test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Comments

• Options
    senathynsenathyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you dezstravus for posting this, it restores my faith in the game to know you are working to fix these issues.
  • Options
    pandobearpandobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about do something about que's for instances.

I don't feel like waiting 3hours just to get a party.
  • Options
    grayhograyho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand this, but as a veteran tank with 10+ years of experience, even I can see that the threat issues need to be addressed.

Hey buddy - I completely agree with you, there are issues that MUST be addressed (like repercussions for the exploiters, threat etc.)

All I'm saying is that - people need to recognize that good work was done here in 24 hours - so at the very least say "thanks for the changes but can you please try to fix X next?"
  • Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tomorrow, 05/15/13, at 7 a.m. Pacific. We anticipate that the maintenance will take two hours. Once the maintenance begins, we'll keep you in the loop on progress!

We will be deploying a host of critical updates in this build, including:

-A fix for a bug that allowed Guardian Fighters to inflict significantly more damage than intended under certain circumstances (this is not a balance change - this is related to a very specific circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly)
    -A change that will prevent certain bosses from being defeated multiple times
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

For details about any additional changes that will be occurring in the upcoming build, please keep an eye out for the Patch Notes.

Thank you to the players who have reported the above issues and provided us with the details needed to resolve them. Some players have posted feedback that the above issues may have had an effect on the game's economy. This is something that we take very seriously. In addition to the above fixes, we have a team actively working to ensure that these issues are looked into and addressed to the best of our ability. As a reminder, please keep in mind that attempting to exploit the game in any way can lead to actions taken against the account, up to and including permanent account closure.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We've collected a ton of great feedback during the Neverwinter open beta, and have made several major improvements as a direct result of the many constructive comments we've received. We hope to continue this trend, so please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts with us!

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team

You guys only get one chance to get this right. I hope you know it.

Your entire community is watching to see if you care, how much you are willing to do to keep this game strong for the long term. You need to do whatever it takes, rollbacks/wipes, mass bannings, ip bans. Whatever it takes, if this game is going to succeed, show us. Show us you have the ability to fix the problem, fix the exploits, fix the hacks, fix the bots and get the economy under control.

It's time for one game company to stand up and stop taking it from these exploiters. Show us you're the one.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can you elaborate exactly HOW you plan to kick AFkers?

Common sense says there still there, wiggling their mouse every so often while they clean their room or something.

What have you done different, is what I'm asking?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    embryodead666embryodead666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    You guys only get one chance to get this right. I hope you know it.

Your entire community is watching to see if you care, how much you are willing to do to keep this game strong for the long term. You need to do whatever it takes, rollbacks/wipes, mass bannings, ip bans. Whatever it takes, if this game is going to succeed, show us. Show us you have the ability to fix the problem, fix the exploits, fix the hacks, fix the bots and get the economy under control.

It's time for one game company to stand up and stop taking it from these exploiters. Show us you're the one.

Yes, this is 100% correct. The people who are taking advantage of the economy of your hard earned work to create this game need to be dealt with. IP ban all of them, put counter measurements into the game to limit people acting like this. Do SOMETHING and tell us all about it! Your reputation is tarnished at this point for how this has been handled.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Everyone,

-A fix for a bug that allowed Guardian Fighters to inflict significantly more damage than intended under certain circumstances (this is not a balance change - this is related to a very specific circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly)
    -A change that will prevent certain bosses from being defeated multiple times
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

That is great news! And there was much rejoicing!
    Thank you for your patience and understanding. We've collected a ton of great feedback during the Neverwinter open beta, and have made several major improvements as a direct result of the many constructive comments we've received. We hope to continue this trend, so please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts with us!

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team

Any chance of a wipe? mmow(rest of website removed so I don't get banned) forums had plenty of screenies where people had millions of AD, and many bags full of T2 gear. Not just a few people either...

Unless you guys ban about 20% of the GF population, I doubt anything but a clean wipe will fix this issue.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sarahyumi wrote: »
    We need something like vote kick or making ppl who disconnect for 10minutes+ to be removed from party in dungeons.
    i have been in SO MANY parties where the tank DC at start and wont come online again and then the partyleader dont know english.....= stuck in a dungeon with a healer and Damage dealers.... So an auto kick after 10 min Disconnect. would be amazing.
    And a AH fix so we can search by level.

Other then that AMAZING GAME and i LOVE the Fondry working on a REALLY BIG project atm with many many Dungeons in it Thanks for an a simply amazing game.

I second the 'boot from party' and definitely the AH fix to search by level. I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. ...and the AH only shows a max of 400 listings so we are only looking at a fraction of what is listed - most of which is useable by a given character but not preferred.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this is 100% correct. The people who are taking advantage of the economy of your hard earned work to create this game need to be dealt with. IP ban all of them, put counter measurements into the game to limit people acting like this. Do SOMETHING and tell us all about it! Your reputation is tarnished at this point for how this has been handled.

You are aware that IPs bans cause more troubles than they solve as they block legitimate players as well and that anyone who know's anything about networking can easily change or spoof their IP addresses.

However fixing the exploits and then banning them gets rid of them for good.

Also they are handling this with less than a weeks turnaround. That's fast for an MMO especially this fast after launch, it's just unfortunate for them that the exploiters can move faster.
  • Options
    logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How come bugs that make the game easy for a group of ppl is hotfixed immediately upon discovery, yet a bug that is plaguing groups and making it very hard to complete dungeons, (cleric threat) even discouraging people to level said class continues to go on?
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job, this is really needed, all that's left now is banning the exploiters and remove all ad + items that was involved in the explotation.
  • Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You are aware that IPs cause more troubles than they solve as they block legitimate players as well and that anyone who know's anything about networking can easily change or spoof their IP addresses.

Unfortunately with a free to play game it doesn't get rid of the player who exploited for more than 1 minute.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately with a free to play game it doesn't get rid of the player who exploited for more than 1 minute.

Not to mention you have to track down their AD and item mules too. If you miss one with a couple million AD and a set of gear on it? They lost the day it takes to get back to 60 :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    embryodead666embryodead666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are aware that IPs cause more troubles than they solve as they block legitimate players as well and that anyone who know's anything about networking can easily change or spoof their IP addresses.

I know IP bans aren't always going to be the best solution but they need to DEFINITELY 100% ban every single one of these players and remove all of the money they had made and items that had dropped. These players are vipers to the economy and are essentially unbelievably selfish as the market is going to be crushed by the players who are selling the gear the casuals can't afford because of the ridiculous price hikes they will be able to do whenever they want to. I saw screenshots of players with 30-40 slots of drops from T2 purples to go sell on the AH/hold onto when the storm blows over.

It is just bad bad bad how this was handled. Especially the audience for a dungeons & dragons game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Fixing the exploits means that most of them won't want to come back, if all they were doing was exploiting.

If they weren't just exploiting then it doesn't matter if they come back after the exploit is fixed.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    They might ban some of the GFs but they are expecting it and have mules standing by with bags and banks full of ancients and millions of diamonds.

Really sad this game is ruined as soon as the gamer websites start reporting on it.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know IP bans aren't always going to be the best solution but they need to DEFINITELY 100% ban every single one of these players and remove all of the money they had made and items that had dropped. These players are vipers to the economy and are essentially unbelievably selfish as the market is going to be crushed by the players who are selling the gear the casuals can't afford because of the ridiculous price hikes they will be able to do whenever they want to. I saw screenshots of players with 30-40 slots of drops from T2 purples to go sell on the AH/hold onto when the storm blows over.

It is just bad bad bad how this was handled. Especially the audience for a dungeons & dragons game.

I agree their accounts should be banned, but IP banning like I said would ban more than just the exploiters. Fixing the exploits and banning them does stop them exploiting should they come back.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    They might ban some of the GFs but they are expecting it and have mules standing by with bags and banks full of ancients and millions of diamonds.

100 mil AD is a great golden parachute in NW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Really sad this game is ruined as soon as the gamer websites start reporting on it.

They can track where these things have come from and ban the mule accounts too. Seriously, you can't move items in this game without Cryptic being able to trace it back to when and where the item was originally spawned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They can track where these things have come from and ban the mule accounts too.

You going to ban everyone who bought a Castle Never epic at a decent price? and then sold for a profit? How about banning anyone who accepted a trade? and the people they sold or traded to? :D
  • Options
    frozentothecorefrozentothecore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its great they are trying to fix it but it just makes you wonder about the integrity of this game, it makes you wonder if stuff was even tested it makes you wonder if they really even care about the game in general. The only way to really fix the game is to do a full character wipe. Sure they could 'fix' the economy but the damage has been done, the only way to correct this is to either permanently ban each and every one of these exploiters or wipe the servers clean. Like one guy said, this is their only chance to fix this mess and if it dosent work, this game wont ever hit full release.
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Can open spots in pvp now be filled mid match? or is the afk pvp kick going to change almost nothing?

Not yet - but it is on a list of things to address. This patch is only the first step in improving some of the AFK pvp issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    Not yet - but it is on a list of things to address. This patch is only the first step in improving some of the AFK pvp issues.

Awesome. All that will remain is to add vote kick.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    They can track where these things have come from and ban the mule accounts too. Seriously, you can't move items in this game without Cryptic being able to trace it back to when and where the item was originally spawned.

They won't even answer petitions you think they are going to waste 1,000s of man hours tracking billions of ad from hundreds of players who have a dozen or so mules. Sorry, not going to happen.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, to fix the players who afk and autoattack or something all you need is to autokick anyone that stays in the starting area for longer than 2 minutes. I am honestly surprised they did not implement this over kicking people who just do nothing.
  • Options
    chevellegodchevellegod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I want to know is, Where's the line for for ppl afk'ing and exploiting. I've joined several games where one guy is "Multi-Boxing" 5 accounts. So he just afk's all game all 5 accounts get levels/xp. Now I'm sure a lot of ppl are like what's your problem you're being given a free win. And while that's all fine, It's not fun to sit their for 15 minutes doing nothing. Meanwhile 90% of ppl are earning their levels properly and a cpl ppl are cheating it.

I appreciate the fairly quick response to AFK'ers. I'm glad that on some level that's being addressed. Again, you guys have been amazing in your response time and your dedication towards making this a quality game.

GJ PW/Cryptic
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They won't even answer petitions you think they are going to waste 1,000s of man hours tracking billions of ad from hundreds of players who have a dozen or so mules. Sorry, not going to happen.

If they were purchased with legitimately gain AD then they won't bother, if the exploiters were stupid enough to just mass mail these things out too their mule accounts then they'll catch that easily.
  • Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    the gf exploit also works on other classes w/ similar set bonus
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    basement12 wrote: »

Bug report it then, for the love of god don't post them up here if you value your Forum account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    basement12 wrote: »

rofl....problem with integers somewhere in the database I imagine.

Please. Fix. Your. Game.