test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• drezsdrezs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alll here know the bug is exploited more time than 7 hours and what the PWI do is a litle rollback ????
    The economy got broken fix it right now or lose players and a lot of it.
    Many heads around one table and all decided is 7 hours rollback,dont tell me are you thinking on players.
    If its the final decision,good luck to who stay here.Cya in next.
  • nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    These forums are some of the most cynical I have seen. This is a game folks that you do not NEED to pay money for unless you choose to do so. The GF exploits and such do not truly affect you.. and we have been TOLD that they (people that took advantage of those said exploits) will be dealt with harshly, and I think that the 72 hour ban hammer was just the tip of the iceberg.

Demanding things get fixed your way or else... well that is just an entitled role and does not become anyone. The developers are not going to make public exactly what they are doing and taking advantage of the exploits will just land someone in deeper trouble.

What ever happened to to just going out and enjoying a game for what it is instead of taking advantage of something or worrying about what other people are doing in the game what you are not? If someone feels that PvP is not fair because of said exploits. then do not participate in PvP then. I am playing this game because I am having fun!! If you feel it is not fun then find a game that is and play it.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like how PWE is still calling it a BETA and we are testers, yet there's no character wipe when 'live' hits and real world $$$ is still readily being accepted. Also love how the founders got a 5-day 'headstart' for BETA.

Starting to lose patience with PW. They are in full cover-your-*** mode right now. We can only hope they are working on the problem as hard as they are back pedaling on their soft launch. A flaming bag of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is still a flaming back of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> regardless of what you call it.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your paying customers and you will live to regret it. They are making no friends right now with this halfassed fix to an exploit that has been around since closed beta when it actually was supposed to be a test.
  • gullyvuhrgullyvuhr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's disappointing to the people who just lost some of the things they put time in the get, but understandable.

I think the farther reaching problem stems from new players -- myself included, when we ask a simple question: How did something this massive make it into the game this far in the process? Further more, an oddly similar exploit existed in STO at some point, which begs the question about the reuse of code being done without any thought to the fact you were grandfathering forward all the same holes.

I guess my question comes down to: Are there any plans for a new shard? I don't honestly think the full damage done has been realized as the problem with F2P models tends to revolve around how robust the logging is in regards to where the exploit resided, as well as the ease by which accounts can be created and items offloaded and stored. Myself and a few friends paid for the guardian or the north package, or something similarly awesome named -- but I really don't see us logging back in to anything but a fresh world due to just simple experience with MMOs.

Anyway, you have a fun game here; but I think your resolve to offer players what in their mind is an appropriate solution (since you stand firm on a character wipe) is going to either win people over or turn you in the mustached, money grubbing villain (ala Snidely Whiplash) players want Developers they disagree with to be...I think the fact you're accepting real money, while defending problems by hiding behind a "beta" label is a mistake, and one I truly hope you work to rectify.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. They are accepting real $$$ in exchange for in-game services and items. That is NOT something you do in a BETA.

Not sure if I find the response to this exploit to be acceptable. Leaning towards quitting altogether at this point.

What is wrong with the awesome response to this exploit? Oh wait, is this one of the idiots who logged on, realised the whole game had been turned on its head, but carried on playing for 12 hours anyway? Maybe making a few exploit astral diamonds along the way? Then starts to QQ after only just realising that they would have to rollback. Maybe you are one of the people i was arguing with who kept saying "there wont be a rollback, no way", simply because they didnt want a rollback. Ridiculous. If they hadnt rolled back, this game would have died and they would have wasted over 2 years of development for nothing. And if you look at companies like THQ, they simply cant afford that to happen.

I am also completely sick of hearing all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about whether its a beta or not. What difference does it actually make? If they call it a release, does it change anything for any players? NO. If they call it open beta does it change anything for players? NO. Its just a name, it means nothing. They can call it what they like as it is their game, there is no 'BETA' rulebook anywhere that says they can or cant do whatever they like.

Get over yourselves, you are far less important than you would have yourselves believe. If you want to quit, go ahead. Its a few less whiners i have to listen to in zone chat, whinging about how its not an open beta and griping that PW want to make a profit by selling stuff. Seriously, i will golfclap you out of the stands if you want to go. No one will miss a whiner.

NEWSFLASH - How else can they make money in a F2P game????? Especially when all you scrubs will scrimp and save all your in game AD for a few zen to buy things. Then have the brass balls to complain about customer service.

GET OVER YOURSELVES, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR 1st WORLD PROBLEM COMPLAINTS OR OPINIONS. Seriously i am not even joking. If you think they read this forum and shed a tear when some loser says "i am thinking of quitting", then you are sadly delusional, and it makes me actually laugh out loud.

Sheesh. Wake up and smell the coffee. So sick of everyone being negative of anything they can. This BETA argument is the biggest example i have seen.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • morgoymorgoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will you ban the exploiters? These cheaters cost me 4.5 hours of my life I won't get back. Just ban them please.
  • nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    drezs wrote: »
    Alll here know the bug is exploited more time than 7 hours and what the PWI do is a litle rollback ????
    The economy got broken fix it right now or lose players and a lot of it.
    Many heads around one table and all decided is 7 hours rollback,dont tell me are you thinking on players.
    If its the final decision,good luck to who stay here.Cya in next.
    Actually you are assuming that this is the end of what they are doing. Personally I think that this was the least of what they are doing and a 7 hour roll back was not that bad. It took a while for them to get to this point as the problem was so out of hand that a short roll back stopped it a little and returned things to a minor semblance of normalcy. Meanwhile the investigation has not stopped with this roll back and behind the scenes more WILL happen and if someone is exploiting people will pay for it.

Meanwhile why worry about what others are doing and just play the game and have fun?
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    nikmal2013 wrote: »
    The GF exploits and such do not truly affect you..

The GF exploit affects EVERYONE. The GF exploit farmed phat epicz that the entire party rolled on that they in turn sold to hapless buyers for astounding amounts of currency that they did not earn or otherwise have the as-easy opportunity to obtain that item to exchange for said currency. That's a MAJOR exploit that affects the entire community/economy.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nikmal2013 wrote: »
    These forums are some of the most cynical I have seen. This is a game folks that you do not NEED to pay money for unless you choose to do so. The GF exploits and such do not truly affect you.. and we have been TOLD that they (people that took advantage of those said exploits) will be dealt with harshly, and I think that the 72 hour ban hammer was just the tip of the iceberg.

Demanding things get fixed your way or else... well that is just an entitled role and does not become anyone. The developers are not going to make public exactly what they are doing and taking advantage of the exploits will just land someone in deeper trouble.

What ever happened to to just going out and enjoying a game for what it is instead of taking advantage of something or worrying about what other people are doing in the game what you are not? If someone feels that PvP is not fair because of said exploits. then do not participate in PvP then. I am playing this game because I am having fun!! If you feel it is not fun then find a game that is and play it.

I'd go and enjoy the game for what it is, but given theres a whole 3 functioning classes, and so much of the QoL features are gated behind paywalls, it tells me Cryptic only wants you to enjoy th game if you're willing to give them money every 15 minutes.

Hence why they did nothing about the exploit till yesterday. Yesterday was the first time Zen to AD conversion became essentially Pissing ZEN away into worthless currency.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You claim flawed analogies but yet point to none. In both your attempts to point to them, you merely proved you can't read since "Value" your first claim of a flawed analogy was clearly defined in my first post. You say this one is flawed and yet cant point to nothing. Your a petulant little brat who was caught being a little brat, and now rather then fight with facts all you can do is scream liar.

Could you change your AD to cash before the exploit? Were you? If you were, you were violating the TOS and EULA, and thus should be banned and refunded nothing.

You are too pathetic to respond to anymore. So have your last words that I will never read.

in my humble opinion you are far worse then the exploiters, who caused issue. You should run for congress when you move out of mom's basement.

BTW, Paypal make you go to your credit card company now, they no longer due direct refunds. Sorry... good luck
    No worries, i'm using VISA with my Paypal account so i will get my money back:D

Keep it up with the pointless insults and fallacies, it will take you places (though maybe not where you want to go)
  • melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blanchardtech and jn2002dk1... can you take it to PMs please? I don't honestly care if he gets his money back via paypal, I'm really interested in news about the exploit though.

Thank you for considering it.
  • wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Poor fix, o well...
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    MISSING 4000 ZEN

Yep I am missing 4000 ZEN and your customer service website is down or unavailable. When do you expect to have the customer service website backup so I may get my ZEN back as you said all ZEN would be restored.
  • eskimo895191eskimo895191 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    What is wrong with the awesome response to this exploit? Oh wait, is this one of the idiots who logged on, realised the whole game had been turned on its head, but carried on playing for 12 hours anyway? Maybe making a few exploit astral diamonds along the way? Then starts to QQ after only just realising that they would have to rollback. Maybe you are one of the people i was arguing with who kept saying "there wont be a rollback, no way", simply because they didnt want a rollback. Ridiculous. If they hadnt rolled back, this game would have died and they would have wasted over 2 years of development for nothing. And if you look at companies like THQ, they simply cant afford that to happen.

I am also completely sick of hearing all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about whether its a beta or not. What difference does it actually make? If they call it a release, does it change anything for any players? NO. If they call it open beta does it change anything for players? NO. Its just a name, it means nothing. They can call it what they like as it is their game, there is no 'BETA' rulebook anywhere that says they can or cant do whatever they like.

Get over yourselves, you are far less important than you would have yourselves believe. If you want to quit, go ahead. Its a few less whiners i have to listen to in zone chat, whinging about how its not an open beta and griping that PW want to make a profit by selling stuff. Seriously, i will golfclap you out of the stands if you want to go. No one will miss a whiner.

NEWSFLASH - How else can they make money in a F2P game????? Especially when all you scrubs will scrimp and save all your in game AD for a few zen to buy things. Then have the brass balls to complain about customer service.

GET OVER YOURSELVES, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR 1st WORLD PROBLEM COMPLAINTS OR OPINIONS. Seriously i am not even joking. If you think they read this forum and shed a tear when some loser says "i am thinking of quitting", then you are sadly delusional, and it makes me actually laugh out loud.

Sheesh. Wake up and smell the coffee. So sick of everyone being negative of anything they can. This BETA argument is the biggest example i have seen.

Bravo well said!!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really sad when a minority have to ruin things for everybody else. I understand why you had to do the roll back though.

What I'd really like an answer to though, is how did you guys let this happen? I mean, the exact same thing happened in STO with the exchange, so how did you not know how to prevent this in Neverwinter before it go to this stage?
    Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xilprodigyxilprodigy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for rolling me back 6 levels FFS
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what i want to know is why they waited so long, as they knew about it along time ago? they should have locked the ah/ad down weeks ago, someone should monotor accounts with large AD gains in short time. to investigate.. other MMO's do this, its not hard, nor is it a problem to make a program to flag accounts for review..

strange they did not do this, i blame higher up's for letting this slip thru the cracks.. and for not keeping track of who is doing what/when/where.
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • stormymavstormymav Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this is has been a difficult situation for the devs, and it's obvious they have worked non-stop to correct this as best they could. While I can always regain my level, experience, etc., I like others doubt I can reclaim the Heavy Nightmare Mount obtained during that time. It is my hope a way will be found to correct this. If not.... it's doubtful I'll buy any more keys for lockboxes. Just too dangerous an investment now. That being said I still do appreciate the hard work the devs have put in fixing a problem caused by idiots who would rather spend their time ruining the game for everyone rather than playing it.
  • melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've gleaned so far, opening a fourth shard/server however you call it would probably be one of the simplest solutions. People annoyed by the aftereffects could just go and start over there, people with lvl 60 chars could stay or and here's the idea..
    you could offer a character transfer to the new server, but for every character applying for that, you check whether all they have on them was legitimately acquired. That way, you can sift out some more exploiters and mules and regular low-mid-level players can just start over and those who were lvl 60 and completely legit would not lose anything either.
  • sockforum44sockforum44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Your game's economy has been ripped to shreds. There are free accounts (mules) with every ZEN store item just waiting for this to blow over and make a load of AD from honest and exploiters alike.

Start over. Its the only chance you have. If not, I'll take my money back.
  • scarymary1scarymary1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thekomar wrote: »
    2 things:

2) I sure hope the "sorry package" is good. If it's a bunch of party poppers that'd be kind of insulting. I'm talking about a "consume this for 2 levels" item would be nice, because that's about how much I played :P

Nice items for the sorry package would include a respec token, appearance change token, XP bonus token, some high-level enchantments, etc. I hope hope HOPE it's not just identify scrolls and portable alters. That would burn!
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    750$ dollars USD chargeback incoming.

should known playing chinamans game this would happen.

Please Hire more Competent god dam people.
  • rhynkerrhynker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will be done to the celestial coin lost because "i didnt pray yesterday" and the sequence lost because of that?
  • xhanjiraxhanjira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: What about ZEN I spent/transferred after 5:20 AM PDT?

A: You'll have any and all ZEN that you transferred to Neverwinter -- we tracked all transfers during that time and made sure players have the ZEN they should have. If you spent ZEN on items during that time, you'll need to re-buy the items, but you'll have all of that ZEN. No one will lose any money they spent on Neverwinter because of this fix. If you have any issue, please see the customer and billing support contacts below.

I lost the Zen I bought yesterday AND all the founders pack items. I can't even claim my founders pack diamonds that I was promised. It's an insult that two brand new players were punished with a roll back when we didn't even USE the auction house or purchase diamonds. The only reason I had even bought Zen was because I had found a lockbox and needed a key to open it. We know this is beta but preventing people from collecting items legitimately purchased is wrong. Please fix our accounts. I've waited long enough for my Zen as it is and I paid via Paypal. Last night on the forums it showed my account as having a 2k Zen balance, yet today when I log into the game there is zero Zen. Seriously people at least view logs before you assume every new account or player had something to do with your exploit.

We're veteran mmo players who survived many failed launches/betas (that week of being stuck in the backyards because the game hadn't been fully coded yet; the launch of the original Anarchy Online) (the launch of DAoC where there were no dungeons and when they finally did release a dungeon it wasn't itemized so you had no loot) and we have survived character rollbacks (Everquest run by Verant anyone - pre Velious expac) but to actually take away things you have paid real money for is intolerable. Please, please fix this.

We purchased founders packs because we believed in the potential of the game (I had bought Zen because I had found a nightmare box world drop in a dungeon we delved). Now we can't even enjoy any of the items that came with the pack. We waited patiently for a response to this, we finally gave up at 10:30 PM Pacific. All I can say is I hope you permabanned the people that ruined the game and I hope you do actually restore Zen and founders packs to players. If you want proof of my purchases contact me, I will be more than happy to provide them. I paid for products, I expect to receive those products even if they are "virtual".
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the exploit you all fixed was fixed monthes and days after it beens there so basically your screwed us honest players that dont even buy or sell on broker with this F yourself please really.
  • marcynusmarcynus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhynker wrote: »
    What will be done to the celestial coin lost because "i didnt pray yesterday" and the sequence lost because of that?

^this. I had 6 coins, was ready to log on today to get my 7th coin for the package you can buy at seven coins, and i logged in today with 0 coins because my prayer yesterday happened after 5:20 AM. That's basicly a week's worth of progress lost because of a 7hour rollback.
  • murfdredmurfdred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.
    so they treat us as testers, even those who did actually pay money.

let me clarify this :
    As they put this,

We PAYED for being able to TEST game for them.

this is just rude.
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, "a robust thank-you pack" what could this contain that could possibly make up for ~26 lost coins across 5 characters?

Will it be jaw dropping? Hell no, that would work against their money grubbing schemes. So then will it be a slap in the face as some are predicting?

In all reality it's no big deal. At most it's another 6 days of invocations. It's the fact that they're at fault though. Should have fixed the bug months ago when you knew it existed.

What would this "robust thank-you pack" have to contain to make you overlook their incompetence and your coin loss?
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well atm I'm satisfied with the procedure taken. I would hope for my celestial coins back as I had 6 up to that moment and could not get my prize. but I'll wait the solution for it. thanks
  • latymer001latymer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone explain me how can my glory and my 4 lvs lost help in the game economy?
This discussion has been closed.