Comments

• ceastaceasta Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a full wipe
    ^ I support a full wipe

^ I and 70% of the rest support a full wipe
  • dev6dev6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all these economic idiots who say that the market will "balance" out through price increases. That is only partly true. Yes the prices would go up to compensate for the extra currency in the game, but it will only hurt those who didn't do the exploit. Example: ( I will keep it small so your brain doesn't hurt) If you have 1000 players and 1,000,000 AD (and there should only be 100,000 AD on the server), but only 100 players account for 900,000 of the total amount. The remaining 100,000 (assumption) divided among the remaining 900 players would be approximately 111 AD per player. Now take the price of an item that normally sells for 100 AD on the auction house. Now that same item will cost 1,000 AD to account for the imbalance in currency available. Those who didn't use the exploits would be unable to purchase the item due to inflated prices. Those who cheated wouldn't care, because they had a lot of free game currency to spend. In the mean time, those who played by the rules and tried to enjoy the game, would be at a disadvantage for equipment to properly outfit their characters, while the cheaters could easily pass them by, until this magical equilibrium that you think would magically appear.

Cause and effect - Those who didn't cheat, and especially those who lost real money due to any wipes, rollbacks, or devaluation of the currency they hold, would become jaded and potentially quit playing (at the very least stop spending real money for basically nothing). Cryptic devs need to grab their ears and pull up really hard to remove their heads from dark places, and those who have posted about finance, economics, and currency valuations who obviously do more talking that learning, need to zip their CO2 emitters (preferably permanently).
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    funny considering over twice as many people voted "yes" to the wipe than voted "no"

apparently NOT wiping would cause PWE to lose more players.

try using your brain for once in your life. you might like it.
    I throw out polls with tainted sample sources, multiple accounts for the same person, limited sample size ext. That poll is worth a politicians promise.
  • weaponguy117weaponguy117 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forgive me for being oblivious, but i really do not understand what is going on. Why do some people want a wipe? do they want all characters to be removed, with everyone having to start from lvl 1 again?
    thanks, and please reply
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dev6 wrote: »
    For all these economic idiots who say that the market will "balance" out through price increases. That is only partly true. Yes the prices would go up to compensate for the extra currency in the game, but it will only hurt those who didn't do the exploit. Example: ( I will keep it small so your brain doesn't hurt) If you have 1000 players and 1,000,000 AD (and there should only be 100,000 AD on the server), but only 100 players account for 900,000 of the total amount. The remaining 100,000 (assumption) divided among the remaining 900 players would be approximately 111 AD per player. Now take the price of an item that normally sells for 100 AD on the auction house. Now that same item will cost 1,000 AD to account for the imbalance in currency available. Those who didn't use the exploits would be unable to purchase the item due to inflated prices. Those who cheated wouldn't care, because they had a lot of free game currency to spend. In the mean time, those who played by the rules and tried to enjoy the game, would be at a disadvantage for equipment to properly outfit their characters, while the cheaters could easily pass them by, until this magical equilibrium that you think would magically appear.

Cause and effect - Those who didn't cheat, and especially those who lost real money due to any wipes, rollbacks, or devaluation of the currency they hold, would become jaded and potentially quit playing (at the very least stop spending real money for basically nothing). Cryptic devs need to grab their ears and pull up really hard to remove their heads from dark places, and those who have posted about finance, economics, and currency valuations who obviously do more talking that learning, need to zip their CO2 emitters (preferably permanently).

Wow, that sounds just like real life where the 1% hold 99% of the wealth in the country.
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    I throw out polls with tainted sample sources, multiple accounts for the same person, limited sample size ext. That poll is worth a politicians promise.

And we obviously know everyone who plays the game is active on the forums at all times.
    edited May 2013
    guruchaz wrote: »
    The problem now with wiping the servers is that those who already spent money on the Founder's Packs and anything costing Zen would be totally screwed out of their items and money...unless they keep a record of everything each player purchased and also restore that.

You can't open the Zen shop and then just wipe out everything people bought.

Why not? It's only BETA (at least that's what I hear people saying a lot to cover majors flaws in the game).
  • cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do NOT do a complete WIPE + Zen Rollback I am OUT. \edit I have level 60 characters too.

There is no confidence in a game where you play next to exploiters that get to keep there exploited money.

F%&^ you Craptic and a CRAPTASTIC WORLD Entertainment.

If 20% of people in the US suddenly had Bill's Gate's wealth the US would be a s%$^ hole that no one would wanna go to.
  • guruchazguruchaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forgive me for being oblivious, but i really do not understand what is going on. Why do some people want a wipe? do they want all characters to be removed, with everyone having to start from lvl 1 again?
    thanks, and please reply

Yes. Someone found a way to exploit the auction house and ruin the economy. However, if there's a wipe, they need to return every piece of Zen and every item in the Founder's Packs to each individual who purchased them.
  • vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »

by your logic,
    i could say that every single "no" vote was the same person using multiple accounts.

face it, the majority of PAYING players are forum-goers, or at least have visited the forum since the downtime started. and the majority of people who are visiting this forum are voting "yes" to a wipe. if PWE is making it's money from PAYING players and PAYING players want a wipe, then PWE is losing absolutely nothing by giving us a wipe. in fact, it will restore faith in many of their PAYING players which will encourage them to pay more.

just because you dont want it doesnt mean it's not true.

idiot.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was confirmed that your ZEN would be wiped, and a lot of rage in this thread is in that area...and proof on no character wipe?

I'm not being rude or anything, but I need proof that an MMO would not wipe its characters on beta...since every MMO does?

LINKS PLEASE FOR PROOF!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Auction-House-Offline&p=3392052&viewfull=1#post3392052 5:15 PM update. It's in the sticky posts, so I can understand how you might be able to miss it, all things considered.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    Wow, that sounds just like real life where the 1% hold 99% of the wealth in the country.

Very similar. I despise liberal psychosis, but trickle down economics (read - "poverty") doesn't work.
  • omnicorebrett2omnicorebrett2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks, and please reply

No one wants the wipe per-say; They want this issue resolved...and a wipe is a more effective way to do it (no ANYTHING for ANYONE = no one still has any benefits from the exploit)

It's not a very good idea; But I look forward to the amount of people power-leveling in every zone if it does...GROUP UP FOR MOBS, YES? :P
    edited May 2013
    by your logic,
    i could say that every single "no" vote was the same person using multiple accounts.

face it, the majority of PAYING players are forum-goers, or at least have visited the forum since the downtime started. and the majority of people who are visiting this forum are voting "yes" to a wipe. just because you dont want it doesnt mean it's not true.

idiot.

It also doesn't mean they're going to get it. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Auction-House-Offline&p=3392052&viewfull=1#post3392052
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    by your logic,

face it, the majority of PAYING players are forum-goers, or at least have visited the forum since the downtime started. and the majority of people who are visiting this forum are voting "yes" to a wipe. if PWE is making it's money from PAYING players and PAYING players want a wipe, then PWE is losing absolutely nothing by giving us a wipe. in fact, it will restore faith in many of their PAYING players which will encourage them to pay more.

just because you dont want it doesnt mean it's not true.

idiot.

So I assume you have access to all ip logs and account history to know all this info? Otherwise you are just assuming everything you just said.
    edited May 2013

which means PWE will be losing customers by not giving us the wipe, which was the entire point of my entry to this discussion.

good job confirming my point.
    edited May 2013
    which means PWE will be losing customers by not giving us the wipe, which was the entire point of my entry to this discussion.

good job confirming my point.

Peace out? Don't know what to tell you. I only paid for content in this game after they said there would be no more wipes. I expect to have that promise honored, or I would have either waited for the official launch, or went on doing other things.
    edited May 2013
    So I assume you have access to all ip logs and account history to know all this info? Otherwise you are just assuming everything you just said.

except for the fact that a lot of paying customers have created their own threads saying that not wiping will be enough to make them stop playing, and i myself am a paying customer who wont want to play if they dont wipe...

READING IS SO HARD OMG HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT?!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To those that think I count no votes, I don't the entire poll is faulty, my opinion on numbers is from talking to people I know, many of whom never touch the forum. Is that more valid no but I never made claims about the numbers here, it obvious many are going to leave either way. But here's the thing either group leaving means cryptic loses and so does everyone that wants to play the game. There are no good solutions. That said they've said over and over and over and over and over again that they will not do a character wipe.

PS I report every post with an insult in it that I read.
  • pinksock1pinksock1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zzzz this is awful
    edited May 2013
    Peace out? Don't know what to tell you. I only paid for content in this game after they said there would be no more wipes. I expect to have that promise honored, or I would have either waited for the official launch, or went on doing other things.

oh that's right, because if they did a wipe you'd lose everything you paid for.

oh wait, EVERY SINGLE F2P MMO THAT HAS INTRODUCED ITS CASH SHOP IN BETA HAS RETAINED THE CUSTOMERS PURCHASES AFTER LAUNCH WIPES.

are you actually mentally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or are you just trolling?
    edited May 2013
    except for the fact that a lot of paying customers have created their own threads saying that not wiping will be enough to make them stop playing, and i myself am a paying customer who wont want to play if they dont wipe...

READING IS SO HARD OMG HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT?!

Reading is so hard? Well then you'd no they are not and will not wipe the game or characters. So all your neat poll numbers mean nothing. Which also means all the paying customers and yourself mean nothing to them.
    edited May 2013
    oh that's right, because if they did a wipe you'd lose everything you paid for.

oh wait, EVERY SINGLE F2P MMO THAT HAS INTRODUCED ITS CASH SHOP IN BETA HAS RETAINED THE CUSTOMERS PURCHASES AFTER LAUNCH WIPES.

are you actually mentally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or are you just trolling?

I'd lose everything I worked for once I started. Including profession items from boxes from keys that I also purchased. They won't be refunding that, or the time I spent leveling professions out of game while I had to actually work. I realize that having 24 hours a day to play means that time doesn't mean much, but I don't have it. I shouldn't have to hope I get back what I've earned legitimately because somebody else couldn't do it, or wouldn't do it.
  • warpuppy001warpuppy001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I play this game by myself because I enjoy it. I leveled by myself and had fun. I have a lvl 60 as well and have spent alot of RL money on Zen to buy LOTS of keys, but so long as I was compensated for the Zen I bought I agree a total wipe should occur. I don't mind I have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear as I play alone and am unable to buy anything on the AH as it's way to high in price to purchase anything so I say if a wipe is what's needed then go for it.
  • blacknesswithinblacknesswithin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd lose everything I worked for once I started. Including profession items from boxes from keys that I also purchased. They won't be refunding that, or the time I spent leveling professions out of game while I had to actually work. I realize that having 24 hours a day to play means that time doesn't mean much, but I don't have it. I shouldn't have to hope I get back what I've earned legitimately because somebody else couldn't do it, or wouldn't do it.

I agree with this, what about all those hours spent to upgrade professions? That is probably the biggest reason i don't want a wipe.
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I poopsocked a bunch when the game started open beta to get ahead on AD with the competition. I would dislike seeing that go to waste but I haven't logged on today to see how much the AH is messed up. I can say what I definitely don't want to see is Foundry/Zen payers who fell for AH mark ups to just get a reset or whatever. If the market is really messed up then the 1.5mil or so I earned through AH manipulation isn't going to be worth anything anyway so that doesn't really matter. However it was a lot of work/luck and I was ahead in plenty of people who spent money on the game. I think a straight up reset would inflate the AH a considerable amount.

I am up for it if it wipes everything except zen buys that don't effect the economy.
    Foundry pack is fine, respect tokens are fine, mounts and consumables are fine
    Profession packs, keys are not.
  • voodoofrostvoodoofrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I play this game by myself because I enjoy it. I leveled by myself and had fun. I have a lvl 60 as well and have spent alot of RL money on Zen to buy LOTS of keys, but so long as I was compensated for the Zen I bought I agree a total wipe should occur. I don't mind I have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear as I play alone and am unable to buy anything on the AH as it's way to high in price to purchase anything so I say if a wipe is what's needed then go for it.

PERFECTLY said.
    ign: Samedi
    TR, Beholder Server
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, since they repeatedly said there would be no wipes doing one now would go over like a ton of bricks with many players. Especially those that don't follow the forums or other media outlets related to the game and wouldn't really know or understand the reson for it.

It isn't that I'm against a wipe it is just I think overall it would do more damage to the game unfortunately. What should happen is those that did take advantage of this exploit receive a perma ban.

They could always open a new server for those that would prefer to start over with a new community and have said community start from after this whole affair. Preferably one where at higher level you don't have to complete the same skirmish or dungeon fifty times to get some AD >_>
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Prefer a full wipe of all AD and ban to exploiter
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • wizardgodmerlinwizardgodmerlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipes fix nothing and only punish those who don't cheat. A cheat will just find a way to circumvent and cheat again. This is a business people, they will fix it at least cost to them while trying to nail the cheaters to the cross and leave the innocent out of it all.
This discussion has been closed.