rogar124rogar124 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe my vote is for wipe flood the forum with wipe votes
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    golarge wrote: »
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Pay particular attention to the quote "Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th."

+1 wipe gogogo
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    durenas wrote: »
    Not to mention proxy tunnelling services. It's pretty much impossible to ban by IP and make it stick to anyone determined enough to get around it.

the point isnt whether its possible. The point is most of the ppl who would get said ban wouldn't have a clue how to go about bypassing it from the comfort of their home.

Its easy.. any half tech savvy person knows how to do. But its a bit of a deterrent for enough of the population that it serves some small purpose. WHat, you really think ppl aren't aware of this and think that in cases like this ANYONE thinksg there is any kind of perfect solution... pfft.
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Now that I know what they are fixing, I am glad they are working on it.

Also, with the mechanics of this (at least the big one) exploit, it will be easy to track and properly ban accounts who were taking advantage of it.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May as well drop the Wipe Calling. Multiple Tweets from Dev's stating that won't happen along with no new Shard as they will have the economy under control by launch :)

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

So by killing the Wipe requests that should stop 60% of the repeating of the same post over and over
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rogar124 wrote: »

Go ahead, they still will not do a wipe. Nor should they, those yelling for a wipe obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Go back to WoW where you can all have a group cry together.
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    LoL that's not proof, that "note" you speak of does not specifically state that they will not wipe from beta to live, that would fall under a "reading to much into the statement" and a "naive assumption" on your part in my book.

What part of their recent tweet:

"There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this."

..do you think we're reading too much into?
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2z6cny1.png
    djdopeamin wrote: »
    This game is NOT IN OPEN BETA, IT IS LIVE, it says so on the ****ing perfect world website.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    rogar124 wrote: »

Last time i checked you werent on the board of directors, and this aint a ****ing democracy, Mr Washington.

Heres what I got for yaz. You get 1 unlimited free pass to the game! You can play all you like for free! Yay!!!!
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the "It's Live!" "It's Beta" debate.

We are living in a world where the line between beta and live is paper thin. There's financial opportunity now even in beta. I think the label has become rather arbitrary. I suppose you could argue that it's about fixing bugs. But why would you charge real money for in-game items in a game that might have exploitable bugs related to real-world transactions?

Oh, wait, that's exactly what's happened.

Paper thin.
  • Options
    baountbaount Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoL that's not proof, that "note" you speak of does not specifically state that they will not wipe from beta to live, that would fall under a "reading to much into the statement" and a "naive assumption" on your part in my book.

Or you can start reading a bit better but heres more for you sir
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4min
    There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
  • Options
    herrohanzbrixherrohanzbrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rikiji wrote: »
    While I realize the situation looks dire at the moment, once the exploit is addressed, the economy will normalize after a couple of weeks. The impact of a short term exploit like this is trivial over the lifetime of a mmo - particularly if strong action is taken to resolve it.

Sadly most won't see it that way but I couldn't agree more. They'll correct it, we'll be down a day and a year or so from now when the next "big thing" happens we'll chuckle about the time the AH crashed to exploits.
  • Options
    lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that I know what they are fixing, I am glad they are working on it.

Where does it say they are "fixing anything"...???
    All we have seen is they are ( making a decision the last 7 hours ) and we are still waiting for the notes to be posted.
  • Options
    ninjasinninjasin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Via Twitter 11 min ago, to those thinking server wipe is a possibility: Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

There isnt goin to be a wipe, more likely is a rollback of some sort.
  • Options
    hwedragnhearthwedragnheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    compensation for what? You didnt buy a founder pack....and you played for free...what would they owe you?

AS so many of you have forgotten to take into affect is this. Just cause someone hasn't put money on game doesn't mean they don't have cash shop stuff or zen! . There the simple thing called ad exchanged for zen. So before all you people that paid real money towards game and say its ok to wipe all accounts or roll back account. Try looking at bigger picture there is others like my self that has used my ad to buy zen to get cash shop items and it would be unfair to us to roll back or wipe . Is why pw wouldn't do a wipe or a big rollback.

So maybe before you open mouth and insert foot you might look at whole picture wipe is out of question cause it would take them more time and cost pw more to try to go and hunt down data for the player that did used there ad for zen exchange.
  • Options
    twigdoctwigdoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be a lot of drama queening in here. Something is wrong, most likely some DBs have figured out an exploit. If you think you know all about it then you are one of the drama queens so relax, let them work, and apply more glitter!
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Most people raging on here remind me of THIS GUY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tLG4ORwXFQ

LMAO
  • Options
    alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistatos wrote: »
    I am Mistato! And I see a whole community of my D&D players, here in defiance of exploiters. You've come to fight as F2P players... and F2P players you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you play?

-Play? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.

Aye, play and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the exploiters that they may take our diamonds, but they'll never take... OUR GAMING!

+1 Bloody Brilliant!
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ninjasin wrote: »
    Via Twitter 11 min ago, to those thinking server wipe is a possibility: Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

There isnt goin to be a wipe, more likely is a rollback of some sort.

Does that mean that there will be a wipe AFTER or in the live launch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    I think the label has become rather arbitrary. I suppose you could argue that it's about fixing bugs.
    The real reason they launch games and keep the label of "open beta" is so they can have double the press.
  • Options
    unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to PWE for taking it seriously! Hope to log in tomorrow!
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprat40 wrote: »
    I'm glad they are keeping us constantly up to date with what's going on. Not used to that kind of attention in an MMO.

Yes, I'm so glad the updates keep telling us "soon" and "shortly" they'll have an ETA. It's just soothes the anticipation and anxiety, otherwise.
  • Options
    amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lol-an-exploit-just-destroyed-the-neverwinter-mmo-economy.453035733/
    so they took the ah model from sto for NV and the ones who knew about this bug are doing it since launch, just wipe
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    What part of their recent tweet:

"There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this."

..do you think we're reading too much into?

that statement only says they will not wipe characters "up to" live launch, it DOES NOT say they will not do so FOR live launch...keep trying though, your getting a little closer at least.

for the record, if they don't wipe them, I will be happy as a clam to be able to continue on with my beta characters, I however do not hold on to the assumption of that being the reality.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    AS so manu of you have forgotten to take into affect is this. Just cause someone hasn't put money on game doesn't mean they don't have cash shop stuff or zen! . There the simple thing called ad exchanged for zen. So before all you people that paid real money towards game and say its ok to wipe all accounts or roll back account. Try looking at bigger picture there is others like my self that has used my ad to buy zen to get cash shop items and it would be unfair to us to roll back or wipe . Is why pw wouldn't do a wipe or a big rollback.

So maybe before you open mouth and insert foot you might look at whole picture wipe is out of question cause it would take them more time and cost pw more to try to go and hunt down data for the player that did used there ad for zen exchange.

I tried to read this but all I could get was.. WAHHHH! WAHHHH! WAHHH!
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    josepho01 wrote: »
    Simply put: If the game goes live without banning the exploiters or wiping the exploiters, then the exploiters win.

Fixed that for you. I'm not an exploiter and if they wiped my account, that certainly wouldn't be a "win" for me.

If you want your account wiped, go ahead and send in a ticket and ask them to wipe your account. Shove off and stop speaking on behalf of me and everyone. I don't want anything to do with your arrogant, heavy-handed "solution", I just want to continue to enjoy the game, minding my own business. Yes I hope the exploiters are dealt with (as severely as possible), but punishing ME for THEIR actions is one of the dumbest "solutions" I've ever heard.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.

Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

A full wipe would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The data is going to be pretty extensive. How far are they going to "roll back characters"?

The initiator is pretty easy to find.
    If the initiator is "transferring AD" to alt to "mask" their trail, that is going to be a little hard to find.
    If the initiator bought epic from LEGITIMATE source (lets assume none exploit version) would the seller lose their AD as well? (that is also data)
    What if the seller (legit) use the AD they just acquired and bought Zen (possible) and unlock bags and sold to ANOTHER player. Would that player lose that bag?

That is all kinds of data PWE is going to need. A chain reaction of event.

Just banning/rolling back the initiator alone is not going to solve the problem.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend of mine knows this guy who has inside information with PWE.
    And he says the issue now is that most stakeholders want a full wipe since that's what the community supports.
    Supposedly there are some hold outs because they said no wipe on some forum posts - just trying to save face.
    But it looks like the full wipe is going to win.... still a delay for the minority trying to save face...
  • Options
    nvroninnvronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one have spent good deal of real money on this game played it legit and if they roll my character back i will be demanding a refund of the money I spent on this game lets not even mention the time I have spent on the game.