What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Righteousness

Comments

• Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    PW is still scared to post in this thread...
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is an old expression "Physician heal thyself". Good luck with that in this game.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerdbane wrote: »
    It's obvious they did it because they wanted this to be a "team game" and make "leader" class depend on his team and they wanted to avoid clerics face-tanking everything and we know right now 2 DCs can faceroll everything, at the first "tier" of the game with 1,5x healing (0,5 DC self-heal,1 other cleric), imagine what would happen in later tiers when have even more stats and DCs without Righteousness, groups will be 1 DC-4DPS.

the two cleric schtick is only happening because:

- astral shield stacks
    - cleric aggro is ridiculous, atm, for some reason
    - GFs are worthless as a tank

they're going to nerf AS stacking. i'm waiting for it to happen. everyone knows it'll happen. i just hope all they do is nerf AS stacking the damage reduction with other AS' and don't outright ruin the skill.

p.s. remove righteousness.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *bump*.......................Fix this ****
  • Options
    sahokosahoko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the 'shelving cleric til this debuff is gone' list.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm beginning to think more and more, the absolute best solution (sans just removing the debuff :D) would be for it to be a group debuff, that gets reduced by 25% per member you have in your group.

I don't think anyone but clerics get how frustrating it is to have to be the ONE person to use the most pots/stones, when your whole **** job is to heal in the first place.

This debuff was introduced before any one was 60, and I feel it's is way overbalanced for epic dungeons. I know I've used more health stones than anyone else I static group with, even though I throw out insane heals.
  • Options
    dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has there been any official response as to why the debuff is even there..?
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because clerics make too much useful, useful gold! I have 76 after I put another 10 in the guild bank and gave 15 to my GF buddy, who's practically broke.

Makes sense.
  • Options
    sheabuttercreamsheabuttercream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove this debuff from me or give me a new paragon path .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What Class Are You?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    p.s. remove righteousness
  • Options
    banshisbanshis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump and I totally agree. Dungeons suck if you don't have a good tank or you have a bad control wizard. On boss fights since all the do is spawn countless number of adds and everything loves to go onto me I get obliterated unless there is a control wizard to help keep them off of me. Even after that ranged adds are still on me and I am running for my life trying to get a spell that isn't instant out just to help heal the party members standing in stuff for them to get mad at me when they get knocked out because I am running for my life desperately trying to keep healing myself and getting nowhere so I die. Remove it or reduce. Also fix threat.
  • Options
    noobiieenoobiiee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been a day on my CW where i got in a dungeon, the cleric was purely dps and didn't heal anything so we had to pot all time.
    At the end everyone said, good cleric.
    I go with my cleric, i heall all my party risk my life even die, at the end they all say im the worst cleric, i kept them alive the whole time, is feel such useless person when you are healing the rest and sacrifice yourself meanwhile they let you die, but if you dont help them you are a good cleric, such good reasoning, Y SO MANY HATERS
  • Options
    luinsilluinsil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see this debuff go... but if devs really think it has to be there then i second to idea of reducing it by 10% for each party member. This way not only devs got the solo potion nerf they want and clerics have chance to not die horribly in dungeons but also it would encourage people to create parties for questing. Not a perfect solution but definitely better then permanent 40% healing debuff for healer (sounds stupid but that's what it is).
  • Options
    cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really like a developer who plays a Devoted Cleric "as their main" to come here and explain why they think Righteousness should not be removed, at least when in a full group. If they really believe they have good reasons to keep this mechanic in place when a cleric is in a full group, then I would sincerely like to hear them. If, on the other hand, they remain silent on this issue, then their silence lends credit to the theories stating that this mechanic is kept in place to increase the sell of health-stones and thereby increase their profits.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    They won't.
    11 pages and not a single comment from PWE.
    Why?
    2 reasons.
    1) They are scared of the backlash because they have some ridiculous reasoning for it.
    2) They are scared period.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They just won't admit that this debuff is not needed, if they say something against taking it off all the cleric players will get over PWE, so they remain silent thinking on it.
    Nah im just lying they wont even look at it :(
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They probably just think if they ignore the issue it will go away. The only comment I have heard of from them was basically saying that the debuff was staying so get used to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    p.s. remove righteousness

/10characters
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    It should reduce by 10% for each member you have in your group.

In a full group of 5, you have a 10% reduction.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bump! I won't be touching ol' Bishop until this is taken care of. Wonder why PW's not spoken on this yet...?
  • Options
    banshisbanshis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump! Still waiting for PW to give us some insight as to why clerics have to get stuck with this debuff.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noobiiee wrote: »
    I have been a day on my CW where i got in a dungeon, the cleric was purely dps and didn't heal anything so we had to pot all time.
    At the end everyone said, good cleric.
    I go with my cleric, i heall all my party risk my life even die, at the end they all say im the worst cleric, i kept them alive the whole time, is feel such useless person when you are healing the rest and sacrifice yourself meanwhile they let you die, but if you dont help them you are a good cleric, such good reasoning, Y SO MANY HATERS

Modern gaming, dps monkeys everywhere. So much so that healing and tanking is slowly disappearing from mmorpgs, as the dps don't want to wait in queues and don't want to have to wait on pulls they'd rather rush around zerging things and seeing big numbers.

It's just the shape of things to come.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been skipping dungeons and skirmishes on my cleric. I'm not running around potting like mad, it isn't fun. Righteousness is stupid, so is aggro. I see less and less clerics the higher level I get. It would be nice if I could heal myself properly. I don't think it's bad to be able to heal yourself for solo play either. So what if I use less potions and have more gold? I'm a healer, let me heal myself. That's why I rolled cleric, and I didn't notice the debuff until I was already invested in my character. You should at least put a big red warning label on the cleric class at character creation stating that cleric has a big fat reduction to self healing, and also add the part about being an aggro magnet. I wouldn't have played a cleric had I known that.
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »

Give players an appliable heal debuff so PvP takes skill to kill a cleric instead of "lol I can't heal myself, guess I die."
    Have you ever had to fight 2 clerics standing on one point it PvP? If you take that debuff away it would be the same thing as that. Now, I am not saying that the debuff doesn't suck, but we need a different way to figure out how to heal in PvE
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The current best way to heal in PvE is to stack defense/Damage reduction, since neither of those get debuffed by Righteousness.

But to counter the point you made... if they gave, say, rogues a -50% heal debuff as an encounter skill, and they used it skillfully, it would be the same difference. The major thing here is that they'd have to skillfully apply a debuff, not just know that a cleric can't heal himself because Cryptic doesn't want him to heal himself.
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I've wasted 150+ Health stones in dungeons. I'm not doing them anymore. Screw it. Pots bought with gold is basically useless. Everytime I use it my health is right back down and I'm dead. There were even times when I didn't even get healed with my Health stones. I was thoroughly pissed when that happens. The buff seriously needs to go.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    ayorrayorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump. Between this and aggro, solo healing an epic dungeon past Tower/Crag means casting Astral Shield and trying to run around the outside of the circle while every mob on screen destroys me. I can keep everyone else alive fine, but unless there's another Cleric in my group I am nearly guaranteed a death (multiple deaths usually) every time I enter an epic dungeon.

Getting a response from PWE about this is a must for all of us posting here. I'm looking forward to this thread amounting to hundreds of pages in a short amount of time if they continue to ignore the issue.
    Ayora Wildwood
    Level 60
    Devoted Cleric
    <Exodus>
    Dragon Server
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The debuff is a disgrace to the class, but it is not the reason dungeons are such a mess for pickup groups. When a group does not handle adds properly, a cleric should unslot any power with heals. But that means a cleric is a wasted slot, as many beneficial effects are tied to heals.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The only reason i see this debuff on us is to "active health stone economy" so the clerics are the ones actually the ones that are ALWAYS needing to get zen for this stuff. Since other characters don't need them because of us.
    All goes back to greed and money and more money, hey everyone wants money but what's best way to get money? Create a free game that looks so nice but they put a "but" on it, clerics have a debuff that they will never remove because they will always get money off it.
    Such dissapointing thing... I would rather have bought this game for 200$ and don't have this debuff
  • Options
    cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another day passed, another page of posts added to this thread, and still no word from Cryptic.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric