Install Arc
Options

Overwhelming outcry from

Comments

• Options
    vaargtuyolevaargtuyole Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    Or maybe some of us aren't so dependent on the AH to play the game. Maybe we like to work for what we have and are willing to spend the time to do so. And I don't want to hear the I work a full time job excuse, because then you can just buy zen to help you along if you need help that bad. So, in the end a wipe would just prove their word is meaningless and hurt them more than anything else. Because once you can't take a company at their word you just wash your hand of them and stop giving them money.

I don't use the AH I don't have the kind of free time it take to manipulate a market like that.
  • Options
    shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    everyone i know is waiting till the end of the month for a wipe or uninstalling. I never claimed that the vast majority want it, people in general are too stupid to take the level playing field. they would rather struggle in a way similar to their daily lives in a broken economy than have the fair start they deserve.
    Well, I guess they will be uninstalling. Threats of leaving have stopped working on MMO companies a long time ago unless the whole community got behind it. You need more than a handful of forums dwellers to make them listen to a threat of leaving.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I guess they will be uninstalling. Threats of leaving have stopped working on MMO companies a long time ago unless the whole community got behind it. You need more than a handful of forums dwellers to make them listen to a threat of leaving.

Yep there is one guy over on the STO forums he left years ago...funny thing he's always online and has all the latest Zen ships.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Paying players, f2p players, and more than Cryptic / NWI wants to admint about wiping the servers.

Cryptic / NWI, take the time today to go out and read some of the news sites, your game is in EPIC FAIL category of the year all over the place!!

Nice 7 hour roll back with a few thank you cards that wont amount to anything.

All over the inet there is proof of your knowledge of the exploits, the reports made about the exploits weeks ago, even on your own forums you removed posts detailing the exploits and had to post a thread dated back on May 11th telling people not to post about the exploits!

For you to come out and say that Sunday morning you guys found out about an exploit and had to shut down the servers is an absolute lie to our faces.

All the flame gear is on so go ahead and start your little remarks about how this is not the case and all that **** you guys put out here, but I have one question for Cryptic / NWI, its the same question that most of the news sites are trying to find out right now, as quoted from them in these threads like this;

Why not wipe the servers if the public is asking for it, your game is still in open beta?

When the company(ies) come forward and answer that question, then perhaps this FUBAR can be put behind us!!

Oh, and here is a nice little editorial by a reputable reporter from a very busy game site;
    http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

Why not just make a new server so all those crying to get wipes can just start from scratch and those like me who don't really want a wipe stay where we are?
    funny, I saw people today complaining about what they lost in a 7 hr roll back, I wonder how many players would be happy to log in tomorrow and find all of their characters back at lvl 1 and everything they spent months on is lost.

Nepht said it well, most players dont come to the forums, if you want to do your polls id say ask real players in game and not the ones that just want to come here for the popcorn and drama

Exactly.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't use the AH I don't have the kind of free time it take to manipulate a market like that.

I am starting to wonder if people even read posts now or just skim them. I said nothing about manipulating the AH, normal people that use the AH go there to get an item to replace an old on and what not. The put some stuff they don't need on and aren't trying to manipulate the market at all. Those same people don't actually need the AH to play the game it just makes it a little easier, they can live without it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep there is one guy over on the STO forums he left years ago...funny thing he's always online and has all the latest Zen ships.

Don't you love those guys. The kind of out cry you need is like that of what happened when Mass Effect 3 first came out and people started beating the game.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I know. I can't count the number of times I've seen people post that they are leaving and a year later they are still posting and clearly playing. I just want to take that kind of person and shove them out the door myself. Look if your leaving great. Don't tell me about it. Especially don't tell me about it if you aren't really leaving.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    We'll see what the AH prices and the exchange rate are like when they come back online. You can call be an ignorant fool if you are right then. I won't call you that even if it turns out that you are wrong. :)

Believe me, I would love to be wrong.

But sitting there last night while leveling and watching the zen exchange explode (which is when I'm assuming this exploit started becoming public), which wasn't hit by the rollback is what scares me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know. I can't count the number of times I've seen people post that they are leaving and a year later they are still posting and clearly playing. I just want to take that kind of person and shove them out the door myself. Look if your leaving great. Don't tell me about it. Especially don't tell me about it if you aren't really leaving.

It's a straw man threat, folks who are serious...you don't get so much as a goodbye thread because they are actually done.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a straw man threat, folks who are serious...you don't get so much as a goodbye thread because they are actually done.

When I stopped playing WoW I just left. No thread, no threat change the game how I want or I leave. I just up and left, because I was done. And you know what if I did feel like going back I wouldn't feel ashamed about it, because I didn't make a big fuss about leaving. I personal think threats like that if done on the same account a lot should get you banned. You know the companies way of helping you out the door.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really like the game but I feel I cannot in good conscious support this game with real money anymore. I feel the economy is unbalanced and that a full server wipe was in order. Those of you not supporting a full wipe cause me to be suspicious. I find myself wondering if you are actually the exploiters in question. The economy of this game sets the standard for actual game play and cohesiveness. The economy is crucial to the survival of a thriving community and reputation of its player-base.

By the way just because Cryptic says they are fixing the problem doesn't automatically make me believe them. Its obvious this problem was reported a long long time ago and they did nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Believe me, I would love to be wrong. But sitting there last night while leveling and watching the zen exchange explode (which is when I'm assuming this exploit started becoming public), which wasn't hit by the rollback is what scares me.

The rollback should cover that time frame. I check the exchange frequently and I recall that in the early afternoon my time it was still normal on Dragon. The servers went down at 9pm my time, so 7 hours would be 2pm. I didn't write down when I checked the exchange, but it must have been around that time.

We'll have to wait and see until the exchange comes back online. Everything I write on this topic is under the assumption that the rollback reverted us back to shortly before the exploit became public.

(Before people point out that this exploit was allegedly previously known: I have seen the claims, but I have seen no evidence for it in the game. Both AH prices and the exchange rate, over the course of nearly a month, behaved as one would expect; there was nothing unusual or unexpected in their development.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When I stopped playing WoW I just left. No thread, no threat change the game how I want or I leave. I just up and left, because I was done. And you know what if I did feel like going back I wouldn't feel ashamed about it, because I didn't make a big fuss about leaving. I personal think threats like that if done on the same account a lot should get you banned. You know the companies way of helping you out the door.

Totally agree, what we have here is a lame attempt to force popular opinion, I mean he links a story that doesn't say a **** thing about a server wipe then makes a false accusation that new sites all over are calling it epic fail, just not the case.

As I said before wiping the servers now would be like shooting the patient after Chemo just to be sure.
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or maybe some of us aren't so dependent on the AH to play the game. Maybe we like to work for what we have and are willing to spend the time to do so.

This statement demonstrates a lack of knowing JUST HOW MUCH TIME it will take. Worried about losing MAX 4 weeks of playtime? How about the MONTHS upon MONTHS it will take you to farm enough AD for a bag, when NOBODY is buying Zen because its devalued, and you can only farm 24k AD per day, MAX. Good luck buying ANYTHING on the AD shop without using the AH, or real money. Just think a bit, seriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cera001 wrote: »
    I really like the game but I feel I cannot in good conscious support this game with real money anymore. I feel the economy is unbalanced and that a full server wipe was in order. Those of you not supporting a full wipe cause me to be suspicious. I find myself wondering if you are actually the exploiters in question. The economy of this game sets the standard for actual game play and cohesiveness. The economy is crucial to the survival of a thriving community and reputation of its player-base.

By the way just because Cryptic says they are fixing the problem doesn't automatically make me believe them. Its obvious this problem was reported a long long time ago and they did nothing.
    I respect your decision. It is your choice if you want to spend anymore money in this game, and by rights you don't have to. You believe a wipe is in order and I do not, and we both have our reasons. I can respect your opinion, because you are not trying to force it on everyone else, or say you represent the majority of the community. I hope you stay around to see how things work out.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every game has it's proverbial butt kissers if you will... This game is not an exception. Some of you would support mass suicide if Crytpic says its good...

Get some backbone people this game is ruined unless they wipe the servers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Only half the forum is asking for it. Most players dont care. Most players dont come to the forums.

Exaggeration.
    And whatever source OP provides, it comes from mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo game stage, where if its not WoW, its epic fail with endless flame.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rollback should cover that time frame. I check the exchange frequently and I recall that in the early afternoon my time it was still normal on Dragon. The servers went down at 9pm my time, so 7 hours would be 2pm. I didn't write down when I checked the exchange, but it must have been around that time.

We'll have to wait and see until the exchange comes back online. Everything I write on this topic is under the assumption that the rollback reverted us back to shortly before the exploit became public.

(Before people point out that this exploit was allegedly previously known: I have seen the claims, but I have seen no evidence for it in the game. Both AH prices and the exchange rate, over the course of nearly a month, behaved as one would expect; there was nothing unusual or unexpected in their development.)

It didn't. I hit 46, then went to bed at like 4 AM PST.

AFAIK the rollback went as far back as 5 AM.

This started happening around midnight PST.

So I really think they should've went back like 14 hours not 7.
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know where all this talk comes from about most people NOT wanting a wipe. Poll on these forums? 2 to 1 in favor of a wipe. All over the internet? Calls for a wipe. Same old minority keeps calling for a wipe? Where does this even come from? I see the same few people DEFENDING the decision NOT to wipe, not the other way around.

Everyone calling for a wipe talks about fairness, balance, integrity. Everyone against a wipe talks about time invested, items earned, etc. At the end of the day, not wiping is purely a selfish stance (everyone's worried about the relatively small amount of time THEY spent, and not thinking about the VAST amount of time EVERYONE will be spending on a great game with a broken economy). They'll realize months down the line they should have supported a wipe, when they can't fit anything into their little bags, or bank, or get places on their slow mount. Then those people will quit for the next game, and the loyal players are still stuck with a fubar economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know where all this talk comes from about most people NOT wanting a wipe. Poll on these forums? 2 to 1 in favor of a wipe. All over the internet? Calls for a wipe. Same old minority keeps calling for a wipe? Where does this even come from? I see the same few people DEFENDING the decision NOT to wipe, not the other way around.

Everyone calling for a wipe talks about fairness, balance, integrity. Everyone against a wipe talks about time invested, items earned, etc. At the end of the day, not wiping is purely a selfish stance (everyone's worried about the relatively small amount of time THEY spent, and not thinking about the VAST amount of time EVERYONE will be spending on a great game with a broken economy). They'll realize months down the line they should have supported a wipe, when they can't fit anything into their little bags, or bank, or get places on their slow mount. Then those people will quit for the next game, and the loyal players are still stuck with a fubar economy.
    And forums population is just a fraction of the overall game population. Go ask in game what people think. Most the people that don't want a wipe are playing the game, where as all the people that want a wipe are sitting on the forums trying to push what the want.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know where all this talk comes from about most people NOT wanting a wipe. Poll on these forums? 2 to 1 in favor of a wipe.

Why vote in a lame straw poll when Cryptic assured you there would be no wipes period right after they took the game offline?
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cera001 wrote: »
    Every game has it's proverbial butt kissers if you will... This game is not an exception. Some of you would support mass suicide if Crytpic says its good...

Get some backbone people this game is ruined unless they wipe the servers...

I like how somehow it is bad and evil if you actually like a game and have fun with it. Apparently we are all supposed to hate every game and loathe it based on what I see posted on various games message boards.

Frankly if I don't like a game I just leave and don't play. I don't waste my time spending hours and hours on the games message board hating it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why vote in a lame straw poll when Cryptic assured you there would be no wipes period right after they took the game offline?
    Because they think the forums encompasses the whole player base. For any poll like that to be truly accurate it would have to be done as people were logging in and require them to vote before they could play. Otherwise it is not accurate of anything. I could make a poll and jump on a bunch of forums and in game telling people to vote against a wipe, but that would be just as bad as the one now. Why can't people realize forum population is a small fraction of player base.
  • Options
    spaceventuraspaceventura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um last time I checked I'm part of the community and the OP isn't speaking for me.
  • Options
    doobysnackzdoobysnackz Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I like how somehow it is bad and evil if you actually like a game and have fun with it. Apparently we are all supposed to hate every game and loathe it based on what I see posted on various games message boards.

Frankly if I don't like a game I just leave and don't play. I don't waste my time spending hours and hours on the games message board hating it.

No you just spend hours and hours with your kneepads on giving the devs "happy endings."
  • Options
    rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Poll of forum goers is not super accurate representation of the entire player base. True.

Poll of anything in real life is not super accurate representation of the entire population effected by policy based on the poll outcome. True.

Some people jump instantly to this fact whenever poll disagrees with whatever opinion they hold. True!

Some people ignore all poll results ever presented because; F-YOU FRANK! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No you just spend hours and hours with your kneepads on giving the devs "happy endings."

Pathetic? Thats it? That is all you can manage as an insult because I don't hate and loath the game?

Really your lack of skill in the arts rhetorical are a shining example of how well polished brass can be to gleam and cast forth nothing to the day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    balthezore11balthezore11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Only half the forum is asking for it. Most players dont care. Most players dont come to the forums.

Exaggeration.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/poll.php?pollid=1982&do=showresults

Doesn't look like half to me. Majority wants it. And it should have been done. I lost 5.3 Mil of AD worth in loot because of that stupid 7 hour roll back. If they wanted to roll it back then ****ing roll it back to level 1. Or simply wipe characters.
    But yeah I don't know why the **** do I care already quit so peace.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Q: This bug existed for more than 7 hours. What are you doing about the fact that players took advantage of this before the rollback window?

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.

This was also updated on the FAQ Imivo. :D
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this fiasco, I think they need to introduce an account wide bank that all of your characters can access and where you can store your AD and gold.

With the AD exchange down, there is no access to AD as well as Zen and of course no comment from Cryptic/PWE as to when it will be become available, so not only is everyone shafted with a rollback, lost time, lost items etc. due to a few exploiters but we are also punished by not having access to legit currency which people may of paid RL cash for.