Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Comments

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    If they were purchased with legitimately gain AD then they won't bother, if the exploiters were stupid enough to just mass mail these things out too their mule accounts then they'll catch that easily.

Smart people will have dumped them on the market from multiple characters for cheap and bought as many as they could on mules. Make a completely insane mess and leave PWE clawing their eyes out trying not to ban hundreds of legit players who just thought they got lucky on the AH.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Smart people will have dumped them on the market from multiple characters for cheap and bought as many as they could on mules. Make a completely insane mess and leave PWE clawing their eyes out trying not to ban hundreds of legit players who just thought they got lucky on the AH.

Smart people are a pain to catch but some will figure out it's just not worth it if PWE comes down hard on the dumb ones.
  • Options
    karandus13karandus13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about fixing all the broken talents in our feat tree? But I guess all that extra damage were doing takes priority.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    karandus13 wrote: »
    How about fixing all the broken talents in our feat tree? But I guess all that extra damage were doing takes priority.

You mean the extra damage which allowed GFs to just one shot everything and when combined with other exploits allowed them to farm easy?

Totally not worth it, also we still haven't seen the full patch notes for tomorrow yet, they only told us of these three fixes to stop the forums from filling up with rage threads over these three exploits.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting rid of AFKers is simple... require that they be actively damaging or healing, if they don't do damage or heal someone within a set time, they go bye bye. simple
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    liggy1990liggy1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you cant ask for a server wipe when legit players have spent real cash on zen and not exploited that will push more players away aswell
  • Options
    gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Good job. Now all that needs to be worked on is the rest of bugs with skills on all classes.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate the changes. I would just like to point out a point though. Can you add a way to preload the maps for PvP, skirmishes and dungeons? My internet speed got capped after the direct download of NWO (it made me upload ridiculous amounts of data for some reason), and each time I download a new map/skirmish it takes 10+ minutes to load (game would usually crash out). I'm always feeling bad for the PUGmates during that time but it's not AFK by choice. I'm sure it's not only me who has this issue. Obviously it doesn't apply for people who AFK farm PvP, but for those of us with slower internet we can't help it.

With dungeons I've learnt to try to find the entrance to enter it first and pre-load it first, but since I need a new skirmish/dungeon (and maybe new PvP) map every few levels would really prefer just an option to preload those sections before queuing up. Thanks!
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "-A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

About friggin time i feel sorry for AFK groups lol when they find out :P suckers
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets hope they ban all the valiant set abusers.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if rewards are gimped too much, people coming against premades and gear capped players are going to have no reason to do it any more, since they'll get nearly nothing in return for their participation. something to think about. I have a suggestion about the reward/participation thing, currently it seems a certain amount of glory is given no matter what people do, and you see a MUCH smaller number after the match for whatever you've done int he match. if those numbers were swapped, the tiny one being for just being int he match, and the much larger one for participation, that would make a difference, along with adding a minimal point requirement of about 200 or 300 to get any experience from that match. you don't want it too high, since people will just afk or quit anyways if they're horrible enough to know they won't hit the cap and it wouldn't be too many people but those people would be pretty PO'd I'm sure. it is easy enough to get 200 or 300 points form assists at the cap points though, even if people are horrible, unless they literally instadie and get CC before they can reach the cap point or tag anyone for assist credit. and that, I don't really have any idea how to work with it. One thing that would truly 'balance' out pvp would be eliminating mounts from pvp entirely. when people can Q up at level 20 in a group of 2 or 3 or more people with tier 3 mounts and they're decent players it's over pretty much, they can get to cap points too fast and back and forth between them too fast. not to mention chase people down too fast. most ftp players will still be at tier 1 mounts even at level 60 I'm gonna guess, for a while. so removing mounts entirely from pvp would definitely weaken the premades at all level ranges but especially the lower level ranges a bit, if you're discouraging afk or leavers that's definnitely a very important thing to work on. I think a lot of this came from people going, "ah screw it, we're getting stomped by imba, we already tried for half the match lets just ist here and get the points we earned since it'll bug our next Q if we leave. Oh lawdamightie, I still got exp and glory even though I got 2-9-3 wow let's see what happens if the next match is imba and w ejust sit there and don't waste our time getting pwn for nothing." and then the birth of afk pvp was born, which in turn spread like a disease making people on the team with fewer people go " what the hell use is trying we have fewer people, oh lookie no wonder they do this shtako." and then it spread by word of mouth in a short time and everyone and thir uncle heard about it, and then half of them started doing it and half those continued to do it and made it their new thing.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    "-A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK"

About friggin time i feel sorry for AFK groups lol when they find out :P suckers

Bet you it's the afk timer from the actual game. Warning in 10 minutes, kicked out to login when they hit 15 :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    if rewards are gimped too much, people coming against premades and gear capped players are going to have no reason to do it any more, since they'll get nearly nothing in return for their participation. something to think about. I have a suggestion about the reward/participation thing, currently it seems a certain amount of glory is given no matter what people do, and you see a MUCH smaller number after the match for whatever you've done int he match. if those numbers were swapped, the tiny one being for just being int he match, and the much larger one for participation, that would make a difference, along with adding a minimal point requirement of about 200 or 300 to get any experience from that match. you don't want it too high, since people will just afk or quit anyways if they're horrible enough to know they won't hit the cap and it wouldn't be too many people but those people would be pretty PO'd I'm sure. it is easy enough to get 200 or 300 points form assists at the cap points though, even if people are horrible, unless they literally instadie and get CC before they can reach the cap point or tag anyone for assist credit. and that, I don't really have any idea how to work with it. One thing that would truly 'balance' out pvp would be eliminating mounts from pvp entirely. when people can Q up at level 20 in a group of 2 or 3 or more people with tier 3 mounts and they're decent players it's over pretty much, they can get to cap points too fast and back and forth between them too fast. not to mention chase people down too fast. most ftp players will still be at tier 1 mounts even at level 60 I'm gonna guess, for a while. so removing mounts entirely from pvp would definitely weaken the premades at all level ranges but especially the lower level ranges a bit, if you're discouraging afk or leavers that's definnitely a very important thing to work on. I think a lot of this came from people going, "ah screw it, we're getting stomped by imba, we already tried for half the match lets just ist here and get the points we earned since it'll bug our next Q if we leave. Oh lawdamightie, I still got exp and glory even though I got 2-9-3 wow let's see what happens if the next match is imba and w ejust sit there and don't waste our time getting pwn for nothing." and then the birth of afk pvp was born, which in turn spread like a disease making people on the team with fewer people go " what the hell use is trying we have fewer people, oh lookie no wonder they do this shtako." and then it spread by word of mouth in a short time and everyone and thir uncle heard about it, and then half of them started doing it and half those continued to do it and made it their new thing.

Do yourself a favor and format that or something.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *Wall of Text

Dude, paragraphs, most people will skip over walls of text like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Dude, paragraphs, most people will skip over walls of text like that.

meh I figured no one would read it anyways since it would be posted past quickly. if the devs did read it, probably much couldn't or wouldn't be used from it, I just threw it out as quickly as i could so i could get back to what I was doing before I came.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Days too late for me, unfortunately. Honestly these exploits and some of the idiotic design decisions have made this game unplayable, IMHO. I've contacted PW to request a full refund and know they've started giving refunds to customers who've requested them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Days too late for me, unfortunately. Honestly these exploits and some of the idiotic design decisions have made this game unplayable, IMHO. I've contacted PW to request a full refund and know they've started giving refunds to customers who've requested them.

they don't refund zen I think.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    yunalesscanyunalesscan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix how party Q's work please. Like the fact you can Q at level 60 but never get a healer and a tank in the same group unless you are super luck.

Also We Need some DR on CC effects.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please fix how party Q's work please. Like the fact you can Q at level 60 but never get a healer and a tank in the same group unless you are super luck.

Also We Need some DR on CC effects.

heh 2013 and a matchmaking system in an mmorpg doesn't always grant proper tanking/healing. I've landed with 5 dps a few times myself, and only did dungeons for dailies most of the time. so not often. there also needs to be an invite system attached, so group leaders can look for and add replacements to the group by searching by class from the people in the qeue. it would just make so much sense.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    airsykoairsyko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Can open spots in pvp now be filled mid match? or is the afk pvp kick going to change almost nothing?

Well people who AFK in pvp won't have a reason to AFK in pvp if they are just going to get kicked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    Well people who AFK in pvp won't have a reason to AFK in pvp if they are just going to get kicked.

People who "guard" nodes or run in circles might as well be afk.
  • Options
    arc137arc137 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Healers aren't suppose to have high threat, but they do have uniform threat. When a tank is building aggro on a boss he isn't worried about the healer pulling it, he's worried about the top dps. However, the healer does have small threat to everything when they heal, so those 4 adds that no one is attacking will go for the healer.

I accept that, but currently it is really hard to even peel adds off the healer. That is the issue people are having and why the threat should be adjusted somewhat. I don't think its totally broken, but it does feel too high to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arc137 wrote: »
    Healers aren't suppose to have high threat, but they do have uniform threat. When a tank is building aggro on a boss he isn't worried about the healer pulling it, he's worried about the top dps. However, the healer does have small threat to everything when they heal, so those 4 adds that no one is attacking will go for the healer.

I accept that, but currently it is really hard to even peel adds off the healer. That is the issue people are having and why the threat should be adjusted somewhat. I don't think its totally broken, but it does feel too high to me.

My personal experience says that it isn't the healer generating too much, it's the tanks not generating enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arc137 wrote: »

It's almost impossible to keep adds off the healer if there is an astral shield out since they hit you, you get healed, cleric gets agro back, repeat til boss dies. That said, it's suicidal to try and tank adds without AS in T2+
  • Options
    arc137arc137 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very possible, most of my experience has been random que and I have noticed some doing much better than others. My Comment was mostly directed towards the peeps trying to argue that healer threat is always high and someone even ranked it above all dps.
  • Options
    memnokk13memnokk13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There needs to be a much stronger punishment for AFK pvping. Something like a 24 hour no XP, Glory or AD gain lock.

Reporting AFKers needs to be made easier. Much like we have the option to report spammers by right clicking their names, "Report AFK" should also be an option.

THAT WOULD HELP SO MUCH! But first they should release a type of etiquette, rule system, honor code before hand. Because for instance some people complain that a player can kill a boss multiple times should be punished (exploiting farm and markets is a different story). But I actually believe that is a quality of the game that should remain. Once you hit 60, done all the dungeons, if you don't have anything to fall back to for fun well the game is over. And lets face it, the grind goes pretty fast in this game thus far. If you did your time in the dungeon, cleared the path to the boss, such deserves spoils.

With so many critical errors and culture starting to hit tipping points and throwing out early imbalance is a lot to process. But I don't think such would happen so early in the game if there weren't a few game setting features that weren't in server conflict. Major changes on the platform would need to occur to fix them. As for as game play is concerned, two I foresee should be dealt with before beta ends is for one, the rate of experience gain is far too fast and two, the quests need more variation and variety instead of all being zone/exp/grind based. One of funnest game aspects and only npc roleplay generator will grind people right up to 60 and spew em out of the game.
  • Options
    makovornmakovorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    -snip-
    A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK -snip-
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We plan to address this issue on an ongoing basis. This is the first step towards doing everything we can to ensure that the PVP system is fair and balanced in regards to rewards and participation.

This is good news and I'm thankful for this. However, I have to ask: If someone is removed for being AFK, will players waiting in the queue to enter a PvP match, be added in an ongoing game to balance it? Or, will the players from the other team be swapped over to balance the fight? Or, how do you guys plan to fill the empty spots?

As it stands, removing AFK players are great and it discourages that kind of behavior to a point, but I fear the 'legitimate' player will still suffer because of team imbalance. What would be the point of removing say, 1 or 2 ... or 4 AFK players and only have one or a couple of non AFK players fighting against a full opposing team?

Also, what is to prevent players from just setting up a keyboard macro to i.e. hit spacebar (jump) every few seconds or move forwards/backwards every few seconds to fool such a system? Will doing damage be counted as being not AFK?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm curious how you guys plan to tackle this ongoing problem. Obviously, I realize it's a work-in-progress and again, I truly appreciate your efforts in trying to fix these issues.
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixing gf threat then? cause now that we cant solo we need to get them group spots that other cleric is taking from us
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers need to be taken down now before any further harm can be done to the economy. the exploit is now known and out there with a simple google search.
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    too little too late...

sadly this ruined the game and I regret paying 100 euros on Zen and buying stuff.. now these people (more than just a few) essentially ruined the games economy and the motivation for keeping our guild trying Dracolich in Neverwinter Castle has vanished.

The customer service in this game is terrible. I have open tickets from day 1. A GAME BREAKING EXPLOIT has been allowed to continue AND RUIN THE GAME for more than 24 hours. Pathetic and I will NEVER buy any game Cryptic has anything to do with.

Cya