test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• herrohanzbrixherrohanzbrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rikiji wrote: »
    While I realize the situation looks dire at the moment, once the exploit is addressed, the economy will normalize after a couple of weeks. The impact of a short term exploit like this is trivial over the lifetime of a mmo - particularly if strong action is taken to resolve it.

Sadly most won't see it that way but I couldn't agree more. They'll correct it, we'll be down a day and a year or so from now when the next "big thing" happens we'll chuckle about the time the AH crashed to exploits.
  • lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that I know what they are fixing, I am glad they are working on it.

Where does it say they are "fixing anything"...???
    All we have seen is they are ( making a decision the last 7 hours ) and we are still waiting for the notes to be posted.
  • ninjasinninjasin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Via Twitter 11 min ago, to those thinking server wipe is a possibility: Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

There isnt goin to be a wipe, more likely is a rollback of some sort.
  • hwedragnhearthwedragnheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    compensation for what? You didnt buy a founder pack....and you played for free...what would they owe you?

AS so many of you have forgotten to take into affect is this. Just cause someone hasn't put money on game doesn't mean they don't have cash shop stuff or zen! . There the simple thing called ad exchanged for zen. So before all you people that paid real money towards game and say its ok to wipe all accounts or roll back account. Try looking at bigger picture there is others like my self that has used my ad to buy zen to get cash shop items and it would be unfair to us to roll back or wipe . Is why pw wouldn't do a wipe or a big rollback.

So maybe before you open mouth and insert foot you might look at whole picture wipe is out of question cause it would take them more time and cost pw more to try to go and hunt down data for the player that did used there ad for zen exchange.
  • twigdoctwigdoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be a lot of drama queening in here. Something is wrong, most likely some DBs have figured out an exploit. If you think you know all about it then you are one of the drama queens so relax, let them work, and apply more glitter!
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Most people raging on here remind me of THIS GUY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tLG4ORwXFQ

LMAO
  • alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistatos wrote: »
    I am Mistato! And I see a whole community of my D&D players, here in defiance of exploiters. You've come to fight as F2P players... and F2P players you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you play?

-Play? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.

Aye, play and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the exploiters that they may take our diamonds, but they'll never take... OUR GAMING!

+1 Bloody Brilliant!
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ninjasin wrote: »
    Via Twitter 11 min ago, to those thinking server wipe is a possibility: Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

There isnt goin to be a wipe, more likely is a rollback of some sort.

Does that mean that there will be a wipe AFTER or in the live launch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    I think the label has become rather arbitrary. I suppose you could argue that it's about fixing bugs.
    The real reason they launch games and keep the label of "open beta" is so they can have double the press.
  • unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to PWE for taking it seriously! Hope to log in tomorrow!
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprat40 wrote: »
    I'm glad they are keeping us constantly up to date with what's going on. Not used to that kind of attention in an MMO.

Yes, I'm so glad the updates keep telling us "soon" and "shortly" they'll have an ETA. It's just soothes the anticipation and anxiety, otherwise.
  • amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lol-an-exploit-just-destroyed-the-neverwinter-mmo-economy.453035733/
    so they took the ah model from sto for NV and the ones who knew about this bug are doing it since launch, just wipe
  • chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    What part of their recent tweet:

"There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this."

..do you think we're reading too much into?

that statement only says they will not wipe characters "up to" live launch, it DOES NOT say they will not do so FOR live launch...keep trying though, your getting a little closer at least.

for the record, if they don't wipe them, I will be happy as a clam to be able to continue on with my beta characters, I however do not hold on to the assumption of that being the reality.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    AS so manu of you have forgotten to take into affect is this. Just cause someone hasn't put money on game doesn't mean they don't have cash shop stuff or zen! . There the simple thing called ad exchanged for zen. So before all you people that paid real money towards game and say its ok to wipe all accounts or roll back account. Try looking at bigger picture there is others like my self that has used my ad to buy zen to get cash shop items and it would be unfair to us to roll back or wipe . Is why pw wouldn't do a wipe or a big rollback.

So maybe before you open mouth and insert foot you might look at whole picture wipe is out of question cause it would take them more time and cost pw more to try to go and hunt down data for the player that did used there ad for zen exchange.

I tried to read this but all I could get was.. WAHHHH! WAHHHH! WAHHH!
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    josepho01 wrote: »
    Simply put: If the game goes live without banning the exploiters or wiping the exploiters, then the exploiters win.

Fixed that for you. I'm not an exploiter and if they wiped my account, that certainly wouldn't be a "win" for me.

If you want your account wiped, go ahead and send in a ticket and ask them to wipe your account. Shove off and stop speaking on behalf of me and everyone. I don't want anything to do with your arrogant, heavy-handed "solution", I just want to continue to enjoy the game, minding my own business. Yes I hope the exploiters are dealt with (as severely as possible), but punishing ME for THEIR actions is one of the dumbest "solutions" I've ever heard.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The data is going to be pretty extensive. How far are they going to "roll back characters"?

The initiator is pretty easy to find.
    If the initiator is "transferring AD" to alt to "mask" their trail, that is going to be a little hard to find.
    If the initiator bought epic from LEGITIMATE source (lets assume none exploit version) would the seller lose their AD as well? (that is also data)
    What if the seller (legit) use the AD they just acquired and bought Zen (possible) and unlock bags and sold to ANOTHER player. Would that player lose that bag?

That is all kinds of data PWE is going to need. A chain reaction of event.

Just banning/rolling back the initiator alone is not going to solve the problem.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.

Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

A full wipe would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend of mine knows this guy who has inside information with PWE.
    And he says the issue now is that most stakeholders want a full wipe since that's what the community supports.
    Supposedly there are some hold outs because they said no wipe on some forum posts - just trying to save face.
    But it looks like the full wipe is going to win.... still a delay for the minority trying to save face...
  • nvroninnvronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one have spent good deal of real money on this game played it legit and if they roll my character back i will be demanding a refund of the money I spent on this game lets not even mention the time I have spent on the game.
  • archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubiquinone wrote: »
    Whoa, this must have come as a surprise to Cryptic. /sarcasm off

Just spreading the word how stupid the Cryptic staff is. Repeating the same mistakes. http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg

Think about this for a moment:

Stupid or planned?
  • trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. If you use a little creative thinking and deductive reasoning, its possible servers where left up in order to observe the players and the AH to see who was clearlyt abusing. Makes the job of gathering data a lot easier when you watch the ppl in action while they think they are unobserved.... ya? That too complicated to understand?

Nope. As soon as we realized how bad it was, and that it needed to go down right away, we started acting. It was only up long enough for us to dig around and see what the issue was -- we had all the data we needed from other sources to track perpetrators.

Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?

I can neither confirm, nor deny, the possibilities of tacos.

sanmerci wrote: »
    Just sayin' because it's true: Trailturtle, you are a class act. Good on ya!

Heh, thanks man!

djdopeamin wrote: »
    This game IS NOT IN OPEN BETA, It even says on the main perfect world pagehttp://www.perfectworld.com/ where you select which game you want, it has an L next to neverwinter, which according to their key means live.

That's a known issue, unfortunately. We are in open beta, Neverwinter is not launched live.
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    2z6cny1.png

34282940.png
  • chaos134chaos134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is not the answer. People will find ways to exploit the games regardless of a wipe or not. There ways to try and slow them down atleast. Asking for a wipe won't solve the issue at hand. I played a lot of mmo's in my time. I think let the Developer and publisher handle this and let them keep working. I have high hope for this game and the staff behind since there working to fix the issues as they come up. No mmo was perfect during beta's or full releases but what matters is the company is making the efforts to solve the issues however they can.
  • nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    realxfire wrote: »
    Meh. Wipe, don't wipe. Roll back, don't roll back. Don't care.

I have to admit the only thing which truly irritates me is the loss of Sunday game time, and knowing I did not log in and hit Ctrl-I to reset my prayer buff counter.

Oh well. Much like the various ZOMG LIFE IS RUINED days on Vanguards beta posts and and and... life goes on. There's always a game to log in to or load while the drama drags on.

Same here except for some reason, I haven't played another game. Sitting here reading this thread and twitter feed is pretty entertaining! Totally agree with the wasted Sunday game time though. I haven't got an ESO invite yet and everything else is getting repetitive so I planned to spend the day in NW. This is almost as fun...
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    that statement only says they will not wipe characters "up to" live launch, it DOES NOT say they will not do so FOR live launch...keep trying though, your getting a little closer at least.

You're not one of the guys that still thinks Mitt Romney can win the 2012 election, are you?
  • astyanathastyanath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would really like to play.. this waiting all day to try to play is messed up. All i seen about what the devs are doing about the problem is making a decision about what to do about it. Plus they say game is going to be up in 2 hours, 6 hours ago. Come on already, when the Warframe dev team had server melt they stayed up all night to fix them. Not too mention they posted continual, almost hourly, updates about the progress they were making. This wait to make a decision is infuriating.. I was thinking about putting money down for this but if its the dev team cant take the job seriously, then what's the point.
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I tried to read this but all I could get was.. WAHHHH! WAHHHH! WAHHH!

exactly, and that fact that we don't really care.
  • papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your troll-fu is not as strong as you think.
  • alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubertaz wrote: »
    11556097049RqJf7.jpg

Bahahahahaha :D
  • laurathelightlaurathelight Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ROFL @ all the arguing on here. That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Leader of the Light Warriors, Come join us ;D