test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Comments

• Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everyone worried about afk pvp'rs and yet daily in the afternoon the lag starts. No one seems to care about stability of the servers, etc. Don't get me wrong I'm all for correcting things, but if you can't beat a boss in a dungeon because the lag is so bad what's the use.

I've been playing for almost a week now, and I think I've experienced lag once or twice, and I'd say that's due to my ISP, not the game.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mogz87 wrote: »
    I keep seeing the servers being brought down. but no patch notes regarding clerics. am i misunderstood or is it not a problem how much threat and aggro clerics get while running dungeons. is this going to be addressed soon?

Yeah tired of having a "tank" and they run past him and aggro on me if I am even picking flowers in a field 500 yards away.
  • Options
    nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing for almost a week now, and I think I've experienced lag once or twice, and I'd say that's due to my ISP, not the game.

I'm the same, I get a little lag now and then in the main city but elsewhere things are fine.
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Work harder on fixing the horrible rubberband issues that has spread from CO -> STO -> NWO. I'd be pretty embarrassed if i were Cryptic and not being able to fix the server issues after so long.

While i love the game, i can't play it due to the rubberbanding. No point when i take one step forward, then get tossed backwards, sideways, left and right constantly. Can't even move at times. :rolleyes:
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Yeah tired of having a "tank" and they run past him and aggro on me if I am even picking flowers in a field 500 yards away.

There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nova1690 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I get a little lag now and then in the main city but elsewhere things are fine.

Then you guys have been lucky, or it depends on the time of day when you play.

However this isn't an issue only related to NWO. It's the same in Champions Online as well as Star Trek Online.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for listening and addressing the issue Cryptic / PWI.
  • Options
    fillefantfillefant Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nvm, found the answer ;)
  • Options
    latteshakelatteshake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this is 100% correct. The people who are taking advantage of the economy of your hard earned work to create this game need to be dealt with. IP ban all of them, put counter measurements into the game to limit people acting like this. Do SOMETHING and tell us all about it! Your reputation is tarnished at this point for how this has been handled.

Will need to check it well.
    Was not a hack neither cheat, was an armor set stats bug.
    So if u got to 60 n this was the first set u farmed for, what u gonna do? go naked around n kill mobs? no u play normally till they fix, cuz was not our fault.
  • Options
    offenzoffenz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long is the maint.?
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreed wrote: »

LAGS !!!! THIS IS A PROBLEM !!!!! Unable to normal play during PvP and PvE.. doging and recive dmg, cast skill and nothing happen but skill is on cooldown... kill miss target ... i recive hits when im dodging skills.. i recive hits 1-1,5s after i dodge and cover behind wall... recive dmg faster than skill amimations...

dont know whats happen but after few last patches lags everywhere and all the time.. and i dont know its only EU players problem - players with german, french, UK players.. and all have the same.
    lag and ping yes, ping shouldn`t be 200 standard, don`t know who has better ping in europe, but 200 is way too much for playing games.
    1 sec is short if you re doing nothing, but if you re full focussed on something even 1/5 delay is too long.

somewhere i`m starting to regret Atari sold cryptic to pwe
    guess we need to wait till blizz brings titan, although i hate blizz
  • Options
    papafuzz3578papafuzz3578 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Too true!!! Ban the flowers!!! lol
  • Options
    kilordfactor9kilordfactor9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, the afkers absolutley Kill gameplay and waste time for people wanting to play. Bravo for doing something Cryptic.

On another note-can we get more pvp arenas. And perhaps Give out Glory and exp during pvp on a scaling system i.e. your total score, the Difference between final team scores, kills, ect., ect. That should give incentive to players who just want to "hurry up and lose" to get their points also.
  • Options
    soulrider87soulrider87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any update on the maintenance? its being down too long....
  • Options
    meantermelmeantermel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi there. Noticed this thread saying game playis down for maintenance. I literally just signed up to play the game and am getting 'server is unavailable at this time'. does this mean maintenance is still going on or am I doing something wrong please?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    meantermel wrote: »
    hi there. Noticed this thread saying game playis down for maintenance. I literally just signed up to play the game and am getting 'server is unavailable at this time'. does this mean maintenance is still going on or am I doing something wrong please?

yep they are still working on it be patient :)
  • Options
    meantermelmeantermel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok thank you. Someone told me about the game and I'm itching to get started. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    meantermel wrote: »
    ok thank you. Someone told me about the game and I'm itching to get started. :)

well if you played similar game your gonna be like shocked on how good this is :)
  • Options
    devladevla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    offenz wrote: »
    How long is the maint.?
    They said 2 hours, so the servers should be back up now, but they're not.
  • Options
    shinzizoshinzizo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4:02 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
    Time in Coordinated Universal Time
  • Options
    kunjakumyohokunjakumyoho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we have some update on the ETA ?

Edit : it's up
  • Options
    kedr13kedr13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Дабавте на сайте время по которому работает ваш сервер
    Для удобства того чтобы можно было определить в какое время будут производиться рестарт и ардейт сервера:)
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it should be up but it has only been 5minutes past the 2hour mark so be on the lookout for update soon I say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    cincoborg2cincoborg2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers up
  • Options
    shinzizoshinzizo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server up time to pvp
  • Options
    dots06dots06 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Unfortunately, after rigorous testing, our QA team discovered that the boss re-spawn issue was not completely addressed by this build. The team is committed to fixing this issue and will continue working out on it with the hopes of getting a fix out ASAP. We apologize in advance that this will likely require another maintenance in the near future. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
    devla wrote: »
    They said 2 hours, so the servers should be back up now, but they're not.

They are still trying to work out the boss re-spawn issue which results to an extension of server maintenance unless they will postpone it until the next schedule maintenance.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, servers are officially up now! Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya all are like dope fiends. let the people properly patch and fix stuff to avoid non scheduled downtimes lol
  • Options
    pantheras7pantheras7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its wierd, launcher still shows me server offline. Is there something bad from my site?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it works now and launcher works to