test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    so in the end the only fair and balanced thing is to give everyone the maximum amount of AD they can carry, 10000 zen and every character level 60 with all epic gear and cats. Now you have nothing to complain about except the lack of end game content... this should thoroughly inspire you to delete your own accounts and start over out of sheer boredom.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, their updates with what they're doing is hilarious and useless. First they needed to decide what to do, then they decided on a plan yet haven't told us about it even after it's been decided. Now they're confirming that decision that they made hours ago. Next they will need to reconfirm that decision.

The plan is already being put into action, the decisions being made are what to tell us and how to word it.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In some industries, just because it is Sunday you are not necessarily off of the job.
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Its sunday, most of them are probably not there, who is their is stringing everyone else along buying time, for the main staff to roll in and then dump it in their laps (effectively passing the buck). Downtime, will say several more hrs at least, then they will have to bring in a fix for the exploit, test it because its now in the open and if they brought the servers back up now without fixing it then they will just have the same problem again instantly.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad they are doing something. Keep up the work!
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • criptoniccriptonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha lmao i totally agree:D
  • apollodawg#7618 apollodawg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...looking for the "like" button...
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand what the AD exploit was..what were people doing?

Getting Hundreds of Trillions of AD from the auction house and flooding the market with it.
  • anarchya420anarchya420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wish they woulda said it would be a 48 hour patch wouldnt of even botherd to stay up -.-
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone frustrated?

The guys there will fix the problems, they will find a way that's good for the big amount of players.
    Be positive, at least this problem will not occur again, because they will repair it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
  • kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    merciess wrote: »
    You have to appreciate the developers of this game. These people spent their whole Sunday trying to correct this issue. Any of you who don't realize that should take your money and time somewhere else.

How do you not realize that they spent their sunday doing as they pleased. Nothing got done today. Its literally been 8 or so hours of "we're working on a plan"
  • themagicwombat2themagicwombat2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lukums wrote: »
    Holy **** at this admin, if I was working for the company I'd be so ... I dunno 6pm-9pm..

6pm... we are working on a plan still stay tuned.
    9pm... we have a plan... stay tuned... LOLOLOLOL pathetic

Gotta love how 9 hours into a 1 hour downtime they have dropped back to providing updates every 3 hours.
  • etonegreennoteetonegreennote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

I think you mean to say: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.

But in all seriousness, I'm eager to see how this is going to resolve itself :x
  • j0nixj0nix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haven't finalized and posted the plan in 9hrs. God, I dont even wanna know how long it'll take to execute.
  • rolo79rolo79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bladen1234 wrote: »
    N It's basically a rogues and priests game. All other classes are gimps. What fun is that? I'm still gutting it out with a 45 lvl GWF through non-foundry PVE. My toon is spec'd out as good as I can tell and his gear is decent, but he's a wuss. A GWF should be high DPS - he's anything but. Once I run through the whole story of the game, what else is there for me to do with a GWF, but get my hind end kicked repeatedly in PVP?

You guys gotta fix that class.

Im playing a GWF and at lvl what ever im doing pvp, skirmish, etc, im usually top 2 if not top, in damage dealt, even among a party of rogues casters etc, its all in your point distribution. Granted if you want to be high dps like that you really have no leave way for having fun with your GWF. So spec all damage bonus, all crit bonus, etc.
  • endlesszordendlesszord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am still worried about the cats... i know there are cats sitting on mules, so many cats on mules and... well... as soon as the servers are back up, maybe in a few days, the mules with the cats will come out of the woodwork like roaches and rats and will flood the AH... it won't be good, not good at all :(
    What are these cats that I'm hearing about everywhere. I'm only level 19 on my main, is it for higher levels or something. I'm so confused :confused:

I hope all this time is being spent correctly banning or removing the right issues so that as much of our progress can be saved as possible.
  • yobhguodyobhguod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merciess wrote: »
    You have to appreciate the developers of this game. These people spent their whole Sunday trying to correct this issue. Any of you who don't realize that should take your money and time somewhere else.

I don't think you understand that it's their job, regardless of what day it is. Do you think cops get good merrits if they work on thanksgiving or Christmas eve/day/night? Nope it's their **** job, if they don't like the hours then why are they working. I'm sure they knew about this exploit and didn't care enough until multiple people were crashing the auction house and it disrupted their game play. I guarantee you that's what happened. Any developer of any game with this much down time has 2 reasons to keep us in the dark. 1. They have no idea how to fix this issue 2. They haven't found the issue yet.
  • pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next update: We have decided to confirm a new update. Stay tunned!
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D: going to lose my celestial coins!!!!!!

MY COINS!!!!
  • trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morfedd wrote: »
    Game probably won't be up until a few more hours - post about plan is incoming any time.

Indeed.

cathgar457 wrote: »
    In some industries, just because it is Sunday you are not necessarily off of the job.

Somewhat true, but no question, a lot of the people who worked today weren't planning to do so.

tobogon wrote: »
    "a couple of people" i.e. legal department

Not hard to figure out considering

Nope. Managers, producers, etc.
  • dukearseburndukearseburn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollbacks arnt needed... Keep the everything offline until they have found everyone who intentionally exploited, ip ban and remove items/currency of unknowing people that did not know of the exploit.
  • epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is how I feel about what they have been telling us.. hope you dont feel the same way as me and my friends..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    TLDR: Doesn't matter what they call it. It is permanent and they need a solution that does not compromise the fact that what is out there is permanent.

well, as i said in my response post, it does matter what they call it. if this was the finished product i might be spending money in the game, and i know a lot of other people are waiting for that as well.

i also disagree that content is permanent. that's why every MMO posts a disclaimer that content is subject to change. they can add or remove anything they want, especially during, or as the result of, beta.

they've promised no wipe, but we're not guaranteed that in any way. if enough people get vocal (and a lot of paying people are getting vocal), they could choose to backtrack on that. not saying they will, in fact it looks like 99.9% certain that they won't. but i wouldn't rest on your assumption that things are permanent.

again, just another reason many of us are waiting for live to hop into the money transaction stuff. just want them to have a chance to iron the bugs out first.
  • mrley007mrley007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plan : delete servers c:
    There , i fixed it for you.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I logged out yesterday morning, I was standing outside the Cloak Tower, on the ledge, feeling great. I had just finished soloing the Cloak Tower at level 18 (when I was finished, I was nearing level 20). I had solved the puzzle at the end, found all the flowers and gems; I had looted much (if not all) of the rare loot rumored to drop in the Tower. I had done it all with gear bought with gold, except for the Graycloak's Legacy sword and insignia and health stones from the founders packs. I went through 40 potions and over 100 health stones.

It was one of the hardest, longest fights in any game I've ever played, second only to an Architect Entertainment mission I did with a team in City of Heroes one time. It was the hardest, longest solo mission ever for me (it took between 5 and 6 hours).

If I am not standing there, progress intact, when the servers come back, I am going to take a long, hard look at this hobby and ask myself if it's worth my investment. And when I say investment, I don't just mean money.

After City of Heroes, I'm getting tired of watching the bad guys win. And whether it's losing all of my characters and adventures to NCSoft, or losing all of my progress to Cryptic and exploiters, I'm beginning to wonder if there's any other way but victory for the bad guys in this industry.

I think I'm done with this discussion.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • kornkilla2kornkilla2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they got about 5 minutes beofre i start flipping the f*ck out, ive been waiting all day!... and i gotta work 2morrow F*ck sake.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rolo79 wrote: »
    Im playing a GWF and at lvl what ever im doing pvp, skirmish, etc, im usually top 2 if not top, in damage dealt, even among a party of rogues casters etc, its all in your point distribution. Granted if you want to be high dps like that you really have no leave way for having fun with your GWF. So spec all damage bonus, all crit bonus, etc.

My 10.8k TR has yet to be beat in damage by anyone once he hit 60 :) the 2 second best daggers in the game, master assassin armor set a greater lightning enchant on the main hand and a greater tene enchant in the offhand.. no one beats me in damage :)
  • fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to remind me of the opening of Al Capones vault by Jerrold...
  • soulesscthulhusoulesscthulhu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im usually pretty patient considering its a beta. i fully understand its a beta, BUT OVER 7 HOURS!! its my ONE day off. FIX IT! and the guy or girl on twitter is HORRIBLE at ignoring people. JUST FIX IT!
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are these cats that I'm hearing about everywhere. I'm only level 19 on my main, is it for higher levels or something. I'm so confused :confused:

I hope all this time is being spent correctly banning or removing the right issues so that as much of our progress can be saved as possible.

The domestic cat[1][2] (Felis catus[2] or Felis silvestris catus[4]) is a small, usually furry, domesticated, and carnivorous mammal. It is often called the housecat when kept as an indoor pet,[6] or simply the cat when there is no need to distinguish it from other felids and felines. Cats are often valued by humans for companionship and their ability to hunt vermin and household pests.

Cats are similar in anatomy to the other felids, with strong, flexible bodies, quick reflexes, sharp retractable claws, and teeth adapted to killing small prey. Cat senses fit a crepuscular and predatory ecological niche. Cats can hear sounds too faint or too high in frequency for human ears, such as those made by mice and other small game. They can see in near darkness. Like most other mammals, cats have poorer color vision and a better sense of smell than humans.

Despite being solitary hunters, cats are a social species, and cat communication includes the use of a variety of vocalizations (meowing, purring, trilling, hissing, growling and grunting) as well as cat pheromones and types of cat-specific body language.[7]

Cats have a rapid breeding rate. Under controlled breeding, they can be bred and shown as registered pedigree pets, a hobby known as cat fancy. Failure to control the breeding of pet cats by spaying and neutering, and the abandonment of former household pets, has resulted in large numbers of feral cats worldwide, requiring population control.[8]

Since cats were cult animals in ancient Egypt, they were commonly believed to have been domesticated there,[9] but there may have been instances of domestication as early as the Neolithic.[10]

A genetic study in 2007 revealed that domestic cats are descended from African wildcats (Felis silvestris lybica) c. 8000 BCE, in the Middle East.[9][11] According to Scientific American, cats are the most popular pet in the world, and are now found almost every place where people live