test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I don't see why you can't sell gear. I've been selling all my looted greens and blues with no issue without using the AH.

All the top end game gear is what is being exploited from what I understand.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Are you getting Astral Diamonds for all that excess gear?
    No. But is it necessary? No.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    I do still group and PVP, How are those parts in a Single player?
    Ok, so you participate in group content, and the exploiters don't affect you. So when you're running Castle Never and a really big upgrade drops for you, and a different class from you ninja's it to sell it, that doesn't affect you?

When you queue for PvP and your entire team is AFK, that doesn't affect you?
    I think you need to think about what you're saying a bit more
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    Ok, so you participate in group content, and the exploiters don't affect you. So when you're running Castle Never and a really big upgrade drops for you, and a different class from you ninja's it to sell it, that doesn't affect you?

When you queue for PvP and your entire team is AFK, that doesn't affect you?
    I think you need to think about what you're saying a bit more

Someone ninjaing an Item is not an exploit, it has happened before in multiple MMOs I have been in.

If they are AFKing in the PVP group then I will leave and do something else in the game like a foundry mission.

I dont see how either of those two examples are ruining my whole game experience though. I , unlike most people apparently, can let things go and move on.
  • acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    The fact that I am still having to debate with people about wanting a functioning AH in an MMO is beyond ridiculous. We should be able to take something like that for granted.

Most people besides you like to sell all their loot they earn for a decent profit in any mmo. I don't know about how endgame is here yet, but on other Cryptic games like STO with the same loot system, everyone needs everything unless their inventory is full or its an item that doesn't vendor or sell for exchange very much. Since everyone needs everything, you have missed out on lots of stuff you need so you also need to need everything just to make enough money to buy loot you missed out on. Even in most fleets im in work like that so nobody has to argue over who gets what, let the RNG decide that. I rather everyone do it that way in this game also, I wish their wasn't a need window, just everyone rolls on every item automatically, if you don't want it give it away or sell it later. Much faster too since you don't need to analyze each drop immediatley, just roll on it and worry about what it is afterwards.
    Anyway if you do play like this as I'm sure many do, we need a working economy.

Exactly. Time to stop feeding the fantrolls. It doesn't matter what argument you put up to show how absolutely freakin wrong they are, they just make up a new argument.

This game is broke, wipe it.
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    Exactly. Time to stop feeding the fantrolls. It doesn't matter what argument you put up to show how absolutely freakin wrong they are, they just make up a new argument.

You do realize that discussing two different points of an issue is a discussion right? Its not just everyone agreeing on what you say.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that discussing two different points of an issue is a discussion right? Its not just everyone agreeing on what you say.

The 2 issues I am discussing are the new server/server wipe issue, and the broken economy issue, they are directly related as the need for a new server results from the exploits that broke the economy and we both agree, and both completley disagree with you.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    The 2 issues I am discussing are the new server/server wipe issue, and the broken economy issue, they are directly related as the need for a new server results from the exploits that broke the economy and we both agree, and both completley disagree with you.

And that is a discussion! You dont need to agree with someone if you dont want to. I dont think the game is broken nor does it need a full server wipe/new server, something that wont happen anyways.
  • acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching 2 of the exploits tomorrow. Time to see if this game will live or die... will they effectively wipe the AD/Zen from those that cheated or not...
    edited May 2013
    Patching 2 of the exploits tomorrow. Time to see if this game will live or die... will they effectively wipe the AD/Zen from those that cheated or not...

I am as well hoping for some kind of punishment and I am waiting anxiously for the full patch notes.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    No. But is it necessary? No.

Well, if you're satisfied with gold, that's fine. But I think that most people would prefer to sell their excess gear on the AH for Astral Diamonds, given that ADs are used for far more -- & arguably, far more important -- things than gold.

I'm pretty sure that PW/Cryptic has options beyond merely "wipe it clear," & I'd strongly prefer they exercise those options before they go nuclear on the player base. I don't think that saying this makes me a "fantroll," nor do I think it even implies that I'm ignoring the arguments in favor of a wipe.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • chubbiezchubbiez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just had a GF in my party with ovver 4million dps what the hell????????????????
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chubbiez wrote: »
    just had a GF in my party with ovver 4million dps what the hell????????????????

4 million dps that sounds a lot, so he should have like 4 000 000 x 2700 damage done at the end of the instance if it takes 45 mins.. Now that's a lot.
  • forwardscreamforwardscream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just like to point out, all of you guys that are stating "Oh why punish me when I didn't do anything" Because it effects the ENTIRE game, not just you. Mainly the economy is going to end up like D3 and be ruined.

Also - The game is in OPEN beta, not a finished project.

The game is FREE.

You are not entitled to ANYTHING. The game is free, the only people who are entitled to something are the people who bought zen or founder.
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Well, if you're satisfied with gold, that's fine. But I think that most people would prefer to sell their excess gear on the AH for Astral Diamonds, given that ADs are used for far more -- & arguably, far more important -- things than gold.

Yes. But the issue here is that the AD/AH market is borked. Regardless, the fact remains that getting AD from these items are not required to progress through the game. Hence disabling the AH will not break the game.
    edited May 2013
    Btw the exploits will be fixed, they have announced a maintenance. They will also look into the economy so hopefully they will fix everything. All that's needed now is to ban all the cheaters and remove all items + ad that was involved in the cheating.
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere on this forum, so I'm just gonna mention that I don't want a wipe simply because I invested nearly 2 days of play time to merely hit 60. Probably that much again gearing up.

I played through the single player stuff legitimately and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't enjoy having to do it again and would more likely just quit playing rather than be forced to go through it again.

Surely, though, there is a way of seeing ' Oh, dickhead@knobjockey sure has posted a lot of epics... he appears to be getting them all from this unguilded GF wearing a very specific item set... ban hammer' (wiping all further effect that player can have on the market).

Yes, damage has been done, prices have come down in alot of places, but it is not significant enough to have shifted the economy past an equilibrium it would otherwise have reached. Yet. If these illegitimate millionaires can be prevented from messing anything up further, all that's happened is a slight acceleration in the status of the economy.*

*Open to being corrected
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

They can't even answer petitions. I doubt they will put the manhours in for it.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    They can't even answer petitions. I doubt they will put the manhours in for it.

WHAAA Different Teams do Different tasks? NO WAI!!
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Btw the exploits will be fixed, they have announced a maintenance. They will also look into the economy so hopefully they will fix everything. All that's needed now is to ban all the cheaters and remove all items + ad that was involved in the cheating.

which is great and all but the servers sould be taken down now and the fix applied instead of in 11 more hours, when 11 more hours worth of gear has flooded the market and 11 more hours of ill-gotten diamonds have flooded teh economy.
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    which is great and all but the servers sould be taken down now and the fix applied instead of in 11 more hours, when 11 more hours worth of gear has flooded the market and 11 more hours of ill-gotten diamonds have flooded teh economy.

That only matters if they dont do anything about the ill gotten diamonds.

Off topic why do people feel the need to hyphenate words that dont need it.
    edited May 2013

True, true.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That only matters if they dont do anything about the ill gotten diamonds.

Off topic why do people feel the need to hyphenate words that dont need it.

the exploiters can use diff accounts created by differnt people or with diff emails to disseminate their diamonds through the auction house by posting low level greens for tens of thousands of diamonds.

i hyphenate to make grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mad. helps me stay warm on cold nights.
    edited May 2013
    the exploiters can use diff accounts created by differnt people or with diff emails to disseminate their diamonds through the auction house by posting low level greens for tens of thousands of diamonds.

i hyphenate to make grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mad. helps me stay warm on cold nights.

Wow sounds like alot of these exploiters have quite the astral diamond underground started if they are doing this. I mean we are talking about Astral Diamond laundrying here
    edited May 2013

Which the devs all have logs for..
    edited May 2013
    Wow sounds like alot of these exploiters have quite the astral diamond underground started if they are doing this. I mean we are talking about Astral Diamond laundrying here

dude on his stream wsa just talking about making sure he spread his wealth before the patch at 7am as they repeatedly one shot the dracolich.....

pull your head out of the sand, chief.
  • ftgeftge Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is broke as a joke. PWE and Cryptic could not possibly care less; they got their money and sold us a lemon. There is 0% chance of a wipe and probably similar chance of punitive action on players. Play it and enjoy it for what it is, but don't count on this game being very much different in the future from what it is now.
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Which the devs all have logs for..

And how do you keep the unfortunate innocent player who accidentally bought one of the green items from being caught in the crossfire?
    edited May 2013
    dude on his stream wsa just talking about making sure he spread his wealth before the patch at 7am as they repeatedly one shot the dracolich.....

pull your head out of the sand, chief.

So one guy is doing this, wow what a massive failure of a game then
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

People are posting think Cryptic is going to dedicate 1000s of man hour tracking all of this. It's not going to happen. If you bought $200 hero package and never recieved your diamonds your most likely still waiting on the petition to be answered. If they still have petitions from day 1 unanswered how are they going to handle something of this scale.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
This discussion has been closed.