game is much more polished and stable from such incidents like this..and the economy is still a mess..thats when an economy wipe would be wise..not now siomply due to..what are you gonna do..OMG WIPE WIPE every time something big happens?
  • sharzoesharzoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This game hasn't been out for "months" - give it a rest. Wipe the servers, clean up this mess. It will make the Developers (Cryptic, PW) appear much more respectable. You guys screwed the pooch. Fix it. Explain it. Move on.
  • merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't want a wipe. The game is not irreparably damaged and Cryptic has ways of dealing with cheaters that aren't so extreme as to punish us all. I think many players would quit if everything was wiped, and it would look even worse for Cryptic than it does already. I would never touch this game again if I knew that at any time something could go so wrong that I could lose absolutely all progression. That doesn't exactly earn trust from customers, and I'm a paying customer. A long-time paying customer supporting Cryptic's other games as well. If you simply cannot abide playing this game without a wipe, than I suggest you take your business elsewhere, because the decision was already made and you aren't likely to change it. If you are so desperately unhappy and you have paid, demand a refund. Cryptic is good for giving them out. Just stop railing about it, because it's pointless.