test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    iszi1iszi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: What about ZEN I spent/transferred after 5:20 AM PDT?

A: You'll have any and all ZEN that you transferred to Neverwinter -- we tracked all transfers during that time and made sure players have the ZEN they should have. If you spent ZEN on items during that time, you'll need to re-buy the items, but you'll have all of that ZEN. No one will lose any money they spent on Neverwinter because of this fix. If you have any issue, please see the customer and billing support contacts below.

BULLCRAP THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. MY ZEN IS MISSING AND I SEE COUNTLESS PEOPLE WITH THE SAME ISSUES!
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    I lost all my celestial coins by praying during the rolled back period. Since they're the only way to get an endgame healer pet and you have to log in daily to earn enough, this bothers me slightly.

me too. they need to keep that from happening. esp when they do a rollback or have long maintenance. some way to freez the ticker on the Cel.coins giving you a longer grace. i lost a ton. very un fair. imo
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHERE DID I SAY YOU BOUGHT A BLOODY CAT ? WHAT SHORT END DID YOU GET? WHAT DID YOU NOT GET THAT YOU WERE PROMISED?

YOU LOST NOTHING and yet you whine PW owes you something? You are a blackmailer and a con-artist. You sir are the reason the reason these exploiters exist. You are exactly like them. Well almost, They have common sense and INT of more the 6.

J H F C, take your mouth off Mommy's *** long enough to read.
    You seem to have anger issues there lol

I'm not conning PWE, they're conning me

I have lost something. My AD from the founders pack, for which i paid real money, is now next to worthless. Since they refuse to do anything about that i demand at least a cat so i'm on par with the dishonest people

Try again and this time take some time to think about what you post and try cutting back on the insults and swear words. It only makes you look like a child
  • Options
    pfuffpfuff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The auctions will expire as normal.
    However, i have several auctions on there with a high bid price.
    I have paid AH Fee to post them, if they don't get a chance to get sold then in fact i'm losing AD because you keep the AH closed.
    How do you expect to compensate this?
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope it was worth it.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    xbostishxxbostishx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the updates
  • Options
    zegilliszegillis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look I agree with the Rollback, but it should be just the astrals that get rolled back from the auction house. Not the leveling, quests progression or astrals from dailys or Items.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    You seem to have anger issues there lol

I'm not conning PWE, they're conning me

I have lost something. My AD from the founders pack, for which i paid real money, is now next to worthless. Since they refuse to do anything about that i demand at least a cat so i'm on par with the dishonest people

Try again and this time take some time to think about what you post and try cutting back on the insults and swear words. It only makes you look like a child

You can't say it's next to worthless as we haven't yet seen what they're doing to balance the economy. When the AH and AD exchange come back up and IF they haven't done anything to fix it, then you can complain about it being worthless.
  • Options
    conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what about the exploiters????

seriously hope a perma ban for them.. i know PWE have perma banned people in other games for less than this..!!!
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

First thing I am going to do once the ZEN/AD Exchange is back online is test the Cat Bug and see if they fixed it.

Oh..they'll have fixed it....just dont forget how it was done, because I wager it's not the only thing in game that will have the same coding...copy/pasting dont you know; and end up the same kind of exploit happening again.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing the amount of cat trading still going on, apparently you didnt fix this.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a level 60 player who "missed" this debacle because I hadn't logged into the game for afew days anyway, all I can say about this mess is just that, it is a mess. I can see the players who have been hit hard by this (the ones who lost levels/items etc) & if I were one of them I don't think this gift bag you have planned would be enough to make me want to stick around. On top of these problems are the people who have clearly exploited the market for weeks now. All we have to take is Cryptics word that these players will be delt with. I just have a feeling that many of these exploiters will escape the hands of justice on this one & the few that are caught & punished will just be token examples for Cryptic to point at and say "Look we did get the exploiters!". And then the damage to the economy has well and truly already been done.

Then if they are going to roll back now, chances are they could do another roll-back for another reason again. Then they might even change their minds and roll-back for launch too. It just leaves players like me thinking is there any point to playing on if there is even the slightest chance that anything I gained etc might be taken away from me in a roll-back. Cryptic really need to re-assure the playerbase after this debacle.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    iyrreneiyrrene Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing could justify a 7 hour loss in progression! It is ridiculous that I wasted my morning on one of my few days off progressing in a game only to wake up to being exactly where I was the previous day. I choose which games to play in my limited spare time and had hoped for better treatment from Neverwinter. It is doubtful that I will continue to play after this fiasco. When will something like this happen again? I am not a big fan of leveling and have no interest in repeating this time and time again.
  • Options
    nootje007nootje007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i really hope my items are still on AH or will be in the mail, all my 400 legit earned drakeseals were in there as in 2 times the drakeseal companion,
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iyrrene wrote: »
    Nothing could justify a 7 hour loss in progression! It is ridiculous that I wasted my morning on one of my few days off progressing in a game only to wake up to being exactly where I was the previous day. I choose which games to play in my limited spare time and had hoped for better treatment from Neverwinter. It is doubtful that I will continue to play after this fiasco. When will something like this happen again? I am not a big fan of leveling and have interest in repeating this time and time again.

The next time something like this will happen is the next time someone finds an exploit to create millions of AD and instead of contacting the devs and leaving well enough alone publicly posts how too do it.
  • Options
    brightnessmanbrightnessman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice, here i was, trying not to use this bug, thinking that they would roll back and everything i worked for would be back to normal.

Then, cheaters lol about this, because all the items they bought on AH is still in their storage. Meanwhile, all the people who sold their items in good faith at normal prices don't have these items or the AD they sold it for ... no sir, it's in the storage of the cheat abusing people ...

nice

not only do they still have the items in bank (rank 8-9 runes, weapons runes, ancient weapons, etc ...), but also their pets (cats are selling like crazy), but also the balance AD they put on the Zen market ...

So lets say u scamed 100 millions (which everybody seemed to have done except me, since they are all loling about it), u put them on the zen market asking for zen at a top price (so u sure to get zen as soon as someone sells some), and there they are ... still there ...

So the roll back happens to suppress the AD from your character account, your lvl, progress ... but does not affect your bank storage or you Zen market ...
    meaning even if i get my items that were on the AH, ppl who bought them will still have them (items duplicated i guess).

i so worked my *** to farm or make nice items, sell them for a regular price, and a cheater is going to have them for free ...

I also did a lot of work to be able to buy a pet, and now everybody owns it ... again for free ...

Rollback did not affect everything, and that is a strong problem !

I'd like this issue answered in the FAQ please
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 2473 Bars at the time of the rollback open a few boxes and got to 2510 bought a Heavy Twilight Nightmare put it on AH and it was bought for 1833000 AD had the mail in my inbox. Logged this Morning, no email with AD, no mount and no bars. Also had A Pheora Pet and other items all in my bids place before the 5:20 AM yesterday all gone. Do you have a claiming email I can post to?
  • Options
    piczypantspiczypants Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: I have another question, where can I get answers?

A: Post it in this thread! We'll dig through to find common questions, and we'll edit this post to include them.

At this point, I feel the most sympathy for the people who have to sort through the trash this forum thread degenerated into trying to actually find anything relevant. I also feel bad for the people in the community who have legit questions and concerns, or who have made valid observations only to have in lost among all the bickering and pointless posturing. I understand people are frustrated. It's a betch of a situation but trying to outsling another person's e-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a thread meant to address and help the community doesn't improve the current state of things. It's just adds to the chaos.

Mew.
  • Options
    doctorfaustus006doctorfaustus006 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Call me simple, but Id rather get a bigger bag then a super fancy or powerful item. Although, if you really want to drop my jaw, give me a cool companion. Doesn't even have to be strong, just fun.

Of course, since none of this was your fault, Id be satisfied with you punishing the abusers. I dont think they should be allowed to get away with having such a negative impact on so many people.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redxvivi wrote: »
    and **** you with your roll back first lose all the time i put into cause your worried about the economy that shouldve fixed itself with the bans.

The economy can't "fix itself".

The bans only remove the accounts involved.

The real problem is the exploited AD still in circulation and the effect they have had, and are still having, on the economy.

The only way to truly "fix" that is a roll back to a point before it was possible to utilize that exploit.

That means a server-wipe.

Without that all they are doing is sticking a small band-aid on an 4 foot long wound.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    gentlemanjim93gentlemanjim93 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Urg! I say!
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when abouts can we expect the AH to return to working order?
  • Options
    fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    TBH untill this fiasco is resolved fully i wont play the game but i a logging in to keep my astral coins etc untill the full ramifications of this are sorted, I still hope for a full wipe as the game cant be a fair playing field for ligit player until all the cats (that have now prob changed hands many times) and ALL the AD that has been duped is removed from the game.

Yes i do have a lvl 60 char and have purples etc but for the sake of the game this needs to be done.
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I wish someone would help me with my banned account.. When do they check emails??
  • Options
    novamournenovamourne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not against the revert, because a couple hours to save tons of harm on the economy is worth it.

I am against celestial coins I lost. I have 3 characters, all of them had 5 or 6 coins and with the revert + the downtime yesterday the coins were reset and I lost an entire weeks worth of saving.

Something should be done about that. Those rune boxes are a great source of starting income or relief to the cost of your lvl 60 character. Losing a weeks worth of a coins on 3 toons is devastating.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You can't say it's next to worthless as we haven't yet seen what they're doing to balance the economy. When the AH and AD exchange come back up and IF they haven't done anything to fix it, then you can complain about it being worthless.
    True but as of right now it's worthless and a 7 hour rollback wont bring it back to the value it was supposed to be because people have been exploiting this for a long time now, it just became public knowledge 2 days ago

I am waiting to see how they handle it but to be completely honest i doubt they'll do anything. We have the rollback and their claim they're banning people. The rollback wasn't nearly long enough to counter the exploits and the bans...well it's a f2p game and i suspect many have already taken counter measures by using mules and mules of mules or sold their AD

What concerns me most is that so far these measures are actually punishing the honest players more than the cheaters and that's why i expect a REALLY nice package as compensation
  • Options
    kreativfkreativf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... Lost 5-6 hours ingame time and some good items. But it could've been much worse.
  • Options
    rayearthwertonrayearthwerton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eu to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> com isso perdi 2 lvl fora 3 itens raros.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So, why are my measly 200k worth of honestly worked for AD still stuck in the DEAD Zen exchange thing? If the feature is disabled until further notice, why don't you release the currency stuck in it? If it was bogus, you would have already erased it so you know it it is most likely legit.

This seems like another half measure on your part, kinda like bringing the game back up without the auction house. I was warned that the AH was the weakest functionality in all these PW games, it turns out those warning were 100% spot on.

And to all those doubters who said no rollback or they can't roll back, you look pretty damned stupid right now.
This discussion has been closed.