test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    kethronkethron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of the few crappy items in this 'apology pack' i'd rather have the 8-10 hours of my life back, but since you couldn't afford that..... You better make sure there are some damned good XP boost, AD boost, a few thousaand zen and a damned fine mount in that 'apology pack' ;)
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mirimero wrote: »
    servers are up!
    confirmed. They are up! Gogogogogogogogo
  • Options
    whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Fair solution, but still i doubt that gift packs with be worth all that purple gear that i got from dungeon delves, and even one nightmare lockbox key that i get from trading on honor - no way i will be that lucky to again find people who needs items for honor in exchange on keys. But still i know that it's the best way to not let hackers to use money earned via exploits.

But you can really make a good gift to all fair players who ignored the abuse and tried to play as intended - fix that bug that not allowing party leader to make an open party to invite new people into the dungeons! Leavers make us loose even more, then hackers - we lost days and weeks because someone leaves in the end of the dungeon and we have no way to invite someone new, and need to restart it again and again... Fix this please, and people can farm dungeons with comfort and soon will forget about that rollback.
  • Options
    broodmama21broodmama21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    One more thing that we want you to fix The Great Weapon Fighter its completely garbage! Is there any hope in this class or we just gonna quit the game. Since close beta we were asking again and again and again to give attention on this underpowered class. Until now theres no changes going.!!
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One more thing that we want you to fix The Great Weapon Fighter its completely garbage! Is there any hope in this class or we just gonna quit the game. Since close beta we were asking again and again and again to give attention on this underpowered class. Until now theres no changes going.!!

lol u are a troll GWF is fine! got no problems at all
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dangit, I lost 10 levels (35>25) on my GWF ><
    I played yesterday for nothing. AHwell, back to STO, tomorrow is the release of it's expansion ^^
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like someone official to comment on the fact that this bug was there in closed beta AND in STO months ago

How do you figure a 7 hour rollback counters that?
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    OK well as I stated earlier in my posts, Im tired of wasting my breath on all these people who keep demanding wipes. Maybe what they really are referring to are the need for baby wipes since they are such whiny brats! xD There is no wipe, there is no new server, there are things being done about the current economic situation so until then, sit down, shut the fck up and ENJOY THE GAME.
  • Options
    langstonmellangstonmel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    --- EDIT --- Question (pretty much answered) on Twitter.
  • Options
    kitten24kitten24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All my Zen are stuck at the Astral Diamond Exchange - how do I retrieve them?
  • Options
    jalfreyjalfrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the 7 hour roll back and the bans were completely ineffective. The proof is right there right now in Zone Chat - dozens of people selling countless cats - I just saw one person advertise 30 cats for T2 gear.

The solution to the problem was completely ineffective and the economy is still completely screwed.
  • Options
    bongaslbongasl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know how can you be so bad doing this, 1 day roll back? or 2? anyway they using it like 1 week, a small number or players abusing? what is small for you? 1000? come on... i dont go play more this game ffs u helping the exploiters, whitout wipe or mass bans you can go and play ur game alone...pfff super disapointed.
  • Options
    fallenweeblefallenweeble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a video game, time doesn't get the same value as if you are working. You got entertainment from it, which is the purpose.
  • Options
    ohreonohreon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is my account lost level? This issue would not go back to normal?
  • Options
    threat78threat78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahh see someone actually gets it...so many ppl acting like pwe/cryptic w/e now owes them some kind of blood sacrifice over this,
    ffs guys seriously? how much AD have you lost in this time? or are you just jealous that someone else found a bug that you missed out on?

and as for the ppl saying the rollback wont work? hush! noobs shouldnt speak until they have some experience in cbt/obts
    dont comment on rollbacks unless you have been thru them and know how they work.

me personally.. i cant wait to see whats in the apology pack, not that i think we deserve one but it is nice to score free stuff :P

oh and one last thing.... to the guy who said "stop having your fancy pants meetings and just get the server back up" calm yourself child. just kick back and relax your fat *** in your chair while the devs are working their asses off for very little thanks to get YOUR FAT *** back into the game that YOU play FOR FREE!!....
    "Yes it was ME that R#ped your cat!"
  • Options
    whogivsasheitwhogivsasheit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

first they will fix major bugs in game and last they will fix roll balance of classes to balance out the damage in game has always been and will always be that way
  • Options
    muffataarmuffataar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great start on the day...waking up to see that all of my yesterdays progress has been wiped, including my entire 50-60 lvling...... on my first **** char...

I hope that itempack is glorious. Because this fkup of yours hurt a lot of your players in a bad way...
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Interesting night popping in and out here.

With the AH down and other issues to resolve yet, I just put my characters on a 6 hour craft scheme. Off to nap and see if this gets fixed further later. One of the lucky ones (nothing lost but play time last night), since I was busy earlier and by the time I actually did try to log on it was already down..

Remember the saying about negotiations.

If Everyone feels like they should have gotten more, it was a Fair Deal..
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    eisprizessineisprizessin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jalfrey wrote: »
    So the 7 hour roll back and the bans were completely ineffective. The proof is right there right now in Zone Chat - dozens of people selling countless cats - I just saw one person advertise 30 cats for T2 gear.

The solution to the problem was completely ineffective and the economy is still completely screwed.

I guess the Cats are a new form of currency in NWO. I wonder if we get cat - zen exchange market.

On a serious note, it was obvious for anyone who is playing the game that 7 hours rollback was not enough. The talk about bans is also just a smokescreen. No one really is able to filter out all the counterfeit profits, when it was converted into items and then another items again, sometimes in completely legal transactions - that were going on in a screw up economy.

I give it a week for a serious repair plan - if not, time to pack my bags. Shame bout the money I spent, but oh well, caveat emptor, and lesson learned I guess.
  • Options
    r1p17y0mr1p17y0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning people in open beta = priceless.
  • Options
    nflftwnflftw Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, if you don't give back our legitimately acquired Heavy Inferno Nightmares (cause I know I'm not the only one!), we may in fact form a gang, march into your office and kill all of you. That is all. I got really lucky and I never get really lucky in games and if you take that away from me... :(
  • Options
    chewy067chewy067 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i lost every thing that was in the AH and was bought by the explitores and did not receive compilation 14m AD down thats nice what are you going to do about that.
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love to see you guys worried about AD and ZEN soo much u dont even sleep to fix things all night long... its just pitty that ppl like me that play GF and other that play GWF dont see u rushing to fix the Feats that dont work or improve a game mechanic that does not work at all....lets aggroo alll... ohhh guard breack lets slide away from all mobs and red on the ground ... ahhh i dont have...

the game economy its already dead when 2 of the classes are not taking anywhere... GF and GWF gear well Epic gear its all get from AH since no 1 take GF and GWF there... soo its TR CW and Cleric farming gear for classes that dont have a chance of getting it on a roll.
  • Options
    urbanggurbangg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought a founders pack, and took out the AD yesterday from the ZEN transfeer shop, how can I retrive it again?
  • Options
    fallenweeblefallenweeble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muffataar wrote: »
    Great start on the day...waking up to see that all of my yesterdays progress has been wiped, including my entire 50-60 lvling...... on my first **** char...

I hope that itempack is glorious. Because this fkup of yours hurt a lot of your players in a bad way...

7 hours is not a big deal, it's supposedly a beta. Your 10 levels is less important than the game's economy.
  • Options
    bozsebozse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: This bug existed for more than 7 hours. What are you doing about the fact that players took advantage of this before the rollback window?

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.

So basically what you're saying is that you will leave hundreds of millions of duped AD in the economy...

Best of luck to you, I'm out.
  • Options
    missunderztooodmissunderztoood Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    OK well as I stated earlier in my posts, Im tired of wasting my breath on all these people who keep demanding wipes. Maybe what they really are referring to are the need for baby wipes since they are such whiny brats! xD There is no wipe, there is no new server, there are things being done about the current economic situation so until then, sit down, shut the fck up and ENJOY THE GAME.

Couldn't have been said better :)
  • Options
    noryn1987noryn1987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thought you guys gave all player a little gift? i dont get it 4 now -_-
  • Options
    nosupportsofarnosupportsofar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My account was hacked on Friday@9:02am due to insecurities in Gateway, with my email being changed WITHOUT my permission! There was no security regarding emailing my OLD email address to check if this change was valid. This is just crazy.

I cannot access anything of my characters, even the Zen that I bought!
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    But see it becomes our problem when these people that dropped $400 on a video game don't have enough money for rent or food, and seek out assistance either governmental or otherwise.

Good way to tar everyone with the same brush.
This discussion has been closed.