What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    tujunitujuni Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours rollback wont fix the economy...only a wipe would do that and as far as they say, we are in open beta, so whats the problem - wipe and fix it, thars the only solution to fix the economy...
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow invasion of the Join Date: May 2013 Users and they all seem to be either defending the game or asking for a wipe. Employees and banned exploiters on new accounts?

You didn't pay attention to the previous post addressing this.
    Banned exploiters won't be able to use the same exploit, so why ask for a wipe? It would remove all their work & they'd get nothing out of it.
    As for employees... well, my forum name is my @handle. You can find me in CO or NW under it. I activated my forum account to comment & ask questions about the open beta.
    The day after April 30 is May 1, which was the day after open beta hit, thus explaining the May accounts.

I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight.
  • Options
    ruzul8463ruzul8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grab the exploiters' email and shoot'em a virus for me...while you're at it. send one to the pvp afkers as well...low life mongrels!!!

The ppl that are claiming they have known about the bug prior to that morning....why the heck wasn't it reported!!!....either report the bug on first discovery or STFU IMHO. As something as serious as this I'm sure even a low number of reports of this nature would have got the immediate attention it needed.

Being a man of logical, the first ppl I would be looking at to see if there are any more perps. would be the people that have known about it and said nothing.

To PW: A hard one to rectify with the community, you guys have got your work cut out for yas that's for sure...I for one am glad to see such a vigorous means of correcting this issue (to lose a couple of hours is a piddle in the pool to the time I am willing to spend on this game)...still doing a great job IMO keep it up.

To community: "The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.",Edmund Burke. They are doing their job (a difficult one at that), as TESTERS we should be expected to do ours (a simple no brainer in comparison).
  • Options
    run3wolfrun3wolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    run3wolf wrote: »
    As you can clearly see from the above... your mighty solution of 7 hour rollback WONT DO ****. WIPE THE SERVER ALREADY and fix this asap AFTER IP banning the exploiters... ATLEAST DO THAT !

all of you saying wipe is usless see the above.. see when that post was made....and this was done AFTER the original exploiter group got all they wanted which god knows how long ago was that.... no wipe rule ? are u <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ? u want to play a game with broken economy and market where that original group of exploiters still will stay on top ?? how naive and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are you ?
  • Options
    killwithme2killwithme2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol all my Xp my luck in Upgrading enchantments and my Life in this hours i played lost. And u are telling me about a package that everyone is gona take ,,,,,, U Couldnt save the data Of xp and make a roll back in bags and items? That would be helping me a lot ..
  • Options
    mastertyphonmastertyphon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that this hole thing is a shame its turning into a very good game and like always a few very dishonest people spoil it for the many wish more people told on these people and they get proper banning

That is like life; which is why I endorse the death penalty.
  • Options
    nuzzarnuzzar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    I've put in a request for a refund. This is far too weak to combat a bug that has been in since day one, and was already known and dealt with in STO over a year ago. This exploit alone even with the rollback is enough to wreck the economy for months to come, but it also comes after a string of other exploits that have already weakened the economy.

yeah did the same - feel scammed like hell...
  • Options
    fallenweeblefallenweeble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug was reported. In closed beta even.

Nothing was done.
  • Options
    bigslikbigslik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow invasion of the Join Date: May 2013 Users and they all seem to be either defending the game or asking for a wipe. Employees and banned exploiters on new accounts?

lol join date dont mean **** ive been playing since closed beta today is my first time on forums! Grow the *** up!!
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tujuni wrote: »
    7 hours rollback wont fix the economy...only a wipe would do that and as far as they say, we are in open beta, so whats the problem - wipe and fix it, thars the only solution to fix the economy...

No, it's the only solution you can think of. Obviously, the devs have other plans.
    A complete wipe wasn't necessary when similar things happened to WoW, UO, EQ or Diablo 3, so why would they be here? The economy will be fine; at most, it'll take a few weeks to straighten itself out again. That's how it's worked since the beginning of MMOs.
  • Options
    pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/FV2R4Za.png

BURN?????? now wipe it and all will be good
  • Options
    bndcntaccssforumbndcntaccssforum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My account was banned, and it was not explained why. I also checked and searched for my account name, no information was displayed. have you wiped my account? if so, what is your reasoning for it? have i been permabanned? how will i know?
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013

Just a guess, but I'm assuming that... with the 30th of April being when "open beta" started, a lot of ppl discovered and joined on that following date? May goes back several weeks, eh? Were almost in June now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ruzul8463 wrote: »
    Grab the exploiters' email and shoot'em a virus for me...while you're at it. send one to the pvp afkers as well...low life mongrels!!!

The ppl that are claiming they have known about the bug prior to that morning....why the heck wasn't it reported!!!....either report the bug on first discovery or STFU IMHO. As something as serious as this I'm sure even a low number of reports of this nature would have got the immediate attention it needed.

Being a man of logical, the first ppl I would be looking at to see if there are any more perps. would be the people that have known about it and said nothing.

To PW: A hard one to rectify with the community, you guys have got your work cut out for yas that's for sure...I for one am glad to see such a vigorous means of correcting this issue (to lose a couple of hours is a piddle in the pool to the time I am willing to spend on this game)...still doing a great job IMO keep it up.

To community: "The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.",Edmund Burke. They are doing their job (a difficult one at that), as TESTERS we should be expected to do ours (a simple no brainer in comparison).

+1 good sir, carry on.
  • Options
    xxsanctuaryxxxxsanctuaryxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, 7 hours rollback - great, all progession I made yesterday with my friends is gone. I don't care about items / AD / AH while leveling, since most items will be opsolut when I hit 60, but TIME is important to me. How you gonna replace MY TIME I have spent?

....With a generous consolation prize. They cant turn back time, they cant give you things you have lost but they ARE trying to compensate you in some way like any professional and courteous company would.
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do we loose if they wipe? the lvling in nw is so fast ... the endgame is so boring... go for it!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This bug was reported. In closed beta even.

Nothing was done.

Do you have a link to the post perhaps?
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    My account was banned, and it was not explained why. I also checked and searched for my account name, no information was displayed. have you wiped my account? if so, what is your reasoning for it? have i been permabanned? how will i know?

aww the first cheater has come crying
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, instead of arguing with PWI over what they should do - I just want to know: what's the ETA on server's coming back up?
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    lolnewblolnewb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/FV2R4Za.png

BURN?????? now wipe it and all will be good

Your point is flawed. If you are trying to prove that the game is live then why do you want it to be wiped? It would make more sense if you thought it was still in beta...
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    No, it's the only solution you can think of. Obviously, the devs have other plans.
    A complete wipe wasn't necessary when similar things happened to WoW, UO, EQ or Diablo 3, so why would they be here? The economy will be fine; at most, it'll take a few weeks to straighten itself out again. That's how it's worked since the beginning of MMOs.

Sadly Voices of reason like this are in the minority #itisasadworld
  • Options
    redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I do like the idea of a new server that persons have an option to migrate to. No wealth or character migration, just your account unlocks and starting over.

I can't understand how they can't think of a so simple solution. This can make EVERYONE happy.

- people asking for a wipe? go to new server
    - people telling the economy is ruined? go to new server
    - people wanting to keep their progress? keep on playing on the old servers

it's so easy...
  • Options
    kaltxxkaltxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I don't know if anyone asked this but what about the items that were on auction during the time of the exploit? Will they still be in the auction? I hate to see empty auction houses and people losing their loot to exploiters.
  • Options
    saperzapersaperzaper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saivyre wrote: »
    So, instead of arguing with PWI over what they should do - I just want to know: what's the ETA on server's coming back up?

+1
    would like to know haven't got a straight answer this whole time.
  • Options
    krimlankrimlan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    posting to see what my join date is and i sure wish they would wipe. LOL jan 2013 been playing pwi for YEARS must be first time on forums or something
  • Options
    wildtalltexanwildtalltexan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work during the day on the weekends, and sleep a lot at night so this rollback won't effect me or my characters much. But I look forward to the apology package at the end of the week. I just wonder if not being able to get on today will effect my Ardent/Celestial Coin numbers? Will my Ardent/Celestial Coin numbers rollback to 0 due to the downtime/rollback?
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    I can't understand how they can't think of a so simple solution. This can make EVERYONE happy.

- people asking for a wipe? go to new server
    - people telling the economy is ruined? go to new server
    - people wanting to keep their progress? keep on playing on the old servers

it's so easy...

That's not going to happen since Cryptic did announce that all three shards will eventually be merged into one.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013

check your email.
  • Options
    pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cause i actually care about the economy of a good game and the proper thing is to start over btw the image is from pwe site and its rly funny to see them autoburn
  • Options
    iwantwowiwantwow Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    I agree fully ministerofchange!
This discussion has been closed.