test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, and you don't think the gold seller companies are going to do charge backs against the exploiters who sold them the goods? Have an exploiter explain to the credit companies or Paypal how their duped AD was obtained fraudulently and they should keep the money. Those guys will be on the hook for thousands of dollars.

Wait what.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 800+ vote 70% for a complete wipe.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 2000+ vote 60% for a complete wipe!

gg im off to bed now, i hope they wipe the servers or give us that want a clean server a new server to play on. anyway they are doing a good job with twitter and facrbook, i just hope they know that a lot of us want a clean and fair server, a rollback wont do it only a new server will do it!

Has no one been reading the Dev posts at all? No? I thought not. Of course you haven;t, because otherwise half these replies would not exist.

1) While I support a wipe, it will not happen. They stated openly and clearly there will be no wipe at all.

2) Polls are always badly manipulated. Most of the "answers" are folks on alt accounts adding to their own opinion. This is always only done by the starters of such polls and their supporters. Non-supporters usually don;t care and move on, because it doesn;t support their cause.

Either way . . . no wipe, as clearly announced. As for what they are indeed doing, we shall find out soon.

Disclaimer: Soon is Tradmarked by Blizzard Entertainment, and any use of the word in my post is in no way intended of copyright infringement. I do not in any way represent Blizzard Entertainment or any of it's subsidiaries. My use of the word "Soon" was not used for profit or commercial purpose.
  • Options
    mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izgara wrote: »
    Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

Wiping the entire game right now would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.

"Soft Launch", Open Beta(but no wipe:confused:).... What is all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> coming out of people's mouths these days? They are doing this because they lack the funds to develop a game properly before it's released and they know a lot of people won't play(pay) if there is going to be a wipe. Beta testing ALWAYS has a wipe at the end because you know the data will be trash at the end of it. And there is ALWAYS a few days down time between testing and live to put in any last minute bug fixes and adjustments to the economy. If there is no wipe then the game is LIVE, you can call it Dead if you want but the fact remains.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Good point ONLY if the exploit was tested a few times to see if it was repeatable and reported on..IF it was done numerous times and then the exploit was then utilized over and over again...then ban them. Since everything I am reading thus far.. the people responsible did it for quite a long time and benefited from it - THAT is not what beta testing is about. That makes it a bannable offense imo.

The key word in your comment is TESTING... beta testing. Nothing is being tested. PWE isn't inviting the public to put the game through it's paces to see if any exploits or bugs exist. They launched the final version and openly said there is no going back... this is it. That isn't what beta testing is. If this was beta testing then the exploiters should be patted on the back for doing their job. That is not the case when a company tells the public to invest $200 in founders packs. THAT is a final release.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1h
    We have a plan of action, and we're verifying the exact timeline and triple-checking the planned forum post.

Because unless they make the post so clear that a lobotomized Gerbil can understand it the masses will twist the meaning into something entirely different and find a whole new reason to rage.

Who am I kidding they will find a way anyhow. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the twitter dude is still waiting on the decision to make a decision about the decision to give you a decision about their decision that they are making the decision about the decision.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be okay with character wipes and refunds of actual cash transaction in to zen (ppl who paid money for zen get the zen back). I say doing it now and losing 17+ days of game play is much better than the alternative. I just made my first million AD but I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. Lets just call it a beta2 launch.

Oh and ban those who used the exploit more than once. Once could have been a mistake or a test. Twice is malicious exploitation of the game.

From the way I know the AH works, this exploit could have gone on a long time if it wasn't for all the people leaving their bids in the AH since you can make your bid, get your AD and remove the auction. Thank goodness for dumb people. It's funny, I noticed it this morning and reported it as a normal bug, but then when I saw all the other pages it suddenly dawned on me what was going on and I posted to the Forums the doom and gloom of the economy.

I've gotten very little and unhelpful feedback from customer service an GMs about the various bugs and I knew just doing a ticket wouldn't have been enough. This is a really fun game but until we handle the cheaters, that will jeopardize its popularity.

I would like to think that my post, now removed, was the cause of their latest action to fix this problem.
  • Options
    mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am Mistato! And I see a whole community of my D&D players, here in defiance of exploiters. You've come to fight as F2P players... and F2P players you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you play?

-Play? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.

Aye, play and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the exploiters that they may take our diamonds, but they'll never take... OUR GAMING!
  • Options
    swaseaclark2o6swaseaclark2o6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they would have performed a wipe when the exploit was discovered... we would all probably have our toons to the proper level by now.
  • Options
    barrdock84barrdock84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope you guys figure out the glitch and punish those cheaters for good!! :cool:
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    he is right open beta is a soft launch.. it would be illegal to have a cash shop in a beta. regardless that it say's open beta that mean's the game is live and launched.

Yep that's right. With that bill that was passed, stating "Beta Launches with Cash shops are hereby illegal in the free world", they should all go to jail.

Give your head a shake, man.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    he is right open beta is a soft launch.. it would be illegal to have a cash shop in a beta. regardless that it say's open beta that mean's the game is live and launched.

Opening the cash shop blew their "it's just beta" cover. Plus the "no wipes of any kind" which encouraged players to begin to develop their characters via the cash shop.
  • Options
    syntaxerrorssyntaxerrors Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has to be the rockiest Beta I have ever participated with in my 27 years of gaming and 18 years working in this industry. Game has such potential, but I really think they should've waited longer before allowing people to play Beta. Or hired a better team/management. Last of 24 friends that want to still play so hopefully none of you have such a horrible turnover as well with people you know that played. Going to try and talk them into coming back once released. /crosses fingers I will spend money once the game is in a safe zone and no talks of server resets are possible or even rumored. Wanted to become a founder, but due to instability, no chance. Can't wait for the day they are stable and you can rely on your account securely...one day Regardless if you play free or not, it is a bad experience, more so than normal. Guessing though by being the worst beta ever it will turn into the best gaming ever?....hmm lets see!

...even though this sucks, can't wait to play again. I have to get my daily Bloody Pit:Unchained, Bloody Pit, Bill's Tavern and Slimey Mushroom foundry runs in....:p
    The STO Streamer www.twitch.tv/sirspoony
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adomus1 wrote: »
    I cant help but shake my head at so many of these posts. This is quite simple. People need to remember this is a BETA and BETA's if you have ever been involved in Alpha testing are all about squashing bugs find by a larger audience. People should be fully prepared for Rollbacks and Character wipes for the entire BETA and realize that these issues and downtime only help the people who stick around and play the game once it is live.
    So stop you complaining for something that is FREE and not even a final release. You can always WAIT and play when it is release since it is free to play.

You are confusing the accepted definition of "beta" in the computer industry with what PWE marketing uses for their product launches.
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    North Korea set up our AD exchange system, they finally go us.

Really? I heard the U.S. decided to take over and print AD until they could match the national debt in Zen. Everyone is now begging to go back to the gold standard.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping for some compensation for all this downtime......
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    lobotomize wrote: »
    What, you don't remember them pulling FULL RAID BOSSES to the gates of stormwind and having to shut down servers, and restart?

Tons of people were pulling raid bosses to cities, or across the terrain, because they hadn't implemented anything to designate a non-player character zone.

I mean bugs like that were very frequent. There were a number of other bugs that I can't think of off the top of my head, but almost all of them ended with a server shutdown or restart, much like that one.

Also, this isn't 4'chains', so keep the memes on the downlow.

I remember that, a world boss was pulled (well 2 actually) a dragon that was easily taken care of and a demon (only saw this once) in SW, it oblitered GM's, guards and players without remorse, I know I was one who fell to it. It was actually hilarious and funny as hell. Everyone on alliance were trying to take it out but it was like trying to fight hogger as a lvl 1
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    entalyan wrote: »
    I bet they used their NAT for it as well. (See about 100 pages back)

I am a network engineer and I disagree.
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i smell the wipe,it smells like... JUSTICE!
  • Options
    rakemurakemu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bnotorious wrote: »
    *****Spoiler*****

It's Spock's voice now :p

<Just saw it. Made me cry/laugh/angry all at the same time.
  • Options
    atragornatragorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he was posting every hour roughly which makes him about due now for another update.
    This is bs though, you guys do realize the economy is fried. I am all for a wipe
  • Options
    realxfirerealxfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh. Wipe, don't wipe. Roll back, don't roll back. Don't care.

I have to admit the only thing which truly irritates me is the loss of Sunday game time, and knowing I did not log in and hit Ctrl-I to reset my prayer buff counter.

Oh well. Much like the various ZOMG LIFE IS RUINED days on Vanguards beta posts and and and... life goes on. There's always a game to log in to or load while the drama drags on.
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Massively explained the whole 'Soft Launch' concept pretty well here. It is the new cool thing!
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    atragornatragorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he was posting every hour roughly which makes him about due now for another update.
    This is bs though, you guys do realize the economy is fried. I am all for a wipe
  • Options
    swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you can't be serious....
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Yup, and you don't think the gold seller companies are going to do charge backs against the exploiters who sold them the goods? Have an exploiter explain to the credit companies or Paypal how their duped AD was obtained fraudulently and they should keep the money. Those guys will be on the hook for thousands of dollars.

If you go on any of the stream sites, pretty much every major clique and high-end 'gaming guild' knew about all of these exploits, FROM LAUNCH. They just closed ranks until everyone had everything they wanted, then let it spread to the point there was no Zen on the exchange over the last week.

Using a CW to push an entire dungeon over a ledge then pulling a boss back to a campfire so you don't have to deal with adds is little different then sitting in Enclave duping AD to buy the items you just got off the boss.
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    compensation for what? You didnt buy a founder pack....and you played for free...what would they owe you?
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NO MORE WIPES--What do you not understand????????????
  • Options
    realxfirerealxfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh. Wipe, don't wipe. Roll back, don't roll back. Don't care.

I have to admit the only thing which truly irritates me is the loss of Sunday game time, and knowing I did not log in and hit Ctrl-I to reset my prayer buff counter.

Oh well. Much like the various ZOMG LIFE IS RUINED days on Vanguards beta posts and and and... life goes on. There's always a game to log in to or load while the drama drags on.