test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Righteousness

Comments

• obsituusobsituus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Created a control wizard alt to my devoted cleric main. The control wizard is now 26th level. With a cleric companion, I use less potions than when I was a devoted cleric. I didn't have a cleric companion for my main because, well... that's stupid. At this point, it puts clerics at a disadvantage for gold rather than balancing with the other classes.

I leveled one Cleric to 32 before deciding to change race and on that Cleric I took the Cleric companion... It wasn't until I started my second Cleric and didn't take the Cleric companion that I realized how screwed we really are. I also made a CW alt and I am enjoying myself quite a bit right now. Might fully shelve the Cleric until some changes are made to be honest, and that's sad because I love playing healer/support classes above all else.

Still waiting for a Cryptic/PWE response to this thread with some rationale as to why this stupid debuff is present...
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bump. WTB Mod post in regards to this.
  • nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    i dont believe we had any buffs with regard to this nerf. there wasnt a give and take. give us more damage and i'll take the reduced self heal. i'd rather not have the debuff, personally.

i don't want damage.

i think our damage is fine as is. i just want this ****ty debuff removed. it's not needed. if they really want to "keep it", give GWF/TR a feat that adds a healing debuff to one of their skills. make them use it skillfully instead of just "lol 40% less healing".
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Righteousness should probably only apply in PvP, because everywhere else there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it. Clerics often already take more damage in group PvE, so forcing them to use twice as many potions as anyone else makes little sense from a game design perspective. It also causes needless frustration and then leads to side effects like other players being unable to get T2 dungeons through LFG that have a working setup (no cleric).

As for leveling, well, my two clerics (re-rolled one after reading deistik's excellent guide) level much slower than my two CWs did, and they need more potions. My second wizard isn't even using the cleric companion. My rogue, also in that level range, slays monsters five times faster and also barely uses any potions.

Basically, Righteousness seems an unnecessary burden anywhere outside of PvP.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • kiojikkiojik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I have to say is "Please Remove tha Handcuffs"

Im level 60 and PvPed quite a bit and run my fair share of dungeons.

Why do I load up on 60 Potions??
    Because Im bored? ,Because I have 1million gold that I have no use for?, Because I like talking to NPCs?
    NO - because I run around like a nut chugging them.

In dungeons 95% of the time at the end score board Im #1 in damage taken.
    Sooth - is a myth and does not work.

So im the tank, and you were so nice to tie one arm around my back.

Please remove our Class Feature DEBUFF. Our class speciality is Debuffed. So why dont you throw out 40% debuffs to the other classes on their specialities?

GF - 40% Debuff to Shield block damage
    CW - 40% Debuff to Control Effects
    TR - 40% Debuff to Single Target Damage

And then make them situational so they only effect YOU, but not others, then smile and say thanks =)

(NOTE - That is for argument purposes, I do not want any class nerfed.)

And Astral Shield in PvP does not even remotely make you invincible and removing the Debuff is not going to make it so, but at least let me play with out a DISADVANTAGE that is built into the class.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    It does happen. DPS Clerics are insane! Super glass cannons.

I have yet to see a Cleric even be close to topping DPS at 60. It can't happen, our scaling is too low. Even against a green geared rogue played by a 4 year old it would be hard to pull off.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Righteousness should probably only apply in PvP, because everywhere else there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it. Clerics often already take more damage in group PvE, so forcing them to use twice as many potions as anyone else makes little sense from a game design perspective. It also causes needless frustration and then leads to side effects like other players being unable to get T2 dungeons through LFG that have a working setup (no cleric).

As for leveling, well, my two clerics (re-rolled one after reading deistik's excellent guide) level much slower than my two CWs did, and they need more potions. My second wizard isn't even using the cleric companion. My rogue, also in that level range, slays monsters five times faster and also barely uses any potions.

Basically, Righteousness seems an unnecessary burden anywhere outside of PvP.

This is the whole point of this thread. This debuff is so detrimental to making someone fresh to the game want to continue to play a cleric. Never mind the busted *** agro for a minute, simply not being able to heal yourself (as the only healer in the game), is an absolute slap in our collective faces.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumpitybumping this stupid debuff =)

16 pages.
    No official answer.

Feeling ignored? Quite a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Devoted One,
    I have decided to reward your life long devotion to my person, and the causes that I stand for, by denying a great part of my healing power to you, and you alone.

Love,
    Torm

:(
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Did my dorf farts cause you to nerf mah heals so may be I would just die?
  • dukemandukeman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only logical reason I can come up with for them not responding is the fact that they can't give a justifiable reason for the debuffs existance and therefore until they remove it won't respond,because its far easier to not face ones mistake then to provide the proper customer service response and respond to our inquiry.
  • scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What other mmo nerfs a healer's ability to stay alive and heal the party? Oh yeah, none that I've ever played and I always play a healer. Idiotic move.
  • wiedeiwiedei Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

That Debuff is totally stupid for any reason i can think about it.
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Re-bumping. Not letting this go without an official's response.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had no idea about this debuff until I came across this post. I recently started leveling a cleric alt, but knowing this completly makes me not want to continue him. Not because it makes him UP or impossible to play. I just don't like it at all. The concept of this debuff is horrible imo. Even makes me want to level another alt instead
  • thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, I am shelving my cleric until some change is done, hopefully just out right getting rid of this at level 60/in groups

Though I really like being support/healing in games, so going to be hard to decide what to work on next. I wish we had that coming soon class already, heh. Although it seems like the only other viable classes are TR and Cw...soo
  • banshisbanshis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still bumping the thread because I am waiting for a response on the debuff.
  • noobiieenoobiiee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping ~ Dev response please ~
    edited May 2013
    Wtb dev response
  • holeesschittholeesschitt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem, in my opinion, isn't the reduced self heals, it's the aggro mechanics.
    In TERA, I play a priest, and most of a priests heals, including the heaviest one, don't work on yourself, your self heal had a 5 sec cd, so you don't really have as many tools to keep yourself alive as to keep others alive.
    Yet it works beautifully.
    Why?
    Well, even a below average tank can keep aggro off a healer and in case the tank does lose a mob and it goes for the healer, a dps can easily peel it off the healer...
    This reduced self healing wouldn't bother anyone if they matched the aggro mechanics.
    As it stands, I'm shelfing this whole game and I'll check back occationally to see if the situation has improved.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short of it is, no one cares if Cleric gets shafted, as long as it doesn't affect them.
    The devs don't care probably either, given the ever dwindling number of cleric players. There is already a shortage of them, and it is getting worse every day.
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping for a response! This debuff is annoying!

If you're not going to work on the debuff at least work on the the aggro problem!
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • kiojikkiojik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see the numbers behind what player type buys the most Health Stones, I bet its the Cleric. You soon realize 8.5k healing potion is not going to save you, but hey at least Righteousness doesnt apply to healing potions. See Devs you can do it =) Cut and paste some code.

Just the name of it makes my skin crawl. Trying to mask a Class Mechanic Debuff as - Righteousness??

So, if we were to call this by a proper name, what would it be?

Excommunication - due to your lack of faith and self doubt in your deity you suffer a 40% penalty to all healing effects.
  • mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I just went through the 4e handbook.
    I do not see anything that resembles a 0.4 negative multiplier for self healing.

I'll just make a DPS cleric and not care.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    38096485.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the DC "players", would like a tank, with massive dps that can keep it's own hp at 100% all of the time with heals.

I'll take 500% less threat and being able to heal myself for the same amount I can heal my ally 10ft from me for $500, Alex.

Seriously, give me .00001 DPS as long as I can heal myself... since I'm a healer. What's so hard to understand about it?
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on the upside if you have 2 or more clerics working together it makes the other cleric feel more useful cause the clerics can heal each other the debuff I believe is only on self healing. in a full group your more likely to have that 2nd healer.
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I'll take 500% less threat and being able to heal myself for the same amount I can heal my ally 10ft from me for $500, Alex.

Seriously, give me .00001 DPS as long as I can heal myself... since I'm a healer. What's so hard to understand about it?

^ this, over and over.
    edited May 2013
    The name is because the skill balanced the self healing/potion issue, making the game more fair for everybody else > righteousness. What is so hard to understand about it?, all it takes is a bit of common sense.

I think the DC "players", would like a tank, with massive dps that can keep it's own hp at 100% all of the time with heals. In other words, just another case of l2p something that is NOT overpowered. Ok, i know most of you can't or would not want to use a non fotm class, but imagine if you did, you'd soon be realizing how OP your other character really is... and that's the end of the story.

Peace.

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may the gods have mercy on your soul.