Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morfedd wrote: »
    Game probably won't be up until a few more hours - post about plan is incoming any time.

Indeed.

cathgar457 wrote: »
    In some industries, just because it is Sunday you are not necessarily off of the job.

Somewhat true, but no question, a lot of the people who worked today weren't planning to do so.

tobogon wrote: »
    "a couple of people" i.e. legal department

Not hard to figure out considering

Nope. Managers, producers, etc.
  • Options
    dukearseburndukearseburn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollbacks arnt needed... Keep the everything offline until they have found everyone who intentionally exploited, ip ban and remove items/currency of unknowing people that did not know of the exploit.
  • Options
    epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is how I feel about what they have been telling us.. hope you dont feel the same way as me and my friends..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    TLDR: Doesn't matter what they call it. It is permanent and they need a solution that does not compromise the fact that what is out there is permanent.

well, as i said in my response post, it does matter what they call it. if this was the finished product i might be spending money in the game, and i know a lot of other people are waiting for that as well.

i also disagree that content is permanent. that's why every MMO posts a disclaimer that content is subject to change. they can add or remove anything they want, especially during, or as the result of, beta.

they've promised no wipe, but we're not guaranteed that in any way. if enough people get vocal (and a lot of paying people are getting vocal), they could choose to backtrack on that. not saying they will, in fact it looks like 99.9% certain that they won't. but i wouldn't rest on your assumption that things are permanent.

again, just another reason many of us are waiting for live to hop into the money transaction stuff. just want them to have a chance to iron the bugs out first.
  • Options
    mrley007mrley007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plan : delete servers c:
    There , i fixed it for you.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I logged out yesterday morning, I was standing outside the Cloak Tower, on the ledge, feeling great. I had just finished soloing the Cloak Tower at level 18 (when I was finished, I was nearing level 20). I had solved the puzzle at the end, found all the flowers and gems; I had looted much (if not all) of the rare loot rumored to drop in the Tower. I had done it all with gear bought with gold, except for the Graycloak's Legacy sword and insignia and health stones from the founders packs. I went through 40 potions and over 100 health stones.

It was one of the hardest, longest fights in any game I've ever played, second only to an Architect Entertainment mission I did with a team in City of Heroes one time. It was the hardest, longest solo mission ever for me (it took between 5 and 6 hours).

If I am not standing there, progress intact, when the servers come back, I am going to take a long, hard look at this hobby and ask myself if it's worth my investment. And when I say investment, I don't just mean money.

After City of Heroes, I'm getting tired of watching the bad guys win. And whether it's losing all of my characters and adventures to NCSoft, or losing all of my progress to Cryptic and exploiters, I'm beginning to wonder if there's any other way but victory for the bad guys in this industry.

I think I'm done with this discussion.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    kornkilla2kornkilla2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they got about 5 minutes beofre i start flipping the f*ck out, ive been waiting all day!... and i gotta work 2morrow F*ck sake.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rolo79 wrote: »
    Im playing a GWF and at lvl what ever im doing pvp, skirmish, etc, im usually top 2 if not top, in damage dealt, even among a party of rogues casters etc, its all in your point distribution. Granted if you want to be high dps like that you really have no leave way for having fun with your GWF. So spec all damage bonus, all crit bonus, etc.

My 10.8k TR has yet to be beat in damage by anyone once he hit 60 :) the 2 second best daggers in the game, master assassin armor set a greater lightning enchant on the main hand and a greater tene enchant in the offhand.. no one beats me in damage :)
  • Options
    fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to remind me of the opening of Al Capones vault by Jerrold...
  • Options
    soulesscthulhusoulesscthulhu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im usually pretty patient considering its a beta. i fully understand its a beta, BUT OVER 7 HOURS!! its my ONE day off. FIX IT! and the guy or girl on twitter is HORRIBLE at ignoring people. JUST FIX IT!
  • Options
    dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are these cats that I'm hearing about everywhere. I'm only level 19 on my main, is it for higher levels or something. I'm so confused :confused:

I hope all this time is being spent correctly banning or removing the right issues so that as much of our progress can be saved as possible.

The domestic cat[1][2] (Felis catus[2] or Felis silvestris catus[4]) is a small, usually furry, domesticated, and carnivorous mammal. It is often called the housecat when kept as an indoor pet,[6] or simply the cat when there is no need to distinguish it from other felids and felines. Cats are often valued by humans for companionship and their ability to hunt vermin and household pests.

Cats are similar in anatomy to the other felids, with strong, flexible bodies, quick reflexes, sharp retractable claws, and teeth adapted to killing small prey. Cat senses fit a crepuscular and predatory ecological niche. Cats can hear sounds too faint or too high in frequency for human ears, such as those made by mice and other small game. They can see in near darkness. Like most other mammals, cats have poorer color vision and a better sense of smell than humans.

Despite being solitary hunters, cats are a social species, and cat communication includes the use of a variety of vocalizations (meowing, purring, trilling, hissing, growling and grunting) as well as cat pheromones and types of cat-specific body language.[7]

Cats have a rapid breeding rate. Under controlled breeding, they can be bred and shown as registered pedigree pets, a hobby known as cat fancy. Failure to control the breeding of pet cats by spaying and neutering, and the abandonment of former household pets, has resulted in large numbers of feral cats worldwide, requiring population control.[8]

Since cats were cult animals in ancient Egypt, they were commonly believed to have been domesticated there,[9] but there may have been instances of domestication as early as the Neolithic.[10]

A genetic study in 2007 revealed that domestic cats are descended from African wildcats (Felis silvestris lybica) c. 8000 BCE, in the Middle East.[9][11] According to Scientific American, cats are the most popular pet in the world, and are now found almost every place where people live
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand what the AD exploit was..what were people doing?

Exploiters found a way to bid negative amounts on the AH. This literally created Astral Diamonds from nothing. They used this 'duped' AD to buy up all the Zen that people posted. With this unlimited AD they bought up tons of stuff at the AH and vendor things like the Cat companion (nearly 1 mil AD) and traded them to others.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOA: Anyone who still thinks the game is in open beta and not live:
    Please contact me as soon as possible. I work for a very important lawyer in Nigeria and I need some assistance moving some currency out of the country.
    Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    mikevickbaby666mikevickbaby666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how was this allowed to slip thru from closed beta? i know of a bunch of people that reported this excact same issue from closed beta and it got in to "open" beta. its almost like you guys wanted this to happen so all the zen would be brought up illegitimately so people would be "FORCED" to buy more zen from you.

let alone the fact servers should have been shut-down alot quicker then the 8hrs or god knows how long this was being done in secret before it exploded into the mess it became at the end.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to remind me of the opening of Al Capones vault by Jerrold...

It's Geraldo Rivera

GeraldoRiveraSept2010.jpg
  • Options
    radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm done waiting for this. A plan of action has been coming "soon" for many many hours now. I don't believe a single word here anymore. I'll check again tomorrow sometime after work.

If I've lost progress on my character in any significant amount I will be VERY displeased.
  • Options
    painstakepainstake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im usually pretty patient considering its a beta. i fully understand its a beta, BUT OVER 7 HOURS!! its my ONE day off. FIX IT! and the guy or girl on twitter is HORRIBLE at ignoring people. JUST FIX IT!

Well they can fix it or be at your beck and call which is it?
  • Options
    dwillbdwillb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploiters found a way to bid negative amounts on the AH. This literally created Astral Diamonds from nothing. They used this 'duped' AD to buy up all the Zen that people posted. With this unlimited AD they bought up tons of stuff at the AH and endor things like the Cat companion (nearly 1 mil AD) and traded them to others.

Ah so that's why Zen was so expensive when I got on last night... Was this exploit complicated or something people could just randomly do?
  • Options
    joopus84joopus84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope the servers get up soon!... don't wanna have to call in sick tomorrow just to get my fix!
    lol jk
  • Options
    merciessmerciess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimosami8 wrote: »
    How do you not realize that they spent their sunday doing as they pleased. Nothing got done today. Its literally been 8 or so hours of "we're working on a plan"

I guess for someone like me who works more than a 9-5 / Mon-Fri. I can relate to having to work a Sat or Sun when I should be relaxing enjoying the weekend.
  • Options
    meshtanmeshtan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    well, it does make a difference. i don't pay for content in beta. i'm not even sure yet there aren't bugs or exploits in the cash transaction software, and i'm not cozy using real money to help them figure that out. obviously plenty of other people are, but they're the most vocal people here when things do go wrong. when they are reminded this is open beta, they flip **** and say it's not beta. they can't do that. they knew it was beta going in. they knew it was beta as they spent money.

that's the difference it makes. some of us sit back and take a wait-and-see approach as the game goes through it's beta growing pains. so far this game, to my mind, has been pretty smooth. or at least par-for-the-course. better than a lot of open betas, maybe not quite as smooth as others. but this isn't the stage where i let them play with my real money. and their announcing that this is open beta helps me make that decision.
    Look, in GW2's beta, they opened their cash shop, but they made it clear there was going to be a wipe between open beta and launch. They said they were going to restore all the gems that people bought during that wipe process (and they did). That was a true open beta. This is not, this is PR garbage. They can call it whatever they want, but when you say "no more character wipes" then you've committed the game is effectively released. This is a company that wants it both ways. They want the increased income generation from the cash shop of a live game but the "cover" of Beta from a PR standpoint when stuff breaks. It just doesn't fly for me.
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOA: Anyone who still thinks the game is in open beta and not live:
    Please contact me as soon as possible. I work for a very important lawyer in Nigeria and I need some assistance moving some currency out of the country.
    Thanks in advance,

i think the game is in open beta and is not live, and while i appreciate your Nigerian lawyer offer, i think i'll pass. =)
  • Options
    fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah thanks :) I fail at spelling.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think people would have been so frustrated at the shard being down if they just would have said it will down for 12-24 hours instead of saying a couple hours like they did. It dont really matter to me as long as they get it fixed. I would rather them fix it right than fix it quick. That being said i really want to get playing again soon...Im having Neverwinter withdraws.

Also, I would like to appeal to the kind people on the forum and in the game to: "I need a better da*m Dagger Foundation" If you have a extra Master Assassins long dagger or Murderous Jester dagger or an Iceshard dagger your donation would be greatly appreciated. I will also take donations of gold. I will not spend the gold on alcohol or drugs. PLEASE HELP
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    + Wipe the servers and I want $60 refund for Guardian pack plus refund for all Zen I purchased, then I am fine with it.
    + Rollback is fine if it is only AD rollback, if it is also EXP then I want exp potions to help recover lost exp. I have limited play time and do not want to spend days recovering lost exp due to some exploiting kids.

+ Unless you are a moderator or the developer, don't bother responding, I don't deal with kids/trolls on these forums.

Thanks,
    Enjoy your day!
  • Options
    banesavage3banesavage3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while ur at it, fix the search function for the AH as well, the level search doesnt work -.-
  • Options
    vaerdisvaerdis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as much as we want a wipe.. they already stated none will happen, been watching their twitter stuff.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I vote wipe.

Noone cares about your vote. they said they are not wiping. Don't you have school in the morning? get to bed kid.
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The post about the plan of action is being confirmed ... its getting close.

The next post will be ...

They are now in paragraph two of the post. We will update when they get to paragraph three. Stay tuned. We're getting close.