What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Righteousness

167891012»

Comments

• boboddbobodd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sogronnwo wrote: »
    What about making the 40% from Righteousness only apply to hybrid skills (ones that heal and do dmg at the same time, like FF and SB) and not pure-healing skills (like HW, AS)?

This way the debuff would be meaningful while levelling and not gimp us when we try to just purely survive in PvE or PvP?

NO NO NO! that would b horrific, u get way more healing from the 'hybrid' skills like FF and AS (Which is a hybrid, it only heals in divine)

FF + AS r my main skills for t1/t2 runs. the only skills counted as 'healing' really are BoH and HW which both suck and dont even make most rotations (BoH's cd is waaaaay to long)
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why not just have Righteousness be turned off during PvP?

I mean there are no issues with it in PvE. Just have it be a PvE thing only.

If a rogue can dish out 10k dps (arbitrary number) i should be able to dish out 10k hps (if geared close to the same).
  • baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    I would already be glad, if 'Falsiousness' wouldnt apply for Healing Word anymore AND i could cast that skil 'on the run' (without standing still for a moment). But i guess, that would be too much WoW or... whatever again.
  • realmofmanylakesrealmofmanylakes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deistik is right! Remove the healing debuff from clerics. It's not fair that healing yourself is less powerful than healing others. Clerics shouldn't even need potions. Don't take away our perk for playing a healer!
  • rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, Cryptic originally stated that righteousness was in place to combat Divine Clerics using less pots while leveling up or questing. Once people hit 60 most, if not all have finished questing. At that point most will either PVP or run dungeons.

In dungeons one could argue that other classes use pots a lot less than a Divine Cleric does as they receive full healing. Clerics use 40% more pots per dungeon than other classes. To combat this I say make pots 40% less effective for every class besides Divine Clerics to even it out. Clerics are using more gold than other classes.

=)~
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, Cryptic originally stated that righteousness was in place to combat Divine Clerics using less pots while leveling up or questing. Once people hit 60 most, if not all have finished questing. At that point most will either PVP or run dungeons.

In dungeons one could argue that other classes use pots a lot less than a Divine Cleric does as they receive full healing. Clerics use 40% more pots per dungeon than other classes. To combat this I say make pots 40% less effective for every class besides Divine Clerics to even it out. Clerics are using more gold than other classes.

=)~

So they use more potions when questing? That's really silly and it makes them use more then any other class even when questing. My tank uses less questing then either of my clerics ever did.

They should just remove righteousness or make it give CC resistance instead or something useful. We are the only class that has a class feature which is a debuff.

Making clerics get more healing from potions isn't the solution, it's to take away the self heal debuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The cleric spends their time worshipping their gods and are rewarded with a penalty to heal themselves but 100% healing to all sinners.... I never seen this in any D&D rules before. Worst game mechanics ever.
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just farm my potions now, level 40 I think drop greater healing pots? I use my master at arms companion, I run the devotion cleric critical build and I use dungeon traps to hurt any boss I have trouble with. Yes I blow through lots of potions, but you can farm pots easily enough.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll admit, I was shocked when I saw the video attached to the original post. I wonder why the cleric was the tank and why he was guzzling potions and unable to heal himself efficiently. This is normal??! Clerics in this game tank and spend boss fights guzzling potions and running around frantically on the verge of death?!?

I'm sorry, but that's unacceptable.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Simply change it to heal allies 40% more :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xaitu wrote: »
    I'll admit, I was shocked when I saw the video attached to the original post. I wonder why the cleric was the tank and why he was guzzling potions and unable to heal himself efficiently. This is normal??! Clerics in this game tank and spend boss fights guzzling potions and running around frantically on the verge of death?!?

I'm sorry, but that's unacceptable.

This has been my experience as a Cleric. I have to kite all the adds on the boss fight -- occasionally the boss as well. I am often under half health and used a potion every cooldown. Everyone else stays topped off. Sometimes other players will try to pull adds off me, but not usually. They always run straight for me when they spawn.

I typically use FF and Sunburst on cooldown, and try to through Astral Seal on everything I can while I dart around trying not to die. I usually have a hard time being able to stand still enough to build up divine power to throw heals. It's super frustrating sometimes to have to be constantly moving because red circles appear under you constantly from all the trash.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right. As the cleric is apparently supposed to be tanking, they need to give them better survivability.