test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Comments

• Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    liggy1990 wrote: »
    you cant ask for a server wipe when legit players have spent real cash on zen and not exploited that will push more players away aswell

I have spent real cash and i would love a server wipe.. they can reimburse me my zen :D
  • Options
    floweroftheniteflowerofthenite Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys
    Thanks for the great game. I'm having a problem with pvp games. Each time I try one I get kicked from the game. I have tried different times of day and it still happens. I was doing a dungeon delve and ran into a pvp situation and was kicked again. Could this just be my laptop? Or is it a fixable problem? Luckily I had a great party in the dungeon delve and they were very understanding and even waited for me when I got back in.
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PLEASE ban exploiters! And please remove all exploited items if possible
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Why not make the gear BoP... You have an endless surplus now of t2 floating around and your giving them all the time to move it... People will be in t2 before they even hit 60... Pieces already going for 15-20k...
    2. The CW has a tier bonus exploit...
    3. This does not solve the full pvp afk issue; obviously they will find a way around it; you guys have done nothing but let them know they have all the time in the world to even worrying about your reactions.
    Maybe start i dunno banning people for one...?
    More important once these afk's r removed; more important is letting someone Q into that spot... This is just as destructive to the pvp experience.

@ grayho
    Im tired of explaining it to your types.
    Their unwillingness to ban or rollback exploiters and cheaters only encourages more of it.
    Also it has nothing to do with the economy; thats already borked.
    Its about how it directly effects the longevity of the game. IE pvp/t1 is already considered junk... T2 is going to follow because there was mass amount of it farmed.

Its not just the GF.. CW can do same exploit (nothing about it here) And TR can use near inf invisibility to solo bosses.
    Great they fix pathing and the GF... yet the more serious threat continues... The free accumulation of the best gear in the game...

What is SO hard about:
    -Make the gear BoP (immediately; even if temp)
    -Saying ok guys cheating will be punished now... (If) your not going to roll back those people.
    -This is on the same exact level as duping... (its destructive in more then one way)
    The least of which is actually the economy.

A. They still do not take cheating seriously and are enablers of it... They encourage it.
    B. They allow this dup-esk absurd about of Crafting assets, Runes, and End game gear to remain
    after the fact...

That is corrosive to the longevity of the game and content... They are cannibalizing themselves in the long run and there for our potential commitment to the game.
    Its a business; you have to see it that way to see what it can cause.

But hey you all apparently love running around in a game where you have access to the same things for mere penny's. Why not just go play GW2 then?
  • Options
    kenodeenakenodeena Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sarahyumi wrote: »
    healers are Supposed to get high agro a good tank can keep mobs / bosses of the rest of the group i have sen it done and i have odne it myself. without healing agro games get boring. Dont make them pull a Blizzard where they killed an awesome game mechanic cuse kids and BAD players cant keep agro from the healers. and if the healer gets agro then its up to you to show how good you are untill the tank have the situation under control again.
    I don't think you play the same game that I do. I run a Cleric. I'm not lv60 yet, I'm only lv50. My fiance runs a Rogue. There have been times where he has knocked out 35-40% of a mob's health and I still manage to end up tanking it WITH full talents in aggro reduction AND when I've literally done nothing but cast Hallowed Ground. I didn't heal or attack that mob, yet my AoE buff is enough for that mob to focus on me.

That is a problem with the aggro mechanic. I've played a healer in 3 other games (WoW from Classic until the end of Cata (Druid, Priest and Shaman), Rift (Cleric) and Forsaken World (Bard) ) and never had this issue before. Even with the baddest baddie McFailBad tanks, I didn't have this much trouble staying below the aggro of the DPS.

The problem could be that passive healing is causing too much aggro, tanks aren't generating enough, DPS isn't generating enough, our multipliers could be off... Could be a lot of things but something is broken somewhere and I'm sick to death of running around on boss fights with 340985034850 adds chasing me (because massive AoE damage and tons of random add spawns = difficult fight mechanics) until the boss dies.
  • Options
    reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

Finally.. now if only people did have a program running to make their character jump every so often to prevent afk.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We plan to address this issue on an ongoing basis. This is the first step towards doing everything we can to ensure that the PVP system is fair and balanced in regards to rewards and participation.

NEXT.. you should elimitate the ability to make PRE MADE PARTIES BEFORE GOING INTO PVP MATCH.... because ALOT of ppl are doing that now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    My personal experience says that it isn't the healer generating too much, it's the tanks not generating enough.

Funny Ive seen, Gf, Gwf both hold aggro...
    Btw DPS are supposed to help deal with adds not the tank. A good tank will tho.
    Do you know how easy the game will be if its just tank hold full aggro on everything...Cleric spams shield...? lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NEXT.. you should elimitate the ability to make PRE MADE PARTIES BEFORE GOING INTO PVP MATCH.... because ALOT of ppl are doing that now.

..thats stupid, how would friends and guilds play together then.
    I might get cancer!!! Cut off both my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now!!! O wait I don't have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kenodeena wrote: »
    I don't think you play the same game that I do. I run a Cleric. I'm not lv60 yet, I'm only lv50. My fiance runs a Rogue. There have been times where he has knocked out 35-40% of a mob's health and I still manage to end up tanking it WITH full talents in aggro reduction AND when I've literally done nothing but cast Hallowed Ground. I didn't heal or attack that mob, yet my AoE buff is enough for that mob to focus on me.

That is a problem with the aggro mechanic. I've played a healer in 3 other games (WoW from Classic until the end of Cata (Druid, Priest and Shaman), Rift (Cleric) and Forsaken World (Bard) ) and never had this issue before. Even with the baddest baddie McFailBad tanks, I didn't have this much trouble staying below the aggro of the DPS.

The problem could be that passive healing is causing too much aggro, tanks aren't generating enough, DPS isn't generating enough, our multipliers could be off... Could be a lot of things but something is broken somewhere and I'm sick to death of running around on boss fights with 340985034850 adds chasing me (because massive AoE damage and tons of random add spawns = difficult fight mechanics) until the boss dies.

None of which is an action based mmo...
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tomorrow, 05/15/13, at 7 a.m. Pacific. We anticipate that the maintenance will take two hours. Once the maintenance begins, we'll keep you in the loop on progress!

We will be deploying a host of critical updates in this build, including:

-A fix for a bug that allowed Guardian Fighters to inflict significantly more damage than intended under certain circumstances (this is not a balance change - this is related to a very specific circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly)
    -A change that will prevent certain bosses from being defeated multiple times
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

For details about any additional changes that will be occurring in the upcoming build, please keep an eye out for the Patch Notes.

Thank you to the players who have reported the above issues and provided us with the details needed to resolve them. Some players have posted feedback that the above issues may have had an effect on the game's economy. This is something that we take very seriously. In addition to the above fixes, we have a team actively working to ensure that these issues are looked into and addressed to the best of our ability. As a reminder, please keep in mind that attempting to exploit the game in any way can lead to actions taken against the account, up to and including permanent account closure.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We've collected a ton of great feedback during the Neverwinter open beta, and have made several major improvements as a direct result of the many constructive comments we've received. We hope to continue this trend, so please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts with us!

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team
    Looking forward to your solutions. GL on it, we are w8ing to play again our beloved game:)
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    None of which is an action based mmo...
    I don't really see your point. I accept that there are differences in the play style but don't see how broken aggro tables qualify as a game mechanic. (Yes, they are broken. When an Admin says they're looking into it and how to tweak the numbers, it's broken.)
  • Options
    reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    biovital wrote: »
    So can all of us non GF players get a free 100 million AD and full T2 in the mail?

Damage is done, fixing it won't really change much at this point, if you leave all the benefits in the game they got from using it.

well that wouldnt really be fair.. im not GF so i would like that but at the same time.. what about new ppl that made GF? what are you gonna give them hmm... They should not be subjected to the same type of punishment that the elpoiters did.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its simple go sign the petition for rolling back servers... Tons of founders even on it.
    They could save the longevity of the game merely by doing that.
    Everyone gets Zen refunded; which will go right back into the economy.
    And perhaps give consolation zen to everyone. (not AD)

While they are at it perhaps consider going BoP not BoE as a precocious. (BoP idea was not created for no reason..)

With what just happened servers will be a ghost town in a month... You can already grab the best gear in the game for chump change now. What you think your going to do? Continue playing 3/4 vs 5 pvp and sitting in pubs Rping? You already will have the gear? Fine go kill the boss once or twice... Everything has been trivialized = short life span. (lvling can be overlooked; but the rest of what just happened?) Even crafting was shafted; blue and up assets flooded the market from exploits.
    Your all stuck on the cake; not realizing you are going to get full and not want anymore...

Think about the game...not yourselves. (imo no better then exploiters; your like mmo parasites)

I mean if they have stashed away another their and not jst told us I can understand what they are doing...But if not.
    They continue to commit suicide. (your just all to shortsighted to see it.)
  • Options
    yunalesscanyunalesscan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its simple go sign the petition for rolling back servers... Tons of founders even on it.

While they are at it perhaps consider going BoP not BoE as a precocious. (BoP idea was not created for no reason..)

With what just happened servers will be a ghost town in a month... You can already grab the best gear in the game for chump change now. What you think your going to do? Continue playing 3/4 vs 5 pvp and sitting in pubs Rping? You already will have the gear? Fine go kill the boss once or twice... Everything has been trivialized = short life span. (lvling can be overlooked; but the rest of what just happened?) Even crafting was shafted; blue and up assets flooded the market from exploits.
    Your all stuck on the cake; not realizing you are going to get full and not want anymore...

Think about the game...not yourselves. (imo no better then exploiters; your like mmo parasites)

I mean if they have stashed away another their and not jst told us I can understand what they are doing...But if not.

Rolling restarts is a bad idea. For myself, I would lose all the hours i spent leveling. All they need to do is take away all the gear that was issued by the exploit. thats it.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling those who used the exploit knowingly will be hit with either a roll back or a ban..I'm hoping..BOTH.

Those who brought the gear off the AH may get away with keeping it...IF they had nothing to do with it. Though I would like to see chatlogs brought in to show if they had asked the GF to exploit for them since my GF was being asked if she could do the exploit and run people through for gear. I'm glad there was several GFs who refused because they knew it was wrong.
    Rolling restarts is a bad idea. For myself, I would lose all the hours i spent leveling. All they need to do is take away all the gear that was issued by the exploit. thats it.
    They can roll back single characters. They keep logs of everything! They can see who had been apart of the exploit.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see your point. I accept that there are differences in the play style but don't see how broken aggro tables qualify as a game mechanic. (Yes, they are broken. When an Admin says they're looking into it and how to tweak the numbers, it's broken.)

IF there isn't some kind of chaotic side introduced into the mechanics it becomes a million times easier then the games you named.
    The mobs might as well stand still for u... If I can tank the entire room and all the adds... And you can spam away - then why are we playing. The game will be dead after its pillaged... People already Q about it not being a challenge (I think it is; and my guild has no aggro issues). Its your party not you... (Well can still be you if you don't understand agro mechanics...common even early wow you had to work for it...) Now Dps and Healers can spam w/o worry; I for that very reason can not believe you say you played early wow...

example...
    Adds spawn with a register of zero for hate... If a Dps does not meet that mob and trigger its aggro before you cast a spell; which is registered as hate then you will be getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Its 101 stuff... If your dps rush the adds as they come in you will not get aggro unless u r spamming. People don't even use any aggro reduction feating or passive and have no issue lol.

Again, its happening because the DPS are not focusing the agro mobs... They have tunnel vision on their targets trying to reach 1 n2 spots.

Btw now the tanks standard aggro gimmik in this game is broken... Although at higher lvls it does work.
    But most tanks who are playing end game are dps builds. This allows them to stay viable for the fights where they are not needed.
    I dont buy its because the tank is trying to keep top dps lol...
    Its because the DPS ARE trying to stay top dps.

This is like people who still say Gf suck or Gwf do no damage...
    In general your number one issue will be pugs... Q'd groups period. Most clerics for this reason have used the OT build. Which turns out to be the best heal build for those in these situations.
    Because they suck... (Not the cleric; the group)

Look at the first ruff fight in the game for pugs... all a tank has to do is tank the dragon off side of room. You and the dps (TR can be on adds or boss for example or adds) All stay in same area... Clear the adds...rinse repeat. Instead everyone fights right on top or around the dragon; making it a complete aggro feast for the Cleric... On top of that all the movement forces the cleric to risk his own death even more. On the other hand split the DPS up on defending cleric, killing adds and the boss and stand in separate areas; and no one is running all over the place like they are on fire... Heh, well they will for sure be dealing with more fire less adds then... People need to learn to play games again; not just spam through them.

Players have found numerous ways around dealing with the mechanics because they are not actually broken.

People are just to stuck in their boxes.

Watch ANY good T1+ video you will see zero aggro issues...

There are enough posts on how to not get aggro or how to deal with it in the Cleric subs; why do I even need to bother going into it. I mean for one the intention is for you to get aggro on some lvl; so that again its not stand and spam...
    A Cleric in DnD IS A TANK for one... not that I use that as a standard excuse but Clerics are tanking T1 and 2 intentionally right now w/o exploiting... They have learned to work with the system; not ***** about how its broken.
    Now in CB that was broken Cleric...

Again all sub forums have pages on this and that doesn't work and the 2 or 3 overlooked posts that explain its fine. And if you bother to ever read them; rather then focusing on others you will see the comments full of TY its so easy now...

When I go back to lvl alts I am frustrated to see the lower zones full of Clerc healing sux, Tanks cant tank, Gf suck, no one plays them; when they can top dps chart (with out the exploit). Or GWF that can beat TR... Its all situational... This is why more people Q rather then go find the obvious solution pointed out by OPs for every class atm.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    logisitcs wrote: »
    How come bugs that make the game easy for a group of ppl is hotfixed immediately upon discovery, yet a bug that is plaguing groups and making it very hard to complete dungeons, (cleric threat) even discouraging people to level said class continues to go on?

because those bugs are bugs. They make the game difficult, but not impossible to play.

The bugs that are going to be fixed essentially BREAK the game. Like, really break it, not just make it annoying like balance and threat issues.

It's a priority thing.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I have a feeling those who used the exploit knowingly will be hit with either a roll back or a ban..I'm hoping..BOTH.

Those who brought the gear off the AH may get away with keeping it...IF they had nothing to do with it. Though I would like to see chatlogs brought in to show if they had asked the GF to exploit for them since my GF was being asked if she could do the exploit and run people through for gear. I'm glad there was several GFs who refused because they knew it was wrong.

They can roll back single characters. They keep logs of everything! They can see who had been apart of the exploit.

To be honest I don't think they would want to waste their time and effort reading chat logs and such, if anything they will just ban the accounts involved.

But I have a feeling nothing is going to happen and no information will be released as to what has happened so we will never know....
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see a lot of people complaining about cleric threat. Yes, it is a problem. Yes, there are other problems with threat in the game. However, if you look at all the patches coming out, they are fixes to bugs and important..much more important things. I have yet to see a class balance patch.

Knowing the state of MMOs, they are probably quiet about it because there may be a large patch incoming. I am just one of those people however that would like to at least have them acknowledge they know its a problem (which they have for Clerics..still waiting on a few other things.../leer)
    cerkie wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think they would want to waste their time and effort reading chat logs and such, if anything they will just ban the accounts involved.

But I have a feeling nothing is going to happen and no information will be released as to what has happened so we will never know....
    We'll find out when there is a mass amount of new accounts spamming the forum about how they got banned. We'll just have to wait and see.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm okay with pulling aggro with healing. I really am. I'm used to seeing mobs come up to slap me in the face. That's not the issue.

The issue is a DPS player smacking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of an add and it still chases me. I have an issue when an add spawns, I haven't cast anything and they run right for me even after being intercepted by a dps. I have an issue when I have literally only Astral Seal on a boss and the adds all run to me when I have cast nothing else.

I would like to ask that you change your tone and stop addressing me like I'm an idiot. I know how aggro and threat work and how the fights are intended.
  • Options
    floweroftheniteflowerofthenite Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry I can't help it.
    You're not your. Please learn how to use it. It will make for a more compelling argument.
    I'm really not being nasty. Just trying to help.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm really glad that you're working on the PvP problem. It would be also nice if you fixed the 2min cd thing that gives me neverending cd even on at-wills. This happened to me several times and once I was even kicked (as for afking) while I kept yelling that it wouldn't allow me to cast anything just run around :c.
    And one more thing - PvP with a cleric is like you have to decide whether you wanna keep your allies alive or you want higher score which seems to me kida unfair :).
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - I've updated the OP with additional information about the build going live tomorrow. I'm also going to take a quick look through the thread now to see if there are any questions I can address.
  • Options
    ctb3yoctb3yo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play any other MMO. As it stands threat could probably be reduced a little but adds are always going to focus you because the threat you draw is the most critical. Stand behind your guardian fighter and be smart. It's made to happen so that you aren't just a click and heal class.

Cryptospark have you played a DC in neverwinter? I doubt you would be saying anything if you have. I have 3 points into soothe and 3 into battlewise this is supposed to decrease threat by 46 percent yet the dungeon group can enter battle and I cast no spells and all the adds come after me. I love a game with skill. I love a challenge. This is more than a challenge. It in fact feels "broken". As it is there are SO MANY adds on dungeon bosses and no matter how many times you ask for help from dps or the tank every seems to want to burn the boss first and only. I'm in it for the long haul, nut this really needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    maybe bring the servers down.... as there are people spamming in zone chat for guardians to exploit for them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm okay with pulling aggro with healing. I really am. I'm used to seeing mobs come up to slap me in the face. That's not the issue.

The issue is a DPS player smacking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of an add and it still chases me. I have an issue when an add spawns, I haven't cast anything and they run right for me even after being intercepted by a dps. I have an issue when I have literally only Astral Seal on a boss and the adds all run to me when I have cast nothing else.

I would like to ask that you change your tone and stop addressing me like I'm an idiot. I know how aggro and threat work and how the fights are intended.

HERE HERE. I can have only astral seal on the boss and when adds pop always range attacks me. I can be running circle not casting a heal for 20 seconds with dps hitting the adds and they still chase after me. Please Cryptic take a look at the DC threat/aggresion.
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ctb3yo wrote: »
    HERE HERE. I can have only astral seal on the boss and when adds pop always range attacks me. I can be running circle not casting a heal for 20 seconds with dps hitting the adds and they still chase after me. Please Cryptic take a look at the DC threat/aggresion.
    I totally agree.

Please Cryptic take a look at the Divine Cleric's threat, something is not right there. Check if threat reducing talents and powers do actually work, I cannot believe how I can pull and maintain aggro without doing anything for 15 seconds while DPS smack the adds attacking me.

Please allow for respecs without cash, so we can try and experiment and we're not locked in to the decisions we made while getting to know the game.

Please.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Dude, paragraphs, most people will skip over walls of text like that.

I totally did. ><
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here's a random thought:

quit making us pay for respecs or watch how quickly your user base abandons this game when the real stuff comes out later this year ;)

Don't get me wrong. I love this game. But paying for respecs is just wrong.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    I totally agree.

Please Cryptic take a look at the Divine Cleric's threat, something is not right there. Check if threat reducing talents and powers do actually work, I cannot believe how I can pull and maintain aggro without doing anything for 15 seconds while DPS smack the adds attacking me.

Please allow for respecs without cash, so we can try and experiment and we're not locked in to the decisions we made while getting to know the game.

Please.

Hey All,

I've seen a fair amount of feedback regarding cleric threat and agro. This is totally valid feedback! Thank you for posting that.

Our team is actively monitoring feedback about this and also investigating it internally. As of this moment, no specific action plan is in place yet as we are still analyzing the issue. It may seem simple ("Just reduce threat!") though there are quite a few factors in play and we treat game balance very delicately. Thanks for your patience! As always, the best thing to do is to post your feedback on the forums in an organized, constructive manner and we will pass those posts along to the devs for review. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)