test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has to be the rockiest Beta I have ever participated with in my 27 years of gaming and 18 years working in this industry.

In your 27 years you didn't play WoW at launch?
  • lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um for morons who can't read, servers wont be back up for at least another FULL day. They will post the information roughly in 30 minutes which is best guess from the admin on twitter but even after releasing the notes. They still have to implement and test before putting the servers back online.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Holy ****, I work all day, and come home to this craziness. Time for whiskey.
  • tiemmothitiemmothi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has to be the rockiest Beta I have ever participated with in my 27 years of gaming and 18 years working in this industry.

Hmm I think id give that reward to Shadowbane... sorry...
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Twitter post indicates that the servers won't be up in the next half hour, doesn't specify beyond that.

They specifically told the guy that it was futile to stay awake hoping that the servers might come up later tonight.
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they would have performed a wipe when the exploit was discovered... we would all probably have our toons to the proper level by now.

They had the exploit in STO. The bug never should have made it here. It wasn't a problem to them until it started getting talked about in open chat. As long as only a few were doing it then no biggie.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just go to sleep, this thing won't be back online until 10:00 am tomorrow IF we are lucky.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crash and burn. With each bumble, the latest being epic, just further proof. Just really, really, really bad. head_up_***.jpg

This game is built on real world currency and should have the currency treated as such. I would think failures of this proportions would cost people to loose their jobs - at banks, for giving away free money.

Banks can't turn around and say "Sorry we lost your $5000 dollars, here it is again." Cryptic and PWE can refund all the Zen that could be lost however.
  • eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

There will NOT be a wipe after beta. They have stated numerous times the last wipe was after closed beta which has already passed. I think there should be a wipe, for this reason exactly, but that's just me. There are going to be bugs and exploits that will allow people to mess up the economy so that even after the bug or exploit is patched, the economy is still ruined.

Also they just said this:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 41s
    @JSmittyy757 Not what I would have planned -- more confirmations and red tape than I'd thought. Need to be sure it's all 100% right. :/

So in other words, back to the drawing board.

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.

Then you obviously have not looked very hard as it has been clearly stated on the main website that the servers will not be wiped even after the beta ends as it would then have been pointless charging with a cash shop.
    This is why I do not class this game as a beta but as a release, once they started to take money transactions for playing it can no longer be classed as a beta, they simply kept that word in there so it covers any problems like this.
    However from whats been posted they knew about a lot of these exploits and bugs before having it in (cough)open beta(cough) release and still did not address these issue's, is it surprising that if that was the case players decided to make money by exploiting? after all it is human nature to do that, legit players wont cheat (whats the point) but if it was going to make you 100's if not 1000's of
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they would have performed a wipe when the exploit was discovered... we would all probably have our toons to the proper level by now.

They had the exploit in STO. The bug never should have made it here. It wasn't a problem to them until it started getting talked about in open chat. As long as only a few were doing it then no biggie.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »

Amen! Most sense I have heard all day.
  • josepho01josepho01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldark79 wrote: »
    Jewbie ‏@Jebus_125 11min
    @NeverwinterGame Hi, I'd like to ask you guys a question. Why are you banning people from exploiting in a beta? I mean, it is a beta...
    Abrir Responder Retwittear Favorito M

Simply put: If the game goes live without banning the exploiters or wiping everybody, then the exploiters win.
  • papstainpapstain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "then the terrists win"

This thread is actually more fun than the game, the torrent of emotions. amazing.
  • delishusfudzdelishusfudz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's your crow.
  • entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    You are confusing the accepted definition of "beta" in the computer industry with what PWE marketing uses for their product launches.

I've had the same "fun" discussion with someone in SWTOR when that first launched. Read: launched. As in, I had a retail copy in my hand. He was claiming that it wasn't released yet, that it was in beta, because MMO's tend to evolve and get patched, so only when it's completely bug-free it would be called 'released'. So yeah, people don't seem to get the different stages in software development. And PR departments using beta as a synonym for 'broken demo' or 'soft launch' aren't helping there.
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.

Then you obviously have not looked very hard as it has been clearly stated on the main website that the servers will not be wiped even after the beta ends as it would then have been pointless charging with a cash shop.
    This is why I do not class this game as a beta but as a release, once they started to take money transactions for playing it can no longer be classed as a beta, they simply kept that word in there so it covers any problems like this.
    However from whats been posted they knew about a lot of these exploits and bugs before having it in (cough)open beta(cough) release and still did not address these issue's, is it surprising that if that was the case players decided to make money by exploiting? after all it is human nature to do that, legit players wont cheat (whats the point) but if it was going to make you 100's if not 1000's of
    edited May 2013
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!

GOD **** LIES!
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    i didnt make this list but its true. we need a wipe. Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

I still think these issues should not be ignored by the community. These things have been going on even though they were reported. The vocal majority needs to continue to press the complete wipe agenda. The polls have spoken.
  • argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lukums wrote: »
    Um for morons who can't read, servers wont be back up for at least another FULL day. They will post the information roughly in 30 minutes which is best guess from the admin on twitter but even after releasing the notes. They still have to implement and test before putting the servers back online.

Oh the irony........

@NeverwinterGame Is it worth st aying up for like 30~min ? Or will the decission take longer?

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 7m
    @ The post should be up by then, is the plan, but the servers won't be up by then.

No where in there does it say that servers won't be up for a full day, only that they won't be up in the next 30 minutes.
  • chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    golarge wrote: »
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Pay particular attention to the quote "Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th."

LoL that's not proof, that "note" you speak of does not specifically state that they will not wipe from beta to live, that would fall under a "reading to much into the statement" and a "naive assumption" on your part in my book.
  • enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are ignorant if you think them putting an "open beta" sticker on this game means anything. The moment your characters become permanent is the moment an mmo is out of the testing phases.
  • rikijirikiji Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I realize the situation looks dire at the moment, once the exploit is addressed, the economy will normalize after a couple of weeks. The impact of a short term exploit like this is trivial over the lifetime of a mmo - particularly if strong action is taken to resolve it.
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is NOT IN OPEN BETA, IT IS LIVE, it says so on the ****ing perfect world website.
  • coldark79coldark79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    josepho01 wrote: »
    Simply put: If the game goes live without banning the exploiters or wiping everybody, then the exploiters win.

the post wasn't complet, i dont know why, but the answer was :

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4min
    There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.
  • dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    holy cow are we ever going to be able to play again today?
  • jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »

+1
    extraneous characters...
  • papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eb2013 wrote: »

Also they just said this:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 41s
    @JSmittyy757 Not what I would have planned -- more confirmations and red tape than I'd thought. Need to be sure it's all 100% right. :/

So in other words, back to the drawing board.

Back to the drawing board of getting cleared to officially post the fix?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    They specifically told the guy that it was futile to stay awake hoping that the servers might come up later tonight.

The guy only asked about the next 30 mins, if I wasn't taking notes on all this for various reason I'd have been in bed a long time ago.
    edited May 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    Oh the irony........

@NeverwinterGame Is it worth st aying up for like 30~min ? Or will the decission take longer?

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 7m
    @ The post should be up by then, is the plan, but the servers won't be up by then.

No where in there does it say that servers won't be up for a full day, only that they won't be up in the next 30 minutes.

L2READ Facebook convo ****!