Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Comments

• Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dicemaker wrote: »
    what about campanion books?

Thanks for asking! Currently there is no specific ETA for that but it's definitely in the plan.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    makovorn wrote: »
    This is good news and I'm thankful for this. However, I have to ask: If someone is removed for being AFK, will players waiting in the queue to enter a PvP match, be added in an ongoing game to balance it? Or, will the players from the other team be swapped over to balance the fight? Or, how do you guys plan to fill the empty spots?

As it stands, removing AFK players are great and it discourages that kind of behavior to a point, but I fear the 'legitimate' player will still suffer because of team imbalance. What would be the point of removing say, 1 or 2 ... or 4 AFK players and only have one or a couple of non AFK players fighting against a full opposing team?

Also, what is to prevent players from just setting up a keyboard macro to i.e. hit spacebar (jump) every few seconds or move forwards/backwards every few seconds to fool such a system? Will doing damage be counted as being not AFK?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm curious how you guys plan to tackle this ongoing problem. Obviously, I realize it's a work-in-progress and again, I truly appreciate your efforts in trying to fix these issues.

Hi Makovorn,

Thanks for requesting clarification! I apologize that I don't have any details beyond today's fix, however I know that the team is extremely invested in working towards a solution that fully addresses the issue. Tonight's fix is only the first step of many. As we build out the solution further, we will definitely keep you guys in the loop via the Patch Notes. Thank you for your patience and support!
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hi Makovorn,

Thanks for requesting clarification! I apologize that I don't have any details beyond today's fix, however I know that the team is extremely invested in working towards a solution that fully addresses the issue. Tonight's fix is only the first step of many. As we build out the solution further, we will definitely keep you guys in the loop via the Patch Notes. Thank you for your patience and support!

so what's the fix then? Or will it be in tomorrow's patch notes?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    so what's the fix then? Or will it be in tomorrow's patch notes?

It's still TBD. I don't anticipate that we will have more details on the PVP system optimization tomorrow, but I do know that the team is actively working on making iterative improvements to it over time. I would recommend checking the Patch Notes for each new version to stay in the loop on changes. You can always post suggestions, too. Dedicated threads for specific suggestions that are organized and constructive have the highest chance of being actionable. Thanks!
  • Options
    solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I've seen a fair amount of feedback regarding cleric threat and agro. This is totally valid feedback! Thank you for posting that.

Our team is actively monitoring feedback about this and also investigating it internally. As of this moment, no specific action plan is in place yet as we are still analyzing the issue. It may seem simple ("Just reduce threat!") though there are quite a few factors in play and we treat game balance very delicately. Thanks for your patience! As always, the best thing to do is to post your feedback on the forums in an organized, constructive manner and we will pass those posts along to the devs for review. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

First off, I admit I haven't read any of this thread, so i dont know if its been mentioned, but I have to add to this. I have a level 30 GF and a level 10 Cleric companion, and my companion grabs agro all the time, even when I use Mark with 2 points in Enhanced Mark. Enforced Threat usually grabs their attention for a brief moment, but if my companion heals/attacks, agro is right back on them. So it appears to me that its not just a player class issue, but clerics in general that has the issue.
  • Options
    pheerxpheerx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR THE LOVE OF D&D!!!! When will you fix the game so we can zoom the camera distance in and out with a mouse wheel while playing instead of just inspect mode????
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solmyr14 wrote: »
    First off, I admit I haven't read any of this thread, so i dont know if its been mentioned, but I have to add to this. I have a level 30 GF and a level 10 Cleric companion, and my companion grabs agro all the time, even when I use Mark with 2 points in Enhanced Mark. Enforced Threat usually grabs their attention for a brief moment, but if my companion heals/attacks, agro is right back on them. So it appears to me that its not just a player class issue, but clerics in general that has the issue.

I've noticed this too on my TR, if 2,000 dps can't break aggro generated by a single heal.. something is off. Once this is addressed, I might actually have to get a "real" tank.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    backwoods660backwoods660 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Makovorn,

Really really simple fix that plenty of mmos have implemented..

If players do NOT leave the spawn area in pvp for a certain amount of time they are kicked from the match and given a debuff that prevents them for Q'ing for a certain amount of time.

This way even if someone makes a macro to stand in spawn and jump around they will eventually get kicked anyways. And if they try to afk outside of spawn they will get killed by someone and put back to spawn and kicked from standing there to long..

Very easy fix..
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still TBD. I don't anticipate that we will have more details on the PVP system optimization tomorrow, but I do know that the team is actively working on making iterative improvements to it over time. I would recommend checking the Patch Notes for each new version to stay in the loop on changes. You can always post suggestions, too. Dedicated threads for specific suggestions that are organized and constructive have the highest chance of being actionable. Thanks!

then wait, is the change NOT going to be in tomorrow's build as was previously stated in your OP?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what game are you playing to not realize threat is broken? do you guys even qa test if so what gear and build does your gf's use to hold agro during these sessions admin?
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We plan to address this issue on an ongoing basis. This is the first step towards doing everything we can to ensure that the PVP system is fair and balanced in regards to rewards and participation.

So your removing epic mounts from the zen store?.... cause that's a balance issue in pvp.
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are u guys still working on the lag problems people are having ?
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    You've done it, I am actually happy! Thanks for listening, posting feedback and showing us that you guys DO care.

Things like this mean alot, hopefully not just to me. I'll keep posting exploits, bug reports etc and I'll spend money!
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    seems i must be one of a few guardians that didnt cash in on this said exploit ... good work on starting to fix these issues

lag - i dont really have it to be honest and i live the other side of the world to the servers

cleric agro - it needs a tweak but not to them maybe more on the guardians taunt side to be more effective

AH - T2 gear there is barely any plate T2's in the AH but sooooooo much for TR and GWF, messy search function

mailbox - the double post thing is quite annoying i have deleted mail im sure had something in

rogues - the damage of there daggers is insane they can hit 2k on my 4k def guardian in pvp all while remaining in stealth some not in stealth generally an at-will should never be this powerful other than that i dont see much issue with them ..... oh 32k crit with jump attack ?!?!?!

cash shop - its not to bad but would like to see ingame option for re-spec and appearence change (i know some roleplayers that need this)

pvp general - need more maps or the ability for people to us the foundary to make some cryptic this would make you yet more unique in your genre

game general - the ability to redo all quests once 60 in epic mode ?

this is still a open beta and cryptic/PWE are doing ok with this and would like to thank them for the game
  • Options
    rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    so the patch notes say "A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

how does that fix it? if they go afk it just kicks them? and the team stuck with afker are still stuck with 3-5? LOL. its the same as having the afkers IN the game, BEING AFK.

i guess it will just make people have spacebar macros to jump every few minutes.

need to fix the underlying problem as to why there are so many afkers, and thats the fact you are rewarding LOSERS who do NOTHING with far too much glory.

if i run around being a sucky nub am i still going to get the same amount of glory as the guy jumping around in spawn?

the whole way the game rewards pvpers needs to be addressed to fix this issue.

all this "quick fix" does is mean the afk and glory farmers are going to figure out a "quick fix" as well.

the only real fix is to drastically reduce the glory gained for losses, and not give any at all for people who havn't contributed in the game from either:
    A. Capping
    B. Killing/attempting to kill
    C. healing

and increasing the cost of pvp gear would help.

as it stands it takes 10 games afking to get 1 4.2k item. which is about an hour.

so thats 100k glory per day, more with enchants. and you wonder why they do it?

edit: just a few more numbers to put it in perspective.

100k glory per day = 23 items (at 4.2k glory price)
    sell at 20k each = 460k AD per day.

and thats just one account. the farmers will be doing this on a massive scale.
  • Options
    conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the gear that has already been farmed by exploits???

i know people in many other games from PWE that got PERMA banned for doing less of an exploitation than this..

and the ONLY fix for Glory farmers is.. MAking the goddam Glory items BOUND to char.. that's it.. FIXED..

it works in every other single PWE game.. why is not like that here?? i dont get it..
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too late, market is spoiled now, items dropping like crazy in price, and then there is a reason less to pvp.
    an afk system is not going to help, just saying this polite.
    just press a key 6 times a game or less and system is a failing already, if it is that kind of system.
    and if iis one that doesn`t allow you to stay on spawn point is also not going to work.
    people can just pretend they re playing, by walking somewhere, and die.
    there needs to be a change in pointsystem.
    so that glory is given by achievent somehow.
    like maybe use the scorebars as guide for points given, and a little extra for the winner, otherwise it would be so weird for close matches :D

ps: my great mind is for hire.
  • Options
    vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Everyone,

We will be deploying a host of critical updates in this build, including:

-A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

1/3 of the AFK problem is gone I guess... time to realize it happens in dungeons and skirmishes too.
  • Options
    dreeddreed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LAGS !!!! THIS IS A PROBLEM !!!!! Unable to normal play during PvP and PvE.. doging and recive dmg, cast skill and nothing happen but skill is on cooldown... kill miss target ... i recive hits when im dodging skills.. i recive hits 1-1,5s after i dodge and cover behind wall... recive dmg faster than skill amimations...

dont know whats happen but after few last patches lags everywhere and all the time.. and i dont know its only EU players problem - players with german, french, UK players.. and all have the same.
  • Options
    conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just make every freakin currency other than AD/gold/zen bound to character/account.. FFS..

it is this way in EVERY other game from PWE and it works.. wtf is wrong with the devs of this game that doesnt wanna do it this way in here?? jesus..
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    please please please roll back the servers!
  • Options
    joe15552joe15552 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What we need is a SUPER COP!
  • Options
    talby01talby01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's also a bug where; if you die just before PvP ends, you come back dead in town or wherever you were before PvP started... and! you also have to use an injury kit or more than 1 injury kit :mad:
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - I've updated the OP with additional information about the build going live tomorrow. I'm also going to take a quick look through the thread now to see if there are any questions I can address.

I don't have any of the other problems I see here, I consider myself an CC healer so the more aggro the better. I WOULD like to be able to turn on and off each individual piece of armors' appearance. I would like to be able to rez my bird mid combat. The three healer skill trees are a bit convoluted; My points are all over the place and the end skills aren't worth the point investment. And lastly I would like some sort of subscription for premium play. Either way am having fun. It's got a real Neverwinter feel. I'll be posting more tours on YouTube soon, thx much.
  • Options
    rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ip ban exploiters! for the future of Neverwinter, I really like this game don't let it get destroyed.
  • Options
    groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, no, seriously, could you stop having the maintenance during dungeon delves? It's the main reason most people log in, so please work around that ...
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    pheerx wrote: »
    FOR THE LOVE OF D&D!!!! When will you fix the game so we can zoom the camera distance in and out with a mouse wheel while playing instead of just inspect mode????

I don't know if this helps, but it is completely viable to play with no HUD at all if you memorize your skills. There are decent visual cues for everything. Hit inspect mode then remove the HUD completely with whatever button you set for it. You can play as you normally would but you have to listen for the cooldown tones. It's a glorious way to play.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I've seen a fair amount of feedback regarding cleric threat and agro. This is totally valid feedback! Thank you for posting that.

Our team is actively monitoring feedback about this and also investigating it internally. As of this moment, no specific action plan is in place yet as we are still analyzing the issue. It may seem simple ("Just reduce threat!") though there are quite a few factors in play and we treat game balance very delicately. Thanks for your patience! As always, the best thing to do is to post your feedback on the forums in an organized, constructive manner and we will pass those posts along to the devs for review. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!
  • Options
    taishaku77taishaku77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - I've updated the OP with additional information about the build going live tomorrow. I'm also going to take a quick look through the thread now to see if there are any questions I can address.

Hey Dez,
    i had some issues lately with the bug report feature: it tells me server timed out and reports are not filed.
    Other than that, is there a plan to allow all group members to freely enter the areas where final dungeon's bosses are fought, after they have been defeated? Yesterday one of my friends got defeated during the fight, and she could not access the area and open the Dungeon Delves chest.
    Thanks for your time :)
  • Options
    glennanderglennander Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really hope something is done about the exploiters and all the wealth and gear they have collected over the past week. This game is great and such a nice change please DEV's dont let it and its economy be completely ruined the the start i fully support character wipes and i know alot of people feel the same... Please do the right thing for the well being of of YOUR game and OUR community