djfloppydjfloppy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Lets see
    Rambling
    No knowledge of the issues despite claims otherwise
    Ad hominem galore

Yea, you should take your own advice kid

Ooooo "Ad hominem" your a smart guy huh?? You claim that I have no knowledge of the issue. The knowledge needed to make a comment on this problem is so readily available. All other posts with the exception of very few are actually stating any facts or anything that makes sense. Like I said earlier, go to bed little boy and don't forget your blankie.
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    djfloppy wrote: »
    SO many people whining about them taking the easy way out. Get a grip people and grow up. Use some common sense when it comes to spending RL money on something that is in a testing phase. And be aware that if something goes wrong, the only person to hold accountable is yourself for paying for something that has unknown results. If you knew anything about how an economy works or how technology(software in this case) works you would not be spewing your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The economy will recovery. If you cant see that then you should not be managing your own money in RL. I would love to see you guys being part of a team that spent a huge portion of their personal time off, fixing a F2P game(that is great) and going through a huge set of data logs consisting of AH data, trades and who knows what else. Learn some manners and stop acting like some self righteous know it all kids. Get your pacifiers and go to bed.

What you imply is frightening. Integrity used to be commonplace, and is the key to true earned success and longevity, not finding the easiest path, or ways to cheat the system. Many of us are "old-timers" here having played D&D as teens, and were excited about this iteration of the Gary Gygax legacy, which is enduring BECAUSE the man and his products had integrity... I'm sure you would choose to buy a car from a manufacturer that didn't give a hoot about customer satisfaction, or quality. I see now that it's a lost cause on some.
  • Options
    everunlivingeverunliving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you wiped more than 7 hours, ive lost alot of AD i spent an purples and 9 levels, and even if you ban the players its f2p all they are going to do i make another free account and most are bragging on other forums you not found there mule account with thousands of Zen and AD, what a complete shambles! sorry for the rant but mine an many others confidence in this game is gone

this is just one of the exploters in this link who made thousand from this and it wont be the last time either
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djfloppy wrote: »
    Ooooo "Ad hominem" your a smart guy huh?? You claim that I have no knowledge of the issue. The knowledge needed to make a comment on this problem is so readily available. All other posts with the exception of very few are actually stating any facts or anything that makes sense. Like I said earlier, go to bed little boy and don't forget your blankie.
    Awww cute, more ad hominem

Get back to me once you have something sensible to say (or at the very least understand the irony of your second post)

Be cool, stay in school
  • Options
    jmravesjmraves Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uhg, i spent my free time to level up my 2nd char even though i have other things to do, it makes me feel bad... but receiving a pack should be great, i just want to ask 1 thing... i still have AD left in the zen-AD exchange balance and its currently locked right now so i dont know if its lost or what, i just need some assurance.. thanks
  • Options
    kengulnarkengulnar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish I had known about this bug when the game launched... these people have been scamming free AD's for a LOT longer than 70 hours.. this rollback solves nothing
  • Options
    jstncheney1jstncheney1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing against this company. I actually don't know a lot about you guys. But when I see that the characters are being reverted I just see laziness. Instead of fixing the exploit, tracing the expoit to its core. Funny thing about this is the guy hasn't even been caught from recent threads I've seen. Which means the AD hasn't been found. Which also means that this exploit has probably been going on for awhile. So you guys are reverting.... I'm pretty sure this means the ad is just going back to his accounts? Not saying that's how it is going to work. I'm just trying to understand the laziness of fixing this issue . Also... another funny part is the fact this was my most productive weekend for leveling. I would rather see a video of the developer apologizing about this ridiculous rollback.
  • Options
    kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Sweet. Lost my t1 hat I sold for 200k diamonds.
    Just wonderful.
  • Options
    vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where are my celestial coins? Your rollback hit my timer.

Also where's my gift that you promised me?
  • Options
    doozledorfdoozledorf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my characters are older than 5/19/13, yet they have been deleted? why?
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, English..

YOU'RE A RIGHT BLOODY IDIOT THAT HAS NO GROUNDS FOR ANY DISPUTE. Which by the way, if you are threatening one, unless you have grounds, they would now have the right to terminate your account until the dispute is settled. God I wish PW had the balls.

PW left the door to the bank vault open admittedly, but you are asking for a refund when all you lost was "value" on a valueless item? You still have the item, it is still exactly what is was before the roll back. There isn't a sane man, woman or child alive that believed anything in either founders pack was worth half what they claimed it to be.

It's a fricking game ... Go whine to mommy and come back when you grow up.
    Once again, since you utterly fail at basic reading comprehension, i didn't buy a cat

Read that line again and again until it sink in

The issue here is that honest players get the short end of the stick in this 'fix' while people who took advantage of the exploit gets ahead
    That is not acceptable to anyone who isn't a complete fool so if they don't remedy this yea i will dispute my paypal charges, get my money back and laugh while they ban my account that i don't intend to play at that point anyway

Oh and they can go right ahead and ban me for threatening to do a dispute. At this point is clear they're going to punish their honest customers while letting cheating scum go free so it's no big loss. I'll still get my money back
  • Options
    pyn0pyn0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would wipe.
    Wipe the servers and re-issue everything bought with money: Founder's packs, Zen, all of it.

This would reset economy to pre exploit values, i.e. fix the damage, not simply tourniquet and forget it.

People are quitting over this anyway, let's start over !
  • Options
    kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    pyn0 wrote: »
    I wish they would wipe.
    Wipe the servers and re-issue everything bought with money: Founder's packs, Zen, all of it.

This would reset economy to pre exploit values, i.e. fix the damage, not simply tourniquet and forget it.

People are quitting over this anyway, let's start over !
    and them even more would quit
    great idea there
  • Options
    melanducciomelanduccio Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is also true that the percentage of people reading and writing on the forums is a tiny tiny tiny amount compared to the actual mass of players, who, most likely, won't care that much, if they'll get nice fancy items in their refund bag.

Kinky stuff, but true, unfortunately
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    [/B]
    Q: Celestial Coins were lost as a result of the downtime? What will be done about this?

A: We understand that this is a concern and we are aware of the feedback. Though we may not be able to provide replacement Celestial coins, we are certainly looking into it. As we cannot guarantee replacements, we are ensuring we shortly deliver a robust thank-you pack.

This better be a **** good thank you pack because my main had 6 Coins and my 24 Rogue had 5...that's 6 days worth of progress lost...I really needed those 7 day packs for Fusing ******!
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So....
    It's just the exploit that occurred over the weekend? ...nothing to do with the other exploiting? I guess that means that the other was fine?

*chuckles*.....I didnt even log in this weekend, havent for ...4 days now and I quit because exploits werent being addressed. I hate to think how wide spread and obvious this one was to pull a response from PWE. I came here this morning because my kid is still playing it and wanted to know why the servers were down yesterday.

Glad to see that Neverwinter did nothing to assuage my distaste for F2P games.
  • Options
    ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about all the players that dont belive you have fixed or ever will fix the economy with this "so called" rollback, we all know the bug have been there since close beta, and from that day the system was exploited, and the whole economy is just in ruin from it...

We had polls that showed 60% and 70% of the voters wanted a complete wipe.
    Are you just going to ignore your comunity and what they want? why cant you set up a new server for the players that know that you havent fixed the economy or fixed the other exploites that have been in the game so far?
    A rollback is like a slap on the wrist... it a complete joke, and frankly an insult to our intelligence that you think this will help fix the problem,

i want a new server and im not alone in this the polls on your forums show that, we want a clean server that is free from the corruption that have been going on since open beta!
  • Options
    laurelionlaurelion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Hi there,

What if I have Legit AD in Zen Acct at the time will you revert those to me? I have also purchased a Heavy Twilight Nightmare with legit Zen converted to AD. I don't think you have given me back the Zen and AD in my account or the item.

P.S. I love the game and will continue to support it, but a few rotten eggs should not ruined the experience of the majority.

Thank you in advance for any help you can render.
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People on Reddit claim that they reported this very bug in closed beta, and nothing was done about it. I believe them because I've reported plenty of other bugs myself that remain unfixed. For example Drake seal vendor selling no off hand dagger instead sells two copies of the MH dagger, one with a offhand price.

It shouldn't take several weeks to fix something like that, you just don't care about it until it ruins your profits somehow.
  • Options
    kapamrou13kapamrou13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry i work and do my master's degree and only play on weekends you are telling me that all the levels i took last night are lost? :( Why to be punished for the actions of few??
  • Options
    gentlemanjim93gentlemanjim93 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda ruined this game for me, lost everything that really mattered, like 3 gold i used to buy my horse "sir clippity" who is now gone, i cant buy back, and miss dearly :( Also 8 levels of progress... and 10,000 diamonds.. thanks whiny nerds!!!
  • Options
    moonbamoonba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    What happens to people that used legit AD to buy Zen in an exploit-abused server ?

They had very bad deal due to the economy that has been damaged for more than just sunday.

Since the whole economy issue can be pinned on this now-public AD exploit, I'd like to know what Cryptic will do about the victims of the damaged economy. Real money is implied here.
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Early sunday morning three weeks ago, maybe. Yesterday at least hundreds of people abused it, but some have used it since closed beta.
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I lost all my celestial coins by praying during the rolled back period. Since they're the only way to get an endgame healer pet and you have to log in daily to earn enough, this bothers me slightly.
  • Options
    bracketcrowleybracketcrowley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, just a quick question. I've seen people talking about roll forwards and I can't find a decisive answer without being met by a pile of trolls, so I thought I'd come to the source. Are characters getting rolled forward a thing, or is everything as is? I lost a lot, but I don't mind working to get it back, just wanted to know if there was a chance :D
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    I lost all my celestial coins by praying during the rolled back period. Since they're the only way to get an endgame healer pet and you have to log in daily to earn enough, this bothers me slightly.

Celestial coins aren't used for the pet, Ardent coins are, you lost one maybe two due to the rollback and downtime.
  • Options
    bloodboltbloodbolt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks you for making a rollback

If anyone is whining about the rollback find the suckers that used the exploit and not the ones that had to act because of it
This discussion has been closed.