test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand what the AD exploit was..what were people doing?

Exploiters found a way to bid negative amounts on the AH. This literally created Astral Diamonds from nothing. They used this 'duped' AD to buy up all the Zen that people posted. With this unlimited AD they bought up tons of stuff at the AH and vendor things like the Cat companion (nearly 1 mil AD) and traded them to others.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOA: Anyone who still thinks the game is in open beta and not live:
    Please contact me as soon as possible. I work for a very important lawyer in Nigeria and I need some assistance moving some currency out of the country.
    Thanks in advance,
  • mikevickbaby666mikevickbaby666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how was this allowed to slip thru from closed beta? i know of a bunch of people that reported this excact same issue from closed beta and it got in to "open" beta. its almost like you guys wanted this to happen so all the zen would be brought up illegitimately so people would be "FORCED" to buy more zen from you.

let alone the fact servers should have been shut-down alot quicker then the 8hrs or god knows how long this was being done in secret before it exploded into the mess it became at the end.
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to remind me of the opening of Al Capones vault by Jerrold...

It's Geraldo Rivera

GeraldoRiveraSept2010.jpg
  • radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm done waiting for this. A plan of action has been coming "soon" for many many hours now. I don't believe a single word here anymore. I'll check again tomorrow sometime after work.

If I've lost progress on my character in any significant amount I will be VERY displeased.
  • painstakepainstake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im usually pretty patient considering its a beta. i fully understand its a beta, BUT OVER 7 HOURS!! its my ONE day off. FIX IT! and the guy or girl on twitter is HORRIBLE at ignoring people. JUST FIX IT!

Well they can fix it or be at your beck and call which is it?
  • dwillbdwillb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploiters found a way to bid negative amounts on the AH. This literally created Astral Diamonds from nothing. They used this 'duped' AD to buy up all the Zen that people posted. With this unlimited AD they bought up tons of stuff at the AH and endor things like the Cat companion (nearly 1 mil AD) and traded them to others.

Ah so that's why Zen was so expensive when I got on last night... Was this exploit complicated or something people could just randomly do?
  • joopus84joopus84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope the servers get up soon!... don't wanna have to call in sick tomorrow just to get my fix!
    lol jk
  • merciessmerciess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimosami8 wrote: »
    How do you not realize that they spent their sunday doing as they pleased. Nothing got done today. Its literally been 8 or so hours of "we're working on a plan"

I guess for someone like me who works more than a 9-5 / Mon-Fri. I can relate to having to work a Sat or Sun when I should be relaxing enjoying the weekend.
  • meshtanmeshtan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    well, it does make a difference. i don't pay for content in beta. i'm not even sure yet there aren't bugs or exploits in the cash transaction software, and i'm not cozy using real money to help them figure that out. obviously plenty of other people are, but they're the most vocal people here when things do go wrong. when they are reminded this is open beta, they flip **** and say it's not beta. they can't do that. they knew it was beta going in. they knew it was beta as they spent money.

that's the difference it makes. some of us sit back and take a wait-and-see approach as the game goes through it's beta growing pains. so far this game, to my mind, has been pretty smooth. or at least par-for-the-course. better than a lot of open betas, maybe not quite as smooth as others. but this isn't the stage where i let them play with my real money. and their announcing that this is open beta helps me make that decision.
    Look, in GW2's beta, they opened their cash shop, but they made it clear there was going to be a wipe between open beta and launch. They said they were going to restore all the gems that people bought during that wipe process (and they did). That was a true open beta. This is not, this is PR garbage. They can call it whatever they want, but when you say "no more character wipes" then you've committed the game is effectively released. This is a company that wants it both ways. They want the increased income generation from the cash shop of a live game but the "cover" of Beta from a PR standpoint when stuff breaks. It just doesn't fly for me.
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOA: Anyone who still thinks the game is in open beta and not live:
    Please contact me as soon as possible. I work for a very important lawyer in Nigeria and I need some assistance moving some currency out of the country.
    Thanks in advance,

i think the game is in open beta and is not live, and while i appreciate your Nigerian lawyer offer, i think i'll pass. =)
  • fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah thanks :) I fail at spelling.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think people would have been so frustrated at the shard being down if they just would have said it will down for 12-24 hours instead of saying a couple hours like they did. It dont really matter to me as long as they get it fixed. I would rather them fix it right than fix it quick. That being said i really want to get playing again soon...Im having Neverwinter withdraws.

Also, I would like to appeal to the kind people on the forum and in the game to: "I need a better da*m Dagger Foundation" If you have a extra Master Assassins long dagger or Murderous Jester dagger or an Iceshard dagger your donation would be greatly appreciated. I will also take donations of gold. I will not spend the gold on alcohol or drugs. PLEASE HELP
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.
  • stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    + Wipe the servers and I want $60 refund for Guardian pack plus refund for all Zen I purchased, then I am fine with it.
    + Rollback is fine if it is only AD rollback, if it is also EXP then I want exp potions to help recover lost exp. I have limited play time and do not want to spend days recovering lost exp due to some exploiting kids.

+ Unless you are a moderator or the developer, don't bother responding, I don't deal with kids/trolls on these forums.

Thanks,
    Enjoy your day!
  • banesavage3banesavage3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while ur at it, fix the search function for the AH as well, the level search doesnt work -.-
  • vaerdisvaerdis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as much as we want a wipe.. they already stated none will happen, been watching their twitter stuff.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.

Noone cares about your vote. they said they are not wiping. Don't you have school in the morning? get to bed kid.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The post about the plan of action is being confirmed ... its getting close.

The next post will be ...

They are now in paragraph two of the post. We will update when they get to paragraph three. Stay tuned. We're getting close.
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indeed.

Somewhat true, but no question, a lot of the people who worked today weren't planning to do so.

Nope. Managers, producers, etc.

no soup for you!!!
    Silverhand
  • damnyankeedamnyankee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while I respect the devs giving their time on Sunday and the great work that they do, these updates are beginning to sound like teasers, something to keep one interested. I realize they are hard pressed and that work they do I cant, ugh, guess I just getting impatient..
    I still say they should hang these exploiters by the short hair.
    and the devs are doing a good job..."tips hat and raises glass of beer" to the devs
  • fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clearly there is a strong air of management in the air at PW and Cryptic, no dev would take this long to post an action plan.
  • isaracisarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.

That could be a dangerous precedent. Will there be a wipe every time there is a major exploit?

Something along these lines could happen again. It's software.
  • ssoftmaidenssoftmaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... ever two hours they post an update.. about their updates.. so ... plans of actions take two hours each ?
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.

That is a very sanitary choice
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The plan is already being put into action, the decisions being made are what to tell us and how to word it.
    Exactly.

this is a delicate issue, and obviously what they have decided to do is very major, and that's why they will need to be very careful and thorough with how they explain it.

then again, for most of the posters on this forum, it doesn't matter what Cryptic says. they are still going to act like the world is ending regardless.
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    damnyankee wrote: »
    while I respect the devs giving their time on Sunday and the great work that they do, these updates are beginning to sound like teasers, something to keep one interested. I realize they are hard pressed and that work they do I cant, ugh, guess I just getting impatient..
    I still say they should hang these exploiters by the short hair.
    and the devs are doing a good job..."tips hat and raises glass of beer" to the devs

LOL, do you think they are not being paid to do their jobs?
  • femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isarac wrote: »
    That could be a dangerous precedent. Will there be a wipe every time there is a major exploit?

Something along these lines could happen again. It's software.

Who cares if they wipe? It's beta, right? (that's sarcasm, btw)
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalgomar wrote: »
    That is a very sanitary choice

depends on which way
  • jaeponjaepon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping us informed.