test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    ashstahereashstahere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wanna play.......
  • Options
    zefstarzefstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just ordered a G700s Mouse for this game... and taking Friday off.
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Very nice :)
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    pipebombb13pipebombb13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno what to do, i've loved dnd since i was a child from 3rd edition and i really want to play this Wednesday as i have Thursday off work anyway, but dunno if i want to pay over 100 for just early access :S it so unfair my poor head lol.

Does anyone know if they have fixed the Post FX graphic option? When this was enabled in game it made the graphics much more blurry to what it should be. When off its looks sharp :)
  • Options
    ana713ana713 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to play!
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno what to do, i've loved dnd since i was a child from 3rd edition and i really want to play this Wednesday as i have Thursday off work anyway, but dunno if i want to pay over 100 for just early access :S it so unfair my poor head lol.

Does anyone know if they have fixed the Post FX graphic option? When this was enabled in game it made the graphics much more blurry to what it should be. When off its looks sharp :)

Post FX seems to have performance issues in a lot of games. I just leave mine off. It looks far better that way. The only reason it exists is for folks to take benchmarks and brag that they get x-frame-rates with sliders etc. maxed. Visually Post FX has never improved anything for a lot of gamers.
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is what I have been waiting so very long to hear....Alpha testing was a tasty tid-bit of fun.....but I hunger for more please and thank you!! Grats Cryptic ;). Still unsure if I have to buy the game and re-install via digital d-load or an actual disk purchased from a retailer? I understand neverwinter to be free to play but free to actually D-load i havent heard... Or will my Alpha version work for open beta? None the less.....:cool: <
    this guy is super stoked!
  • Options
    stroxuss66stroxuss66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tl73 wrote: »
    This is what I have been waiting so very long to hear....Alpha testing was a tasty tid-bit of fun.....but I hunger for more please and thank you!! Grats Cryptic ;). Still unsure if I have to buy the game and re-install via digital d-load or an actual disk purchased from a retailer? I understand neverwinter to be free to play but free to actually D-load i havent heard... Or will my Alpha version work for open beta? None the less.....:cool: <
    this guy is super stoked!

Alpha version? Were you unable to get in on the weekend testing that took place over the last few months?

Oh, and here is PWE's definition of a Free to play game taken from their support pages: Free to Play, F2P
    Free to Play games, are just that, free! Players do not have to buy anything in order to download, install and play the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stroxuss66 wrote: »
    Alpha version? Were you unable to get in on the weekend testing that took place over the last few months?

Oh, and here is PWE's definition of a Free to play game taken from their support pages: Free to Play, F2P
    Free to Play games, are just that, free! Players do not have to buy anything in order to download, install and play the game.

Oh yes I have been playing Neverwinter as an Alpha tester for a couple months. I was invited to play only one of the beta weekends, not sure which weekend it was. Beta weekend two or three... Alpha test ran usually on Tues, Wed and Thurs for about 4 hours. Ran Gaunt...and a few other dung's. Quested the rest of the time and testing specific content they wanted us to test. So yes I have been playing. Thanks for clearing up the question I had regaurding whether it was gonna be totally free to D-load...I knew it was free to play just didnt know if my Aplha (testing version) was gonna flip to a full playable open beta of which I might have to buy. Some games require you to buy the D-load and then they are free to play with the exception of whatever "real" money you wanted to spend in say....the shop..or online store for said game. Like I said, it was fun and I am totally hooked on Neverwinter. I personally think it stood up to the hype. A lot of neat aspects of the game are top notch. Love the Foundry for instance. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stroxuss66 wrote: »

I should also say that Alpha testing went on before closed beta. And then once closed beta was "live" on weekends....alpha was still taking place mid-week. I believe last Wed was the last test for Alpha before Open beta. ;) <----just to clarify
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> computer: check
    Comfy chair: check
    Automatic dog feeder/walker/pooper scooper: not invented yet
    Healthy snacks: check
    Cleaning done: check
    Get work done: still pending
    Time machine to jump to launch day: not invented yet
    Washing done: still pending

Seems i have much to do :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Baaharhar....Nice! I am just about right there with you rojor.:cool:
  • Options
    joulewinkzjoulewinkz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    do we still need beta keys in order to play on or after april 30? or will it be completely open?

f2p player here -
  • Options
    colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No beta key required
  • Options
    hc40hc40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have my final pathophysiology exam friday and then open beta on saturday. Perfectly timed. A few beers and a guardian fighter, can't wait!
  • Options
    videluxvidelux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suppose it's better that the beta doesn't start for a few more days, now I can study for my finals.
  • Options
    arazus01arazus01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm very excited to try out this game. I have always loved Neverwinter and the lore behind the game. The graphics remind me of older MMOs I used to play (not that they suck just not kiddy like most mmos nowadays). I wish I could afford the founders pack but either way I will wait until the 30th, can't wait!
  • Options
    fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
    rojor wrote: »
    Kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> computer: check
    Comfy chair: check
    Automatic dog feeder/walker/pooper scooper: not invented yet
    Healthy snacks: check
    Cleaning done: check
    Get work done: still pending
    Time machine to jump to launch day: not invented yet
    Washing done: still pending

Seems i have much to do :(

haha i luv it!
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol im on vacation until 27th go figure thats the guardian start date..... looks for a oven to shove head in....

Its for moments like this that I bought a gaming laptop. And they said I was MAD!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kennyfinnkennyfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to this for sure.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Patching up game now....getting ready for go time..... Borussia Dortmund game tomorrow....GO BvB! Before I know it the weekend will be here. A few cold beers (founders porter) in fridge....the game we all have waited for is opening up! Great times a comming.
  • Options
    kevsmegkevsmeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Roll on 17:00 BST - I can't wait no more......
  • Options
    havenrlhavenrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got my game fully downloaded and patched today for the open beta in 5 days time, really can't wait for this game !!
  • Options
    doebluntdoeblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is There a specific Time on April 25th that Founders will be able to log on, as i am currently unable to access.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doeblunt wrote: »
    Is There a specific Time on April 25th that Founders will be able to log on, as i am currently unable to access.

You can find it in this News article: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=873661

Hero of the North Packs get into the game in 30 minutes as of typing this post.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    doebluntdoeblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @xhatch Thank you for the quick responce. Also the information very much appreciated! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Should it say Hero of the north under my name is i purchased the founder pack?
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Gratitude. DLing now...
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Any information about what time the Guardian packs kick in on saturday?
    Should it say Hero of the north under my name is i purchased the founder pack?

check forum User CP >>> PRemission Groups
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    kinderankinderan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WOOOO 20 Mins left.