What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe is a must if they wanna keep this game alive, its still beta more new players will still play this game even if the old ones quit due to their account having exploit/bug, so yeah I support full wipe
  • Options
    stormganzostormganzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support the wipe, but i prefer they unlock all the classes features. If this is a beta, and we have to test the classes, we have to test the classes FULLY, and not only a part.
  • Options
    wargasm121wargasm121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe...refund all founder pack AD and lets start fresh.
    Lifetimer Since January 2010
    Real Join Date: August 14th 2009
    Made it to 997 Veteran Days before they handed out the 1000 day rewards to everyone and their mother
  • Options
    voranthir78voranthir78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe at the end of Open Beta, Refund of all spent ZEN and Founders AD
    A clean slate for the official launch would be best for the game in the long term.
    There will be big screaming an whining but i think this needs to be done.
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I only played this game and spent money on the basis of the No Wipe promise. I'm enjoying playing my one character through the single story line. I would not enjoy covering the entire ground all over again. Been there, done that etc. A full wipe and PW becomes a company whose word cannot be trusted and those types of companies don't ever get a slice of my gaming income. I can cut my losses on the $150 or so I've spent already and invest my time and disposable income on one of the many, many good games out there.

And PW know this. It would be commercial suicide to wipe now.
  • Options
    maffe69maffe69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support wipe, but they should wipe everything now because I don't feel like playing this game atm if I know wipe is coming in some day.
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe.

All zen returned to original buyer.

All characters, items and all other character related things deleted.

Foundry quests retained.

At least then we could treat this as a proper beta, and have certainty.
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And PW know this. It would be commercial suicide to wipe now.

It may be suicide not to the way things are going.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A wipe at the end of the Beta period I would not mind, a wipe now I would. Because why play beta at all if all characters are going to get reset every week as every exploit is patched? Also this sets a bad president going forward that all exploits should be fixed with wipes and I'd rather not play an MMORPG like that.

A wipe at the end of Beta would mean that these things happening now would get wiped. However I would also like "something" for being a beta player who actually played the game legitimately, even if that is just a few vanity items or what not in case of such a wipe.

I voted no for the reason that a simple wipe at end of Beta is more suitable and to leave it at just that. Naturally refunding spent ZEN would go hand in hand with that.
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Majority poll completely ignored lol Sadly MMO's are not a democracy.
  • Options
    tuckerboy001tuckerboy001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want a full wipe. If not start a new server where ppl that want to wipe can start over. Give ppl back their Zen and packs if they wipe all, and start new on the new server.
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never been involved in a Beta test Open or otherwise that didn't involve a complete character wipe before the game was released as live. Problems like we've been experiencing are usually the reasons behind the wipe to make sure no exploits etc are being carried over to the live game, although some bugs graphical or otherwise usually are. I do appreciate that the team behind this game have stated on numerous occasions that a wipe would never happen.

As a gamer I would offer this piece of advice to them bite the bullet and do a full wipe at the end of open Beta. Its not a bad thing to admit you are wrong and learn from the experience. As long as people who have invested money into the game get the items back or have there Zen reimbursed nothing has been lost. We're here to test the game, we're here to break it (which by the looks of it a lot of people have!). I signed up to test the game and I have been doing this, which is also why I haven't spent any money yet.
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »
    I've never been involved in a Beta test Open or otherwise that didn't involve a complete character wipe before the game was released as live. Problems like we've been experiencing are usually the reasons behind the wipe to make sure no exploits etc are being carried over to the live game, although some bugs graphical or otherwise usually are. I do appreciate that the team behind this game have stated on numerous occasions that a wipe would never happen.

As a gamer I would offer this piece of advice to them bite the bullet and do a full wipe at the end of open Beta. Its not a bad thing to admit you are wrong and learn from the experience. As long as people who have invested money into the game get the items back or have there Zen reimbursed nothing has been lost. We're here to test the game, we're here to break it (which by the looks of it a lot of people have!). I signed up to test the game and I have been doing this, which is also why I haven't spent any money yet.

Will I get my Zen purchases, my Founders Pack refunded and the many hours of time I've invested? If not - No Deal.

They committed to No Reset. It was on that basis I spent my time and money. That commitment is completely non-negotiable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Will I get my Zen purchases, my Founders Pack refunded and the many hours of time I've invested? If not - No Deal.

They committed to No Reset. It was on that basis I spent my time and money. That commitment is completely non-negotiable.

Ok lets just roll it back to start of beta then!

We have already had a partial wipe, now we are just arguing over sematics.
  • Options
    dboskodbosko Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most of them would probably be freeloaders and exploiters, big loss.

Ha "freeloaders". Guess that's fair, but just so you know we call you "suckers".
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its not up to me buddy, but this is a beta test not the final release of the game. Speaking personally I understand about the amount of time invested so far, I've put in quite a bit of time myself. But I refuse to put in any money into a game that's in the Beta stages.

It has been known for games in the Beta stages to be pulled from development completely. Look at what happened to Diablo 3 when it got slated at a Blizzcon a few years back, it was pulled from development and completely reworked as people testing it said it sucked.

It is imo a bad idea to a) make the statement that it would not be wiped and b) to open the store.

Gsundered11 I understand where you're coming from and why you and a lot of other people would not want a wipe and why you guys are very annoyed at the mere suggestion of it (at least thats the way you've come across to me in your post anyways).
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At minimum they should open a post fix server and allow people who spent zen on the other servers to refund their zen back. A 7 hour roll-back for a problem which has existed since release.
  • Options
    kileragentkileragent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Full wipe
    2. Take time to sort out problems, then open game to public when.
    3. Add new char (^_^) and we will forgive you :D lol
  • Options
    arcadioxarcadiox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe, please.
  • Options
    prolagaprolaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe.
  • Options
    yahochiiyahochii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    French users support full wipe too !
  • Options
    deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work over 80 hours per week. I sat down yesterday and played 3 hours just to find out that it was for nothing. Just not acceptable and Cryptic has just proven how unprofessional and incompetent the team of devs really are. Not only do I not support any rollback that effects character levels. I will not be bothering with this game again. And I will do my part to let others know how badly the game is managed.

They SPECIALLY said yesterday that they would NOT be ROLLBACKS

Total disgrace of a game.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone voting yes should be banned from the game. The very idea that ***I*** should be punished for someone else's actions is beyond MORONIC.

Someone did something wrong? Ban them and remove their AD from the market.

YOU don't think that's good enough? Ask for a new shard and go re-roll on it. I will not lose a MONTH of game playing because little Johnny wants everything exploited.
  • Options
    dblacksedblackse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Why a wipe won't work.
    Any game not in maintance mode gets updates
    updates can contain bugs
    bugs can be exploited
    sometime in the future you'd be asking for a wipe again.

Those are all reasons why a wipe won't fix future problems....And that's a slippery slope logical fallacy

Given the severity and magnitude of the recent one(s) a wipe is worthy of consideration, and IMHO would be a good thing.
  • Options
    caredencareden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huge amount of hours spent playing but I do support a full wipe.
  • Options
    ghentorghentor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    70% Support wipe .. PWE Wake up
  • Options
    deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    careden wrote: »
    Huge amount of hours spent playing but I do support a full wipe.
    Huge amount.... 7 hours.

I played 3 hours and I have 80 hour work week to take care off as well. I expect a RPG game based on levels and items to NOT PUNISH normal players that are trying to play the game when others are cheating. No dam "Thank You Pack" will change that. Total and utter disgrace of a dev team that says one thing - but then does another.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at Least with the rollback we learn that Cryptic CAN refund all Zen to proper account (as many have said before) so if there was a wipe, then all zen purchased will revert to the owner. The problem is that now with a roll back, I don't see a wipe now since they did contemplate it, but went with a rollback instead.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »
    sucked.

It is imo a bad idea to a) make the statement that it would not be wiped and b) to open the store.

But they did and AFAIC that is the end of it. A deal is a deal. Any solution to any problem that does not end up with me having a character with the same level, gear score and all the other stuff I now have means I'm a permanently gone PW customer. I'd settle for just the character, full refund of all zen and AD I've ever spent and earned, a ****-ton of extra AD to spend in the AH on items I own and a couple of full respecs. What isn't acceptable is having to replay to get back to the current position. If i'm going to play a game I'll be playing something new.

PW do seem to realise this though. I don't think they are contemplating a reset. The publicity would kill the game stone dead for prospective customers and leave a giant, lasting stain on their reputation.

'Ah - PW - that's the company that took everyone's money and then renaged on their promise not to reset characters right? Oh you promise not to reset THIS time? Yea, right. Elder Scrolls it is then.'

They've made this bed, they got to find some way of lying in it now.
  • Options
    uhivrauhivra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13k gs 200 hours played, still support a wipe. OR maybe a new shard that wont be merged with the other shards when they go "live" launch
This discussion has been closed.