What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    fangownedfangowned Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe because i want to reroll race and didnt have a good excuse to do so untill now,not that leveling to 60 takes long,i leveled exclusively by questing and i thought i was playing on a x1000 private server or something.You should consider reducing xp gained by sources like quests,pvp,invocation then wipe and we're ready to go
  • Options
    kelaravenwoodkelaravenwood Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All your accusations could just as well be made against the other side of the argument and those questions don't seem biased at all but rather neutral. A few thousands is usually a good number for a political poll anyway in most countries. It sound like you're just mad that people don't agree with you.

You do know in a Political Poll they do what is called a "Representative Sample" that means they find 1-2k people that match up very well with what their data says will be the demographic make-up of the next election, then then poll those people, and if they over sample one way or the other then they can also make adjustments to get it in-line with the population as a whole. On the other hand a Poll on a Forum only Polls those who show tend to post on forums, and forum posters are NOT in anyway a Representative Sample of any games population as a whole. A poll on a forum is like CNN going to a Tea Party rally and polling all the people there to determine Pres. Obama's Approval rating, your not going to find out what the population as a whole thinks.
  • Options
    corporation01corporation01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely a full wipe, refund zen back to peoples accounts and founders original AD value reset. As far as 'work' done on characters, progress and gear, thank the exploiters and people that have destroyed the economy. All your 'work' will be for nothing anyway if people start leaving in droves, your servers are barren, your community gone and your ability to form groups and guilds also hindered.
  • Options
    ladiesmansbladiesmansb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not support a wipe, and quite frankly.....if a wipe happens, i'm at a point with my character where i'm not particularly invested into the game, but i'm far enough that i'm not doing it again.

So basically, if a wipe happens, i'll find another game.
  • Options
    yurateiyuratei Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »

face it, the majority of PAYING players are forum-goers, or at least have visited the forum since the downtime started.

A ridiculous assumption with absolutely no evidence or even any hope of being proven.
  • Options
    ziron2000ziron2000 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad someone made a poll I was about to do this same thing...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yuratei wrote: »
    A ridiculous assumption with absolutely no evidence or even any hope of being proven.

I agree with yuratei LOL obviously at least 30% of the people didn't pay a dime? :D
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fangowned wrote: »
    Wipe because i want to reroll race.
    Cant you just start up a new character ... without ruining everyone elses fun?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    It's not true that just because the forums represent 10% of the population, that we don't know what the other 90% think. The forums are a random sample - or even better - they represent users that are looking for longterm commitment to the game, rather than the P2 population that is going to give up after a week. Therefore, the minority reflects the majority.

Then again, there's also the botting aspect to consider; every post in this thread is not made by a bot, whereas a poll system can easily be abused by gold farmers who are excellently skilled at spamming in game; they can bot the poll to prevent a reset, thus securing their previous thefts.

A mass reset doesn't fix the problem, because the problem is exploits, and no one can predict those. They just happen and hopefully are mitigated. A mass reset corrects the game, which is heavily dependent on sales, and must occur from time to time, since the results of exploits cannot be reversed easily.

I am sorry but forums are about as Random a Sample of a community as an Occupy Wall street or Tea Party Rally is. It is always skewed in the direction of the people who are MOST upset about what is going on currently and therefor are the most active groups in the community as a whole. The fact is the vast majority of the people playing the game don't know and don't really care about this issue, they WOULD however care if two or three weeks worth of work on their toon is suddenly taken away from them, forcing them to go through content they already went though once.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The only reasons to say no:
    Don't want to spend the time getting back up to 60
    Didn't pay a dime anyway
    Used the exploits and don't want to lose what they obtained from them

The reason "I" said yes:
    I only spent $10 so it's not for the money that is a very low amount
    To support those who have spent $200 and had 2 million AD which with how screwed the economy got really destroyed the game
    It would be nice to have a fresh MMO with 0 exploits because this game does rule hardcore!

Either way we are all suffering due to hackers here and the people everyone should be mad at is the people who exploited/cheated the game and completely destroyed it. I don't understand why ANYONE is mad at the company or at each other over this!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    (On second thought)
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »
    Anyway, someone in this thread already offered the solution for those who want a full wipe and fresh start.

Create a new shard. Those who want to go to it can go to it.

That's no solution, as they're going to combine all the shards anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    It's a random sample, they represent the majority, if not better (because any who will take 2 seconds to post and write detailed comments is more likely to be looking for long-term commitment to the game).

UM, maybe you should by a Dictionary because a player forum is FAR from a Random Sampling. Unless, you consider a poll of Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party Patriots also a random sample.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ziron2000 wrote: »
    We are all suffering due to hackers here and the people everyone should be mad at is the people who exploited/cheated the game.
    It seems there is no need for a wipe. So, I should be mad at the people calling for a wipe. Heh.
  • Options
    goddess2spiritsgoddess2spirits Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Is this why the game is down a hacker hacked the game?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Doesn't mean new shards can't be created. We probably need a test shard anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I already retracted my support for that idea. As far as I can tell, all shards use the same Auction House. So creating a new shard doesnt really resolve the AD inflation ... if there is any inflation.

I doubt the number of exploiters is significant anyway. A ban seems to be an effective solution.
  • Options
    sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do wipe they loose 50% of players and future profits.
    If they don't wipe they only loose the 1% of you butt hurt players.
    PW want's the money. They are a business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all there is NO WAY IN HELL PWE will approve a full character wipe, and YES this will be PWE's decision not cryptic. This is not a game decision, but purely a financial decision. It's PWE that will have to deal with the tens of thousands of people that already spent money on this game. Tons of people will want refunds. I know I would be one of them. Not that I care about the progress I made with my characters, but more so about the decisions I made when I paid my own $$ into this game.
    So if PWE is willing to refund me my $70 back, I will be 100% behind a full character wipe. That's what a wipe means. We pretend all our previous and contractual arrangements never took place. If you force the players to start from scratch, then it is only fair that you "the game" also start from scratch and try to earn your money back from me.

Second, what is a character wipe suppose to accomplish? Are there any major changes to the game, its economy, its AH/Zen exchange that will ensure things don't end up messed up again? I don't see any evidence of that. It makes absolutely no sense
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    meneleasmeneleas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The short term pain of a wipe will be much less than the long term pain of the servers' broken economy. It's the lesser of 2 evils. Wipe the servers (not Foundry ofc), refund all bought zen, perma-ban exploiters.

There's pages all over Reddit of people boasting that PW hasn't found their mule accounts or AD/gear stashed with friends. Better to loose people now with a wipe then I suspect loose more due to broken economy.

The majority of players I suspect don't play many hours per day, nor have millions+ of AD stashed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    by your logic,
    i could say that every single "no" vote was the same person using multiple accounts.

face it, the majority of PAYING players are forum-goers, or at least have visited the forum since the downtime started. and the majority of people who are visiting this forum are voting "yes" to a wipe. if PWE is making it's money from PAYING players and PAYING players want a wipe, then PWE is losing absolutely nothing by giving us a wipe. in fact, it will restore faith in many of their PAYING players which will encourage them to pay more.

just because you dont want it doesnt mean it's not true.

idiot.

Sorry to break it to you but you are WRONG, there are actually real numbers on this, granted I got them from speaking to devs at another game but it holds true. Forum posters are NOT and Never have been a Representative Sample of the the game even in P2P games. They are Activists for the game as such there population is made up of people who are generally upset with the current state of the game. I have said this in other posts but it is true. Forum Posters are more like Tea Party People or Occupy People they should be listened (cause they tend to have good ideas) to but are not in anyway the majority view. The Fact is MOST of the players likely as not DON'T REALLY CARE about this. They will care however if Weeks worth of playtime is wiped out and they have to go through the same boring leveling quests again, no they won't /ragequit, they will likly however get bored much faster and leave though apathy.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meneleas wrote: »
    The short term pain of a wipe will be much less than the long term pain of the servers' broken economy. It's the lesser of 2 evils. Wipe the servers (not Foundry ofc), refund all bought zen, perma-ban exploiters.

There's pages all over Reddit of people boasting that PW hasn't found their mule accounts or AD/gear stashed with friends. Better to loose people now with a wipe then I suspect loose more due to broken economy.

The majority of players I suspect don't play many hours per day, nor have millions+ of AD stashed.

How would they know if the servers aren't up yet? Or perhaps they're being surveillanced like police undergoing dragnets?
  • Options
    meneleasmeneleas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good point. Though people have got ban mails so I guess if you have 3 accounts and only 1 gets banned...

But it's a fair comment and I wonder if these same folks will still be boasting when the servers come back up ;)
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Support full wipe after they fix exploits.
  • Options
    xakanrnxakanrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    despite majority on poll wanting a wipe they went only 7 hrs rollback .i doubt that 7 hrs is all the exploiters were doing.It became apparent of the exploit when some of them decided to be open about it 7 hrs ago but they were exploiting long before!
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exploit was going on more than 7 hours. Ill-gotten wealth will still be floating around. Trillions of AD. The game is d3ad!
  • Options
    volkiravolkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe even though I will lose my locked box purple mount and purple crafters I got from lock boxes and level 60CW

A fresh start is the only way to go.

Open beta finished ....early start and launch day and everyone will be happy to spend cash again without the exploits lingering
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Online WAS NOT ready for open beta. Therefore i support full wipe.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
This discussion has been closed.