What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So you want to be rich in Neverwinter? Here's how I did it

Comments

• Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP... Thank you for posting this. This is a low key, consistent, not overwhelmingly time consuming, non-exploitative way to get a steady and significant supply of AD which some of us who hadn't tried the leadership profession didn't know existed. I have to assume that many of the people responding to this thread either don't understand the logistics of this, just want to troll, or their idea of a reasonable AD income is millions in short order so they can buy everything they want immediately.

Again, thanks. I started doing this a few days ago and my characters are starting to snowball and all of the sudden all of the Zen stuff I'd never spend money on but wouldn't mind having is in reach, and it's taking negligible time for me to do.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that if you Collect the reward for "protect Caravan" through gateway you don't actually get any RAD's.

Pretty biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bug.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201261-Warning-Gateway-does-Not-give-astral-diamonds-on-profession-collect!!

Not worth mentioning, since it doesn't actually exist; it's just people misunderstanding how auto-refine works.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201261-Warning-Gateway-does-Not-give-astral-diamonds-on-profession-collect!!&p=2905762&viewfull=1#post2905762
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    i must leave the country and travell for a couple of weeks soon, and i can't play from where i go cos i know PWE would put my account on ban if i'm logging in from another part of the world that is not my home (already happened once sigh!) ...otherwise i would give a try to your system, as i don't think i want to invest money on this game as well. I already spent too much on almost all PW games...this time i want to stay with my hands calm outside my pocket. :)
    And i'm not a good ingame cash farmer, never been, so Thanks for sharing your system.

Thanks for the comment! Have a safe trip
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its actually easier to make money with another method. But it does depend on ammount of AD players have so it might be less efficient with time.

I actually admire you (probably will do very similiar thing but im only going with max of 10 alts) because you and people like you will have substantial effect on economics as "miners" - you are bringing more AD into game that have pretty limited options to do it, and quite a few sinks to drain total number of it from game world.

Thanks a bunch :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    About two hours per character, and it can probably be optimized.

I think a bigger issue is to get so many blue adventurers to significantly lower the time it takes to get some of the more lucrative tasks done. I bought 30 or so when the prices temporarily hit the bottom. Prices for each have been tripled since.

THIS IS WORTH NOTING!!! I have taken to purchasing multiple MERCENARYS on the AH to send to new level 11 alts, so that upon reach Profession level 3 (unlocking 2nd Job Slot) they can continue working without needing to spend 18 hours creating their own 2nd Merc (1st merc is made in 5 seconds!).

Thanks for staying with the thread! Great contribution and input
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cause some of us work, but don't like the idea of investing had earned dollars into a BETA.

Could not agree with you more.... Big... Papa? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rakkanoth wrote: »
    Um, the task "Collect the taxes" requires a green map?
    Also it's 800 AD per 8/hrs, have a hard time following how to make 500k AD this way, even with dozens of char slots.
    Not saying it's impossible but I just don't see it ;)

Collect taxes requires Region Maps, which I have not had a problem gaining through the mission: Seeking Maps? It is a rare mission, but with 15 alts, it comes up often. Also, the longer a mission takes, the MORE TIME YOU SAVE by using a high ranking leadership person (i.e. Adventurer reduces time 25 %. 8 hour mission, 25 % = 2 hours saved. Protect Caravan = 2 hour mission. 25% of 2 hours is 30 mins saved.... As long as your AD to HOUR ratio increases, so will your profits.

Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    It's 800 AD per 8/hrs per slot, you can have 3 slots of protect caravan running. The quest that requires the map isn't worth doing as the maps are not cheap enough. The level 20 non-rare is the most efficient astral diamonds.

If you have 6 Heroes on each character and can log in 24 hours a day you will make 3*200*24, 14400 AD per character, there's a few more that are less efficient. So lets say its more like 20k, at 50 characters that's a million a day, but requires you to gateway 50 characters 24 times a day, which takes about 5 mins per 10 characters according to the OP. It also requires an initial investment of at current AH prices of 150 million AD to get the heroes to make it that efficient until L20 for each character. Once the alts get to L20 crafting its a lot easier but it will take a long time to get that high.

But lets take what the OP is doing, which isn't as efficient as above and consider it. He's logging in with 10 characters, which he says takes him 5 minutes every 2 hours. Assume you do this every time you can when you're not sleeping and get 6 hours of sleep a night. That's 25 minutes to do 50 alts at current pace, every 2 hours, that's 5 hours a day of profession farming. To make 200*3*12*50 = 360k AD a day, or a rate of 72k AD an hour of work. It works out to about 10 million AD a month, and 150 hours of time a month at current conversion rate 10 million AD is something like $260 in Zen(if you can find it that low in a month if lots of people do this farming. So you're talking about a rate of about $1.75 an hour if you have 5 hours a day, don't miss a single time during the 18 hour day and invest in 50 character slots which costs you about 10 million zen at current rates. And that doesn't even consider the fact that before you're at 50 alts you're sinking time into leveling them to 10, and not getting nearly 360k a day doing it while you're under 50 slots. Once you get this setup you're making some money, but be prepared for a 3 month grind of pretty much zero profits if you want to set it up to make a lot. Seems like an awful lot of work for what amounts to about $50 a month in AD and takes a ton of time to set up for something that is arguably an exploit.

The number of people doing this is going to be exceedingly small, I'm not concerned about it. Now what people can probably do is manage like 6 alts, have them all running farming, and have them all praying.

I very much appreciate the though and math applied to you post! While not exactly accurate as leveling alts will not have access to lvl 20 missions, and the farming process is pretty much what will be leveling these characters. Also, my first few alts have started unlocking the character level 30 slot. Anyhow, certainly not for eveyone, but what keeps me going is this....

In a few weeks, my alts will be an unstoppable force of AD collection using only the gateway (can abandon the invoke and ingame login if you wish). Gear will change, items will change, but my method of growing in-game currency only gets bigger.

Thanks for posting
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Collect taxes requires Region Maps, which I have not had a problem gaining through the mission: Seeking Maps? It is a rare mission, but with 15 alts, it comes up often. Also, the longer a mission takes, the MORE TIME YOU SAVE by using a high ranking leadership person (i.e. Adventurer reduces time 25 %. 8 hour mission, 25 % = 2 hours saved. Protect Caravan = 2 hour mission. 25% of 2 hours is 30 mins saved.... As long as your AD to HOUR ratio increases, so will your profits.

Thanks for posting!

You do realize that the map quest doesn't give AD and therefore by using it in a toon with 3 or less slots you are not collecting your AD as efficiently as possible, right?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Miarch Ariale found nice way to get rich on his GF.
    Actually running with 5m ad as i see him, but how did he do that i have no idea :/ Mayby he donated a lot but doesnt seem like it :/
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I very much appreciate the though and math applied to you post! While not exactly accurate as leveling alts will not have access to lvl 20 missions, and the farming process is pretty much what will be leveling these characters. Also, my first few alts have started unlocking the character level 30 slot. Anyhow, certainly not for eveyone, but what keeps me going is this....

In a few weeks, my alts will be an unstoppable force of AD collection using only the gateway (can abandon the invoke and ingame login if you wish). Gear will change, items will change, but my method of growing in-game currency only gets bigger.

Thanks for posting

They'll be an unstopable force of creating you as many AD in 5 hours of barely more than what someone dedicated farming for 5 hours a day would get.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Also notice how he said he had collected over 2 million AD in 2 weeks. So many things in that post just don't add up.

Yes... the things that dont add up are the following...
    Nobody is calculating the 2x AD Weekend that just passed.
    Nobody is calculating the profits made in converting AD to ZEN while market is low.
    Nobody is calculating the total number of prof slots used, at which levels you gain more, and the time/quality bonus of Leader People/Assets being used.

It was not my desire to PROVE or EXPLAIN to the 10th degree about how this is done. It was intended to show the method that I am currently using and enjoying for financial freedom within the game. I cannot describe how many friends cannot buy their own keys for lockboxes, or afford mounts at level 20. Yes, the few MMO elite will not have issues, but the mass majority will reach a point where they want for something. I DO NOT WANT FOR ANYTHING
    I buy keys when I feel like gambling... I buy weird pets to play with, and have fun window shopping on the AH. This thread was mean to start the conversation and provide a means for those people. Or at least, show them that this game is NOT PAY TO WIN. It is like any other GAME... INVEST TIME AND WIN.

Time = valuable to all of us... yet when you log into wow and do /played and end up looking a months or years of your life gone, how valuable was it? I spend my days at work, or nights in the garden, possibly at the bar across the street. After a shot, or some weeding, I can pull out my phone and set my army to continue their chores while I do mine. I fail to see the flaw in this :)

Thanks for posting
  • Options
    spiderbrigadespiderbrigade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Not worth mentioning, since it doesn't actually exist; it's just people misunderstanding how auto-refine works.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201261-Warning-Gateway-does-Not-give-astral-diamonds-on-profession-collect!!&p=2905762&viewfull=1#post2905762

Although in fact the thread you linked to is full of people saying it's still bugged after checking for auto-refine, so...
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is calculating the total number of prof slots used, at which levels you gain more, and the time/quality bonus of Leader People/Assets being used.

So you used your 600k AD from the Guardian pack to buy higher quality assets then? That's hardly the same as starting from 0 AD.
  • Options
    startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After a shot, or some weeding, I can pull out my phone and set my army to continue their chores while I do mine. I fail to see the flaw in this :)

I've started doing this the past few days... it is slowly beginning to pay off. I had hoped this thread would disappear, but exploit arguments have brought it back up. Just wanted to thank you again, herbtrader. You're post has helped me formulate my approach, and it does result in a good profit.... just slowly. Which is fine for those of us who like to do things in RL!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To the OP... Thank you for posting this. This is a low key, consistent, not overwhelmingly time consuming, non-exploitative way to get a steady and significant supply of AD which some of us who hadn't tried the leadership profession didn't know existed. I have to assume that many of the people responding to this thread either don't understand the logistics of this, just want to troll, or their idea of a reasonable AD income is millions in short order so they can buy everything they want immediately.

Again, thanks. I started doing this a few days ago and my characters are starting to snowball and all of the sudden all of the Zen stuff I'd never spend money on but wouldn't mind having is in reach, and it's taking negligible time for me to do.

You, Sir or Ma'am are the EXACT reason why I made this thread in the first place! Thank you for the post and best wishes!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you used your 600k AD from the Guardian pack to buy higher quality assets then? That's hardly the same as starting from 0 AD.

ROFL... look at you writing such beautiful fiction. I actually noobed out and used most of my 600k AD founder bonus sloting and unslotting enchantments... It was only at around 100k left that I realized how quickly my stash was depleting. We are all **** at the start, right?

Anyhow... you are incorrect on both accounts. I did not BUY any higher level assets... you UPGRADE your own assets with the profession if you wish, OR you get lucky and pop some adventurers out of lockboxes (because I HAVE used some of my profession gains on gambling and it has not been too bad ).

Thanks though
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyhow... you are incorrect on both accounts. I did not BUY any higher level assets... you UPGRADE your own assets with the profession if you wish, OR you get lucky and pop some adventurers out of lockboxes (because I HAVE used some of my profession gains on gambling and it has not been too bad ).

I mean higher grade assets. I haven't seen any assignment that would let me upgrade them from common to uncommon. I guess you can't get them from Chests of Goods either?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I mean higher grade assets. I haven't seen any assignment that would let me upgrade them from common to uncommon. I guess you can't get them from Chests of Goods either?

The quest in Neverdeath gives you a pack with a chance of an uncommon one (which was exploited, so there had been a flood of the assets lately), but that's it. Other sources are the booster packs you get from the lockboxes, and the pack from the Zen store.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The tricky thing about those leadership people I noticed is that none of them actually require uncommon or rare people (with the exception of the train an adventure/hero tasks). The basic mercenaries are rank 1, can combine 4 to get a rank 2 person (guard), combine 4 guards to get a rank 3 person (footman). These are all common (white) persons which means they only give 5% speed bonus, but allow you to still complete the higher level tasks with them.

The only benefit to getting Man-at-arms, adventurers, and heroes, are the speed bonuses they provide. Don't get me wrong, these are nice to have, but not having them won't prevent your progress outright. Once you have enough AD build up to exchange for some zen (remember be patient and post a bit lower than current rate!) you can buy some profession people packs or try your luck with lockboxes.

Slightly related tip: Remember if you pray every day for 5 days consecutively you will have enough celestial tokens to buy a profession resource pack. Do this on every character you are farming with and it adds up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The quest in Neverdeath gives you a pack with a chance of an uncommon one (which was exploited, so there had been a flood of the assets lately), but that's it. Other sources are the booster packs you get from the lockboxes, and the pack from the Zen store.

Yep. Exploit early, exploit often seems to be the motto in many MMOs.

wasabiburn wrote: »
    The only benefit to getting Man-at-arms, adventurers, and heroes, are the speed bonuses they provide. Don't get me wrong, these are nice to have, but not having them won't prevent your progress outright. Once you have enough AD build up to exchange for some zen (remember be patient and post a bit lower than current rate!) you can buy some profession people packs or try your luck with lockboxes.

Unless I'm missing something none of the high level tasks are really worth it. For example instead of doing the tax collection assignment you can sell the map for 1000+ AD (depends on server) and spend that 8 hours doing 4x Protect Caravan. Increased speed would be a lot more useful.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Increased speed would be a lot more useful.
    Don't get me wrong, these are nice to have, but not having them won't prevent your progress outright.

The only point I was making is that it's not impossible to progress through leadership levels without any of the uncommon/rare persons, not that it was the best way, just not impossible.

You're right about the district maps though, I also sell these on AH, as long as the cut from AH still nets me more than 800 AD this is best.

There are some other tasks that don't require consumable mats that provide a little less AD, like the Battle Undead at level 10 which gives 400 AD for 6 hours, or Fight off Spellplagued at level 16, 400 AD for 6 hours. The most lucrative by far is the level 20 task Destroy Enemy Camp, 12 hours with 1600 AD reward. Not to mention all of these options also give some other small rewards too.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time, and quality of time spent, is more valuable than money. I realize this more and more with each passing year. I would never invest time into a game that I wouldn't also pay money for. Money can be made back, time can't be restored.

/philosphy

I'm totally with you. I've been learning that as well. Along with the "exploiters don't change whether I have fun playing a game or not, so don't be jealous of what they have" philosophy.

I often have a moment here and there at work where I can pop onto gateway.playneverwinter.com and click a few buttons so this is kind of a neat way to earn a few extra ADs. I wish I had the patience and skill to take advantage of AH and AD/Zen prices. I wish there were players out there that enjoyed playing markets enough that I could send them items and they could sell them for me and just give me some of the profit. I pretty much vendor everything unless it's obviously an incredible item.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    It's 800 AD per 8/hrs per slot, you can have 3 slots of protect caravan running. The quest that requires the map isn't worth doing as the maps are not cheap enough. The level 20 non-rare is the most efficient astral diamonds.

If you have 6 Heroes on each character and can log in 24 hours a day you will make 3*200*24, 14400 AD per character, there's a few more that are less efficient. So lets say its more like 20k, at 50 characters that's a million a day, but requires you to gateway 50 characters 24 times a day, which takes about 5 mins per 10 characters according to the OP. It also requires an initial investment of at current AH prices of 150 million AD to get the heroes to make it that efficient until L20 for each character. Once the alts get to L20 crafting its a lot easier but it will take a long time to get that high.

But lets take what the OP is doing, which isn't as efficient as above and consider it. He's logging in with 10 characters, which he says takes him 5 minutes every 2 hours. Assume you do this every time you can when you're not sleeping and get 6 hours of sleep a night. That's 25 minutes to do 50 alts at current pace, every 2 hours, that's 5 hours a day of profession farming. To make 200*3*12*50 = 360k AD a day, or a rate of 72k AD an hour of work. It works out to about 10 million AD a month, and 150 hours of time a month at current conversion rate 10 million AD is something like $260 in Zen(if you can find it that low in a month if lots of people do this farming. So you're talking about a rate of about $1.75 an hour if you have 5 hours a day, don't miss a single time during the 18 hour day and invest in 50 character slots which costs you about 10 million zen at current rates. And that doesn't even consider the fact that before you're at 50 alts you're sinking time into leveling them to 10, and not getting nearly 360k a day doing it while you're under 50 slots. Once you get this setup you're making some money, but be prepared for a 3 month grind of pretty much zero profits if you want to set it up to make a lot. Seems like an awful lot of work for what amounts to about $50 a month in AD and takes a ton of time to set up for something that is arguably an exploit.

The number of people doing this is going to be exceedingly small, I'm not concerned about it. Now what people can probably do is manage like 6 alts, have them all running farming, and have them all praying.

Fairly close. But I guess I needed to mention that I work and have a life, so I do sleep 8 hours a day. Thats when I would run the maps quest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The tricky thing about those leadership people I noticed is that none of them actually require uncommon or rare people (with the exception of the train an adventure/hero tasks). The basic mercenaries are rank 1, can combine 4 to get a rank 2 person (guard), combine 4 guards to get a rank 3 person (footman). These are all common (white) persons which means they only give 5% speed bonus, but allow you to still complete the higher level tasks with them.

Slightly related tip: Remember if you pray every day for 5 days consecutively you will have enough celestial tokens to buy a profession resource pack. Do this on every character you are farming with and it adds up.

Wonderful, wonderful addition! Thank you for your input!!
    I would like to add that I prefer to save my tokens until I have 7 of them to buy the Enchantment Pack. There is a chance to get a Coalescent Ward from them, and I seem to have no trouble selling them on the AH for around 150-160k AD :) This has been a nice influx of AD now that my system has been running, but you wouldn't even be able to use it until Farmer #1 reaches 7 days old :)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TSlightly related tip: Remember if you pray every day for 5 days consecutively you will have enough celestial tokens to buy a profession resource pack. Do this on every character you are farming with and it adds up.

These can't contain persons, right? I have been using my coins on the enchantment boxes (7 days) for wards, since at some point I will probably want the best enchants in the game. But I'm in no hurry! Actually haven't been in a T2 all week, since I'm waiting for guildies to catch up and because I enjoy leveling alts, playing the AH and doing sub-60 PvP. I guess I'm a terribly inefficient player!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    These can't contain persons, right? I have been using my coins on the enchantment boxes (7 days) for wards, since at some point I will probably want the best enchants in the game. But I'm in no hurry! Actually haven't been in a T2 all week, since I'm waiting for guildies to catch up and because I enjoy leveling alts, playing the AH and doing sub-60 PvP. I guess I'm a terribly inefficient player!

No, I do not believe that Profession People can be obtained from the 5 Celestial Coin packs, as they state they are a Resource Bootster, and not an Asset Booster. Going for the 7 Coin packs and stashing Coalescent Wards for personal use COULD save you big $$ in the long run, if you had to potentially buy one with hard-earned AD/Zen!

Terribly inefficient? Nay, I say. It sounds like you are utilizing the game in many different ways, enjoying both current Endgame and early game, with everything in-between. Well done
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, I do not believe that Profession People can be obtained from the 5 Celestial Coin packs, as they state they are a Resource Bootster, and not an Asset Booster. Going for the 7 Coin packs and stashing Coalescent Wards for personal use COULD save you big $$ in the long run, if you had to potentially buy one with hard-earned AD/Zen!

you can move over most stuff and check what's inside. to see whats in the resource booster hover over the icon of the item

contains:
    10 residuum
    1 uncommon profession resource

and one of:
    1 rare profession resource
    1 uncommon profession resource
    3 residuum
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im not quite to 20!! I just very well might

I obtained character #20 and brought her to level 11 just a few moments ago. Time played 1:21
    Still having fun with it, so who knows... maybe 50 will happen.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    I tried the gateway yesterday with my 2 chars. thats 9 slots of crafting. i didnt get A SINGLE rough astral diamond from all day. they just disappeared.
    I guess the gateway is just a giant bug.