What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    matl088matl088 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, the item better have a cat. Considering nearly the whole server has one already.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unscrewed wrote: »
    I understand they don't want to wipe.

- Many players will stop playing.
    - Many players will think they are scammers.
    - This MMO will be over.

They should've just done an economy/item-rollback of 70 hours.
    Sure, people would lose stuff they payed for, etc.
    But at least the game is normal again + you didn't lose progress (exp).

Many players have stopped playing already. And if you think the game is normal again you are delusional...unless having hundreds of mounts, cats, zed and AD out there that was given to players and guilds by the exploiters and is not going to be removed is normal for you.
  • Options
    toodeadtooshittoodeadtooshit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about item drops? Losing a bit of exp would have been no big deal as that would be a flat amount of time. What about the players that lost couple of thousands of gear score because of loot and such. I REALLY hope this item package that you are going to deliver will contain something besides just leveling items.
  • Options
    badwick90badwick90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thas really make me sad :/
    I only can play on sundays.. and this... :/
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This package better have a cat

If it doesn't and you allow all the people who got one from the exploiters to keep theirs it's an instant paypal dispute for me
  • Options
    implodemeimplodeme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally would love to see the exploiter information shared with other game developers and sites like ign that release beta keys. The names, IPs, passwords, etc... anything that can identify them so they are not allowed to participate in betas across the board.

It is one thing to participate in a beta and find a bug or exploit, and then report it, this is what game betas are for. For a person to find an exploit and not understand the difference between finding and abusing an exploit is unacceptable in any game. People try and justify it as 'well the game allows me to do it, so I can' - no that's not the way it works, this is the way my 5 year old behaves sometimes and as a parent I work very hard to explain just cause and repercussions so they can make the right decisions in life.
  • Options
    noathomenoathome Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make Cats untradable , cats were the main currency during the exploit.The rollback was too gentle.Exemple: [Zone] Radicast@prasutagious: WTS cats!! 40g Each i have 30 left

[Zone] Radicast@prasutagious: WTS cats!! 40g Each i have 30 left

[Zone] Radicast@prasutagious: WTS cats!! 40g Each i have 30 left
  • Options
    psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    unscrewed wrote: »
    I understand they don't want to wipe.

- Many players will stop playing.
    - Many players will think they are scammers.
    - This MMO will be over.

They should've just done an economy/item-rollback of 70 hours.
    Sure, people would lose stuff they payed for, etc.
    But at least the game is normal again + you didn't lose progress (exp).

So, if a 70 hour economy/item roll back was/is possible(I have no idea, not big on coding/programming :P) why did they go with a flat 7 hour character wipe? I saw that 70% of a poll showed people wanting a complete wipe. Even though thats only a small slice of the player base, its a good litmus test to the feeling of the community out there. In my opinion this decision may very well lose more players, instead of telling us the truth and treating it as it is..an open beta.. and wiping everything. I know it would suck, but atleast I would know its all fair again, it has been fixed and my money I have payed for the game is not worthless as I feel it now is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    djfloppydjfloppy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO many people whining about them taking the easy way out. Get a grip people and grow up. Use some common sense when it comes to spending RL money on something that is in a testing phase. And be aware that if something goes wrong, the only person to hold accountable is yourself for paying for something that has unknown results. If you knew anything about how an economy works or how technology(software in this case) works you would not be spewing your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The economy will recovery. If you cant see that then you should not be managing your own money in RL. I would love to see you guys being part of a team that spent a huge portion of their personal time off, fixing a F2P game(that is great) and going through a huge set of data logs consisting of AH data, trades and who knows what else. Learn some manners and stop acting like some self righteous know it all kids. Get your pacifiers and go to bed.
  • Options
    m1sgu1d3dang3lm1sgu1d3dang3l Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just my two cents worth here ...
    Like others, I have also been grinding away trying to level in an honest way. Have sold stuff and bought stuff (again, in the honest way), and will also be a little pee'd off having to do this all again ... BUT
    in all honesty, the right thing to do is re-imburse the players who bought zen with real money and do a complete wipe.
    Yes, this will mean that Cryptic / PWE will lose loads of funds from those who have already invested in the game ... but at the same time, will go a long way in showing the community that you strive to provide honest and enjoyable gameplay.
    Believe me, those players who are here for the enjoyment, will be angry, but will no doubt stay with the game, as it will once again be fair to all, without having to compete against exploited items stashed and re-introduced into the game by those exploiters at a later stage. Also, with the small rollback as you have currently done, it is my opinion that you are only shooting yourselves in the foot because honestly, few players have confidence in the economy recovery with the small amount of hours rolled back. Will these players be spending real life money on your game again with the current rollback and insecurity? I think not ... so over time you will be losing much more than if you do the right thing upfront.

Like I said ... just my two cents worth ...

:o
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djfloppy wrote: »
    SO many people whining about them taking the easy way out. Get a grip people and grow up. Use some common sense when it comes to spending RL money on something that is in a testing phase. And be aware that if something goes wrong, the only person to hold accountable is yourself for paying for something that has unknown results. If you knew anything about how an economy works or how technology(software in this case) works you would not be spewing your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The economy will recovery. If you cant see that then you should not be managing your own money in RL. I would love to see you guys being part of a team that spent a huge portion of their personal time off, fixing a F2P game(that is great) and going through a huge set of data logs consisting of AH data, trades and who knows what else. Learn some manners and stop acting like some self righteous know it all kids. Get your pacifiers and go to bed.
    Lets see
    Rambling
    No knowledge of the issues despite claims otherwise
    Ad hominem galore

Yea, you should take your own advice kid
  • Options
    addy1967addy1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    who cares, I will still enjoy the game!!
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to know that you care about others djfloppy, I mean trusting a company to have integrity is just madness I tell you!
  • Options
    bmgropeybmgropey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most players want a wipe...cyptic/pwe is scared of doing what's right and instead I'm sure they're basically just going to hop to gloss this over and move onto their next MMO, NEVER EVER GIVE THIS COMPANY ANOTHER DIME! EVER EVER EVER!
  • Options
    rawsome83rawsome83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This seems like the right thing to do. I approve. Hope you fixed the main problem and caught the culprits, though i'm sure there are plenty othe people who's been abusing this since day one..
    I guess my main concern is the lockbox situation, as i myself spent close to 20 keys yesterday (and before all of this blew up the server, i'm UK time +1). Will I ever get them back, or more importantly the unblieveable stroke of luck i had with the items inside them?

Oh and a tip for the "care package": It should include a title; "Cat-aclysm Survivor"
    Mayor of herp derp town.
  • Options
    thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dez,

Like many here, and just personally speaking, losing a few levels is no biggy to me. If that's what you guys had to do to fix this then rock on. It makes me giggle and grin like a 7 year old knowing you guys brought the big hairy pwn knuckles down on the offending parties. =D
  • Options
    judgeredemptionjudgeredemption Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not have time to blow through 100 pages of text, but I noticed in the FAQ you said all zen would be returned durning this time of the rollback, but during the time of this rollback, I had an auction up for purchase of 3375 Zen at around 1.6 million. That was the vast majority of what I owned. Will that be given back as well? You mentioned a refund of sold Zen, but not Zen up for purchase.
    Why Carry a Crown Royal Bag of dice? Carry the Bottle!
  • Options
    kiumurkiumur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say that the solution is not very pleasant but it is the right one. I hope that the people with the exploit will be banned for ever. What is the point to do something that you know will be fixed. By that way this bunch of people just ****ed it up for all the players in the game. As it was Sunday i managed to get about 8 lvls up and do some many staff that i have to redo now... :(.

I will demand them to be banned!!!
  • Options
    ldicker83ldicker83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

Economic balance and damage mitigation is really important in games like these so it was kind of a necessary evil. Move on.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    You advertised the Founders Pack to be worth $700. By allowing the exploits to go on for weeks, you have allowed the Packs to be devalued to almost nothing. Anyone can buy AD from one of the spammers for $12 per million, so our $200 packs are worth less than $100 now.

What are you going to do about this? Why would anyone ever buy anything from you again when they know the outside third party market will sell them cheaper.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    wefadeawaywefadeaway Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: Celestial Coins were lost as a result of the downtime? What will be done about this?

A: We understand that this is a concern and we are aware of the feedback. Though we may not be able to provide replacement Celestial coins, we are certainly looking into it. As we cannot guarantee replacements, we are ensuring we shortly deliver a robust thank-you pack.

I lost my saved up coins on both my accounts this is not fair. When something is in place that you lose everything if you miss one day it is not fair when you guys take the servers down for a large portion of the day and put in no measures to allow us to keep them. I want my coins not some thank you package, this is such bull****.
  • Options
    thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    bmgropey wrote: »
    Most players want a wipe...cyptic/pwe is scared of doing what's right and instead I'm sure they're basically just going to hop to gloss this over and move onto their next MMO, NEVER EVER GIVE THIS COMPANY ANOTHER DIME! EVER EVER EVER!

Gotta be honest with you, Gropey. They'd lose a whole lot of honest and "law abiding" players if they did a total wipe. Just from my side of the fence every player I run with, all of us 35 years of age + have seriously stated it'd be game over for them if a total wipe occurred. I'd keep playing, but everyone else I run with are clear that they would not. No nerd rage, just stated plain and simple. I think a lot of other players feel the same.
  • Options
    bluemidnabluemidna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've really appreciate how quickly you repaired this major problem and the constant updates you've given us.
    thanks
  • Options
    jaacklajaackla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i lost all my characters
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Far from damage mitigation right now, there is so much fake made ad ot there that was in the economy before the 7 hour rollback it isn't even funny not to even include all those that still have cats and such... to suggest we move on when the matter if far from fix.....
  • Options
    melanducciomelanduccio Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes I really think it is pointless to discuss in forums. As a user, I personally think we have been butt-penetrated with a rake by some losers that exploited and the claim that I hear the most on the forums is "Jeeeee, now they give me bag, jeeeee hope bag has caaaaaat, jeeee, gimme cat in the bag". The damage here is far greater than being refunded with a cat. Also, the point here is not to be somehow refunded (partly yes, but that is just an aspect). We are facing a tweak pretty huge the the economy of the game, which will have increasing importance once you'll be capped. The rollback imho will be just a tiny tiny makeup

So yes, sometimes I feel like we are all unaware monkeys, being manipulated as puppets. Meh.
  • Options
    brightnessmanbrightnessman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice, here i was, trying not to use this bug, thinking that they would roll back and everything i worked for would be back to normal.

Then, cheaters lol about this, because all the items they bought on AH is still in their storage. Meanwhile, all the people who sold their items in good faith at normal prices don't have these items or the AD they sold it for ... no sir, it's in the storage of the cheat abusing people ...

nice
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    On what grounds? I was stupid enough to pay for something that others got for free. Big talk comes from those with little ..umm.. swords...

If you dispute your charge based on the fact others are stealing it, why shouldn't I be, you are worse scum then exploiters.
    Please repeat that in english

If it does mean what i think it does then...

I didn't buy the cat so i wasn't 'stupid' enough to pay for something (are you implying people who supported Cryptic with money so you know, this game can stay online are stupid?)
    Others got it for free because of the incompetence of Cryptic and you're saying i should be ok with that?

I mean really, you can't be that dense can you
  • Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, so im just waking up seeing the rollback here is my question ... where is my 1.470 zen I had on the zen market? its not in any of my chars.. and the zen market is down
This discussion has been closed.