What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well yeah .....dont you know they are not smart enough to make mules,sell to 3rd party sites,buy other people things,trade between mulitple accounts so its harder to trace ....oh no ...they sat on it

Every single AD transaction can be tracked. It takes time, but it can be. Even the mules can be tracked.
    Selling to 3rd party sites is hard to prove (unless someone is stupid enough to admit to it online), and then that's a lawsuit on their hands.

Really, how do people not understand this? There was a whole 3000+ post thread about this.
  • Options
    iziksquireliziksquirel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    Except his account is banned, since ALL exploiters were tracked.
    He can also be charged with a variety of felonies. Hope your "friend" doesn't mind spending time in court!

His free account was banned? THANK GOD!
  • Options
    xxsanctuaryxxxxsanctuaryxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He can also be charged with a variety of felonies. Hope your "friend" doesn't mind spending time in court!

...is that retribution I smell?...wait...no....*sniff* Its jailbait! have fun with your new friends sparky.
  • Options
    wonderpuffwonderpuff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you're an idiot for spending $250 on a beta
    l1d3n wrote: »
    I have put in a request for Full Refund to PWE. If they do not give me a full refund because of the exploited trashed economy and state of this so called game I will contest the charges with my CC company. $250.00 for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and if you want to take my lifetime STO account also go right ahead. $450.00 down the drain all together. I can promise you this I will never again spend one dime in any of your games.

You have failed your paying customers that wanted to support this game and let the exploiters thumb their noses at all of us legit players.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    jealle wrote: »
    A friend of mine got a t1 helm drop he was after for completing a armor set for his gf the stalwart set, this seems to be in the time said that was gonna be rolled back, what happens to those that have, gotten drops in that time frame that they have been after?

Are any of you reading the first Q&A or just simply panicking? Read the Q&A it answers a good 80% of these questions.
  • Options
    kennie81kennie81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    admin name should be Dezastrous like all their people in charge of the game
  • Options
    cyrsiacyrsia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    You got from level 54 to 60 in a span of 7 hours? Way to point out you were exploiting leveling.

no sir, just lvling with the normal quests, if u rush its easy to lvl fast in 2-3 days;)
  • Options
    mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runeskald wrote: »
    I think that getting a clean start on a new server is the way to go for the launch of live... let the exploited beta servers wither and die in there own mess. My gift later this weak can be a new start on a new server that does not have a hosed economy.

That is actually a good idea. Let the people that are whinging about "economy" play on a new server and let those that don't care about "economy' and don't play the AH exclusively and don't want to grind and level again play on the perfectly fine servers that exist right now, or will sometime later today.

I am being totally serious.
  • Options
    dallaslorddallaslord Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one question what is the exploit? i have been reading about this all day since i got up and am very curious.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

felony charges for exploiting a game lol, you got to be kidding.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Every single AD transaction can be tracked. It takes time, but it can be. Even the mules can be tracked.
    Selling to 3rd party sites is hard to prove (unless someone is stupid enough to admit to it online), and then that's a lawsuit on their hands.

Really, how do people not understand this? There was a whole 3000+ post thread about this.

well if you belive they will do that your an idiot
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hour rollback is a joke. it's laughable. complete utter joke. why can't they do a wipe or new shard. game is about dead.
  • Options
    soulinsolicesoulinsolice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wheres the eta??
  • Options
    bloodymadbloodymad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, I expected more greed about compensation, instead it's the typical drama. oops, off topic myself :p
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ya all transactions can be tracked, but pwe dosent have the resources to do it. This is not Blizzard that has pretty much unlimited funds to maintain the game.
  • Options
    stonew00tstonew00t Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so many fools complaining forgetting this is a beta and stuff like this can even happen on other games.. and it has.. and always will..
  • Options
    grimbrytegrimbryte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was watching a streamer stream 1-60 Cleric in a 24 hr livestream, he got to level 59 before the server went offline. He's getting rolled back, that is very unfair. You can find his stream on twitch.
  • Options
    lothientearlothientear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um... the legally-bought Zen will be refunded to the legit owners, thus solving the problem you're describing. And they've tracked the exploiters & their AD, and are working on removing all excess AD from the economy. Did you not read the post?

Yes, I did read the post. But since obviously the exploit was going on longer than these 7 hours, and since not all the AD amassed by the exploiters will still be on their hands, it seems the measure will not fix the game economy outright. There will still be a lot of AD running around and causing currency rate problems. And, besides, even if they ban all the exploiter's accounts some of the exploiters might have stashed their gains on other accounts (not used for exploiting). It's a F2P game. You can have as many accounts here as you want. So, if you read carefully what i've said you might notice that some further measures might be needed to fix the damages to NWO economy. But, then again, I might be wrong. But if I am, credit this to plain stupidity on my part, and not on lack of reading. ;)
  • Options
    lanhelinlanhelin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours rollback seems not to be enough to free the game completely from this issue. What about a 700 hours rb?
  • Options
    tazman3002tazman3002 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO when will the servers be back up?
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ybg wrote: »
    7 hour rollback is a joke. it's laughable. complete utter joke. why can't they do a wipe or new shard. game is about dead.

They want to merge the shards so a new one won't do much and there would be so much more rage if they did a wipe.
  • Options
    abigheilabigheil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when are the servers gonna be on?
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm a thank you/sorry pack sounds nice. Personally It would be nice if it came with a costume. Doesnt have to be anything fancy! Just alittle something thats better then running around in beggar clothes! lol. And its not like costumes affect the game or fighting in any way with stats and such. But yeah... just expressing my wishful thinking ^_^
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, taking us like garbadge....

Here is PW answer:

We think that maby the server was, who knows, inflated with a weird way of getting AD, so in this case, maby we will ban all player that have used this so called exploit. Since we made lotta money in the past 24 hours, we will reroll only the last 7 hours as those hours were slow on sales and it might let our player base to think that the problem is fixed... We shouldn't tell them that this issue have been here for more than 4 day because obviously the bug didnt appear 7 hours ago as their had no update at that time. But since 90% of our player base are just walking wallet that dont realy think about obvious stuff, well just go like this.. thanks everyone and by the way, we might have suprise by friday and release a new mount that you will be able to buy for the small amount of 39.99$

Actually, they have proof of the exploit, and pretty much everything else you've said is just stuff you've made up in your head. Especially the nonsense about the $40 mount... that didn't even begin to make sense.
    The timeframe of 7 hours prior to downtime was chosen because that's when the most damage was done. If you'd bothered reading ANY of the other threads or posts about the situation, you'd know that.

Calm down & stop with the histrionics.
  • Options
    daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so did i miss the part of when we get to play the fu..... game again ... or ...wtf
  • Options
    effektzeffektz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, just stop complaining. If you dont like it start your disputes with paypal, put in a ticket, delete your characters.... all this talk of "I'm never playing again" is a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because you're still on the forums whining like little girls. Shut up, man up, and work with it or go make a vlog about how terrible your life as a free mmo playing, moms basement inhabiting, hotpocket poppin, whiny little fat girl is.
  • Options
    jgb8jgb8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys have clearly done nothing to resolve this issue. This exploit has been going on for weeks on end and grew in drastic popularity over this weekend. The weekend does not cover 7 hours. You have single-handedly ruined your own games economy by doing nothing worthwhile. Good job.
  • Options
    ngeongeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great just lose items and progression in the game just of a bug and some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who spread the world on this bug...
  • Options
    cioclodel12341cioclodel12341 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

My friend who exploited this since day 2 of open beta can keep his 2.3 billion AD and keep selling it to the gold-farming sites.

He already made $8700 :D

And he's not the only one. I've seen countless people on various social sites that made even more than that. And those were just the ones that brag about it. Who knows HOW MANY actually did this.
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    felony charges for exploiting a game lol, you got to be kidding.

Actually it would be felony charges for profiting off someone's copyright protected intellectual property without their express permission. It being a game doesn't mean ****, copyright laws are nothing to **** around with.
This discussion has been closed.