What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    xmorwainxixmorwainxi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about the economy enough to be okay with a wipe or servers being down this long? So what if there is inflation, it occurs in every MMO. I just want the game to be up and play with my character.
  • Options
    latefwlatefw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sunday morning, really? You mean last Sunday, right? I mean the week before last week, as it is Monday morning now. I hope so, because otherwise you would be lying.

I have another question though:
    What about the items and progression made by using exploits SINCE 25th April? What about the damage the other dozen exploits have done?

Maybe roll back to 25th April! Listen to you players, perhaps, if you want to make money out of this game even after a year or so.
  • Options
    fragmightyfragmighty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's 4:30 AM and Me myself and I are going to Zzzzzzz land. I hope everything works out and see you all later today /Salute all.
  • Options
    rudrick1082rudrick1082 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ruzul8463 wrote: »
    Grab the exploiters' email and shoot'em a virus for me...while you're at it. send one to the pvp afkers as well...low life mongrels!!!

The ppl that are claiming they have known about the bug prior to that morning....why the heck wasn't it reported!!!....either report the bug on first discovery or STFU IMHO. As something as serious as this I'm sure even a low number of reports of this nature would have got the immediate attention it needed.

Being a man of logical, the first ppl I would be looking at to see if there are any more perps. would be the people that have known about it and said nothing.

To PW: A hard one to rectify with the community, you guys have got your work cut out for yas that's for sure...I for one am glad to see such a vigorous means of correcting this issue (to lose a couple of hours is a piddle in the pool to the time I am willing to spend on this game)...still doing a great job IMO keep it up.

To community: "The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.",Edmund Burke. They are doing their job (a difficult one at that), as TESTERS we should be expected to do ours (a simple no brainer in comparison).

Ruzul i like you well put. I also like what there doing to address this issue. for a free game there putting alot of effort into it and it cant be easy also. . . still BETA!!!
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't understand WHY the word WIPE is still even being used in this and all other threads.....THE OFFICIAL announcement has already been-7hour roll back and NO WIPE.

What do u lot think? This is neverland? IF u believe it it will come true? WTF??? You think after saying they're gonan rollback...they're suddenly gonna say "ummm we changed our minds...AGAIN...just for YOU.WIPE!" BAllS man....now the hot topic is...when will the servers be up and we can all play.
    THE OFFICIAL STANDPOINT HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED. Whther you SLIT YOUR WRIST and die screaming....IT AINT GONNA CHANGE. Grow up and realise that when the boss said it's like THAT...means IT'S LIKE THAT....

Mods...how about a 24 hour MUTE on all posters saying wipe?-__-
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think that most people who want a roll back are the one who actually paid for your game and played it fair without bug exploit, hero, guardian, zen buyer, so those are the one paying your job guys, so listen to them do this **** wipe to day 1 for all of them and fix all the bug exploit, don t say you don t know about them now, even if it takes you a week, do a new release, and maybe change your staff (FFXIV had a very bad launch last year but for different reason,they listened to them fans and took a entire year to make a new game,you got only a few bug to fix to have a great game,people who love it,who paid for it to make it live,will stay after wipe,we ll have a good community of players,but if you don t wipe,you ll make them very angry and they ll ask for refund and leave game)
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting to the point I don't even car if they fix the exploit problem any more just get the server back up. I have been refreshing the forums trying to find out what happened/when the server will be back up since getting off work (minus a few hours watching Firefly reruns) and that has been nearly 15hrs already.
  • Options
    lutungolutungo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    I can't understand how they can't think of a so simple solution. This can make EVERYONE happy.

- people asking for a wipe? go to new server
    - people telling the economy is ruined? go to new server
    - people wanting to keep their progress? keep on playing on the old servers

it's so easy...

Doesn't work like that. Makes future server merges impossible and it also forces them to manage 2 different games.
  • Options
    latefwlatefw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, actually a lot of people are asking for a wipe, but apparently this company just doesn't give a ****.
  • Options
    lolnewblolnewb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saperzaper wrote: »
    +1
    would like to know haven't got a straight answer this whole time.

Guys, read through the forum, they stated that they are working on giving us an ETA

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame1m
    .@DigitalLuck No ETA on bringing the servers up yet but we are doing group conference in a few minutes to sync up on next steps. -D
  • Options
    stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, 7 hours rollback - great, all progession I made yesterday with my friends is gone. I don't care about items / AD / AH while leveling, since most items will be opsolut when I hit 60, but TIME is important to me. How you gonna replace MY TIME I have spent?

they cant all they can do is say - extend your life by 30mins, dont have that smoke, dont drink that meths, get off your *** and go for a jog, there are many ways to retrieve what you think you lost, what does it matter you'd be sitting there gaming anyways

-StripiestFilly0-
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's quite amusing to see some people calling for a server wipe, even though they know it won't happen.

I am 100% certain that a server wipe is the very last thing on PW's mind.

However, if that is the ONLY way to ensure the damage to the economy caused by this exploit is properly dealt with then they will ultimately have no choice.

A 7 hour roll back can not possibly resolve the issues caused by weeks, possibly months of exploiting.

Even if they ban all the accounts that actually exploited that doesn't fix the economy either. Those exploited AD are spread right across the economy, they are affecting every single transaction on the AH and Exchange. And they will continue to do exactly that until all of them are removed from the economy.

The ONLY way to be 100% certain that all the exploited AD are removed from the economy is a server-wipe.

Now, PW are very big on reminding us that we are still in an Open Beta phase, they are almost certainly using this as an excuse for the huge number of problems with the game (as an example, having to fully log out to change character, this was a problem in STO months ago and was resolved, NW should never, ever, have been released even in Open Beta with this issue still present), well if they are being honest about this being a Beta phase then a Wipe must still be an option.

If a wipe isn't an option then this isn't a Beta.

They can't have it both ways.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    pietro0815pietro0815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a legit player i'm quite pissed about the rollback.

It was prime time in my timezone so i played almost the full 7 hours. (got loot and hit 2 levels).
    I don't understand why all legit players need to suffer. why do you not do a partial rollback (only Currencies for example)
    I guess large potions of the playerbase don't care because they where asleep that 7 hours and loose nothing except a bit of crafting time.

I thought about buying the founders pack but i guess that's out of the questing now. :(

Don't get me wrong, i know its open beta. I played in beta before but that never happend and looks quite unprofessional for a game that already uses real money. I'm used to having wipes / rollbacks in closed beta but once the beta goes real money, wipes / rollbackes are out of the question.

Phil
  • Options
    tindgetindge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never partook of this silly economy anyway...
    Just get it up & running again~
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all you lazy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that dont want to level up again are nothing but selfish ... i am a high level player as well but i dont want to play a broken game that soon will die cause of a broken economy as no new players will join.... i want this game to flourish not die cause of a few greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idiots who cant see the problem..... WIPE IT ALREADY.... prove to us you have atleast 1 brain cell left it ....greedy selfish turds

Get a job. Perhaps those few greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> have much more experience and intelligence than you. Perhaps those few greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are not 12 and having trouble coping with hormones. The game will die because of a broken economy? Do you actually have a brain or are you too busy eating grass?

Bahhh.
  • Options
    xxsanctuaryxxxxsanctuaryxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    run3wolf wrote: »
    all you lazy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that dont want to level up again are nothing but selfish ... i am a high level player as well but i dont want to play a broken game that soon will die cause of a broken economy as no new players will join.... i want this game to flourish not die cause of a few greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idiots who cant see the problem..... WIPE IT ALREADY.... prove to us you have atleast 1 brain cell left it ....greedy selfish turds

A game only "Breaks" due to lack of or lame content not due to the people who enjoy playing on the AH or spamming chat with WTS/WTB. As of right now I enjoy the lore and gameplay the economy at the beginning of ANY mmo will be flawed.
  • Options
    luridmuseluridmuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 54s
    Hey Everyone - Servers are back up! AD Exchange and Auction house will remain offline while we perform additional testing.
  • Options
    mericklightheartmericklightheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1m
    Hey Everyone - Servers are back up! AD Exchange and Auction house will remain offline while we perform additional testing
    ~~~~Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack~~~~
  • Options
    bndcntaccssforumbndcntaccssforum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuromal wrote: »
    aww the first cheater has come crying

How did i cheat, i didn't even use the AH except to sell my crafted items.
  • Options
    mastertyphonmastertyphon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this should also be a bannable offense..the way this guy is spewing his hate. If this was said to a player in game...I would think that too would be enough. Why should it be different here? (refering to the post in red)

Relocate the post; click the little triangle with exclamation in the bottom left; note how offensive it is in your message and ask the Community Manager to remove it, ban the author from the forums, and possibly even from the game.
  • Options
    infexominfexom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    run3wolf wrote: »

PERFECT SOLUTION:
    New server. You can keep your character level, and keep things that could not have been exploited (like PVP points) because I KNOW you guys have record of that. The afk'ers will still get by, but so what. Keep the levels, move to a new server, fix the problem. That way, you keep the progress from your hard work, and the cheaters get screwed (and hopefully die a painful death)

Opinions?
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I notice how there has been a lot of accusations calling people idiots etc but I think the correct term should be f*cking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

Do a large percentage of you not understand what a roll back is. They are reverting the server from a backup nothing more, the server will be as if it was on Sunday morning. Stop asking stupid questions such as what about xyz blah blah blah, it will be as if it never happened! And to reassure the tards if you bought items with zen you will either have to buy those items again or buy something different :/

p.s. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question just a stupid person!
  • Options
    faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they going to ban also the huge amount of bot users as they do ruin the economy of this game? Besides of full bot groups in pvp areas now emails started to pop on mail in boxes.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infexom wrote: »
    Perhaps I was a little harsh. However, it was targeted to the people that keep saying how stupid we are for paying money on something we enjoy. That's all. For the hardworking people that are in a bad situation, I apologize for sounding like a jerk. It's not directed at you. I have had to look for jobs in the past 6 years, but luckily I'm in a fairly high position within the oil patch, so jobs are kinda thrown at you all the time. I'm not better than you or anyone else... again, I was addressing the people complaining about how I spend the money I earn.

Accepted, and I understand your frustration.
    I haven't spend a dime on this game yet, but I had actually just moved funds to my debit account to buy Zen when the servers went down. I've since been distracted & waiting for the servers to come back.
    And yet, I don't have any problem with people spending money on this game, even though it's a "soft launch." Heck, that's what funds the game & speeds upcoming content like the ranger class.

Unfortunately, some people just want a reason to complain, and a target for their rage. Sadly, that target is sometimes people like you (or me).
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    latefw wrote: »
    No, actually a lot of people are asking for a wipe, but apparently this company just doesn't give a ****.

Your only a small percentage of voices that want it. Thats one reason why its not gonna happen.
  • Options
    pallarintepallarinte Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    horrible decision
  • Options
    threat78threat78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the efforts and communication guys.. once again its good to know you are getting to the bottom of these issues and have the general communitys best interests in mind (not just the paying customers and crybabies) hope its not too drastic and hope you all get some sleep tonight lol
    to the crybabies: Get over it...i know you have worked hard on alot of the things you are concerned about but seriously this is a known risk you take when gaming, no good complaining its just life...that simple.. so you have a choice to make...suck it up, smile and move on, or go back to lame *** WoW.
    My 2 cents :P
    "Yes it was ME that R#ped your cat!"
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh. It's a beta. I'm content being able to just read the lore and play the game at my own pace.

Equipment treadmill or not, it matters little. People who invest time and nothing else into this game have nothing to complain about.

If you've lost the six or so hours from this rollback and have something to complain about, your life choices are lacking direction.

I question your capacity to even realize what is trivial and what is not. Six hours of your life is gone. Cry me a river, your tears are delicious.

Deal with it.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    Hey Everyone - Servers are back up! AD Exchange and Auction house will remain offline while we perform additional testing.
  • Options
    khaelithdarksoulkhaelithdarksoul Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolnewb wrote: »
    The time that you spent on this game is your responsibility, not theirs. They didn't tell you to play it.

True, I take my responsibilty to play how long or often I want this or any other game, but it is their responsibilty to ensure that the game runs (mostly) bugfree. Sure it's a "open beta" (don't get me wrong, if there is now wipe / can spent money, it is released!), but this way (rollback) PWE punish happy players because of some idiots. And thats not ok.

I hope you understand my points, since I understand your point (and even PWE's)
This discussion has been closed.