Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• alek340alek340 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajh101 wrote: »
    It's BETA !!!!

Firstly - Well done Dev's for sorting!

If some of you are STUPID enough to pay real money for Zen in BETA.. Well, other than a Disclaimer maybe required to point out the S word above, serves you right..

I can't wait for the torrent of abuse aimed at Dev's when game goes live ! OMG, You mean I have to start again (sob).

WTF ppl.. I hope all the haters do leave.. Let's call it "Natural Selection" :D
    It's not a Beta...If that was the case we are all beta testers. The job of a beta tester is to find exploits and bugs and then report them after testing them and seeing if they can be repeated. Thats what I did. I found it, tested it and reported it...I was banned. The excuse of 'it's a beta' is getting tired.
    http://redd.it/1epuhy
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bishop2c3 wrote: »
    *cough* *cough* Perfect World North America is owned by Perfect World LTD out of Beijing. If you're going to be condescending, please get your facts right.

Really? I cheerfully stand corrected. I thought it was being mixed up with NC Soft, until I realized that they aren't from China either, and that I really need to spend more time sleeping and less time waiting for NW to be back up (referring to last night). :P
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • wardparrot90wardparrot90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this may have been asked before but

i was playing yesterday and got to 30, so i decided to do a mass wool cloth weaving, to syncronize with my hiring a new weaver, and i had also had a finish training on my leadership stuff, when i got on today, my new weaver and training was there, but my wool cloth weaving was not, does that mean i lost my cloth or it was never taken out, or was it just placed back in
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait for the torrent of abuse aimed at Dev's when game goes live ! OMG, You mean I have to start again (sob).

you do know that there is no wipe when the game goes live right
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    actually the Zen I purchased with my CC at 9:00 AM EST or around there which is after rollback was all there when I logged in this morning including the boxes I had opened so YES THEY DID ROLLBACK ZEN!

Good for you. Unfortunately, I had some buy orders in the exchange and my legit AD and some Zen are stuck in it until God knows when.
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I love how they tell us that they want to preserver the integrity of the economy, and don't get me wrong, I'm glad those who abused the system got banned. but its strikes me rather odd that there really is no way to ensure the integrity of the Astral Diamond Economy when someone can easily purchase tons of Zen if they desired and flood the market with Diamonds buying items.

I know that not everyone will do this, but again, some rich kid or person **** well can do that if they desired to. In reality there is no way at all that this economy can be preserved when you have a real money market on hand for those to use.

PPL that exploited are not being banned. Its another PR like the 7 hour rollback to "fix" an issue. There have been plenty of mules shown with 100.000.000 AD since rollback.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/324483tryagain.png
  • friarwoodyfriarwoody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, the one day I have for a long time to play - I mean really just sit down and play is the day before this 7 hour roll back. I supported the cause before the alpha and beta testing phases. This is truly saddening. Let me know when this will NEVER happen again and maybe then I will want to play this game again. :(
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alek340 wrote: »
    You are right, I need to give them a chance. Unfortunately I have been trying to connect to the support page all morning and it won't load the page. I'm assuming it's bogged down with a lot of traffic.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. And I'm sure they're getting a more than fair share of people hoping to exploit the clusterfrak, making bogus claims. I wouldn't want to be PW support in the next couple of days/weeks. @_@
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deadalon wrote: »
    PPL that exploited are not being banned. Its another PR like the 7 hour rollback to "fix" an issue. There have been plenty of mules shown with 100.000.000 AD since rollback.

If anyone thinks this is over, just wait until the exploiters drop the AD and items they bought with the counterfeit AD on the marketplace. They will be lucky to find 50%+ of the mules, we could be looking at another AH debacle once they dump all that inventory on the AH.
    edited May 2013
    deadalon wrote: »

Not likely that the image you just shared is post rollback. Notice the four celestial coins? CCs were lost after rollback.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Not likely that the image you just shared is post rollback. Notice the four celestial coins? CCs were lost after rollback.

Not exactly true, I still have 5/7 Celestial coins for some reason.
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

You're wrong. All of mine were present on all my toons. One had a warning that I needed to invocate in about 12 minutes or I'd lose them.
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    If anyone thinks this is over, just wait until the exploiters drop the AD and items they bought with the counterfeit AD on the marketplace. They will be lucky to find 50%+ of the mules, we could be looking at another AH debacle once they dump all that inventory on the AH.

15 years later UO still suffers from a check duping exploit. This will never be over.
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Plenty of ppl did not loose their coins. Depended when they got the last one compared to 7 hour rollback and then downtime.
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Sorry folks, but Ripley was right in Aliens and the 70%+ of people responding to polls on these forums are right too. Nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure.
  • smoletasmoleta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it was talked about here. But what about in game mail? Earlier today I sent a few items to myself and the mail got to me instantly (The message was there) but I had to leave. Now that I'm back, there is no mails there whatsoever besides crappy spam gold sellers messages...
  • ajh101ajh101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do know that there is no wipe when the game goes live right

Seriously ??? If thats the case then I stand corrected and will "Get my coat" !!

I'm used to Beta being... erm Beta !, but if no wipe then I'll join the list of haters ! lol
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Also you can use a program to change the values on your machine to 1 billion AD, doesn't mean it's on server side as well.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Seriously ??? If thats the case then I stand corrected and will "Get my coat" !!

I'm used to Beta being... erm Beta !, but if no wipe then I'll join the list of haters ! lol

if there was a wipe after the so called "Beta" i dont think there would be so many angry people but as of now i can see why so many people are mad
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So, part of the fix was supposed to be removing all the illgotten cats. Why is it that there are hundreds that have been hawked all day in chat on Mindflayer. I was skeptical of this small a correction with such a FUBARed economy. In-game situation indicates that MUCH more action is needed.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You will dig through, to find common questions and answer them here.

So I hope this has been asked loads of times already then.

Why won't you create a new server for people to roll onto and when you merge the other servers, not include the new one, so players actually have a choice, rather than being forced into something.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know when the AH ETA is? My bags are full, and I would like to purchase a pet, but I can't without making a small exchange.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As it stand I will not be playing this game or any cryptic game from this point on, mind you I was really into the sto for what it was worth. But time and time again this company has shown especially after being acquired from PWE that they lack integrity and the balls to do what is right. I am happy I didn't spend money or much time in neverwinter, but I sadly put way too much time in STO and even money so I can understand the anger and frustration. Shame that the devs which I can sympathize with them as human being for the stress that is going on with the current bug one of many that have blown up in their face since the open beta. But I have to wonder if someone or several people on their end just didn't want this bug fix or many others out there that are still being exploited or ones that forced the servers down to be fix earlier this week and last week. Mind you this same bug plagued STO several months ago and it hurt that game economy as well even to this day.

Defend Cryptic if you want but I have no love for company that won't do the right thing and only thinks about short term loss or gain when it comes to making money instead of doing either through a complete wipe or time consuming search thoroughly in logs to clear out all mules and exploiters and such before continuing this fiasco of a game or more to the point economy or lack there of. I feel the people that have lost so much and doing a wipe would be just as painful but I can never in my right mind play a game where the economy is forever inflated thanks to cheaters and the companies unwillingness to look into reports and fix very game breaking bugs like this one. I love to see this game succeed but like other shady game companies the management of this game has to be questioned. Not to say wiping wouldn't drive people away but at lease then people would feel like they were playing a game that was being manipulated due to bugs or cheaters.
    edited May 2013
    lordbane40 wrote: »
    You're wrong. All of mine were present on all my toons. One had a warning that I needed to invocate in about 12 minutes or I'd lose them.
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Not exactly true, I still have 5/7 Celestial coins for some reason.

In that case, that's somewhat more irritating. o_O; Hit or miss loss of coins. I had 6 on my rogue, 5 on my CW, and all were gone when I logged in. >_<
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • xxxxlegolasxxxxxxxxlegolasxxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    You will dig through, to find common questions and answer them here.

So I hope this has been asked loads of times already then.

Why won't you create a new server for people to roll onto and when you merge the other servers, not include the new one, so players actually have a choice, rather than being forced into something.

Because that is a support nightmare; im down for an item/currency wipe, but if i have to relevel, its on to the next game - id be happy logging in naked with 5 gold for vendor gear.

This game is fun, but im already on the fence from losing my sunday progress over an issue that existed in STO.

Character wipe will lose them way more players, than they can afford; i am sure that many, like myself, invested money, and more importantly, time under the stipulation that there would be no character wipes.
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gotta be honest with you, Gropey. They'd lose a whole lot of honest and "law abiding" players if they did a total wipe. Just from my side of the fence every player I run with, all of us 35 years of age + have seriously stated it'd be game over for them if a total wipe occurred. I'd keep playing, but everyone else I run with are clear that they would not. No nerd rage, just stated plain and simple. I think a lot of other players feel the same.

Exactly.

I would be gone if they did a full wipe at this point.

I usually do not choose to post on the forums and avoid them, however, recent events caused me to finally speak up. I've invested a lot of time and energy into the game since it released to open beta, I took the commentary of 'no more wipes' at face value. I expect that to be honored.

I understand that the rollback may have been needed, certain people should have their accounts permanently banned for the exploits. I'd hope they're tracing where those banned accounts have made trades as well to track other people that are guilty (by more than association).

I do believe we should be given something in compensation specific for the invocations - as far as the celestial coins I believe two things should be done. First, I'd like to see everyone awarded with one of the caches gotten for 7/7 coins - OR the 5/5 coin profession pack. Create it as a quest or something so players have a choice between the two (a quest that will only be awarded if the account/character existed prior to the 20th).

Second, please freeze the timer on the celestial coins when there will be -any- down time for the game, preferably reset the timer to 24hrs and award a coin. My reasoning for this is simple - the refresh and new coin awarded would give us something for the down time when it is on short or no notice and for it being so frequent. It would give us a grace period that would keep us from 'losing' anything in game that we may otherwise have progressed on. Doing something similar with ardent coins would be appreciated but obviously is not as needed given that we lose none if we miss invoking within a certain period.

If your coins are missing from the roll back - you likely invoked during the time that was rolled back and refreshing the celestial coins didn't count because of that.

TL;DR: Pause or refresh celestial coins when people log in after maintenance regardless of how long it takes them to log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • bozsebozse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's BETA !!!!

Firstly - Well done Dev's for sorting!

If some of you are STUPID enough to pay real money for Zen in BETA.. Well, other than a Disclaimer maybe required to point out the S word above, serves you right..

WTF ppl.. I hope all the haters do leave.. Let's call it "Natural Selection" :D

Irony overload...
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: What happened?

A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Say, I know that this FAQ says that all this happened starting 'early sunday morning'... but in other places, it's sounds like it's something that had been going on for quite a bit longer than Early Sunday morning... some sources indicate that this was a Glitch that was reported back in closed beta even...

I suppose that I 'could read' the hundreds of posts before this one, but figured, their might be some one willing to just get me up to speed instead... is that right though? that this exploit had been being used for a long time? or, is it like the Q and A said, that it was something just discovered and used on Sunday may 19th?

Thanks.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bozsebozse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wesgar wrote: »
    Say, I know that this FAQ says that all this happened starting 'early sunday morning'... but in other places, it's sounds like it's something that had been going on for quite a bit longer than Early Sunday morning... some sources indicate that this was a Glitch that was reported back in closed beta even...

I suppose that I 'could read' the hundreds of posts before this one, but figured, their might be some one willing to just get me up to speed instead... is that right though? that this exploit had been being used for a long time? or, is it like the Q and A said, that it was something just discovered and used on Sunday may 19th?

Thanks.

It's been around since launch but was made "public" 2-3 days ago and was heavily abused for the last 12-16 hours before they took the servers down.
This discussion has been closed.